Realm of Mirrors - Game Over

Grace

Refa bro, this is a lot of speculation about my role. I soft claimed ages ago and properly claimed before that. I totally get that I can't prove it in any way, but I'd like to think I'm come up with a better claim as scum. Like cult-proof miller!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? Fair enough (not really on the fakeclaim because 4/5 of the players alive have claimed vanilla but moreso on the rolespec). I dunno, here are my thoughts currently (after rereading).

SB- Most likely not SK. Voted Oceanbourne early on going into D2, and had fairly good interactions beforehand. Yeah bussing but if there's a two man mafia team, you don't want to go into D2 bussing your buddy. Also he'd have to be a ninja AND have used another role on Boron beforehand. Also also I don't think he'd be as insistent that it's multiball as scum? I'm not sure what the benefit is there.

Shin- Can't be scum unless he's strongwilled (which is less likely than other people being scum for obvious reasons, maybe more likely for SK). My only issue is that he's had the worst interactions with scum (and Paperblade's D2 case), but maybe I'm just confirmation biasing hard here and being a moron. At least if he's scum, I can just complain about roles in the end and avow myself of any blame (that's how it works right).

Junk- Has great interactions w/Oceanbourne. AFAIK, Oceanbourne had been townreading the slot on Day 1, but suddenly turned around and voted the slot when push came to shove. It could be a bus to make his buddy look better, but it makes more sense that he'd be voting for the town wagon that'd be most likely to get lynched. So...I'm not really sure how he can be scum at this point. 9 out of 10 Refa's agree that he's the most likely candidate to be SK, though (especially considering his play which made NO sense as mafia but I can see why he'd be so dodgy if it's his first time being ITP).

Elie- An issue I've had with scumreading him is that he doesn't seem to be paying enough attention as scum (he didn't know Paperblade was Watcher even though that would MOST LIKELY have been the scum kill, who flipped today, or SB's role), although I GUESS all of those could be faked? His interactions w/Oceanbourne are nonexistent on his end and Oceanbourne was casting SHADE on my Elie read without actually having an Elie read of his own (which is bad). I don't buy his "can we turbolynch Elie" post at the end regardless of Elie's alignment considering that there were only three minutes left in the phase. You know what, this is probably the slot I'd be MOST OKAY with lynching this phase and if he's not scum of any kind (honestly, I think he's not as likely to be SK because he'd care more about the game if he was), then I'm also blaming him for that as well.

PHONEPOST GO

Most of this is off of memory because I don't wanna use a ton of internet rereading.

@Refa, I'm not /sure/ what Eli is but the Eli idled scenario fits much better than any of the others (especially after you reminded me nobody alive was a viable scum NK).

I've come to the conclusion that Via wouldn't sub out as SK and don't think that Refa is mafia based on play and interactions. I'm slightly wary that I'm just being played and am alive because of me townreading him but I don't think it's super likely? So yeah.

Shin feels more scummy in a "pushing mislynches" kind of way than in a "gotta survive i'm solo" kind of way which means he makes more sense as mafia on play? But then after thinking about it the SK would probably be the strongwilled scum if anything because they'd need to be buff as heck to be stronger than BP follower. So I guess that means I'm putting him as town? It /feels/ kind of wrong but it makes more sense just because he can't be the others.

Don't think scum!Eli is out of the question due to kills because Ocean was around at phase end D2 and could've told him who to kill and then Eli was active starting D3. It doesn't help that he's the only player other than Shin without good interactions with flipped maf either, and also he fits as SK too. The only situation I can see him as town in is 9/2/2 but in that case we've already lost so there's no point really considering it.

Junko - Thought he was town and had good Ocean interactions earlier but it kinda feels like he's sat back waiting for things to happen today. Probably still isn't mafia because of Ocean but Incould see him as SK waiting to see who looks like an easy lynch since SK probably wins on a mislynch today.

So uh

Eli > Junko > Shin > Refa in order of lynch priority I guess

Shin, one more question: Who's mafia/SK?

I've got a feeling it's between Junko and Eli. Considering Eli's been laying low and not really been paying much attention to things, he'd make more sense as the serial killer. I'm pretty sure Junko's the remaining scum, but I'm going to rage post game if it ends up being you and SB.

Ditto. I too will be very mad if the last scum turns out to be me and SB (Manix should know not to lie to people in their Role PM's).

Yeah, I'm done with this song and dance. Don't really see myself changing my mind on this one.

