Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

I'm very glad at this news; FE Amie was sleazy and downright disgusting in intent and original execution. It's not really a game mode; it's a small distraction, IE mini game. It's not like they removed skirmishes or anything. You're overreacting.

Also, we pay $80 for our Special Edition, $120.

It should only be worth that since nearly 1/8 of the game is getting butchered.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on where you are in the world, actually.

We Canadians have to pay $100 for the SE.

Eh, the guy didn't list what country he lived in so I used deductive reasoning and thought USA.

Edited by The DanMan

It should only be worth that since nearly 1/8 of the game is getting butchered.

Between the 3 stories, the other My Castle Features, DLC and Online Multiplayer, I fail to see how skinship is worth 1/8th of the game. It's a side-event within a side-event and nowhere near an important feature.

It's confirmed and will probably just be replaced with conversations.

Well, I'm packing up. This thread was great fun, guys. I'm a little upset it ended so soon, didn't know speculation could be so fun.

I hope all of you enjoy Fates, I know I probably will.

Edited by PopteenPrincess

Eh, the guy didn't list what country he lived in so I used deductive reasoning and thought USA.

I do live in the US, but while we're on the Special Edition price, is the Japanese one the price after converting it to US or is that the price seen on import sites, which generally have an increased price?

I do live in the US, but while we're on the Special Edition price, is the Japanese one the price after converting it to US or is that the price seen on import sites, which generally have an increased price?

When it was initially released it was about 12,000 yen (or roughly $100 USD). Of course, considering it's no longer being produced import sites are most likely selling it for more.

Edited by The DanMan

I really have to give props to how mature and considerate the discussion was because I agree with a lot of things that they said and they even echoed a lot of what people here have said in regards to "I hope they at least compensated the lack of this feature in some way to keep those character interactions there".

Again, to all of those who are affected, try not to think about it too much. A lot of the times when we're upset, we tend to see problems bigger than they actually are so I hope you feel better soon.

I really hope the conversations stay in. If only so that we have some form of content there other than a black out screen and automatic affinity boosts; if nothing else that looks lazy. If it turns out that the models are still there with voice acting, just no touching, I'll be very content. Even if I very much disagree with their notion of what's acceptable in the west and perception of how many people care about these things. And Kotaku gets away again. :\

I just hope we don't get any more 'controversies' or salt wars in the next 3 weeks. Pls, no more...

Welp...guess that's it then. Oh well...this has been fun while it lasted. I enjoyed this discussion.

At least we can finally lay this to rest...until the gsme comes out. Then we'll see how we really feel.

A shame that it was cut but it's not the end of the world.

At this point, I'm just glad this mess is over. I just hope we get to keep have the conversations and automatic affinity boosts in some form, at least.

Edited by December Knight

Well, made an account to basically confirm it: It's gone

IGN's Nintendo Podcast and crew have confirmed its removal. Now, I haven't really played much FE myself. I've been interested in getting Awakening and I have played a tiny bit of Sacred Stones, but I only know it through Smash. But as if the whole 3 game split with the Revelations episode technically being the True End wasn't enough to keep me away, a removal of a game MODE and making us pay basically the same as Japan is downright sleezy and disgusting.

Before any of you mention how we pay $120 for our Special Edition, understand that I'm talking about the fact that the default price in Japan and the US/UK for a 3DS game is the same for the game in each region. Japan paid the same as they usually pay for a 3DS title and we will too.

No, I'm not going to tell you guys to not buy the game because of this. I want you to understand though that the majority of the people that are upset are most likely due to the fact that we got something removed and probably not replaced with something good like a VN style dialogue tree.

Do you mind providing a time stamp for those who don't want to watch (listen to) the whole 1 hour podcast?

I'm actually more upset that Kotaku was right then I am about skinship getting removed. I wanted them to crash and burn soooooo badly D:

Honestly though.
And I take back what I said before, I cracked and I'm trading in my 3DS for a Japanese one. You can all yell at me all you want, but I accept that I am trash now. Because I am. Trash. God fucking damn it

I'm kinda sad to see this debate end, it was actually kinda interesting.

So if Skinship is confirmed to be out, what's going to replace it?

There was cleary an exclamation mark over the Private Quarters.

They didn't specify it in the video, or did I miss it?

The host said that Nintendo hasn't detailed exactly of what they were going to do but you'll still be able to invite people to your room and get the bonuses/benefits somehow. Nintendo just hasn't stated how.

They said you can still invite characters and get the support points, but you don't skinship with them.

It didn't sound like they knew if there is no replacement for it.

I actually linked it at the timestamp. It should immediately go to it if you watch it.

It should be around 52:56 when they start talking about it.

Thanks. I had to quote PSI Wind's post to get the timestamp cuz it wasn't working with the embed.

A bit bummed the petting feature is out, it looked hilarious in the videos. But since it looks like you can still invite the characters and get support points, I guess I'm good. Let's see how it all plays out in three weeks when the game arrives

Edited by soranauta