Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Looks like it's true then! Petting won't exist in NA and something better should be in its place! US NA folks can rejoice. ^^

Myself, and I imagine, many others, would appreciate it if you didn't word your statement so broadly that you seem to speak for EVERYONE in North America, thank you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, that's incredibly irritating. It's not even the skinship I care about but I feel like a complete child because some idiot thinks I can't handle face-touching.

Was really looking forward to skinshipping with Silas especially. He remembered Corrin after all those years. couldn't we have had him and Azura as same-sex options Edited by Ms. Andrews

Not really. It could be a false email/hoax, it could be misinformation on their part (though I don't think they would be so lax to confirm it) or they could just be lying, which I would hope not.

It's a lot more to go on based on the link to Nintendo's PR firm contract with Golin than just "Kotaku said", though.

At this point, the odds of intentional lying is slim. There would be no benefit lying at this point, as no revenue would come from it. Now, there could be a miscommunication in the PR department, but I don't think that's likely.

It's safe to say at this point that skinship is gone.

My temporary name and profile pic has become more relevant. Let the shitstorm continue.

Edited by Hunter Saltblood

I hope it is replaced with something that still puts those 2d models to use. Those were worked hard on. They are FUCKING BEAUTIFUL pieces of art. I'm wishing for at least better mini game in my room is created for us all (but we still can download the skinship on our desktops).

Edited by Jin

I hope it is replaced with something that still puts those 2d models to use. Those were worked hard on. They are FUCKING BEAUTIFUL pieces of art. I'm wishing for at least better mini game in my room is created for us all (but we still can download the skinship on our desktops).

They should've just used them for supports (as was initially intended).

Looks like it's true then! Petting won't exist in NA and something better should be in its place! US NA folks can rejoice. ^^

I understand that you don't like that, and I respect that, I really do.

That doesn't mean you should rejoice at something some people wanted.

Let's just say Skinship was confirmed to be in the game, you wouldn't like that, right?

Would you want people rejoicing at your misery?

Edited by Water Mage

maybe for close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something without being disgusted

You're kinda describing yourself here. In basically every thread you go to, you belittle and talk down at people for not liking the same things as you. You're one of the very "close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something" you speak of. How many times have you called another game trash (GBA FE and Smash Melee come to mind)? You don't let anyone enjoy anything without belittling. Shush.

EDIT: also stop calling it petting that's stereotyping it and making it sound worse than it is

Except it IS petting. That is literally the term for stroking things like that.

The evidence is looking pretty conclusive, but there's still no word on what will happen with the My Room building or if something will replace it. Besides, even if this PR guys is right about skinship being removed or changed, I still think it's odd that Nintendo would confirm this to only Kotaku instead of making an official statement on the matter. I'm still waiting for Nintendo to say something, but it looks like Kotaku was right.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm go going to drink a pint of bleach for uttering that combination of words.

Huh? That conversation doesn't seem to say anything about confirming the removal of skinship--it's just confirming the lack of confirmation about the removal of skinship, which is to say, we still don't know?

It's talking about the representative of Nintendo that told Grayson:

“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

Or at least, I would think so. People supposedly can't speak clearly.

Huh? That conversation doesn't seem to say anything about confirming the removal of skinship--it's just confirming the lack of confirmation about the removal of skinship, which is to say, we still don't know?

I assume the "statement Nintendo provided you" is referring to the one they issued to the author of the kotaku article, his source, given that the email from the PR firm was sent to him. If it's real it's pretty much confirmed.

Oh right that one, I was just looking at that other Twitter conversation.

(one thought I had is, if you want to be kind of cynical, this could be interpreted as a way to get non-Japanese players to also import FEif, basically doubling profits from those crazy fans who would likely be among those who bought/will buy the full set of routes and DLC, too)

Edited by 47948201

I'm pretty disappointed. I wasn't super into the feature, but it sucks that content was lost. Was a right mess of a shitstorm and accomplished exactly what it was intended to do. Views and clicks.

Hopefully we get a replacement of some kind but regardless it isn't enough to get me to not support the game/franchise.

(I also really wanted Kotaku to be wrong because Kotaku)

I assume the "statement Nintendo provided you" is referring to the one they issued to the author of the kotaku article, his source, given that the email from the PR firm was sent to him. If it's real it's pretty much confirmed.

Do we even know if it is real? In situations like this, fakers aren't uncommon, in fact they can be pretty common.

Do we even know if it is real? In situations like this, fakers aren't uncommon, in fact they can be pretty common.

At this point I'm not sure even kotaku would dig themselves in an even deeper whole by faking correspondence, but that's neither here nor there. All we can do is wait - for news, embargo lifts, or release.

Actually the 2D models make me really uncomfortable.

Like look at this.

YXaZHB8.png

Jeez. Are we already at the EXTRA stage of acceptance? Conversion?!

(I'm still in the denial stage, and I'm staying there until Nintendo makes it official.)

The evidence is looking pretty conclusive, but there's still no word on what will happen with the My Room building or if something will replace it. Besides, even if this PR guys is right about skinship being removed or changed, I still think it's odd that Nintendo would confirm this to only Kotaku instead of making an official statement on the matter. I'm still waiting for Nintendo to say something, but it looks like Kotaku was right.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm go going to drink a pint of bleach for uttering that combination of words.

I'm thinking it wasn't "Nintendo confirmed to Kotaku and only Kotaku" as much as "Some NOA rep said things that he maybe shouldn't have said to an inquirer".

Edited by The DanMan

At this point I'm not sure even kotaku would dig themselves in an even deeper whole by faking correspondence, but that's neither here nor there. All we can do is wait - for news, embargo lifts, or release.

This is Kotaku.

There's no such thing as "to low" for them.

And like DanMan said, isn't it weird that Nintendo only told Kotaku?

Edited by Water Mage

I'm in pretty heavy denial right now

Except it IS petting. That is literally the term for stroking things like that.

that's why we called it skinship

It still buggs me that Nintendo would only talk to Kotaku about that

that message could be real, the only problem I see with it is that there is no send date on it - it could have been for something else

http://i.imgur.com/CHmn5hL.png

Edited by Captain Karnage

This is Kotaku.

There's no such thing as "to low" for them.

Flat-out faking emails? Yes, they've posted stupid/highly questionable stuff before, but would anybody who calls themselves a journalist go that low?

Flat-out faking emails? Yes, they've posted stupid/highly questionable stuff before, but would anybody who calls themselves a journalist go that low?

Maybe not Kotaku as a whole, but maybe one single stupid journalist?

When people are trying to save face and call attention, they usually don't have a sense of forethough.