Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

Uh, just because someone says "I want this taken out" doesn't mean they're making fun of other people who wanted that something in. Sure, I poked fun at the people that signed that petition a little while ago, but I wasn't doing it to them directly and I could've said far worse things. Also, maybe we're afraid that anti-censorship people will make fun of us too. I've always kind of felt like that.

That's not what I meant nor was I referring to you specifically. I'm talking about the people who are saying things like "lmao you can't touch your waifus anymore hahahaha" and other rude comments like that that I've seen all over the internet.

If people want things taken out, that's completely fine because they have their own reasons for feeling that way, but I wasn't referring to those groups of people.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I meant nor was I referring to you specifically. I'm talking about the people who are saying things like "lmao you can't touch your waifus anymore hahahaha" and other rude comments like that that I've seen all over the internet.

If people want things taken out, that's completely fine because they have their own reasons for feeling that way, but I wasn't referring to those groups of people.

Oh, then it looks like I misunderstood your post, my bad.

Caeldori is dumb because it's not even a real name. As I said, they should have gone with Cloreida since that is an actual name in Spanish.

Speaking of, Reina is also used as an actual name in Spanish, so it's much of a big deal.

No, but of course I'm sounding like a snot, I just felt like making fun of the people who signed that silly petition. :P

Don't do this. Don't be THAT person.

Personally, I don't get any satisfaction out of people's disappointment, but I think it's fair for me to be relieved since I really don't think skinship has any place in the franchise.

Think about how many people would turn back on it if that rumour about the European version was cutting the same-sex marriage from the game was true, and (say) it was also for the NA release. How many would call the skinship being removed as "localization" and how many would call the removal of same-sex marriage in the game unacceptable? How would I sound if I said I really don't think same-sex marriage had a place in the franchise and that I'm relieved that it was taken out?

Censorship is okay when it doesn't affect something that you like. People actually think this. That actually irritates me. Otherwise, I have more an issue with the principle rather than the content itself. Though frankly, I find signing a petition pointless.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't even want to talk about Caeldori ;_;

this is the only name change that i find actually terrible

just why

i would've been okay if they just ditched the anagram thing altogether for the english version but they had to have it

and that caused caeldori

is there any possible origin or reference in this name at all

Edited by maybe

Think about how many people would turn back on it if that rumour about the European version was cutting the same-sex marriage from the game was true, and (say) it was also for the NA release. How many would call the skinship being removed as "localization" and how many would call the removal of same-sex marriage in the game unacceptable? How would I sound if I said I really don't think same-sex marriage had a place in the franchise and that I'm relieved that it was taken out?

Censorship is okay when it doesn't affect something that you like. People actually think this. That actually irritates me. Otherwise, I have more an issue with the principle rather than the content itself. Though frankly, I find signing a petition pointless.

Preach it, brother mang. *waves hands back and forth*

Caeldori? Im saying it "Kayl-dori"

but still calling her Matoi

Uh, even though I'm one of the people who's in favor of skinship being cut, you're making yourself sound like a compete snot. Are you trying to start a fight?

Also, I'm having a REALLY hard time keeping up with this thread or what's even being cut. Has a source independent of kotaku actually confirmed that it's out yet or are we still up in a tizzy over something we don't even know whether to believe yet?

A single IGN moderator said so in a discussion on their forums. They didn't show it in their preview (though an exclamation mark over My Room was shown), and the official website (which has updated) didn't mention it all under My Castle.

The names are silly but it's not bad, but I could understand Soleil's conversation from the start and I'm still shocked that a random person somehow can better translate a game than what, 30-40 year olds that studied the language closely. It just goes to show that a localization team needs one or two people that have actually lived in both areas. What they did was just embarrassing and I'm severely embarrassed that Nintendo of America didn't hold their ground.

As for skinship, I watched the videos of it. To be completely honest I was red in the face within about half a minute and I almost screamed at one point because I was pretty sure one of the characters wanted to show me something that I DIDN'T want to see. And the models were......something.

As long as the vestiges of it are left I'll be ok. Kotaku's already ass and if this is true it'll just be some slight minor edits.

Edited by PopteenPrincess

I believe it's Kayl/Cale - Dori like others have said.

NoA probably should've just made the game rated M and saved themselves the trouble to be honest.

I'm not really familiar with the process, but I'm pretty sure they would have no control over that because the ESRB rate it independently. Even if they kept it in, I'm not sure it warrants a M rating over here. Edited by Tryhard

I'm not even sure how her name is pronounced. Cale-dori? Cali-dori?

Calamari.

Okay it probably isn't, but it makes me think of calamari and I feel like eating calamari. And I don't even like calamari.

Caeldori? Im saying it "Kayl-dori"

but still calling her Matoi

Yeah, that's I was thinking too. So on top of it being weird as hell, it also sounds like a guys' name instead of a girl. Ugh, if there was a list of worst localizations of all time, this game would at least earn a Top 100 spot.

NoA probably should've just made the game rated M and saved themselves the trouble to be honest.

I fail to see how skinship would effect the rating.

It's just... weird and demeaning to characters.

Also, there was never any way in hell Fates had any sort of actual chance at being rated M: BlazBlue and Project X Zone are both rated T, and are far worse than it.

A single IGN moderator said so in a discussion on their forums. They didn't show it in their preview (though an exclamation mark over My Room was shown), and the official website (which has updated) didn't mention it all under My Castle.

Okay, I see, I guess that's a bit more backing than kotaku. I wonder what the exclamation mark over My Room is for then, if the skinship really is cut. I wonder if they put in something similar to PoR/RD base conversations. That would actually be cool, and let them keep some of the characterization bits from skinship.

Calamari.

Okay it probably isn't, but it makes me think of calamari and I feel like eating calamari. And I don't even like calamari.

I'm calling her Calamari from now on, because it's less stupid, and I can see Selena giving birth to her, realizing she basically just gave birth to her own mother, and go "Fuck this" and name her that out of shock and petty spite. That or her just misprounicng it like that on purpose. Nothing's too petty for a tsundere.

So it's just people getting all up in a tizzy over content that may or may not be cut, all citing a source that no one wants to believe. Great. That's just beautiful.

The funny part is that if skinship really IS cut, people probably will be out of energy to rage because they vented all their rage already.

I think I'm almost there already. I'm not mad about skinship (possibly) being tooken out, but I've upset for other reasons. And honestly,at this point, I'm just hoping the next Fire Emblem game after Fates(whenever that is) won't have so much controversy! Heck, I wondering if Fates has more controversy than SMT X FE (like it or dislike it...it kinda seems that way)!

Quite user on Gamefaqs emailed Nintendo about it and received this. Does it mean anything to you?

http://i.imgur.com/NjADWpX.png

It seems even their employees are being kept secret about it. Only time is going to tell, or if we get an announcement about it at Treehouse.

As if this is going to help.

They are already finished with the product testing. Only hope is if they actually left it in, or if they've replaced it with a Gallery or something. Sure this helps younger audiences, but it won't benefit us older folks unless we get the cipher card game or something. D:

At this point, all a petition would do if Nintendo actually followed it would be to delay the game even longer. =\ They've likely already finished all matters of localization and bug-testing, given how close the release date is.

So...they need to have time to replace it with the card game as we don't want a half assed one.

tbh when I hear reina I think of final fantasy V

which makes me okay with it

Makes two of us. :)

T+15 would do.

-----

Jesus Christ.

29 pgs in under two days. This is getting serious.