Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

This may be a bit off topic but if I wanted to ask Nintendo about dual audio which of the options on the site should I be picking I honestly don't know

if skinship is out I'm okay with it but I need to have dual audio if I'm going to play this game.

Edited by goldenlance7

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing the word "body parts" maybe nintendo is responding to any question regarding skinship as if you could touch any part of the body

like if I were to send two seprate emails

one asking if "I could touch anywhere"

another if "I could touch their only their faces"

I feel like I would get the exact same stock responce

you know, damage controll

____

who would have thought one little "!" would have raised so many "?"

I always kind of assumed that Mercer's issue with Chrom's confession line was more to do with how God-damned cheesy it was than anything else anyway.

that's what I was thinking

I know Tharja's supports. She constantly abuses others for petty reasons (or in the case of Frederick, claims she is actively abusing him. Naturally she faces absolutely zero consequences for this despite Frederick being the guy who considered Robin to be suspicious simply for laying in the fields. But there is of course no reasons to suspect anything bad from the Plegian mage who joined your army on a whim and actually admits casting harmful spells on you) except in the case of Libra or Nowi were she actually acts semi decent for a change. I think you are interpreting something into her character that isn't meant to be there.

Besides, what kind of excuse could there possibly be for the Voodoo doll thing?

Edit: Well, considering this exchange is merely the result of me making an offhanded mention of Tharja, this is probably as off-topic as it gets. Still, I can't help but be curious what you could possibly see in her. After the folks at IS universally declared Tharja their favourite character, I was sure that her appears and presentation was misleading. Yet, everything I've read suggests that if anything her character is even worse then her presentation makes her look like.

I know this may be kinda random to bring up, but I've read a fanfic story that did much better with her character. Then again, she was more of a (longtime) best friend then someone obsessed with (Female) Robin. It worked though because I like her much more there than I do in the actual game(she's still the same, but a bit more caring and expressive towards Robin. Oh, and Henry was there too, being his usual self). :3

Looks like this thread has reached enlightenment

We've reached something alright...(the fire has tamed down from when it started...which is quite nice...amoung ourselves anyway. Still waiting for "official" answers though...). Edited by Busterman64

Idk, from a voice actor's perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if the voice actors/actresses just weren't comfortable with recording these types of lines. I mean, they can tone down the lines to make it less suggestive sure, but the prospect of voicing characters reacting to being touched/strokes might be off-putting to some of them.

Like, if Matthew Mercer was embarrassed about voicing one confession line, I doubt he would be able to voice MULTIPLE lines in reaction to his character being touched.

If it makes people uncomfortable, I'm not going to blame the voice actors and I'd rather not get anything than have them put themselves through some awkward/uncomfortable situations.

I'm just guessing though - I could be completely wrong.

Actors should be able to act anything, if they're uncomfortable, than they have no right to be called a professional. Anyway the English VAs are garbage anyway, I wouldn't call them professional regardless.

I haven't seen the interview it's from, but I bet what Matthew Mercer meant was that he couldn't say the line with a straight face due to how unbelievably cheesy it was.

If there's any trouble with the VA and skinship it would be that Nintendo is too cheap to pay for it since I heard it was like 2/3 of all the voice acting in the game.

Actors should be able to act anything, if they're uncomfortable, than they have no right to be called a professional. Anyway the English VAs are garbage anyway, I wouldn't call them professional regardless.

No they shouldn't, acting out a comedy is way different than a horror movie. Just because someone can act good in one doesn't translate to the other fully.

This may be a bit off topic but if I wanted to ask Nintendo about dual audio which of the options on the site should I be picking I honestly don't know

if skinship is out I'm okay with it but I need to have dual audio if I'm going to play this game.

Since Awakening had Dual Audio, I don't really see why Fates wouldn't. There's been no official mention of it, though....

A person can be good at drama/horror but not so good at comedy, and vice-versa.

Also, *weeb alert*.

