Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

here, let me help sum it up

imagine people complaining, people rejoicing, people saying kotaku is bad, people posting articles that cite the kotaku article, people saying that those articles are wrong, people pointing out the trailer that had a ! mark in it, and people discussing whether or not it should be replaced by a card game (which it totally should be!)

probably a few other things but those are the important ones

No representation of the indifferent camp, how sad :P:

So basically "we introduced a major change" and the inevitable reaction to said change? Thanks for the summary, though~!

I'll assume that everyone who broke the rules has already been warned, because this thread's gonna be bigger tomorrow. ;/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing (in this case) is that usually when there's a mass citation of a single article from multiple news outlets, it turns out to be true in the end. I can only hope for that day where everyone is like, "IT'S A PRANK, BRO! IT'S A PRANK!" Then, we can go on with our lives continuing to avoid Kotaku like the plague it is.

I'm done with this pandering to homophobia/non-consensual relationships/date-rape/pedophilia/bestiality/general creepiness and honestly it's hard for me to sympathize with people who are looking forward to those elements of the game

Imma stop while I'm ahead and play some FE4 :Sety:

I'm done with this pandering to homophobia/non-consensual relationships/date-rape/pedophilia/bestiality/general creepiness and honestly it's hard for me to sympathize with people who are looking forward to those elements of the game

Imma stop while I'm ahead and play some FE4 :Sety:

. . .can you honestly say that about every single person here who isn't happy about the supposed removal? Because even if it wasn't my thing on a comfort level, it doesn't mean that those who liked it were that which you described.

. . .can you honestly say that about every single person here who isn't happy about the supposed removal? Because even if it wasn't my thing on a comfort level, it doesn't mean that those who liked it were that which you described.

I think he means he's done with people who want things removed, people who are mad that things were removed, just about everyone who expected anything from the game past what a classical FE game has been.

No i can't say that about everyone, but i think people should recognize that a lot of these things are problematic.

I think he means he's done with people who want things removed, people who are mad that things were removed, just about everyone who expected anything from the game past what a classical FE game has been.

So, people who get mad at change. . .or lack thereof. I can sort-of agree with that, but I can't agree with throwing a bunch of labels around.

No i can't say that about everyone, but i think people should recognize that a lot of these things are problematic.

You've got my respect for answering honestly.

I won't make too many assumptions for why it was removed (if it was in the first place). Perhaps someone threatened a lawsuit somewhere, or maybe the people who beta-tested this game felt it was inappropriate, or perhaps the ESRB cracked down on them. Bigger problem, IMO, is the people who think they were the motivating force behind it. Makes my job all the less pleasant, because I dislike dealing with serial complainers.

Or maybe Kotaku is blowing smoke. I'll reserve judgment until I play the game.

EDIT: And use the Edit button instead of double-posting. I'll let this one go, but please don't do it in the future!

Edited by eclipse

It's definitely not a matter of people not liking change. But I honestly can't justify petting people's faces or wooing people by drugging them...let alone in a fire emblem game. How is that not creepy?

I'm not saying everyone is like that! But it is clearly pandering to that kind of demographic

Edit: whooops, sorry about that

MODEDIT: c'mon eclipse at least merge them

Edited by Integrity

It's definitely not a matter of people not liking change. But I honestly can't justify petting people's faces or wooing people by drugging them...let alone in a fire emblem game. How is that not creepy?

Because it's not creepy in the country wherein it was made, and people here don't want to be stripped of the ability to experience everything they got. It's a matter of being able to have the choice for me, not the choice itself.

Also, in the right corner of your post, there's an edit to the left of the multiquote button. Might be hard to see on some interfaces. Please use that instead of double posting. If you want to make sure people see it, just write "Edit" in front of it, and bold it.

Edited by AsherCrane

I thought we beat the Soliel thing to death already? Either way, wrong topic. As for the face-touching, apparently some people bond like that, but I don't.

I thought we beat the Soliel thing to death already? Either way, wrong topic. As for the face-touching, apparently some people bond like that, but I don't.

The Soleil thing I don't really mind, because it's not like there's an option there. It was either they have the support be that or they don't. A few of my friends found it downright amusing, but I'm not going to fight it's removal for the sake of not angering others. But if it's something you don't even need to do, then the choice is nice to have.

For example, I don't drink alcohol often enough to get drunk off it. Really I drink it hardly at all, so not much would change if it were inaccessible to me. However, that doesn't mean I'd be terribly happy to have the us go all prohibition again, because then they're completely removing my ability to do it as a hole, and not having the choice changes the whole deal.

No problem, Nocturne, it's just a good thing you know now.

Oh god, Ana quoted me... Please don't do that again.

You do know that skinship makes up something like 4/5ths of the voice acting in the game, right? So what about the characters that can only support Kamui? Their skinship lines are actually like, 30% of all the things they ever say. Plus where you put these character bits? And no, don't say supports or anything like, that would be lazy.

Look, I really don't want to fight about this. I was just putting my thoughts on this and nothing is going to change our minds on this no matter what we say to each other.

Anyway, I wish Nintendo would just put out a video or something showing if this was cut or not and have this end already.

They would have by now.
It is more than certain that it is removed.

I've read comments about this on other sites, and I got to say; this forum is the only one to seriously entertain the possibility that the feature is still in. The others mostly took it at face value pretty quickly.

I think it's because there are genuine Fire Emblem fans here, I may not have much of a history with the series, but I can't help but be bothered how much the negatives get talked about. I mean, some people treat Awakenings success as this thing that didn't deserve to happen and all I hear about it is "dating sims" (which to those who actually plays or seen dating sim games should know how wrong the statement is). So it's hard to talk about Fire Emblem without stuff like this coming up.

I thought this feature was hilarious. I wasn't really going to use it much, but I don't exactly get how something optional can effect a person so much. I mean, it was just a menu option right? It's a little hard for me to get my thoughts across, but when I comments like "good it was creepy" or "now I can actually play the game" I can't help but feel sorry for the developers. They just wanted to make something fun right? I'm still buying this game, but if it's out, I will be disappointed that NoA didn't feel confident enough in this game to withstand the complaints. Although maybe this is a testament to how enough fan reaction to something optional perceived as creepy by people can change a game huh?

But still...they are breaking their clerk vow of the customer is always right.

If anyone was wondering why people are only now coming out of the woodwork to defend the skinshipping, this, this is why. Nobody wanted to be accused of all these utterly baseless things just to defend a harmless game feature that, at the time, didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Edited by capmalachi

Just already announced a decisive proof that Kotaku lied.

Front site tells of a Nintendo employee that they don't know whether it is cut or not. So...we stop overreacting until we hear from them again. Not that I care for this feature anyway.

Edited by PuffPuff

No representation of the indifferent camp, how sad :P:

So basically "we introduced a major change" and the inevitable reaction to said change? Thanks for the summary, though~!

I'll assume that everyone who broke the rules has already been warned, because this thread's gonna be bigger tomorrow. ;/

Integrity seemed to be losing it in the chat a day or two ago, if that's a sign of anything.

Just already announced a decisive proof that Kotaku lied.

Front site tells of a Nintendo employee that they don't know whether it is cut or not. So...we stop overreacting until we hear from them again. Not that I care for this feature anyway.

That's already been posted. It's PR fluff; it's not really confirming or de-confirming anything.