Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

I really like how this thread has been going back and forth on weather on not skinshipping is in the game

and the ammount on evidence to prove both sides

I'm on the side that's still has an ember of hope that skinshipping in in the game and that NoA wants to wait for this shitstorm to be over

and I'm just going to wait untill an offical announcement

It also would've made the shitstorm blow over far quicker. If they'd just come out and said 'in', 'not in' or 'it's changed', people would've vented their rage/mocking of those who wanted it in and it would've just been over with. But only Kotaku reporting on it and the lack of other information aside from some e-mails from Woolslayer that have blurred out send dates has prolonged the tension to the point where the backlash from either side is going to be far worse no matter what they say.

it seems like over the past few years Nintendo tries to avoid contravarsy
anyways they're too late to make an announcement, if they were to make an announcement now there would be another shitstorm on twitter that somebody would have to deal with
Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never said it was a single entity tho, all they ever said was that the choice was very important to the story. Sure, they were very vague in the US directs, but they never actually lied.

The direct that I'm referring to even has subtitling referring to it as "game" not "games." So... yes - they fully presented it as a single game while they already knew that it would be split. At the bare minimum that is a lie of omission if not commission.

You guys just keep grasping for straws, trying to prove or disprove skinship being out. Just be patient and wait for Nintendo to say something. Worst case scenario, we wait 21 days til release day. Boo hoo. Nobody is proving anything here.

"Stop discussing things on a discussion board." :rolleyes:

Edited by ckc22

The direct that I'm referring to even has subtitling referring to it as "game" not "games." So... yes - they fully presented it as a single game while they already knew that it would be split. At the bare minimum that is a lie of omission if not commission.

I know exactly what direct your referring too, heck I have the thing saved on my PC, and they are SO vague that I honestly thought the US version would be handled the same way as the Japanese version after watching it/reading about the Japanese version on this site, so no, they never lied, they were just vague.

Edited by MCProductions

I know exactly what direct your referring too, heck I have the thing saved on my PC, and they are SO vague that I honestly thought the US version would be handled the same way as the Japanese version after watching it/reading about the Japanese version on this site, so no, they never lied, they were just vague.

Which is a lie of omission at best. You can keep repeating the same thing while ignoring the point if you'd like.

Which is a lie of omission at best. You can keep repeating the same thing while ignoring the point if you'd like.

I doubt they knew how the US versions would be handled at that stage, heck we didn't even have official names for anything yet. Hence the vagueness, still not a lie.

Edited by MCProductions

Nintendo haven't said skinshipping is removed, and they haven't said it's not removed. Since it has to be one or the other, they are lying by omission!

But ckc can you take your schtick to the relevant thread?

I feel like you are just repeating the same arguments you made prior to its Japanese release, which culminated in, IIRC, you saying you wouldn't beat that dead horse anymore. Nintendo never lied. They may not have come right out and said it was two split games, but they eventually did. Unless there was a simultaneous, worldwide release, there's nothing to be angry about there imo. You've had ample time to come to terms with whether you want to be involved with this game, so knock it off.

Besides, Nintendo pretty much explicitly lied about a few other things about this game, like the "blood" siblings or the "good" story lmao.

You guys just keep grasping for straws, trying to prove or disprove skinship being out. Just be patient and wait for Nintendo to say something. Worst case scenario, we wait 21 days til release day. Boo hoo. Nobody is proving anything here.

I really like how this thread has been going back and forth on weather on not skinshipping is in the game

and the ammount on evidence to prove both sides

I'm on the side that's still has an ember of hope that skinshipping in in the game and that NoA wants to wait for this shitstorm to be over

and I'm just going to wait untill an offical announcement

it seems like over the past few years Nintendo tries to avoid contravarsy
anyways they're too late to make an announcement, if they were to make an announcement now there would be another shitstorm on twitter that somebody would have to deal with

It's out. Ok.

Get over it.

*giggle*

I'm gonna buy it. Love that commercial. But...they would not announce something that would kill their sales. So...no announcement about it.

Nintendo never actually lied tho, considering all they EVER said was that your choice made a huge impact on the storyline. They never specified in ANY advert WHEN you made the choice until they revealed the 2 versions.

They never admitted it was two different versions until it was convenient. They said, "You get a choice, you get choices! Choices Choices Choices! You'll be able to pick your path!" They never once said, "Your path is locked in until you buy the other version!" until they smelled their money.

