Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, I'm not questioning the jokes. Putting Cipher in as a replacement would be fucking hilarious. Or go even more obscure and use the old TCG.

But I've seen some people think it'll legitimately be replaced with something else and I'm like...uh, NoA's gonna take the cheap route when they can. Like any company honestly.

I've said many times that all NoA has to do is to remove the use of the touchscreen and replace it with button presses. It keeps the 2D models, it keeps the support bonuses, and it takes out the biggest issue that people have with the mini game (the face touching). It could work like this:

Press "A" to say "Hello"

Press "Y" to Compliment

Press "X" to Listen

Press "R" to Rub Face

Something like that. Considering all the localization work that has gone into this game already, this is an incredibly minor change in mechanics. It's less work than FE9 having a difficulty removed and replaced with an entirely new one, or FE10 having some characters with altered stats, new weapons and items, changed Forge mechanics, and extra Base convos.

(Of topic for a second...again...it seems common here. :3)

Any of you remember when I said that I would probably make a Favorite and least favorite Pokemon gen. topic earlier (like 5 or so pages back)? Welp, finally made that, so...yeah. If you want to talk about pokemon generations, you can head there...or not. Either way, I'm still gonna be in this discussion for a while! :P

I think I can safely say that I'm coming to terms with the inevitable and I'm feeling burned out now. This was a really interesting and engaging discussion though and it's probably the most active I've ever been in a thread.

Same here! Never really been in really any discussion like this one before and it's been pretty fun, interesting, & enjoyable (even with the massive flames burning early on).

Alas...still playing the waiting game...(not as bad though now...)

Edited by Busterman64

Apparently Nintendo released another Fates commercial video and this time they left comments enabled.

And lo and behold, most of them are about skinship. I think we're in for another round of shit storming (at least on youtube anyway)

I'm not going there, but will give a like to the video nonetheless. .__.

Link?

A person here posted a link to a tumblr page that had collected several of them.

It seems like too many of the latest reply is popping up denying it. I'd say it's pretty certain it is gone at this point, sad as that is.

This tumblr post has screenshots of three emails confirming it is gone.

It all seems a bit much for something that would be a false rumour at this point. My only hope now is that they replaced it with something of equal value.

I wish Gavin Helfin was Richard Woolslayer.

Heck, I think Gavin Helfin wishes he was Richard Woolslayer, if only for the name.

Edited by The DanMan

Nintendo's Localization Team: hey kiddies! instead of getting that mature not appropriate mini game, you can have duel audio! I mean you're not going to get any exclusive game play, but think of it this way! Japan doesn't have it!

Me:I mean that's not re-

Nintendo's Localization Team: Well you're going to buy it anyways, even if you go buy a Japanese 3ds and copy, your just making

money for our Japanese side and encouraging them to make more petting mini games that we won't localize!

Me:Fuck

Nintendo's Localization Team: hey kiddies! instead of getting that mature not appropriate mini game, you can have duel audio! I mean you're not going to get any exclusive game play, but think of it this way! Japan doesn't have it!

Me:I mean that's not re-

Nintendo's Localization Team: Well you're going to buy it anyways, even if you go buy a Japanese 3ds and copy, your just making

money for our Japanese side and encouraging them to make more petting mini games that we won't localize!

Me:Fuck

HAHAHA

now imagine if we don't get dual audio

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

So, instead of looking at the post and doing some research, you're just going to be ignorant and reply with nothing but an image? What are you trying to say here? Because it's definitely not reflecting very well on yourself.

HAHAHA

now imagine if we don't get dual audio

Japanese voices are inappropriate for western ears.

In fact, English voices might be a little risque for western ears so expect those to be excluded from the next localized game.

So, instead of looking at the post and doing some research, you're just going to be ignorant and reply with nothing but an image? What are you trying to say here? Because it's definitely not reflecting very well on yourself.

don't reply to spam, lol

Felicia is hit-or-miss. Most of her combat lines/grunts are fine, but "We've got trouble" is so flat and board sounding.

Though it may be a bit too early to say, I think Awakening has the edge when it comes to dubbing.

don't reply to spam, lol

Apologies. Things are just a bit high-strung in here.

Edited by The DanMan

Okay, that's almost as uncalled for as my reply image. This is a 57 page thread and I couldn't easily find the source you had. Thank you for sharing it, I believe it.

But I just think it's silly to remove it.

In fact, English voices might be a little risque for western ears so expect those to be excluded from the next localized game.

Look, I get your general point but voices are a relatively new concept in FE. The only other games that even had them to my memory were the Tellius games, for cutscenes, and they certainly weren't used the way they were in Awakening and Fates. Personally, I can do either with or without voices because I find them nice but sometimes really annoying.

I blame Junichi Suwabe. Stupid sexy voice.

Look, I get your general point but voices are a relatively new concept in FE. The only other games that even had them to my memory were the Tellius games, for cutscenes, and they certainly weren't used the way they were in Awakening and Fates. Personally, I can do either with or without voices because I find them nice but sometimes really annoying.

I don't have a point. It was a joke, (・_・;)

I blame Junichi Suwabe. Stupid sexy voice.

It's entirely the fault of Takehito Koyasu. No homo but I want to tenderly caress that voice. I don't even know what that means.

tumblr_nsa8gf7qk01u85wpqo1_500.jpg

Felicia is hit-or-miss. Most of her combat lines/grunts are fine, but "We've got trouble" is so flat and board sounding.

Though it may be a bit too early to say, I think Awakening has the edge when it comes to dubbing.

Yeah, that line was as flat as a pancake. Maybe, they'll fix it...?

I don't mind voice acting, but I can be without it too. If it's there, make it good. Even as small as they were in the Tellius games, it was good...for the most part(...I did not think Ranulf would have that kind of voice. Not bad, but surprising to me).