Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from someone else:

"Japanese vs US file size

The digital file sizes for the US game was released, and the total file sizes for both games together (not including revelations) is only slightly larger than the file size for just one version of the Japanese release.

...it is possible that face rubbing got removed, seeing as Live2D requires a lot of space."

http://serenesforest.net/2015/06/05/fire-emblem-eshop-information-updates/

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/42z5wk/fe_fates_digital_versions_file_size_us/

speculation etc, and I'm not sure how correct this is.

edit: I'm also seeing other people questioning the validity of this and if it was just for one Japanese version so still unsure. It may also include dual audio.

Edited by Tryhard

seal10.jpg8UZsho0J.jpg

FE:F = Fire Emblem: Fish

But seriously if they actually have removed skinship, what is in the realm of possibility for a possible replacement? Just a gallery?

Maybe I should just save myself the pronunciation trouble and nickname her "Dory" then…. works doubly well if I go with Oboro!Dory because of the blue hair color and the other Dory in the spoiler tagged quote…

The digital file sizes for the US game was released, and the total file sizes for both games together (not including revelations) is only slightly larger than the file size for just one version of the Japanese release.

...it is possible that face rubbing got removed, seeing as Live2D requires a lot of space."

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/42z5wk/fe_fates_digital_versions_file_size_us/

speculation etc

Oohhhhhh I was thinking about file size too earlier. This is an interesting speculation but that's quite the jump from one game being 3GB to one game being 1.6GB.

But with that said, do the models really take up the remaining 1.4GB (or less) of space??? Unless I got my math wrong (which wouldn't be the first time hahaha)

Edited by carefreejules

edit: I'm also seeing other people questioning the validity of this and if it was just for one Japanese version so still unsure. It may also include dual audio.

Did you read the actual Reddit thread? Because I'm not seeing anything that suggests what you're saying.

now I'm more concerned that we might not get dual audio

maybe NoA did some good compression work

edit: wasn't the japanese digital version the first six chapters

or was the digital version both paths and once you made the decision at chapter 6 it locked you out of the other path

Edited by Captain Karnage

There's also this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4303fq/can_we_all_just_agree/czei694

I dont think thats right. In sereneforeset, it mentions that 24,666 blocks is roughly the size of Fire emblem IF. But then it mention that only 12,239 blocks are used where the other half splits between the two versions signifying 24,666 is actually the size of both versions. The size of the U.S Fire Emblem Birthright is 1634mb or ~12,765 blocks. Which would then mean both versions of the U.S should be ~25,531 blocks .The U.S is actually larger.

I don't know enough for myself to know if its right or not…

Oohhhhhh I was thinking about file size too earlier. This is an interesting speculation but that's quite the jump from one game being 3GB to one game being 1.6GB.

But with that said, do the models really take up the remaining 1.4GB (or less) of space??? Unless I got my math wrong (which wouldn't be the first time hahaha)

I checked around a little more, I'm also seeing other people questioning the validity of this and if it was just for one Japanese version so still unsure. It may just be incorrect and the US is just slightly bigger file size than the Japanese version, which may suggest dual audio or/and live2d assets are still stored and possibly unused. Once again, it's not really telling without further confirmation.

Oh god, Ana quoted me... Please don't do that again.

The conversations don't need to be deleted, just the face rubbing. I myself hope the conversations are still there.

You do know that skinship makes up something like 4/5ths of the voice acting in the game, right? So what about the characters that can only support Kamui? Their skinship lines are actually like, 30% of all the things they ever say. Plus where you put these character bits? And no, don't say supports or anything like, that would be lazy.

Look, I really don't want to fight about this. I was just putting my thoughts on this and nothing is going to change our minds on this no matter what we say to each other.

Anyway, I wish Nintendo would just put out a video or something showing if this was cut or not and have this end already.

There is no Caeldori, only Matoi. My denial game is too strong, IS.

NoA probably should've just made the game rated M and saved themselves the trouble to be honest.

The problem is you are touching characters whom you don't share a physical relationship with, some of them children no less. It's a whole mess of awkwardness.

I checked around a little more, I'm also seeing other people questioning the validity of this and if it was just for one Japanese version so still unsure. It may just be incorrect and the US is just slightly bigger file size than the Japanese version, which may suggest dual audio or/and live2d assets are still stored and possibly unused. Once again, it's not really telling without further confirmation.

That never occurred to me; it's quite possible skinship is still there, but dummied out.

Awww geez, now that I think about, there's probably going to end up being even MORE drama I feel like if Nintendo does end up debunking Kotaku.

Because then the people who were happy that it 'was' out, they're going to be upset again. And then the people who were originally upset, are going to be happy again.

But on the bright side, if Nintendo does do the debunking, all the more reason to stay the heck away from Kotaku.

