General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC me and my brother had a 10 minute demo of DW3 nanman campaign before getting DW3, and we would always try and beat the map before the time ran out.

DW3 nanman is pretty long though. Is there some way to skip fighting meng huo 7 times by going straight to his final base or something?

I also remember a DW3 demo featuring a nanman map that didn't show up in the actual game?

I forgot what makes DW4 Nanman annoying more than other games

Which is weird considering I played them more than other games

IIRC it was because of the fact that you need to run in circles, and the amount of poisonous swamp is WAYYY more than other games?(combined with DW4 super overpowered Peon. Chore to the max)

I remember Nanman was my "favorite" grinding stage simply because the weapon EXP was delicious so eh >_>

I never experienced vanilla DW4, but I do recall the Nanman poison swamps being the main reason I hated those places.

Also, in DW4XL, I used to use Xiao Qiao's stage to grind levels and weapon EXP, since you only fight officers and Cao Cao like 4 times or so.

Also, in DW4XL, I used to use Xiao Qiao's stage to grind levels and weapon EXP, since you only fight officers and Cao Cao like 4 times or so.

Oh yeah, IIRC its Escape from Tong Qiao Tai

Really nice level to grind WEXP and ATK drops

This is why I'll never go past 5 for games in DW

the goddamned voice acting

A couple of people actually kept their voice actor through the whole thing. There's a handful but I can only remember Dun, Pang Tong, and Zhao Yun.

A couple of people actually kept their voice actor through the whole thing. There's a handful but I can only remember Dun, Pang Tong, and Zhao Yun.

I don't want Zhuge Liang's voice to ever change, its so perfect.

Also I enjoyed the early VAing just because of how silly it is :P:

DW4 XL Lu Bu stage

Liu Bei "tragic" voice sounds surprisingly hilarious despite the conetext of the scene

Do you mean the optional stage where you can fight a weakened Lu Bu after completing the various objectives?

EDIT-So I've played DW1, but I've never played DW2. Anyone have an opinion on it?

Edited by Severian

DW4 XL Lu Bu stage

Liu Bei "tragic" voice sounds surprisingly hilarious despite the conetext of the scene

I'm remembering this and laughing too hard at it.

Also remembering those 2000 kills for Lu Bu's weapon

The older DW games sound hilarious campy. Should I play them? Have they aged well?

What do you mean by campy?

You should if you want to, I hear of the Pre-6 DWs, 3 was pretty good.

It was the Lu Bu stage on XL Legend Mode

Stage is basically a free for all kill everything. Honestly one of the funnest stage ever simply because... you only fight shit

The stage progress after you killed named officer. The last of which is Liu Bei

Thing is the VA where Liu Bei is sad about Guan Yu and Zhang Fei death is so hilariously done that you cant help but laugh at it

Anyway

4 - Story Mode is based off the kingdoms(Wu Shu Wei Other) and characters are unlocked based on hidden things you do to unlock a secret level.

On a deeper level the game mechanic is questionable. Shockwave Ring on C3 couldnt kill, Elements are hilariously unbalanced(Vorpal = god. Everything else is honestly worthless). They retain some archaic features on moveset. A big example is Xu Zhu Mushou that deals massive damage but happen to throw enemy off so far that its impossible to combo with.

Musou was very underpowered as well. I guess this is caused by the sheer power of Musou during 3. And finally peons are OVERPOWERED for all the wrong reason. On 4-5 star levels on Hard Mode, peons and officer practically deals like no damage outside of Duels or specific cases.

Lets put it this way, it takes a full combo and 3 hit follow up to kill 1 peons. Big part of the "fun" in DW is when you kill the peons. You wont feel this way in dw4.

The final game result is one where all you have is C5 spamming because 80% of your move is worthless, characters like Lu Bu and Cao Ren who doesnt use their weapon to do some of their attacks are worthless, and finishing a level is tedious.

DW5 - 5 is probably the perfect old style dw game imo since the mechanics are more well balanced. VA is starting to sound fine, for the most part.

DW 5 used the old "individual character" style for story mode. Its a popular story mode model for the fanbase that havent been done since 5 for an obvious reason.(theres 50 something character. Imagine playing all 50 through the story mode. Good Luck).

5 also removed some cool things from 4 but they do everything perfectly so i wont mind it much

6 - the gameplay had a good idea that is poorly executed. Story mode are also barebones because theres just... too few. To be honest the idea of Sun Jian and Lu Bu storyline in dw6 is a nice so i give them that.

6 is also known for it extremely boring cast because of the sheer amount of duplicate characters with exact same move outside of explosion animation

Also yeah the optimal playstyle in dw 6 is:

Press square twice, roll or block, repeat

Then you use musou and then you do that again

At least C5 spam in dw 4 looks cool.

Edited by JSND

DW6 also had the second best incarnation of Gan Ning too, I would really like to see those dual knives return one day.

I'm of the opinion that DW6 was not so bad, I agree that the execution was poor though.

I think if DW6, in any capacity, was executed the same way as DW6E, it would've been better. At least I think so.

Edited by Soledai