If you hate the voice acting, 90% of the time, you should blame the director. Seriously, listen to Matt Mercer in Star Ocean 4 and then compare it to basically anything else he's done.

Edited by Avalanche

Petting is repetitive, tedious, and somewhat weird, so I don't feel too bad about removal of petting feature. But, I feel pretty bad about removal of all funny and cute dialogues with it like Azama thanking god for having a wonderful waste of time. Also, depend on support level, character's expressions changes. For instance, Takumi doesn't like to be petted until A rank support; he smiles after A support. I don't expect too much for suggestive lines since localization team will tone them down anyway.

Hopefully, whatever that replaces petting feature maintains some of dialogues from characters.

Since Awakening had Dual Audio, I don't really see why Fates wouldn't. There's been no official mention of it, though....

I see I wanted to ask them to try and get confirmation of it due to getting paranoid with all the stuff about censorship and the feeling that they were trying save money on this localization I think I found the support option on the site I was looking for so I'm going to try contacting them even though I expect a stock answer however I would like to thank you for your reply.

A person can be good at drama/horror but not so good at comedy, and vice-versa.

Also, *weeb alert*.

please don't call somebody a weeb, we really don't need another argument in this thread

They probably shouldn't audition for a comedy if they know they can't act in one though, nor would they get hired for it, hopefully.

please pass this along to Adam Sandler

____

like I said earlier, I think they are giving out stock responces when any questions about skinship

and remember in all of those emails they mention not being able to touch bodie parts (notice the plural)

so I still have an ember of hope

____

also I just found out that the english version of Awakening is SMALLER than the japanese version

US 8,759 blocks

JPN 9,784 blocks

so maybe NoA is better at compressing games than IS (consider that the US version contains both English and Japanese audio, as well as redone cutscenes to match the englis VA)

Edited by Captain Karnage

At least were getting the my room conversations. :)

We just aren't going to pet their faces. Not that half of us like that anyway.

Just wanted to say that I heard one of the reasons why Matt Mercer had an awkward time recording the confession lines for Awakening was because the voice director, whom I believe was Patrick Seitz, told Matt that he wasn't allowed to break eye contact with him while saying his lines, lol.

In any case, if a person was sensitive enough that they'd have issues saying lines like these to the point where they'd refuse a job, they probably shouldn't be a voice actor. I hear finding jobs as a VA is difficult enough as it is, let alone if you're going to be picky about it. So I very much doubt that voice actor discomfort was a reason for skinship being likely removed.

Just wanted to say that I heard one of the reasons why Matt Mercer had an awkward time recording the confession lines for Awakening was because the voice director, whom I believe was Patrick Seitz, told Matt that he wasn't allowed to break eye contact with him while saying his lines, lol.

omg that's amazing. I wish I was there to witness it.

In any case, if a person was sensitive enough that they'd have issues saying lines like these to the point where they'd refuse a job, they probably shouldn't be a voice actor. I hear finding jobs as a VA is difficult enough as it is, let alone if you're going to be picky about it. So I very much doubt that voice actor discomfort was a reason for skinship being likely removed.

oh man can you imagine for fef

"Okay Matt. Now moan at me. Don't look away. Moan."

I was personally at the Matthew Mercer Q&A in ColossalCon 2015 last June, and he basically said what you said. It wasn't so much that he was uncomfortable with the lines, it was how he had to deliver them with eye contact and a straight face, since the director felt that this was the best way to get the proper emotion into the recorded lines. I think it worked. X3

It was a very funny story and he was laughing about it since he and Patrick Seitz are very good friends. I wish I could hear all the confession stories from other actors and actresses!

"It feels so good Patrick. Pet me again."

Anywhos, I think I'm in the acceptance phase. I find myself not terribly caring whether it's in or not anymore. Either it's in and I get to enjoy Fates as intended, or it's not in and I get to enjoy some other game as it was intended.

oh man can you imagine for fef

imagine flannel's voice actor

"okay, next is 'Right here and now... can I eat you?'" "try not to laugh this time"

Edited by maybe