They lied. A lie by omission is STILL a lie and leading on your fanbase to think that it's one game, makes it a lie of omission. Because of all the crap that's happened recently and their Special edition fiasco. I'm not getting this game and I'd sell it if someone got it for me as a gift, cause I can use that money a lot more than I can use the game.

I doubt they knew how the US versions would be handled at that stage, heck we didn't even have official names for anything yet. Hence the vagueness, still not a lie.

I disagree.

I feel like you are just repeating the same arguments you made prior to its Japanese release, which culminated in, IIRC, you saying you wouldn't beat that dead horse anymore. Nintendo never lied. They may not have come right out and said it was two split games, but they eventually did. Unless there was a simultaneous, worldwide release, there's nothing to be angry about there imo. You've had ample time to come to terms with whether you want to be involved with this game, so knock it off.

Besides, Nintendo pretty much explicitly lied about a few other things about this game, like the "blood" siblings or the "good" story lmao.

Don't tell me to knock it off because my opinion doesn't line up with yours. Nintendo never lied in your opinion - I again disagree and think that the facts are obvious. Nothing has changed about my opinion of the game every detail that comes out only confirms what has been evident since that direct. You knock it off.

Edited by ckc22

They never admitted it was two different versions until it was convenient. They said, "You get a choice, you get choices! Choices Choices Choices! You'll be able to pick your path!" They never once said, "Your path is locked in until you buy the other version!" until they smelled their money.

Even if this was the situation there, I highly doubt that with this little time till release they'd change skinship or not in any way they weren't already planned to.

They lied. A lie by omission is STILL a lie and leading on your fanbase to think that it's one game, makes it a lie of omission. Because of all the crap that's happened recently and their Special edition fiasco. I'm not getting this game and I'd sell it if someone got it for me as a gift, cause I can use that money a lot more than I can use the game.

Then why are you on this board?

even if they don't tell us prerelease we'll find out if it's in via ESRB

they will most definitely make a note about using the lower touch screen to rub a characters face

and one for the lolz, you're not rubbing another characters face, they have an itch you're scratching it for them!!

Then why are you on this board?

<sarcasm>Haven't heard that question before.</sarcasm>

The fact that I was interested in the game is reason 1. The fact that I will inevitably be able to watch it on youtube, all three paths is reason 2. The fact that I enjoy Fire Emblem still is reason 3.

We live in the age of the internet, I don't have to buy the game to experience the game. I can see it on youtube, watch a friend play it. Watch a playthrough on twitch. You know, any number of things.

I'm not bothered by the two games thing like most people. I mean, I always buy both Pokemon titles to have one to keep all my stuff in and another to replay. Fates is completely unique. I'd say it's a good deal conparatively

Dear lord... between those still in denial about skinship being out/edited and those quarreling with each other about why waifu and husbando petting is good or bad in the first place, I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm a Fire Emblem fan.

Eh, I think discussion has gotten better lately, it just seems that anything can ignite a flamewar, so as long as people thread carefully, there shouldn't be a reason for this topic to not continue.

Anacybele's "rejoice" comment has been the only real bad one, but other than that, I feel this thread has been polite enough, at the very least.

I'm not bothered by the two games thing like most people. I mean, I always buy both Pokemon titles to have one to keep all my stuff in and another to replay. Fates is completely unique. I'd say it's a good deal conparatively

It's not about whether it's a good idea or value or not, it's about how information is represented and released.

Yeah, but not all of us have a stellar internet collection and our entire 3DS collection is digital. Also the two games thing wouldn't have been an issue if Nintendo were all like, "Yo, this title is two separate versions, you know, like Pokemon. However, unlike Pokemon, this game has a totally different story after this point." from the beginning.

Can we all just calm down? Discussion is all well and good, but there's no need to get hostile.

Look at your avatar, and tell me that with a straight face.

EDIT: Just so no one nails me on this for an off topic post, I was trying to multiquote, and by the time I realized I had failed to, my whole point was stolen by other. But there was a point, originally.

Edited by AsherCrane

If it's true, that's disappointing. I want what's in the Japanese version to be in the English version, content samesies across the board for all versions. Even if the content is controversial *sigh*. If they cut it out entirely, I'm curious to see how it'll affect the sales.

As for experiencing the game by watching it on youtube, I understand that that's one way to enjoy Fire Emblem. I watched Awakening and Sacred Stones playthroughs before I actually bought it myself haha. But I just felt like I couldn't be entirely immersed watching someone else play it. I would've made different tactical choices, would've experimented with different characters and combinations...so I bought the game. I felt like I wasn't getting the full experience otherwise. But perhaps that's just me.