Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question, so I ended up excepting Lin's first quest and for the life of me I can't find any low level Puges to beat up on to complete the quest ( I am currently level 20). I have to complete the quest before I can move on with the story so if someone could help me out I would be grateful.

I have a question, so I ended up excepting Lin's first quest and for the life of me I can't find any low level Puges to beat up on to complete the quest ( I am currently level 20). I have to complete the quest before I can move on with the story so if someone could help me out I would be grateful.

Go to the console in the blade barracks with all the people around it (the one you select your division) and go to use squad tickets there you can get Energy Tubes (among other things) for 22 tickets (depending on far in to the game you are). A lot of the items that are hard to find can be gotten this way so always check. btw the other item is around the beginning parts of obliva most commonly at night.

so the boss of chapter 4 is giving me trouble

In Xenoblade I never fought enemies that much because doing a copious amount of quests took care of thing. Do quests still give much experience? I've only a few so far because I wanted to explore some of Noctilum and do Ch 4 first.

also I don't like Noctilum very much but oh well

I'm on chapter 5 and have found that even if I'm just killing stuff that randomly gets in my way on the way to a destination, I seem to be leveling at a good pace. Quests/probes/random missions seem to be doing the trick for me. I can't confirm, just I've noticed I level quick enough to where I don't even notice it happening. I haven't come across a point where I've had to kill a ton of stuff to level.

In Xenoblade I never fought enemies that much because doing a copious amount of quests took care of thing. Do quests still give much experience? I've only a few so far because I wanted to explore some of Noctilum and do Ch 4 first.

Throw yourself at the boss three (or more always been three for me) times and game will give you the option to lower its level, quests are how I grind, basic can help a lot, as with the hunting quests you get xp on top of xp and gold (you will eventually have a actual use for the extreme amount of money you will end up with), fighting tryants, planting probes and finding treasures also get you xp.

Oh and one thing the game will never tell you (or at least I was not paying attention when it told me), if have a lot of tp you can use it to revive your partners, don't know if you do it before overdrive is unlocked.

I'm pretty sure both Basic and Normal mission give Exp and so does just exploring and discovering landmarks. You might want to take a few quests and walk around Primordia for a while.

As for the battle itself, you might want to be around level 18 and go for the mooks before the actual boss in the fight. You can tell your party members to focus on an enemy by pressing R+up on the d-pad (in case you didn't know, If you did, then be free to ignore this)

I don't like the first area of Noctilum all that much myself, I find it a bit confusing and maze-like with all the plants. But the later areas are pretty great, if as nothing more than eye-candy.

Edited by LuxSpes

I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard horror stories about the Skell licence part.

Is it really that bad or are people overplaying it?

You have to essentially do 8 quests in order to get that one license. However only 2 of them are really annoying or tedious to get since the drop rate on those item to collect aren't really shall we say, common.

But anyways, I have finally beaten the game and honestly I have to say, it's my game of the year and I love this more than the original XC. Mostly because I prefer the gameplay style of this game, I like the avatar system and the sidequests have a lot of nice little character developments for the NPCs unlike the original where most of it was just help me kill this many dudes and random rewards but very little interactions.

Finished up the main story. Can't really say I liked the ending. Won't spoil anything but it ends off on a cliffhanger and there's almost no closure.

Just finished the main quest as well, I don't think the cliffhanger is that bad (mabye it is because the game never anwered any question to begin with so I left as confused as I entered though the last part of the ending felt like a retcon of the first part of the ending)... They are leaving room for more Xenoblade games as the last line of the ending says "I don't think this story is ever going to end". My overall thoughts is that the story feel like the first book in a series in the story nothing to wright home about but it's good and will serve as the foundation for a better one.

This game only ever answers one question, Why do the Ganglion want us dead and even then you don't fully get it because they don't answer the other questions.

Mabye some of the high level affinity missions will shed some light.

Edited by Locke087

I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard horror stories about the Skell licence part.

Is it really that bad or are people overplaying it?

The worst part is where you have to find a certain amount of collectibles. However, the licence exam wasn't too bad for me since I have the Strategy guide, so if you have trouble with the location of certain collectibles, I can look it up if I'm available.

You have to essentially do 8 quests in order to get that one license. However only 2 of them are really annoying or tedious to get since the drop rate on those item to collect aren't really shall we say, common.

But anyways, I have finally beaten the game and honestly I have to say, it's my game of the year and I love this more than the original XC. Mostly because I prefer the gameplay style of this game, I like the avatar system and the sidequests have a lot of nice little character developments for the NPCs unlike the original where most of it was just help me kill this many dudes and random rewards but very little interactions.

[spoiler=XCX Story Spoilers and potential spoilers for the original XC]I still don't want to make a final call on XCX's relation to XC since I want to really experience the full extent of the post-game before passing a final verdict. But I already have some thoughts about the game.

