Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

I dont think marriage will go anywhere and in japan skinship wasnt taken badly like here which even then still had some fans

Anyway, yay at the live2d still being there and it was what i expected just convos pressing A basic but i will live i just wanted to see them 2d models

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Having the model bob around awkwardly in supports would be less than ideal, and I hope if marriage returns they'll go back to confession stills. If they go back to Live2D, I can only see them using it for something along the lines of skinship/ conversations, but I'm not even sure that will return given its reception.

I personally would like an in-between thing were the portraits are made in a live2D art style, but being inanimate. Or maybe just little movements like blinking, adjusting their grip on weapons ETC.

I personally would like an in-between thing were the portraits are made in a live2D art style, but being inanimate. Or maybe just little movements like blinking, adjusting their grip on weapons ETC.

Actually that could be really cool. Just imagining the current Live2D models in that situation made it sort of unappealing, but I see what you mean. Going back to animated portraits with Live2D I could see working quite well.

The current Live2d style is pretty bland. Animated portraits? Yes please. Animated portraits done in Live2d? No thanks. I dunno, I'm just really attached to the charming portraits we have this time around. I don't even know how sad I'm going to be when Kozaki isn't the character designer for FE15. I mean, I assume they wouldn't use him 3 times in a row, just because it gets boring after a while.

They removed it because Rinka complained about it.

I still love you, girl!

God, I hope they still use the models without the mini-game. I'm actually starting to worry they won't, and they'll be left on the game cart, wasting space.

Damn my negativity.

Talk about fans being split on Nintendo right now, first they have praise for making Pokken possible at EVO (even giving setups) and now are under fire for this.

Back and forth.

The Camilla scene is fine. You can see it in one of the various videos flying around youtube of FE: Fates being played at a special Nintendo 3DS RPG event. The "scene" he's talking about is Soleil's support conversations with the avatar.

I'm getting tired of Nintendo censoring everything. The rating system is there for a reason, not every game has to be E10+.

Japan don't have ratings.

They get better stuff, stuff we don't get, fe stuff and accessories. Makes me wonder why I don't live there.

well it was fun while it lasted

I have a dreadful feeling that NoA is going to go crazy and try to get all of the subtitled skinshipping videos off of youtube

I guess I have a reason to keep my JPN 3DS arround for a while longer

apparently getting assked for a kiss is too taboo for our wonderful puritan country

who has no problem with exessive over the top violence

See you all around the forest, bye!

ohh I hope this is just one big missunderstanding

Well nobody has actually seen it, the story for Ign and Kotaku was that a Nintendo rep told them so and we still have that 1GB of data that's useless

I'm way too deep into denial

Actually, no.
It is from Japan. Their laws are void from America. Since they actually allow this in Japan.

Well, let's be fair here. It's not just NoA. It's Nintendo as a whole. The My Castle video was from homebase, NCL, so they probably came to the consensus that skinship just shouldn't have happened. :/

Please.
Let us not ever see this again in another Fire Emblem game.

I haven't really been following this all that closely, but has this even been confirmed yet?

Thank god that it wasn't a waste after all to get the Japanese version.

So with the confirmation of it being gone, I think we should just let bygones be bygones, it wasn't a super key feature of the game. The amount of press its getting (while I disagree with the principles of its removal, not so much skinship, because it made me uncomfortable) Is kinda sad tbh.

Edited by Jedi

So with the confirmation of it being gone, I think we should just let bygones be bygones, it wasn't a super key feature of the game. The amount of press its getting (while I disagree with the principles of its removal, not so much skinship, because it made me uncomfortable) Is kinda sad tbh.

So, my question is, if it doesn't get replaced, and the live2D models get unused, will everybody who was cool with the removal get angry too?

So in other words that'd be you, me, Imp, and Shin with a side of Darros? I dunno about that, Imp would make everyone gay, I'd write everyone with so little romantic inclinations that the S-supports would be even more forced, and Shin's writing would have everyone be fabulously British

Imp for the C supports, you for the B supports, Shin for the A supports, me for the S supports, and Darros for A+ supports. I don't care how much of a disaster it would be, since I'm awful with romance, but it'll somehow have less controversy than Soliel :P:

Whoever said this thread reached enlightenment is completely right

It's not so bad now. That's why I don't believe the whole 'damage control' thing. If NoA was up front about it right from the start, this would have been handled a lot better. It's like anticipating ripping off a band-aid.

Anyway, it might just be me but I feel like the whole blocks thing is a little useless. There are a myriad of reasons why it there be more or less space.

I hear that we're the supposed island of sanity. Take that as you will.

Im on mobile right now, otherwise this would be me responding to walls of quotes.

If this turns out to be BS, im with CRK with watching Kotaku drown and choke.

Honestly though, i feel like we're getting a version of this where the characters appear in your room, you can choose to interact with them. But instead of petting, we use the mic to SPEAK to them and thats how the heart fills up. And they talk back depending on existing support level, their responses change. If this is indeed what we get instead, it would actually be pretty cool and kinda innovative. Literally talking to your guys.

