Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Jeez. Are we already at the EXTRA stage of acceptance? Conversion?!

(I'm still in the denial stage, and I'm staying there until Nintendo makes it official.)

Yeah, until Nintendo makes an official statement or the game is release, there's no way of 100% confirming if skinship is staying, changing or being cut out entirely. However, things aren't looking good. Kotaku might be terrible journalists and controversy-mongering jackasses, but I don't think that they'd go so far as to stage such an elaborate hoax since they'd lose all credibility if Nintendo shoots them down not to mention it's likely beyond their capabilities.

I'm thinking it wasn't "Nintendo confirmed to Kotaku and only Kotaku" as much as "Some NOA rep said things that he may not should have said to an inquirer".

Maybe, but this is Kotaku we're talking about. The PR guy could say that Nintendo's making changes so that skinship is more appropriate for Western Culture and they'd say that it was being cut out, because why report the facts and deliver something newsworthy when coming up with a click-bait title that exaggerates the facts for the sake of traffic is so much easier?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that message could be real, the only problem I see with it is that there is no send date on it - it could have been for something else

http://i.imgur.com/CHmn5hL.png

Well, the the send/receive date is all the way to the right on gmail so he could have just cropped the screencap so the date was cut out. It looks to be the case to me.

I'm just going to wait until Nintendo makes a official statement before anything else (as unlikely as that is at this point). Something solid would be really nice, right about now.

Then again, they probably feel like they can stay silent until the storm blows over. Admitting it's not in there is just opening themselves up to more criticism. Is it the right thing to do? Surely not, but I guess from a marketing standpoint it makes a little sense, I guess.

Edited by December Knight

now that I think about it the rep could have told him that skinshipping was in the game and Richard George could have just reconfirmed to him that the rep was telling him the truth so he could have the email conformation

no telling if Richard actually checked the article

I need to emphasize

that message could be real, the only problem I see with it is that there is no send date on it - it could have been for something else

>rejoice

maybe for close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something without being disgusted

no matter what replaces it, it won't have the same tones at all. skinshipping with people was magical and now it's gone

so speak for yourself

EDIT: also stop calling it petting that's stereotyping it and making it sound worse than it is

You're kinda describing yourself here. In basically every thread you go to, you belittle and talk down at people for not liking the same things as you. You're one of the very "close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something" you speak of. How many times have you called another game trash (GBA FE and Smash Melee come to mind)? You don't let anyone enjoy anything without belittling. Shush.

Except it IS petting. That is literally the term for stroking things like that.

This post exactly.

Also, I said what I said because from what I saw, most people in NA wouldn't want the petting. So I speak for them. Sorry to those who DID actually want it in, but you can't get everything you want you know. I had to suck it up when children were revealed for this game (because I did NOT want them in at all), so people who wanted skinship can do the same if it's out.

Another thing, how do you know that the replacement won't be good? Imo, a lot of things would be better than the petting.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just going to wait until Nintendo makes a official statement before anything else (as unlikely as that is at this point). Something solid would be really nice, right about now.

Then again, they probably feel like they can stay silent until the storm blows over. Admitting it's not in there is just opening themselves up to more criticism. Is it the right thing to do? Surely not, but I guess from a marketing standpoint it makes a little sense, I guess.

I said the very same exact thing over on another forum :P Word for word, lol.

admitting it's in there could also scare off the casual consumer, but not the dedicated fan

edit: well the commercial is out

and the comments are disabled, I'm going to accept that it's gone

Edited by Captain Karnage

The Salt continues, so I still have tears to drink

I speak as someone COMPLETELY indifferent to this mechanic, if it's there, I'll likely use it, if it isn't, I'm not going to miss it.

My apologies to those who cared for it, but honestly it's nothing to get this salty over. It takes a minute at most to do, and while it is a shame those models may not get used, it's omission affects nothing else, so calm down people

admitting it's in there could also scare off the casual consumer, but not the dedicated fan

True, but I think you'll find that most industries would rather pander to the causal consumer than the dedicated fan, as casual consumers are almost always the highest percentage of customers.

