Decoy: Idle

Mafia Nightkill: Zerosabers

Poison: commie scum

N4:

Jail: Shin

Mafia Nightkill: commie scum

SK Kill: SB

sry i sucked guys

struggled to keep up after holidays with kids and loads of SF-related work with VincentASM on Fire Emblem year-end articles sucked away my time. By the time I got back and could get invested, Freyja/Kira's town flip just completely demotivated me

I also never suspected POISONER, but ITP!Refa did it. Good job man.

godamnit, aside from the hammer being accidental, (thought it was 3 gg me)

i actually might have considered refa being ITP if quote hadn't subbed out. never would've guessed SB being scum though.

overall did not play well sorry

Before we do that, we need to figure out how many people in the mafia section are even still active.

Also, Freyjadour, your D3 was quite possibly one of the worst town plays I've ever seen (second to Cowbell from AM/PM mafia). But your D2 wasn't that bad. Seriously, if you conducted yourself the way you did in D2 outside of mafia, people wouldn't dislike you so much.

godamnit, aside from the hammer being accidental, (thought it was 3 gg me)

It was three, I was just secretly a mayor.

I honestly have no idea what happened D3 but I take full responsibility for town losing tbh.

I was likely going to be lynched due to misreading Elie and shifting away from Ocean, but that was no reason to do whatever that was. Panic I'm guessing. I think I figured out that the game isn't so much about self-preservation as I first thought. Of course, I put Refa and SB as guaranteed towns IIRC so even if Day 3 hadn't gone the way it did, I would've been the best choice that day. I think that the whole hammer thing was because I knew that nothing would change for the next 48 hours, so I just wanted to get it over with. On this other site, I was in this Survivor-esque game. I made it to the top 5 I believe but I actually ended up conceding instead of waiting for the person I was vote tied with votes-wise to show up because I again wanted to get the inevitable over with. I think I also should probably learn to wait a little longer when I'm losing at something.

I've never really played before this, but I know my dad owns a board game version of Mafia. Before I ever join another game here, I think I might actually play it with people I know before coming back and taking another shot.

only time you ever care about self preservation is as scum. And even as mafia you may have to take the fall for teamates. ITP though (for example what refa was ) is the only time self preservation is obviously the most important thing.

I can't understand how people rationalized SB's role as town after a flipped Sidekick and Bodyguard. Sidekick/Bodyguard and Decoy fit together and Sidekick and Bodyguard fit together, but town having three redirecting roles in a 13p game would never happen.

also, there were no roleclaims that would even screw over a mafia decoy.

gj Refa though.

Edited by BBM

Seriously, if you conducted yourself the way you did in D2 outside of mafia, people wouldn't dislike you so much.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do we have to involve this into your criticism of his play?

Anyways, good game. When I left after making my entry Day One I did not expect to be lynched like that as I thought I had done rather well in my late (god I'm lazy) intro post but I do think I'm getting better.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do we have to involve this into your criticism of his play?

Considering that Freyjadour himself complained about people's conducts towards him a day or two ago, YES. >:/

Sounds to me like Freyja wants to learn and improve though. I'm OK with that. It's not like and MeiShmobums where even in poatgame, all they did was justify their poor conduct with porous conduct

Considering that Freyjadour himself complained about people's conducts towards him a day or two ago, YES. >:/

That's done and done. Look at posts I've made since then. I'm finished doing that.

I'm attempting to improve both as a poster and a player. You could at least grant me that by not dredging what happened in that topic up though. It's over and I've learned from it.

my quicktopic, featuring:

me forgetting to post in it

me forgetting to write down my thoughts in it

me being unable to actually get good thoughts in general

me being dead and raging about being dead

me raging at the town's play while dead

me raging at D3

Freyja, you were fine-ish on D2, but that D3 was, like, insane. Advice for getting better - instead of trying to gambit and mindgame etc to stay alive, focus more on what other people are doing. You asked the question "would the things I'm doing make sense as scum?" Instead of using that as a defense, think critically and ask that question of other people. Why are they pushing the people they are. Why are they swapping their votes so quickly? The thing about being town is that town should almost never try to fool other town. You know you're town, and scum knows you're town, so by mindgaming about your own alignment does nothing but introduce confusion and waste time. Draw your own conclusions instead of blindly listening to other people and don't be afraid to put yourself out there.

Edited by CT075

I guess. I still don't feel like bringing this up is something we should do, though.

me being dead and raging about being dead

That reminds me. Killing the guy who just rejoined the Mafia community after more than a year Night One is pretty cruel, scum.

Also, I didn't actually notice your member title, Sunwoo. It's pretty accurate!

I guess. I still don't feel like bringing this up is something we should do, though.

I'm willing to not bring it up again unless he starts engaging in that behavior again. However, since he seemed to care about how he was being viewed, I feel that saying it once is fair enough. Also, harsh as what I said may have sounded, I was expecting to not enjoy playing with him and I was pleasantly surprised that his actual conduct didn't bother me (whatever happened on D3 was just poor play, not poor behavior).

Edited by Sunwoo