I agree that the quests in XCX are much more fulfilling than the majority of XCs quests. However, unless a sequel gets announced, I'm much more fond of XC's story and characters. I haven't done all the affinity quests yet so my opinion may change, though I'm doubtful 1-3 quests chains per character is going to make me like them as much as the much smaller, but fleshed out cast of XC. I'm also disapointed by the lack of 'diversity' in the playable cast. You recruit tons of aliens as citizen, but only 3 playable characters are xenos. I would have liked to see a playable Nopon or Wrothian. I also felt like the villains paled in comparison to the ones in XC. Goetia, Ryyz and Luxaar felt under-developed compared to Metal Face and Egil.

As for the story, I felt like it leaves way too many important question unanswered. I liked the premise of the story and still think that it could be made in a really interesting one that might surpass that of XC, but at the moment, it leaves me with too many questions and not enough answers. It also felt kind of short. As a comparison, it took me 80hrs to finish the story of the original XC while rushing through the game and completing a minimum amount of quests. Meanwhile, it took me around 40hrs to beat the 12 chapters of XCX.

And I really disliked how the final boss fight was split in 5 parts and were you to lose your skells in the 2nd phase, you can't access them without resetting everything. Though I admittedly haven't really experimented completely with the battle system yet, staying in once class for the entirety of the story, so that may be why ground combat was such a pain for me. I do miss the visions mechanic of the previous xenoblade, though I have to admit that I prefer that XCX limits you to level 60 while still having up to level 99 enemies. Every enemy except the super-boss became trivial as soon as you got your characters to level 99 and with max arts and skills except for the super-boss, however, after spending hours finding the right gear and crafting the right gems, it's kind of disapointing that there's nothing left to challenge you after you beat the measly 5 level 100+ super-bosses.

Also, while I find the a lot of the areas beautiful, there hasn't been a Satorl Marsh, Eryth Sea or Valak Mountain moment for me in this game. The continents are expansive and have a lot more diversity than I expected, but I still feel as if the game lacks in diversity compared to XC and as funny as it may sound, I often feel like the world is a bit too small. Though I must admit that it's quite hard to follow a game where the world is literally the corpse of two giant titans and XCX still amazed with some of its sights and how alien Sylvalum and Noctilum feel and I have to credit them for being able to create such a huge world with no loading screens.

As for the music, this is probably the most subjective part (not the rest wasn't), but I don't like it as much as XC's OST. I don't hate the OST, but there's a lot less songs in the OST that I could put on repeat compared to XC where I can count on my hand the songs that I don't really like a lot. This is, I think related in part to the lack of diversity in areas. In XC, every area had its own theme and the majority had day/night variations.

Overall, I think a lot of my problems can be reduced to the fact that, as the director said, this game was much more focused on the gameplay aspect rather than the story aspect, while IMO XC had a much better balance between Story and gameplay. Despite a lot of the negativity I say about the game, I still think it's a really entertaining game, otherwise, I wouldn't have sunk nearly 100hrs in it as of now.

The worst part is where you have to find a certain amount of collectibles. However, the licence exam wasn't too bad for me since I have the Strategy guide, so if you have trouble with the location of certain collectibles, I can look it up if I'm available.

That is greatly appreciated thanks!

That is greatly appreciated thanks!

No problem. Collectibles can be kind of frustrating in this game since they're grouped in areas that are never really mentioned in the game. Having a guide that listed their location as well as their probability was a definite boon.

Also realized my whole spoilered wall of text was visible when you quoted my post. Hopefully, you didn't see any spoilers, though I admittedly was pretty vague on the whole.

[spoiler=XCX Story Spoilers and potential spoilers for the original XC]I still don't want to make a final call on XCX's relation to XC since I want to really experience the full extent of the post-game before passing a final verdict. But I already have some thoughts about the game.

I agree that the quests in XCX are much more fulfilling than the majority of XCs quests. However, unless a sequel gets announced, I'm much more fond of XC's story and characters. I haven't done all the affinity quests yet so my opinion may change, though I'm doubtful 1-3 quests chains per character is going to make me like them as much as the much smaller, but fleshed out cast of XC. I'm also disapointed by the lack of 'diversity' in the playable cast. You recruit tons of aliens as citizen, but only 3 playable characters are xenos. I would have liked to see a playable Nopon or Wrothian. I also felt like the villains paled in comparison to the ones in XC. Goetia, Ryyz and Luxaar felt under-developed compared to Metal Face and Egil.

As for the story, I felt like it leaves way too many important question unanswered. I liked the premise of the story and still think that it could be made in a really interesting one that might surpass that of XC, but at the moment, it leaves me with too many questions and not enough answers. It also felt kind of short. As a comparison, it took me 80hrs to finish the story of the original XC while rushing through the game and completing a minimum amount of quests. Meanwhile, it took me around 40hrs to beat the 12 chapters of XCX.

