Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there another Nintendo direct scheduled before Fates releases? They might be waiting until then to say something and show off Bors Flip

That would be amazing, because it would mean we'd be getting FE6 by virtue of starring a totally random person from that game.

Shame it won't happen.

Now I'll be disappointed in any outcome that doesn't end with an official localization of FE6

One of my favorites: "The worst Pokemon generation is getting remade; here's what's new".

More than a few comments said exactly what was on my mind: "What? Didn't know they were skipping to generation 4."

Ouch! That...that hurt man! :(

I prefer (and love) Gen 4 to Gen 3, and I know Gen 4 was a bit slower pace wise, but still...ow...

No Gen is the worst in my opinion, just...not as good compared to others (Heck, I kinda like Gen 4 over Gen 6, that's because Gen 4 had some hard fights at times and didn't feel like they were pushovers most of the times and some cool extra stuff too. That's me though. :3 ).

True, but I do sincerely doubt Grayson is actually lying. I know Kotaku has an awful rep, but it would be insane for a journalist to perpetuate this so much by providing as much detail as he has just to satisfy some ransoms on Twitter if it were all a blatant lie.

If what he says turns out to be wrong, I'd wager that is was due to a miscommunication rather than Grayson intentionally reporting a lie.

life lesson- never underestimate anyone

Even though I agree gen 3 is the worst gen and think gen 4 is the best, that's rather mean spirited right there...

my feelings are the exact opposite, I think gen 3 is the best and gen 4 is the worst- and this is very off topic

I prefer (and love) Gen 4 to Gen 3, and I know Gen 4 was a bit slower pace wise, but still...ow...

No Gen is the worst in my opinion, just...not as good compared to others (Heck, I kinda like Gen 4 over Gen 6, that's because Gen 4 had some hard fights at times and didn't feel like they were pushovers most of the times and some cool extra stuff too. That's me though. :3 ).

I know, right? I don't get why people hate gen 4 in Pokemon. Sure, the gameplay in Diamond and Pearl was slow and there was a lack of Fire types, but Platinum fixed those issues!

But yeah, this is off topic.

So anyway... I AM curious now about how people will react to Kotaku if it turns out skinship is still in.

Sigh, got a response back from Nintendo when I sent a question regarding the removal of skinship.

Hello,

"Thank you for contacting us with your question. At this time Nintendo of America has made no announcements nor do we have any details regarding any specific gameplay feature's inclusion or removal from Fire Emblem: Fates. While I'm happy to pass your comments along to the proper department for reviewal, we won't have any solid information for you at this time. If we do make any announcements, you'll find all the details on our official website (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew).

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Reese Nicholson"

Unfortunately, it doesn't really say anything, and the last name isn't as badass as that Woolslayer guy. I don't have a screenshot because my phone is old and stupid, so sorry. But I thought I might as well post this here.

That might be the most honest piece of information that we heard ever since this mess began.

And Ana, if skinship is still in, then Kotaku will be blacklisted by a lot people and Nintendo.

Edited by Water Mage

What I meant was that they were baiting clicks by saying "Worst Pokemon Generation" when it's the 2nd best for me IMO (I go 4th->6th->3rd->5th). When you're journalist, you shouldn't state opinions as objective fact unless it's specifically an opinion.

Really? Oh wow, then Kotaku might've just dug themselves a deep hole. lol

You know what's even funnier? They already have been blacklisted once.

If they are lying this time, then they really have no sense of forethought.

Honestly, they should have kept quiet about this, since they have no way realiable source to confirm it.

You know what's even funnier? They already have been blacklisted once.

If they are lying this time, then they really have no sense of forethought.

More than once, Bethesda and Ubisoft at the very least. Edited by Tryhard

Gen V was best and this is totally off topic!

Tbh I really wished it was kept quiet, if there's no other source than a random press conference rep said rep probably said something he wasn't supposed to and Nintendo's wish to keep quiet on it is something worth respecting. It's weird that it was never (tmk) mentioned who was spoken to and had this information. Reeks of oddity. Or maybe he just doesn't wanna throw the guy under the bus, or something.

Either that, or it was a lucky guess, since NoA has yet to mention it. If it was fake, I'd hush up the controversy and flat out state it, since the cat will escape the bag eventually poor cat, why was it /random tangent about idioms and cats that I have no need to detail and I wouldn't want false rumors about my product. If it is true, then... I'd be stumped on what to do.

...I don't know.

Either way it just shows that Kotaku's rep is going down either way.

More than once, Bethesda and Ubisoft at the very least.

You know, that makes me wonder, why would Kotaku, who has been blacklisted by more than one company, be the only one that Nintendo has talked about skinship?

It doesn't make sense, the fact that Kotaku was the only one that was privy to this.

This is pretty suspicious, to be honest.

http://postimg.org/image/6u2m77dwr/

WHAT IS THIS? Looks like concrete confirmation to me... skinship is out.

I'mma go cry. My thirst will not be quenched.

I honestly don't know who to believe anymore.

It sounds like there's pretty bad communication between everyone at Nintendo that some people know more details than others if this is true.

Jesus christ when will this madness end

Edited by carefreejules

What's the source to this? As much as I believe skinship is either out or changed, something as concrete as this needs a source to be taken seriously.

I honestly don't know who to believe anymore.

It sounds like there's pretty bad communication between everyone at Nintendo that some people know more details than others if this is true.

Jesus christ when will this madness end

What's the source to this? As much as I believe skinship is either out or changed, something as concrete as this needs a source to be taken seriously.

Lunatic+ Mode = Issue on Skinship

(That may be pusing it a bit, but still...) :-|

Agreed. I fully believe there are warmongers out there who would easily fake something like this just to incite more panic.

Someone on GameFAQs posted it. I know, not incredibly reputable, but this LOOKS real to me.

:(

Well, this says "have been changed to not include the ability to touch various body parts"

It sounds like: But you can touch some parts, just not everything

I'm tempting to send a message too, but I'm sure the people from Nintendo LA are less informed... Oh well, skinship in or out, I still want to play, I just hope that if it was really removed, we have something new.

I saw this in facebook (sorry if it was posted before, I didn't readed the whole previous pages):

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/692823283578720260/photo/1

But that message didn't sound like Nintendo, they are very proper with replies and this sounds more like a message from a friend, unless this guy is really close to the guy who send the message

Edited by SniperGYS

Someone on GameFAQs posted it. I know, not incredibly reputable, but this LOOKS real to me.

:(

It does look real, but it is easy for people to make very real looking hoaxes. Especially when there's no repercussions when doing it, like if some random GameFAQs poster is the one making it.

Well, this says "have been changed to not include the ability to touch various body parts"

It sounds like: But you can touch some, just not everything

You couldn't touch anything below the shoulders anyway, what body parts would they even make off-limits to make it any different from the original version?

It does look real, but it is easy for people to make very real looking hoaxes. Especially when there's no repercussions when doing it, like if some random GameFAQs poster is the one making it.

That's what I was saying. The issue has been confused too much for me to not be skeptical about literally just about everything except a nintendo statement or MAYBE video evidence.