How Many People Got Stefan?

SSbardock84

When Did You Get Stefan for the First Time?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. In Path of Radiance

• First time
    • Second time
    • Third or more
    • Not sure but I remember getting him
  2. 2. Did you look it up (Path of Radiance)

3. 3. In Radiant Dawn

• First time
    • Second time
    • Third or more
    • Not sure but I remember getting him
  4. 4. Did you look it up (Radiant Dawn)

We all know Stefan is probably the most complicated character to get in Fire Emblem. It'd be extremely rare for someone to just stumble upon him by accident, especially in Path of Radiance. How long did it take you to get him in both games? I got him the first time I played Path of Radiance, because I played Path of Radiance after Radiant Dawn so I looked up how to get him. In Radiant Dawn I got him the second time I played through, I looked him up after the conversation with him and Yune.

I wouldn't call him the most complicated. It's pretty simple, really, just impossible to know blind which is terrible design. Looked him up on what was my third run of PoR because I hate missing characters.

Edited by Parrhesia

Didn't get him in PoR without looking it up, in RD, I actually did. I literally stepped on the EXACT tile that I needed and was just like "WTF is wrong with the loading times" and then Stefan came out of the blue and joined, and then proceeded to be in range to kill someone else that I wanted to die anyways so I kept using him.

We all know Stefan is probably the most complicated character to get in Fire Emblem.

I see this and raise you Xavier. And Shinon.

Stefan is literally the only non-Gotoh prepromote I'm fine with using. Only in PoR though.

How come?

Anyway, to answer the question, I got him the first time I played both games, and had guides for both.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I always look up how to recruit characters during my first run because I'm as dumb as a sack of bricks and can never figure out half of them.

Edited by Refa

Anyway, to answer the question, I got him the first time I played both games, and had guides for both.

Just a personal rule, I suppose. That and prepromotes tend to soak up more EXP and I prefer training units from weak to big buff spine rippers instead of them already being stronger than normal.

I use 2nd tiers in RD but no 3rd tiers.

We all know Stefan is probably the most complicated character to get in Fire Emblem.

On placement yes, but I still think Xaiver takes the complication cake.

Just a personal rule, I suppose. That and prepromotes tend to soak up more EXP and I prefer training units from weak to big buff spine rippers instead of them already being stronger than normal.

I use 2nd tiers in RD but no 3rd tiers.

Okay then. Sounds a good bit like me, though I'm more open to who I use, prepromo wise. Though exactly why are those two the exceptions?

Okay then. Sounds a good bit like me, though I'm more open to who I use, prepromo wise. Though exactly why are those two the exceptions?

I dunno, Stefan is pretty good. I guess I just like him?

Gotohs are always leveled very high and come around the last chapter so there's not much more room for growth for my units, so said Gotoh won't be stealing much EXP, and even if they were, it doesn't matter because it's the very end of the game.

I dunno, Stefan is pretty good. I guess I just like him?

Gotohs are always leveled very high and come around the last chapter so there's not much more room for growth for my units, so said Gotoh won't be stealing much EXP, and even if they were, it doesn't matter because it's the very end of the game.

I see. Though I don't use Stefan largely because of his luck issues (his 5 luck can't even completely ward off enemy crit chances from the chapter which you get him in; it just gets worse from there on out). And, not unlike Tanith, he can't really hope to gain any significant amount of experience for quite a few chapters; by the time that's no longer the case, the competition's more-or-less caught up.

if you found him without a guide then you either should be playing the lottery or your lying.

In RD, he arrived as a fluke on my first run. No joke. The reason was because i stuck Mordecai over there to kill junk, and BAM there is Stefan. In PoR, i didnt get him the first time through. I got him when i got that other issue of Nintendo Power that showed how to get him.

I got him my first time in PoR but I had to look it up but I got him first time without looking up in RD since I used transfer data and I just assumed he was recruited by Lethe and Mordecai again so yeah, it was more so by luck.

I wouldn't call him the most complicated. It's pretty simple, really, just impossible to know blind which is terrible design. Looked him up on what was my third run of PoR because I hate missing characters.

By most complicated that's what I meant, because he's almost impossible to get without looking it up.

By most complicated that's what I meant, because he's almost impossible to get without looking it up.

WHereas approximately what you have to do to get xane is decently obvious, but the game does pretty much everything that it can to make actually doing that extremely difficult.

POR stephen is actualy really complicated even if you know exactly what to do if you are trying to also fulfill the BXP requirement for that chapter. You pretty much need to do things EXTREMELY exactly.

WHereas approximately what you have to do to get xane is decently obvious, but the game does pretty much everything that it can to make actually doing that extremely difficult.

POR stephen is actualy really complicated even if you know exactly what to do if you are trying to also fulfill the BXP requirement for that chapter. You pretty much need to do things EXTREMELY exactly.

Path of Radiance isn't that bad with getting Stefan if you know exactly where he is. I always send Lethe and I never have issues except for the first time I played.

In RD, he arrived as a fluke on my first run. No joke. The reason was because i stuck Mordecai over there to kill junk, and BAM there is Stefan. In PoR, i didnt get him the first time through. I got him when i got that other issue of Nintendo Power that showed how to get him.

I can see that. The Radiant Dawn level would be way easier to accidentally stumble upon Stefan. But I wouldn't believe someone if they said they accidentally stumbled upon him in Path of Radiance.

I can see that. The Radiant Dawn level would be way easier to accidentally stumble upon Stefan. But I wouldn't believe someone if they said they accidentally stumbled upon him in Path of Radiance.

yeah i'm starting to see this as well.

stefan's placement in 10 is actually on one of the routes to the boss.

meanwhile in 9 his placement is so out of the way, the only reason why you'd go there is if you knew about it.

My family played PoR together (Each with a different save file) I think my mom was on chapter 19, I was on 22 and my step dad on chapter 26. My sister finally hit chapter 15 and she would take hundreds of turns to finish a chapter and landed on Stefan's spot by chance and we were all pretty jealous when she got an "S" rank sword through dumb luck. Then obviously, on our following playthroughs we researched it and found we could obtain both Stefan + the sword.

Radiant Dawn I can't remember, I think I may have found him by accident though.

My family played PoR together (Each with a different save file) I think my mom was on chapter 19, I was on 22 and my step dad on chapter 26. My sister finally hit chapter 15 and she would take hundreds of turns to finish a chapter and landed on Stefan's spot by chance and we were all pretty jealous when she got an "S" rank sword through dumb luck. Then obviously, on our following playthroughs we researched it and found we could obtain both Stefan + the sword.

Radiant Dawn I can't remember, I think I may have found him by accident though.

Your whole family plays Fire Emblem? Thats so cool. My parents haven't played a video game since the NES.