##Vote: Elieson

Yeah i'll admit i've not been doing much today simple because i'm not sure what to do. Shin is most likely town then based on what SB targeted them. I guess he could be strongwilled (i thought strong willed and strongman were originally the same thing just one was a role modifier while the other was x shot), but i'm really paranoid right now. I dunno i'd probably say elie is most likely SK than mafia since he might be able to have less commitment to the game then? Sb is most likely town because of zerosabers unless mafia did just kill sabers on purpose but that'd be risky unless they knew they were bodyguard. I guess refa could be moofia but ocean voted them first thing i think.

I'm going to vote for elie just in case i cannot be around on deadline. It's actually reversed for me now lol SK: elie, last mafia :??? (but i guess shin)

Elieson (2): Refa, commie scum

That didn't take nearly as long.

Dear Elieson,

You are Matthew, a guard.

You have no abilities besides your word and your vote.

You are aligned with the Portal Guardians. You win when all threats are eliminated.

It is now Night Four. 24 hours or whenever all night actions are in.

Everything is still working as intended.

You wake up to find two dead.

Dear commie scum,

You are Harley, a guard.

You are aligned with the Portal Guardians. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Dear SB,

You are Tl'gozir, a spirit.

A vengeful spirit from the rift between worlds, your only priority and intent is to close the portal and take out anyone who may stand in your way. To this end, you possessed one of the Portal Guardians, and they don't suspect a thing.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Distract USER. You will magically suggest to USER that they should visit your vessel that night instead of their intended target.

In addition, should you die for any reason, your vengeful power will take hold and cause the rift between the worlds to flare up, making it dangerous to guard the portal the following day. Players can only vote in secret via their Role PM's that day, and no votecounts will be provided for that day.

You can talk with your faction here.

You are aligned with The Spirits. You win when your faction can guarantee parity and cannot be stopped.

Which leaves only two. This means that Shin has been endgamed:

Dear Shin,

You are Ashley, a guard.

Leaving Refa as the winner:

Dear Quote Refa,

You are Jordan, the Deranged.

As a Dark World resident, you've always been just that little bit unhinged. When you learnt of the portal's opening, you felt a huge rush of glee. Revelling in the potential chaos of what may happen if the portal remains open, you decide to infiltrate the Portal Guardians by killing your Light World counterpart and assuming his role.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Poison USER. You will poison USER with a magical poison. The poison will take their life the following night. If a poisoned player dies at night, you gain any role abilities that player had, passive and active. Any passive effects you gain are always active, and any active abilities can be used each night. You may only use one acquired ability each night.

The act of poisoning is not considered a killing action, and you will not be seen visiting players who are dying of poison. Players will not be notified if they are poisoned.

Alternatively, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Slaughter USER. This is the more direct approach to killing people. However, it is less satisfying, so you may only do this once during the game. If you place two hammer votes on players, you will feel more contented with your bloodlust, and so you may do this again once more.

You are aligned with yourself. You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can stop that from happening.

Congrats to Refa for winning. Further comments about the game to follow.

General setup notes:

The setup was made to do a few things, but most particularly I wanted to see how few players I could put in the game while having an SK present.

This incidentally made the design push toward making the mafia think it was multiball, which isn't entirely wrong.

In addition, I wanted a low-power setup so people would be required to actually scumhunt rather than rely on roles.

Talking with some people, it's entirely possible town needed to be marginally stronger, but overall it wasn't terrible balance, somehow.

Other gameplay notes:

I don't remember who was suggesting only one-man scum factions, but that's not even a game of mafia since there's no interactions to be had, ever.

Freyjadour, never never ever pull that shit again. If you claim non-town, people will always lynch you. There's no "I could be lying" clause anywhere. Why would people ever keep someone who has claimed non-town alive? Give it some thought. As a suggestion, if you want to gambit as town, wait until you have more experience. Flailing like that and self-voting are not appropriate, was basically threw the game for town. That's why my motivation was shot to finish hosting the game.

I would suggest getting thicker skin before coming back, since at the slightest push on you, you broke down into what we saw D3.

SB gets a prize for successfully bullshitting past basically everything with what is basically pure guesswork. Good job, sad to see you didn't quite make it.

Edited by Curly Brace

I played really badly, but eh. I wouldn't have pegged Refa as the main antagonist(?) at all. I'd have placed anyone higher.

Your initial sub in post was good, you just need to learn to react better when you're under pressure. Never give up and never self vote as town (usually you don't want to do either as scum as well but there are certain benefits to doing so in certain situations). If you calmly explain where you're coming from and push your reads at the same time, you...won't always not get lynched, but you'll be better off for it.