Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

Class exp, although I always assumed that was duplicated, so you'd see the purple number on screen, and that would give you that number of class points, and that number of battle points

Nah, they tell you how many Battle Points you win from a battle and it's not the same amount as Class EXP.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to try and give an overdrive build a try. I configured to have 6000 TP, augment with Overdrive Extend XX and auto-attack range TP Gain by 20 (which is stupidly good btw)

And jeez this is really broken and I didn't even add much to my build. It's crazy.

*Post game ending spoiler warning. Time attack mode

Edited by kingddd

Yeah, I discovered how to do infinite overdrive a couple of days ago and damn it's broken.

It's also way awesome and I've been avoiding skell battles since them, just so I could use it all the time.

And I haven't even finished the game

Decided to try and give an overdrive build a try. I configured to have 6000 TP, augment with Overdrive Extend XX and auto-attack range TP Gain by 20 (which is stupidly good btw)

And jeez this is really broken and I didn't even add much to my build. It's crazy.

*Post game ending spoiler warning. Time attack mode

Especially when you consider that the higher the Overdrive counter is, the more you reduce the enemy's attributes resistances. Even late game tyrants that have 50 res in every attributes end up with -50 res everywhere when the counter is at max.

And the most popular builds use Art Gain TP XX and stack tons of Potential Up augments to make TP arts deal insane damage. You do need to use Ghostwalker to make up for the lack of defensive augments though.

Alright, needed the holofigure for this tyrant anyways so I thought I might as well record it this time around

[spoiler=Gameplay Spoiler]

no drop rip

Been playing this for a bit less than a month and totally loving it. It took me a bit to warm up to it, especially since it's my first Xeno game and it was a bit overwhelming in the beginning with all the menus and options.

Just beat chapter... 10 I believe.

The battle against Zu Pharg. Damn that was epic.

Also I had been using only Lao for the whole game with Elma and Lin. Now I have a bunch of low levelled party members. :c

The story has been getting better since a few chapters ago. Went in with low expectations since I had heard this wasn't a story-focused game, but I like it!

Side quests are pretty fun for the most part, except gathering ones... Fuck those. I wish there was a way to look up specifically where you can find requested items.

Right now I'm really wanting the first Xenoblade Chronicles on the eShop.

Two complaints that seem small but aren't: I wish you could make the text bigger and also keep the overworld music playing in flight mode

Edited by Book Bro

Side quests are pretty fun for the most part, except gathering ones... Fuck those. I wish there was a way to look up specifically where you can find requested items.

I've been using this guide for gathering quests. It's not 100% accurate and may contain spoilers but it's so much better than any guide or wiki out there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

I've been using this guide for gathering quests. It's not 100% accurate and may contain spoilers but it's so much better than any guide or wiki out there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Thanks! I'll give it a read. :D

You can also buy most materials using party tokens from the barracks. Personally I never even bothered to accept gathering quests unless I already had all the materials ready(which I very commonly did) and whevnever a gathering quest turned up in a chain of other quests I should bought the materials.

Just beat Endbringer yesterday, my inner completionist needed to see Mira 100% surveyed but god damm the augment grind was not worth it. There's technically still figures to collect, achievements to unlock, and a few basic missions left but they're WAY too tedious (100 telethia kills? fuck that noise).

I'm planning on doing an asshole sidequest run (aka the let Alex murder people run) though I'm a bit frustrated there's no new game plus feature to carry over my old stuff to make things easier.

I'm planning on doing an asshole sidequest run (aka the let Alex murder people run) though I'm a bit frustrated there's no new game plus feature to carry over my old stuff to make things easier.

Make Her Shower

Cut the Red Wires

Send him west

Don't intervene Alex

Watch and observe prone fight

Don't talk to Slovity

Don't kill piglets

Don't learn disarm bombs

Approve assassinate and mutiny

Disapprove Marriage

Cross is seriously the best self insert.

Edited by kingddd

Just stated the final chapter! Can't wait to see the end of the story, I'm really liking it so far

Make Her Shower

I did that but I had no idea of what would happen

I felt so bad =(

Edited by Nobody

How are quests on this game? Do they incentivate map exploring/scouting or add some character growth into the game?

I'm replaying X 3D and I'm on my way through Satorl and if it weren't for the quests, Satorl would've been a stop by place. Quests on this regard incentivate going to the Exile Fortress, discover Secret locations, get extra items, etc. Are they worse or better on XCX?

How are quests on this game? Do they incentivate map exploring/scouting or add some character growth into the game?

