Niles?

Eriotto

Well, i just came today to forum, look for few topics and on the one of topics someone named one of characters "Niles", i know already it's Zero but when it leaked to us he'll have this name in our version? I thought we're after this step (lol).
Why i'm asking? Cause we knew a lot time ago about some characters with changed names, even a little, but there was nothing with Zero.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw it in IGN's video where they explored the my castle feature and amiibos. Zero Niles was the shopkeeper for the weapon shop.

Oh, i see, i've missed it. Well, Niles isn't that bad anyway. Tell me if he talked anything there? I'm really curious about his VA lol.

Edit: Nvm, i looked at vid, but voice is poor, or rather quality.

Edit2: Feel bad for Belka, Beruka, really?

Edited by Eriotto

Zero = 0 = Nil ==> Niles

But he will still be forever Niles Edgeworth:

tumblr_nzw27bMkIz1s7vp77o1_400.png

tumblr_inline_nzw1bejZ4z1sq9wvf_540.jpg

Good one. XD

Well, more waiting ~

They just can already annouce European release dammit >.<

Thanks everyone for answers~ I appreciate it.

And i'll repeat it. BERUKA, really?!

Edited by Eriotto

Beruka is another way of translating Belka's name.

Niles reminds me of Nils, and the thought of the former running around in shorts terrifies me far more than anything the localization of Fates has thrown at me.

Niles reminds me of Nils, and the thought of the former running around in shorts terrifies me far more than anything the localization of Fates has thrown at me.

I know Bekura is translated Belka, but imo, it just suck. :S

Belka would be far better imo. :x

Reminds me of something else when you take an actual European name and make it literal Japanese pronunciation with katakana.

What the frick was that legacy character in awakening that got Engrish'd?

I don't remember.

Reminds me of something else when you take an actual European name and make it literal Japanese pronunciation with katakana.What the frick was that legacy character in awakening that got Engrish'd?I don't remember.

you might be thinking of "Raquesis"

I can't wait to marry Beruka to Razuwarudo and deploy their daughter Soreiyu in battle!

Niles' voice sounded pretty good though. From what I can hear, it seems they gave up the deep, sensual aspect of his voice and went for a more flirty, campy voice. The name change is acceptable; I'm always down for giving people real names.

The only name I take issue with is Beruka. <.>

If Niles is a reference to nil I am ok with this.

At least 'Beruka' is a real name, not some made-up one. I'm not joking.

I can't wait to marry Beruka to Razuwarudo and deploy their daughter Soreiyu in battle!

Niles' voice sounded pretty good though. From what I can hear, it seems they gave up the deep, sensual aspect of his voice and went for a more flirty, campy voice. The name change is acceptable; I'm always down for giving people real names.

I wanted a deeper voice, but oh well... -_-

Edited by Leif

I never liked the change from Cyrus to Silas cause Pokemon jokes because it's so similar to how the localized Saias' name. Now there's Nils and Niles? And two FE Selenas? Treehouse you'd already made me sad at E3 with double Arthur, now the sads are back.

Wow, if this is true I'm definitely going dual audio. Baritone, yes. Campiness? Eh...

Zero -> Niles doesn't bother me that much because the logic is there. Nil meaning zero and whatnot.

Tsubaki -> Subaki bothers the hell out of me because Subaki means nothing in English. It's a pointless change. Either change it to the English version of Tsubaki, or leave it alone. Christ.

have actually learned to accept it now myself (I even made up my own headcanon round it and everything, like I did with Kamui>Corrin)

I never liked the change from Cyrus to Silas cause Pokemon jokes because it's so similar to how the localized Saias' name. Now there's Nils and Niles? And two FE Selenas? Treehouse you'd already made me sad at E3 with double Arthur, now the sads are back.

If I'm not mistaken Silas's name was never Cyrus.

Even in the japanese version, it was still Silas.

I've heard there's similar case with Xander's name, as his japanese name is not Marx but rather Marks.

Even Kozaki writes his name as Marks.

And to be fair, in a series like Fire Emblem, where there are so many characters in each game, repeated names were bound to happen.

There's really no "official" spelling of the Japanese names in English. Which is why the Jugdral games have countless variants for romantization for the entire cast (briggid vs briget, aideen vs aeden vs edain, ect). Therefore both Marx and Marks is correct, it'd only be "official" if one or the other was localized. Though weirdness like Raquesis and Ulster can happen which are not romantizations used by jfen and where just picked by localization, like Tiamo into Cordelia.

And on the flipside, before FE14 the series had avoided repeated names (in localization) for seven other games (even if by only one letter difference). Now we've got Selena x2 (14/8) and Arthur x2 (13 DLC/14). Which makes me personally disappointed.

...Wait, Niles isn't a real name? I could've sworn I've seen it elsewhere.

Um... but Niles is a real name?

Niles IS a real name! I was only talking about Beruka. xD

I believe Niles was a character on the sitcom, 'The Nanny.'

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Leif