General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Oh yeah, I also want to add for those with JP PSN, Eiketsuden demo is avaliable for download. (I have it on PS3, I'm not sure if the demo is available on the other consoles)

It's a bit jarring for me to get used to the controls(blame other srpgs), but the mechanics are simple enough to understand, until I get further in to make better judgement, it seems like it's going to be on the easy side.

How are they jarring if I may ask?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 3 new characters for Hyrule Warriors, according to GameExplain this is highly likely due to the leaks.

Yuga, Raavio and Toon Zelda seem to be it unless this is proven false, (grain of salt but they say its likely legit)

It just has to be Yuga and Raavio. I mean the The Link Between Worlds pack has two characters, so who else could it be?

But Toon Zelda would be interesting. She would be part of the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack. And Zelda was not in Phantom Hourglass so we are probably getting Phantom Zelda/Ghost Zelda as suggested in the video. And considering that Ghost Zelda can't actually attack or get hurt, she is probably going to stay in a Phantom outside of her Intro/Victory animations.

And I'm very curious what Toon Link's new weapon is going to be. If we limit ourselves to the DS games, I can only imagine the whip. Or Phantom Zelda I guess.

It just has to be Yuga and Raavio. I mean the The Link Between Worlds pack has two characters, so who else could it be?

But Toon Zelda would be interesting. She would be part of the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack. And Zelda was not in Phantom Hourglass so we are probably getting Phantom Zelda/Ghost Zelda as suggested in the video. And considering that Ghost Zelda can't actually attack or get hurt, she is probably going to stay in a Phantom outside of her Intro/Victory animations.

And I'm very curious what Toon Link's new weapon is going to be. If we limit ourselves to the DS games, I can only imagine the whip. Or Phantom Zelda I guess.

We could just have him use the train as a weapon, for the sheer hilarity. A weapon idea I had was like the Four Sword, for various split attacks, but I doubt they'd do that.

We could just have him use the train as a weapon, for the sheer hilarity. A weapon idea I had was like the Four Sword, for various split attacks, but I doubt they'd do that.

I was going to suggest the train too until it occurred to me that the train would look awkward without rails. And yeah, the Four Sword seems unlikely. I mean does Hyrule Warriors contain anything from the Capcom-made Zeldas? At least I haven't noticed anything yet.

Edited by BrightBow

I was going to suggest the train too until it occurred to me that the train would look awkward without rails. And yeah, the Four Sword seems unlikely. I mean does Hyrule Warriors contain anything from the Capcom-made Zeldas? At the very least I haven't noticed anything yet.

Nope! Which is a shame because I really love Ages & Seasons.

How are they jarring if I may ask?

It's more me, and not the game itself, but you can't move characters with the analog stick. This doesn't sound like a problem, but I've gotten used to using that for free ranged movements instead of D-Pad/grid locked moves.

The confirm and cancel buttons occasionally flip back and forth from X and O in combat and menus, but I think that's a console/game region thing.

I should play it again and see if there was anything else, but I'm doubting it as I post. Because everything else was fine.

So again, it's just me. I need a bit of time to condition my fingers because they impulsively do old habits.

Oh yeah, they were awesome. And with many great ideas too. The Magnet Gloves, the Cape, the rings, seeds, swimming underwater... And you get to ride a blue bear with wings, can't forget that one.

Come to think of it, the seeds actually are in Hyrule Warriors as fairy food.

Wow, I didn't think I'd see this many people who actually like Warriors games on a non-Warriors site.

DW 4 and DW 5: Empires were childhood loves of mine. I finally got a hold of 7 when I was older, my addiction just shot to a new level. The story mode in that game is amazing!

I liked the characters in the first game, but I didn't actually start caring about them until I played that one. They actually felt like real people with emotions.

There were a lot of scenes in 7 that almost made me cry. Especially's Wei's.

One thing I have to disagree with here was that 7 made me have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Wei. Xiahou Dun and Yuan were given some amazing personalities, and the Dian Wei scene broke my heart (Mostly because of what Cao Cao did right after!)

Wei has become one of my least favorites, not because of a lot of the other generals, but because of Cao Cao and Cao Pi.

Now, one of the scenes that really got to me was Liu Bei's, when he finds out about what happened at Jing Province. That was the most emotion I'd ever seen Liu Bei display; It actually kinda disappointed me when I saw the same scene in 8. Even though he still went on a rampage, I liked actually seeing the weak spot in his 'virtue armor'.

And the Sun Ce scene was pretty sad. I felt pretty bad during the Zhou Yu one too, mostly because of Sun Quan. It kind of stinks that DW 8 doesn't dwell as much on him having a crippling insecurity.

Hyrule Warriors Legend. I love this freaking game, love the gameplay, love all the characters, the graphims, the musics, the story is meh, but whatever. I spend over 370 hours over it, making it the first on my 3DS most played game.