I'm replaying X 3D and I'm on my way through Satorl and if it weren't for the quests, Satorl would've been a stop by place. Quests on this regard incentivate going to the Exile Fortress, discover Secret locations, get extra items, etc. Are they worse or better on XCX?

There are a lot of fantastic quests, but also some few boring ones. Many of them definitely lead to map exploring and add character growth and are really interesting. I'd say that, in general, they're better than the original xenoblade's.

The quests that you want to look for are the Normal and Affinity ones, tho. The basic ones, which you get from the BLADES board are most fetch quests. The ones you get by talking to NPCs or icons on the map are the story driven ones (and yeah, there are a lot of them)

Edited by Nobody

Doing missions and making choices savvy seems to be the quickest way to me. I didn't have much trouble with affinity raising in this game at all. At least compared to the first Xenoblade. It helps that you only have to build it between you r main characters and not between the other party members. Being able to take out three characters at once helps too. There's plenty of missions where you likely won't have to do much combat at all and just run around the city. They usually have a lot of choices to make and due to their nature you can field three characters you wouldn't normally use.

Edited by Jotari

Make Her Shower

Cut the Red Wires

Send him west

Don't intervene Alex

Watch and observe prone fight

Don't talk to Slovity

Don't kill piglets

Don't learn disarm bombs

Approve assassinate and mutiny

Disapprove Marriage

Cross is seriously the best self insert.

Let Gus live

Let Fortun live

Turn the woman who kidnapped the zaboggan in

Let the Orphe eat the tree, (don't talk to the second Orphe watching after the first one eats it)

Just stated the final chapter! Can't wait to see the end of the story, I'm really liking it so far

I did that but I had no idea of what would happen

I felt so bad =(

Why would you let her shower in a place full of monsters?

Anyone discovered an easy way to level affinity? Seems like it takes forever to go up one heart.

Beat the game, and grind the support missions. lvl 50 heavy skells have a weapon that can one-shot the prones on the final affinity-grinding mission

Also can somebody explain Murderess's second affinity

So Irina says that the Murderess would never kill, despite having been shot in the back by her, and towards the end she says she isn't an actual Murderess, despite shooting Irina in the back and setting a team of BLADEs on you in her recruitment quest

Edited by Mikethfc

Let Gus live

Let Fortun live

Turn the woman who kidnapped the zaboggan in

Let the Orphe eat the tree, (don't talk to the second Orphe watching after the first one eats it)

Did anyone not declare themselves Defense Secretary when Nagi went missing on his recruitment mission?

Did anyone not declare themselves Defense Secretary when Nagi went missing on his recruitment mission?

Nope, I did that, along with agreeing to assassinate Nagi right in front of him, (he gets a heart if you do that.) I think there was a second time you could mutiny on Nagi as well, along with that time you mutiny on Elma (she gets a heart if you do that)

Nope, I did that, along with agreeing to assassinate Nagi right in front of him, (he gets a heart if you do that.) I think there was a second time you could mutiny on Nagi as well, along with that time you mutiny on Elma (she gets a heart if you do that)

The affinity system is great.

Letting Alex killing ma-nons gives Elma a heart since she would rather observe and assess situations before acting and for some reason Gwin gets a heart because Gwin.

I think I also teased Lin about shaking her hand with her 2nd heart to heart and Nagi liked it.

Quick question: what do you guys tend to go for with division rewards? So far I've been trying to focus on salvage tickets since they seem like good insurance, but I don't really know how frequently skells get wrecked and how expensive they are to fix because I don't have skells yet.

Let Gus live

But I'm the asshole here! I can't let other assholes out-asshole me.

The Stealth missions like 'Prone Sweet Prone' are awful. Those robots have insane detection areas and if you get discovered even once you're pretty much dead. You have to do a lot of awkward Skell jump-work.

Yeah the stealth missions aren't designed well. I'd say this game suffers from littering way too many enemies in it's environments. The tectinsulas in Noctulim are probably one of the first examples of having way too many hostile enemies on a pathway. I think it's at its worst in that one story chapter where you enter the castle in cauldros and you can't take 5 steps without marnucks showing up and attacking you (and that GOD DAMM alarm).

Because of this, Divine Roost is personally my favorite area since there's barely any indigens spread out all over the place.

The affinity system is great.

Letting Alex killing ma-nons gives Elma a heart since she would rather observe and assess situations before acting and for some reason Gwin gets a heart because Gwin.

I think I also teased Lin about shaking her hand with her 2nd heart to heart and Nagi liked it.

And apparently Hope, the character you recruit in front of a cathedral, was raised by a priest and talks about blessings during battle, will give a heart if you assert that religion is wrong.