Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Second, someone needs to archive those tweets. If this winds up being a misinterpretation of sorts, I want Kotaku to be held accountable. I think it's really weird that only one guy from one website somehow has this information, and it's some sort of off-the-record thing.

Done. And conveniently on one page too!

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why they didn't say that "skinship may be out" instead of "skinship is out.

It would still get them a lot of clicks and they wouldn't risk being blacklisted.

Because they're sadistic animals.

No, because it still won't be as good. That and it's still completely possible that the person who wrote it didn't have the forethought.

I wonder why they didn't say that "skinship may be out" instead of "skinship is out.

It would still get them a lot of clicks and they wouldn't risk being blacklisted.

More definitive titles are more apt to get more views. It would make sense for someone to click on a link that says something like: "Housing prices are at an all time low" verses "Housing prices may be at an all time low".

I guess it was done with the hopes on getting the most views? =/

I don't know.

The guy writing it is not credible at all in my eyes. How he is still with a job at Kotaku is beyond me, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Watch for if it turns out to be false for excuses like 'it was misinterpreted' and the author will likely get to keep their job because they always do.

Because they're sadistic animals.

No, because it still won't be as good. That and it's still completely possible that the person who wrote it didn't have the forethought.

It still stupid from a journalistic point of view however.

I studied journalism and law, and this is something that journalism teachers teach you not do.

I remember one teacher talking about the consequences of such actions for an entire month.

If skinship is proved to be in the game, this is going to bite them back HARD.

It still stupid from a journalistic point of view however.

I studied journalism and law, and this is something that journalism teachers teach you not do.

I remember one teacher talking about the consequences of such actions for an entire month.

If skinship is proved to be in the game, this is going to bite them back HARD.

Well that's assuming that Kotaku even has journalism standards at all. I get your surprise, but I've seen way worse fly under the noses of bosses and developers in better companies. Proving Kotaku wrong is just another incentive for having skinship (at least for me), so let's hope that's what happens.

As I've said before, we still have the fact that it's absent from the website and nobody with hands-on time has said anything about it.

Things are fishy but we have no solid answers.

Nope, still exactly the same.

not entirely true

i don't have a screen of it, but, the quote:

“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

didn't have:

[that petting isn’t in the English version]

when it was first posted.

not sure what that means but, this line was definitely added later.

This whole entire situation is sketch.

Additive: Not too miffed if it is gone. I have the JP version anyway, plus the petting kinda mucked with the tone of the game so yeah.

Edited by Auro Astum

Now, if there aren't new suspicious news and shocking articles about male chararacters being cut out from the game for not intimidate the female audience, I guess we just have to wait.

It's weird that nobody with a review copy has been able to say for sure whether it's in or not. If they're under NDA, why wouldn't Kotaku be?

Not trying to defend them, but quoting a rep is probably unrelated to any NDAs you might be under. NDAs only apply to the person who's signed it.

It's weird that nobody with a review copy has been able to say for sure whether it's in or not. If they're under NDA, why wouldn't Kotaku be?

probably because they weren't sent a review copy

I am not in favor of the skinship feature, however I'm very against it's removal. I want to play a translation of a Japanese game, not an American version of a Japanese game.

I know that this is not a new issue, brought up recently, but it has been getting worse and worse. Art should not be censored for different audiences.

A change here or there, so that we can understand the joke, or relate to the situation, sure. A complete cut, or butchering of a feature present in game? Not so much.

I'm pretty disappointed with how times have changed. Gamers used to be up in arms against censorship. Now half of us applaud it while the other half roll over and accept it as the norm.

I am not in favor of the skinship feature, however I'm very against it's removal. I want to play a translation of a Japanese game, not an American version of a Japanese game.

I know that this is not a new issue, brought up recently, but it has been getting worse and worse. Art should not be censored for different audiences.

A change here or there, so that we can understand the joke, or relate to the situation, sure. A complete cut, or butchering of a feature present in game? Not so much.

I'm pretty disappointed with how times have changed. Gamers used to be up in arms against censorship. Now half of us applaud it while the other half roll over and accept it as the norm.

Dude, the entire North American Fanbase could send a petition to Nintendo of America and do nothing. They could boycott the company and only lose their games and systems. Nintendo of America isn't going to change as long as Reggie Fils-Amie is in the pilot seat.

It's less accepting it as the norm and more realizing that we've tried time and time again, but Nintendo of America just doesn't care. Or more accurately Reggie Fils-Amie.

Wow...I've been gone from this topic for most of the day since last night and 4 pages later (after page 31) it's...this. Welp, it could be worse. :3

Anyway, I kinda thought about it for a while and I thought of something...

(Don't quote me on this first part because I'm not sure, I'm assuming because this does make sense) Nintendo and IS (Intelligent Systems) are pretty much done with the main game and the release date is near. To remove a feature, even as small as that would take a lot more time AND money than they already have. At this point and time, they should be just about done translating everything and are about to start making game cartridges, make thousands of copies, and finally shipping them out to stores all over. Not to mention, they have to do this for TWO different games! So, unless they postpone the release of the game, I doubt it's tooken out. It seems so unlikely.

The only other possibilities are:

1.)It's still there, but altered a bit.

2.)They changed it to something else (somehow)

3.)Taking it out isn't too hard to do for them (which I doubt).

4.) (This'll sound crazy, but...) they may have added something along side it or something along those lines...(...yeah, it's pretty farfetched, but its a thought)

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

We've pretty much touched on those possibilities enough already that I feel like there's not much else to talk about without having to run through these conversations again and going back to square one.

We can sit and ponder for days on end but it's gotten to the point where I feel like we're just repeating what has already been said.

All we can really do is wait.

Edited by carefreejules

We've pretty much touched on those possibilities enough already that I feel like there's not much else to talk about without having to run through these conversations again and going back to square one.

All we can really do is wait.

Oh, really? Oops... Must have missed that. Sorry. Well I feel derpy now! :3

Oh well, the waiting game continues...

...Darn it Nintendo, hurry up and give us answers!

..."sigh"...guess I'll go work on my entry for the "Serenes Scribbles" contest then( because I need to finish that pronto). I'll peek back in this topic every now and then until we get "Official" words from Nintendo! :3

Edited by Busterman64

That's already been posted. It's PR fluff; it's not really confirming or de-confirming anything.

"What possible purpose would it serve?" lol

That actually makes me believe it even less, not that I thought it was likely in the first place.

JCcFAP.jpg
What the poster said there at the front page bothered me.
Why would they not publicly announce it for both Soleli and the skinship. I just hope to god that they are going to announce the changes.