Awww geez, now that I think about, there's probably going to end up being even MORE drama I feel like if Nintendo does end up debunking Kotaku.

Because then the people who were happy that it 'was' out, they're going to be upset again. And then the people who were originally upset, are going to be happy again.

That, or if skinship is confirmed to be gone the people who are upset now will just be out of steam to be upset again when they already did all of their raging beforehand.

I mean, seriously

I don't know where some people get all this energy. Whenever I get riled up enough to care about anything, I run out of fucks to give by the next day or two.

Edited by Sunwoo

Anything could very well be dummied out. Often happens in localizations.

That's probably the reason that they're being quiet about it. They might be worried about the reaction either way.

Kotaku may be getting another blacklisting if they did just lie about their source lol.

Edited by Tryhard

But on the bright side, if Nintendo does do the debunking, all the more reason to stay the heck away from Kotaku.

Morale of the story, no one wins...especially Kotaku.

:3

Oh god, Ana quoted me... Please don't do that again.

You do know that skinship makes up something like 4/5ths of the voice acting in the game, right? So what about the characters that can only support Kamui? Their skinship lines are actually like, 30% of all the things they ever say. Plus where you put these character bits? And no, don't say supports or anything like, that would be lazy.

Look, I really don't want to fight about this. I was just putting my thoughts on this and nothing is going to change our minds on this no matter what we say to each other.

Anyway, I wish Nintendo would just put out a video or something showing if this was cut or not and have this end already.

I'm kinda in the same boat now. The fighting is draining. I want legitimate news from Nintendo to end this crap very soon.

were just 23 day away from becoming the new (insert indecisive/annoying fanbase)

FE already kind of is considering that there are people that prefer the hardcore maps of past games, people (like myself) that I only started with Awakening and that's all they know, and people who are fans of past games but still like the Awakening format as well. It'd just be dividing a preexisting division.

I guess we'll just wait and see on the 19th, kotaku still can't be trusted.

If they do take it out maybe the extra characterization could be merged into support convos where it fits (i can think of a few that may fit), but I'm not sure if they'll put in that level of effort. While I think 60% of spoken lines is a misrepresentation of how much it contributes to characterization (do note that supports are entirely unspoken yet contain a much larger block of text, so it's having the dialogue there that count, spoken or not) nevertheless they do contain some fairly fun stuff about these characters and a lot of good hidden gems that would be missed by cutting out it entirely. I mean I have access to the translations, but not every English fan is gonna dig through all the translations and they shouldn't be expected to.

I'm sympathetic to those who are a bit bummed or just really don't like cutting content period, though I think it makes my life easier to be a bit more distant from negativity at this point lol

I got code to write and ryouma to analyze

That, or if skinship is confirmed to be gone the people who are upset now will just be out of steam to be upset again when they already did all of their raging beforehand.

I mean, seriously

I don't know where some people get all this energy. Whenever I get riled up enough to care about anything, I run out of fucks to give by the next day or two.

I'm sorry( and no offense), but...I find how you said that last part to be really funny for some reason! :3

FE already kind of is considering that there are people that prefer the hardcore maps of past games, people (like myself) that I only started with Awakening and that's all they know, and people who are fans of past games but still like the Awakening format as well. It'd just be dividing a preexisting division.

(While the older games, mainly FE:PoR and FE:RD, I prefer and really love) We can at least agree the games are good, right? :3

The Japanese eShop download actually includes both routes, and it translates to roughly 3.16 GB. So the two American versions being 3.2 GB combined makes me think that everything is still there, we just need to know how it's been altered or if it's indeed being used.

were just 23 day away from becoming the new (insert indecisive/annoying fanbase)

I'd say we're already there, this salt as well as other factors, is starting to make me REALLY DISLIKE the FE fanbase.

What I find hilarious is that Fates' choice is CLEARLY designed to appeal to both groups, while the Third Route seems to be designed to bridge the gap, yet the exact opposite of what the developers intended seems to have happened. The fanbase is now more split instead of less, and I don't think that's what Fates was designed to do.

Edited by MCProductions

The Japanese eShop download actually includes both routes, and it translates to roughly 3.16 GB. So the two American versions being 3.2 GB combined makes me think that everything is still there, we just need to know how it's been altered or if it's indeed being used.

Oh, I see! Thanks for the clarification :>

What I find hilarious is that Fates' choice is CLEARLY designed to appeal to both groups, while the Third Route seems to be designed to bridge the gap, yet the exact opposite of what the developers intended seems to have happened. The fanbase is now more split instead of less, and I don't think that's what Fates was designed to do.

Let's be honest, Fates was designed to make money. And how could it not, when the story is spread over three paths and a good number of people will get all three?