I unlocked everything, all the Skulltulas, the weapons, optimized most of them, the Master Sword and all the character are at 99.

... Imagine my face when I learned that the Awakening DLC increased the level cap to 150 and added level 4+ weapons. A mix between salty and 'Time for even more adventure !'

When thinking about it, only the level 4+ weapons really annoys me, 'cuz I already had level 4 optimized weapons, the increase of the level cap was only a matter of time, and I was looking forward it.

By the by, I love Medli and Marin, they're awesome !

Same for the maps, it helps that they used the best music ever. Cocolint 8-bit remix hell yes !

... Hilda ? C'mon give me dreams.
I'm only interested in Toon Zelda, Ravio look cool but I have my doubt. Yuga's cool too but... he's too Ganony. Hmm... too Ganony, but not too Ganondorfy, that would be interesting.

I don't like Linbeck, I'll honestly be dissapointed (not for too long I reckon, since it's HW.) if he's included.

Seriously ? Nothing from the Capcom games ? They're just so much good things in them ! The characters, the items, the maps, musics everything !
I'm in the same boat as you, I really, really, really loved OOS and OOA.

Edited by B.Leu

Some Samurai Warriors news!

It seems SW will be getting a new....something. At the moment its not clear whether its a spin off, side game or new installment but Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru has been announced. Sengoku Basara, that other Sengoku franchise also has a side game devoted to Yukimura in the works

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7570666/1/

Now I'm not sure why Koei(or capcom) thinks we need any more Sanada after we already had the huge focus they got in SW4 as well as a Sanada Anime. I get that there's some big TV drama show about Yukimura but the dark strategist Kanbei got one of his own around SW 4 and I didn't see the Kuroda getting any more attention.

I'm not really seeing what more they can do with the Sanada. They already got huge amount of screentime and compared to most clans they already are a pretty small fish getting a disproportional amount of attention.

But it could still be good despite that big issue.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I saw that earlier and still managed to miss the big [samurai Warriors] in the article so I had no idea what it was.

I'd like to think that we could finally see the Sanada Ten Braves in some fashion or other. But that's very likely wishful thinking, still.

One thing I have to disagree with here was that 7 made me have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Wei. Xiahou Dun and Yuan were given some amazing personalities, and the Dian Wei scene broke my heart (Mostly because of what Cao Cao did right after!)

Wei has become one of my least favorites, not because of a lot of the other generals, but because of Cao Cao and Cao Pi.

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors in a long time, but Cao Cao and Cao Pi are bent towards conquest and ambition, and their Lawful Neutral(at least I think so) nature drives them to do what they do. Cao Cao wants peace, but goes about it in a different way. Same with Cao Pi(even though historically he's a chump)

Some Samurai Warriors news!

It seems SW will be getting a new....something. At the moment its not clear whether its a spin off, side game or new installment but Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru has been announced. Sengoku Basara, that other Sengoku franchise also has a side game devoted to Yukimura in the works

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7570666/1/

It's because capcom is making a Yukimura game, that's what I think anyway.

I'll call this Samurai Warriors: Koei Gives Capcom A "Fuck You" to the Face, because this game isn't needed, in my opinion.

I guess they are doing something kinda interesting. You will be playing Yukimura throughout his entire life. This means you get to play as the standard pretty but but also as a little shota and....a grown man with a beard! That's actually a bit of a risk considering the Japanese fans do love their prettyboys.

In less surprising news Yukimura's father has also been announced. He looks pretty cool.

Woah, Masayuki's actually getting a unique design? And Yukitaka's getting a semi-unique design? Now we just need Chiyome Mochizuki to join the roster and make Masayuki and Yukitaka playable in the next SW and my Takeda/Sanada wishlist will be complete.

And also I agree with the Koei Warriors people that Yukimura isn't interesting enough to carry a game on his own.

I agree with that too. I have to considering I was the first one to mention it on there.

Perhaps the Takeda clan being stuck to the Sanada so much can actually be an advantage here. They are guaranteed a lot of screentime in this game.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

What's everyone else's idea on the different mechanics that was mentioned for the game?

to me, it sounds greatly interesting that there's gonna be more things to do around outside of the familiar musou gameplay

Also, greatly happy to see Masayuki finally make his debut in the series

and his design isnt too bad either, love the hat.

Though now i'm wondering

will they finally reveal Yukimura's wife in this game?

And Yukimura's cape though.

his whole design is giving me a sort of..

i don't want to say Nobunaga, but there's no other way i could describe it

And also I agree with the Koei Warriors people that Yukimura isn't interesting enough to carry a game on his own.

maybe they should make this an opportunity to bring in Sasuke and/or Saizo in to play off Yukimuras character?

/wishful thinking

I just noticed younger(?) Masayuki's hair is half white and half black..

huh, interesting

and looks like the stream is gonna be starting really early where i'm at

which is good, i needed an excuse to fix my sleep schedule

• 4 weeks later...