Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Do you happen to have NoA's customer service email address on hand? My google-fu is quite weak it seems and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

nintendo@noa.nintendo.com

I've emailed them about stuff before so I just went and found the old email that contains their email address.

EDIT: Now that I look over the email, the font that they used for their response for my email is different from the one of them saying they haven't announced anything about skinships and they didn't say my name after the 'Hello'. Hm, probably over thinking it.

Edited by carefreejules

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to defend them, but quoting a rep is probably unrelated to any NDAs you might be under. NDAs only apply to the person who's signed it.

yeah but the article was published on Kotaku's website

if Nintendo gave Kotaku a review copy they would still be under an NDA

I'm under the assumption that nobody from Kotaku was at the event, they got salty, and they wanted to drumb up some controversy

if anybody would have reported it Gamexplan would have been the first to do so

Edited by Captain Karnage

Or it could just be an NOA representative said something that they shouldn't have said and Kotaku misinterpreted it.

For example, Chris Niosi mentioned in a Gamexplain discussion mentioned that an employee at the Nintendo World Store told him that there would be Smash Run bosses, like Petey Pirahna and Kraid.

Needless to say, they weren't in the final game.

So did the employee pull stuff out of his ass? Or was he saying something about an earlier build and just wasn't up to date?

You know what I just realized? If Skinship isn't removed, then all those people who said they were going to cancel their SE preorder because of it, will probably regret cancelling their pre-orders.

And they most likely won't be able to get them back considering how difficult it is to get your hands on one now.

Edited by carefreejules

You know what I just realized? If Skinship isn't removed, then all those people who said they were going to cancel their SE preorder because of it, will probably regret cancelling their pre-orders.

And they most likely won't be able to get them back considering how difficult it is to get your hands on one now.

I highly doubt they actually canceled their preorders. I'm almost certain they only said that from being salty, then never acted on it.

Or it could just be an NOA representative said something that they shouldn't have said and Kotaku misinterpreted it.

For example, Chris Niosi mentioned in a Gamexplain discussion mentioned that an employee at the Nintendo World Store told him that there would be Smash Run bosses, like Petey Pirahna and Kraid.

Needless to say, they weren't in the final game.

So did the employee pull stuff out of his ass? Or was he saying something about an earlier build and just wasn't up to date?

Too many questions and not enough answers. Seriously I feel as though it would be more in Nintendo's favor to just announce what they're doing with it already. We need a hero! Now who's it gonna be?

Edited by Kyza

yeah I doubt anyone actually did, especially considering how high the eBay prices have gotten

yeah I doubt anyone actually did, especially considering how high the eBay prices have gotten

Ugh I don't like people who just buys things just to sell it for ridiculous prices.

Those SE could have gone towards people who actually WANTED it and missed their chance.

//hisses

So Nathan, I banged Zoe Quinn and caused GamerGate, tried emailing someone to try and substantiate his claim... Except that he emailed an Ex-IGN employee Richard George, Yes its the same Richard from IGN, but he doesn't work for Nintendo. He works for Golin, a PR firm that has a contract with Nintendo. In other words, Richard knows dick.

So Nathan, I banged Zoe Quinn and caused GamerGate, tried emailing someone to try and substantiate his claim... Except that he emailed an Ex-IGN employee Richard George, Yes its the same Richard from IGN, but he doesn't work for Nintendo. He works for Golin, a PR firm that has a contract with Nintendo. In other words, Richard knows dick.

Umm... do you have a link that show that this happened?

CHmn5hL.png

That's what he says, I don't know how much Richard George knows.

I swear, I read that as 'Goblin for Nintendo' whoops.

Wait, what does Golin for Nintendo mean? Is that just a name? Or is it a title?

EDIT: Whoops! Nevermind, I read your previous posts.

Edited by carefreejules

Looks like it's true then! Petting won't exist in NA and something better should be in its place! US NA folks can rejoice. ^^

>rejoice

maybe for close minded people who can't let someone else enjoy something without being disgusted

no matter what replaces it, it won't have the same tones at all. skinshipping with people was magical and now it's gone

so speak for yourself

EDIT: also stop calling it petting that's stereotyping it and making it sound worse than it is

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Looks like it's true then! Petting won't exist in NA and something better should be in its place! US NA folks can rejoice. ^^

Some people were still looking forward to it so I wouldn't really call it I win for everyone.

Full conversation here or here

I wouldn't celebrate anything replacing skinship just yet. All we know now is that skinship is gone.

Also, not everyone will be rejoicing.

So, can this be treated as solid info?

Really, I'm just tired of no real news on the subject.

Not really. It could be a false email/hoax, it could be misinformation on their part (though I don't think they would be so lax to confirm it) or they could just be lying, which I would hope not.

It's a lot more to go on based on the link to Nintendo's PR firm contract with Golin than just "Kotaku said", though.

You would think that Nintendo would release a statement or contact Kotaku if it was not true, though. I hardly think they want their games to be misrepresented, and it's that sort of behaviour that has given Kotaku blacklists from companies in the past.

Edited by Tryhard