And I really disliked how the final boss fight was split in 5 parts and were you to lose your skells in the 2nd phase, you can't access them without resetting everything. Though I admittedly haven't really experimented completely with the battle system yet, staying in once class for the entirety of the story, so that may be why ground combat was such a pain for me. I do miss the visions mechanic of the previous xenoblade, though I have to admit that I prefer that XCX limits you to level 60 while still having up to level 99 enemies. Every enemy except the super-boss became trivial as soon as you got your characters to level 99 and with max arts and skills except for the super-boss, however, after spending hours finding the right gear and crafting the right gems, it's kind of disapointing that there's nothing left to challenge you after you beat the measly 5 level 100+ super-bosses.

Also, while I find the a lot of the areas beautiful, there hasn't been a Satorl Marsh, Eryth Sea or Valak Mountain moment for me in this game. The continents are expansive and have a lot more diversity than I expected, but I still feel as if the game lacks in diversity compared to XC and as funny as it may sound, I often feel like the world is a bit too small. Though I must admit that it's quite hard to follow a game where the world is literally the corpse of two giant titans and XCX still amazed with some of its sights and how alien Sylvalum and Noctilum feel and I have to credit them for being able to create such a huge world with no loading screens.

As for the music, this is probably the most subjective part (not the rest wasn't), but I don't like it as much as XC's OST. I don't hate the OST, but there's a lot less songs in the OST that I could put on repeat compared to XC where I can count on my hand the songs that I don't really like a lot. This is, I think related in part to the lack of diversity in areas. In XC, every area had its own theme and the majority had day/night variations.

Overall, I think a lot of my problems can be reduced to the fact that, as the director said, this game was much more focused on the gameplay aspect rather than the story aspect, while IMO XC had a much better balance between Story and gameplay. Despite a lot of the negativity I say about the game, I still think it's a really entertaining game, otherwise, I wouldn't have sunk nearly 100hrs in it as of now.

[spoiler=endingspoilers]Oh I agree, the story was pretty shitty and the ending imo should have ended before the post ending scene. Yeah I agree the character development could have been better for the main casts and party members but at the same time, this is offset by the other sidequest characters getting more development time over the main characters so they had to balance between the two. Personally, I don't mind the so called one-dimensional characters people keep complaining about and I would rather not have something overly complicated considering they already made the ending more convoluted already.

http://www.amazon.com/Xenoblade-Chronicles-Collectors-Edition-Guide/dp/0744016738

I do highly recommend the guide, especially if you can get it on sale! I don't ever buy guides for games, but got really tired of having to keep googling locations on my phone. I got it for $16 from Amazon on sale, I don't know if they're still doing the book promotion or not.

I'm trying to unlock Chapter 4.

When they say that I need to survey 15% of Primordia, do I just need to walk around until the map says 15% (right now it says 8.2%)? Or do I need to be planting those probes into the ground? Because I haven't seen any of those glowing beacons where I can plant probes.

I'm trying to unlock Chapter 4.

When they say that I need to survey 15% of Primordia, do I just need to walk around until the map says 15% (right now it says 8.2%)? Or do I need to be planting those probes into the ground? Because I haven't seen any of those glowing beacons where I can plant probes.

To increase survey you must Plant Probes and do the quests that are shown on the map.

For example:

A sparkly panel in the map means you have to collect treasure from a certain object

A monster icon means killing a tyrant

A note like panel means there is a quest that are involved in that specific area

In order to get more details of that panel, you must travel around NewLA and gather intel and information from the residents in order to figure out the specifics for each of those panels. If you haven't explored around New LA most of the panels will just give you no information if you just touch them. They will only update for that specific information if you walk around NewLA and listen to the resident's random gossips. Some residents will say stuff like I found a piece of treasure in west of Primordia. That will be updated on your map screen with a checkmark that will show you the specifics of that panel completion for that map. Which will then increase your survey if you do them.

Technically you can just beat whatever is in the panel without having to gather information from the residents if you want to continually explore blind.

Once you do complete it, the panel should now become a golden star with a completed panel which indicates that you have completed that specific quest in that area of the map.

As for the case of the 15% of primordia, just explore around and plant as many probes as you can.

Edited by kingddd

How do you know where to plant the probes?

The hexagons where you can plant probes are shown as green with a dull probe sign. If you can't spot the orange beam despite going around the entire hexagon, it's probably above you (like the case of the probe just north of NLA that's actually on top of Sickle Rock) or in a nearby cave.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but if you haven't done so already, you should go see Eleanora to level up your Mechanical Field Skill. You can ignore Biology and Archaeological till late game because whether you can place a certain probe or not depends on you Mechanical Skill level.

Edited by LuxSpes

So I found this Level 60 monster in the middle of a lake in Noctilium. There was no note that it was actually an enemy.

Now that the pants of myself and my brother have both been shat in, I have no desire to play with this game's bullshit for a long time.