Edited by Phillius

Another thing, how do you know that the replacement won't be good? Imo, a lot of things would be better than the petting.

I agree with the replacement thing, but it's just difficult to think that NoA would go as far as to still incorporate some form of "physical" function because I was looking forward to trying that out. I don't care if it's petting, swatting, or pinching, I just wanted to try that out.

I swear to god if it's only some conversation I'll be severely pissed at the laziness. I'll forgive it if they at least use the 2D live models though.

So since the exclamation point is still there...

Card games confirmed please?

yes please

They should've just used them for supports (as was initially intended).

as interesting of an idea as that would be, I feel like it might look... kind of really awkward. I mean, it'd be kinda strange seeing those models talk to each other except without saying actual words. Just awkwardly moving around their heads. Otherwise, all it could really do is show the different facial expressions. really, I feel like supports work a lot better with just occasionally changing still images

<.<

I actually think SF is one of the more level-headed places right now lol. Which is quite impressive. Besides that, we managed to fill the 31 pages of this topic with a lot of irrelevant things.

Tbh, it is and that scares me.

Why are we lumping people who were looking forward to playing around with a silly game feature in with homophobes, pedophiles, and rapists now?

Because people want to speak for other people for some ungodly reason. The person who posted that generalizing post should really stop making gross blanket statements. Being excited for FE14 does NOT make anyone "problematic." ffs.

V9lz6bY.png

still don't trust

That man is so full of shit, his eyes are brown.

Looks like it's true then! Petting won't exist in NA and something better should be in its place! US NA folks can rejoice. ^^

Again, can we please stop speaking for other people here? That would be really nice, thank you.

serious narrators are serious jesus

American Narration is Hardcore. Nice advert though.

Sorry for bringing you what could possibly be construed as confirmation peeps for anyone who is disappointed.

Essentially, 2hot4gaijins.

I just dont trust it.

It is fishy that they'd tell only kotaku about it.

It is only logical that they wanted to avoid losing their sales which Kotaku has already done a good job of. Thanks alot Nintendo for killing many fans' hype and anticipation of it. You noticed Rey and Linkmstr aren't around. Because this topic is filled with too much shitstorm that I'm already tired of. Thank god that this has no effect on most of us. Better play with your Jap version if you want to touch them.

Probably wouldn't happen even if they had time but, it would have been interesting if they left skinships intact BUT were only accessible in Japanese audio with the inclusion of subtitles, seeing as there might be dual audio.

Because that way even if they did have budget issues for voice actors, at least they kept the original mechanic in tact.

...Probably might have raised more questions about the rating though.

I guess we still have the mysterious ! to deal with

I just dont trust it.

the comments being disabled on Nintendo's youtube channel are making me believe that GASP he migh not have been lying or he made a lucky guess

or it's just become a very contraversal topic and they don't want people talking about it

hopefuly the esrb will tell us

Edited by Captain Karnage

It is fishy that they'd tell only kotaku about it.

Ayanami, this may be the wisest thing you've ever posted. Nintendo, by now, knows about the shit storm going on regarding this. Why wouldnt they come right out and say publicly whether or not this is a thing? On top of it, why go to Kotaku and not someone who hasnt been blacklisted?

the comments being disabled on Nintendo's youtube channel are making me believe that GASP he migh not have been lying or he made a lucky guess

or it's just become a very contraversal topic and they don't want people talking about it

Your bolded point is probably the case. Youtube comments are BS and messy and they probably didnt want the shit storm there. Thing is, one official word from Nintendo will stop the shit storm in its tracks.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I said the very same exact thing over on another forum :P Word for word, lol.

Really? Oh gosh, sorry about that! I was just speaking my mind.

I really didn't mean to make seem like I was copying you or anything. Again, I'm so sorry if I made you upset.

Hey, that's a pretty cool commercial! It's just too bad I almost never see video game commercials on TV where I live...

They're really sticking hard to this "choose your side" thing despite the fact that it's basically a lie.

Don't almost all of Nintendo's videos have comments disabled?