As someone who plays her 3DS on public transportation. . .I'd be against this.

I WOULD support turning that finger into a pen, and drawing on a sketchbook that the character in question provides!

Look, I get your general point but voices are a relatively new concept in FE. The only other games that even had them to my memory were the Tellius games, for cutscenes, and they certainly weren't used the way they were in Awakening and Fates. Personally, I can do either with or without voices because I find them nice but sometimes really annoying.

And to add to this. . .I doubt Fates will be anything like Radiant Dawn, because hoo boy, THAT was bad. . .

It's only good for Korea since they are going to get the weeb rubbing option.

Too uncomfortable for Americas and Europeans...I guess. XD

. . .what in the everliving FUCK is this response?

No really. What point does it serve? Because if it's "nothing useful", then it shouldn't be outside of Far from the Forest.

Again, to all of those who are affected, try not to think about it too much. A lot of the times when we're upset, we tend to see problems bigger than they actually are so I hope you feel better soon.

I really want to pin this somewhere on the forums. Like in SMT x FE.

I'm actually more upset that Kotaku was right then I am about skinship getting removed. I wanted them to crash and burn soooooo badly D:

Reading the mod's mind is a bannable offense :P:

Japan don't have ratings.

They get better stuff, stuff we don't get, fe stuff and accessories. Makes me wonder why I don't live there.

It's one thing to have questionable opinions. It's another to be factually wrong about something (and this isn't the first time you've done it).

Japan does have a video game rating system. It's called CERO.

At this point, I've got my trusty coin out, and am debating whether or not to warn any future outbursts like this as trolling, because I'm pretty sure you've imported games from Japan before. Cut it out.

---

If skinship is out, I hope it doesn't become some sort of shitty DLC feature. I'd much rather do something fun with the characters, like a short rhythm game. . .or an abridged version of Cipher~!

Yep. Even though I'm still waiting for official confirmation from Nintendo, I can safely say that my pre-order for the Special Edition of Fates is cancelled. There is absolutely NO way I'm wasting that much money on a game with stripped features. Honestly, the removal of skinshipping was uncalled for and they should see that not everyone's going to be okay with this kind of stunt.

We're not only missing out on a feature that was originally in the game and had no right being removed, but also on extra commentary from the characters. If they do end up replacing Skinship with something else that does give you that extra dialogue, then I'll be happy just buying one version, if not then I can wait until it's in the damn bargain bin.

If skinship is out, I hope it doesn't become some sort of shitty DLC feature. I'd much rather do something fun with the characters, like a short rhythm game. . .or an abridged version of Cipher~!

I'm imagining what would happen if they did this and all I see is

[spoiler=Burn it down, salt the ruins]

nero-fiddles-by-leviathansmiles.jpg

Seriously, the only way that could be worse would be if you loaded the game after downloading that DLC and the title screen became a nude picture of Reggie captioned 'my body is ready'.

Edited by Phillius

Imp for the C supports, you for the B supports, Shin for the A supports, me for the S supports, and Darros for A+ supports. I don't care how much of a disaster it would be, since I'm awful with romance, but it'll somehow have less controversy than Soliel :P:

This would probably be a working system. I like it! So that means everyone is really gay in the C, then really uninterested in the B, then fabulously British in the A, the A+ is chumpy, and S is sounds like it was written by an amazing person :P:

Are we now going to play the guessing game for what may (or may not) have replaced face rubbing?

[spoiler=EDIT]Just saw eclipse quote Ayanami's fucking post. Was about to tell them to fuck off, but doubt it's worth the warn.

Edited by Sunwoo

. . .what in the everliving FUCK is this response?

No really. What point does it serve? Because if it's "nothing useful", then it shouldn't be outside of Far from the Forest.

At this point, I've got my trusty coin out, and am debating whether or not to warn any future outbursts like this as trolling, because I'm pretty sure you've imported games from Japan before. Cut it out.

---

Actually, it has been confirmed

and found out that it was discussed here and finding out that it was just more assumptions when in the end we actually don't really know much about the Korean laws.

Yes.

But...it is a dream to some of us to pay a visit there!

Should make skinship DLC so that people who are bothered by it don't have to download it!

Actually, it has been confirmed

and found out that it was discussed here and finding out that it was just more assumptions when in the end we actually don't really know much about the Korean laws.

Ayanami. There is nothing confirmed for what is going to happen in the Korean localization. Shut your mouth about things you don't know.

Edited by Sunwoo

Paying for content that was originally in the game is a bad bad bad bad bad bad idea.

Now, if they made it a free piece of DLC available at launch, for those who really want it, that would probably be fine. But that would also be rather stupid from a business perspective since it's already optional anyway and cutting it at least saves them the cost of getting more lines out of the VAs.

I'm imagining what would happen if they did this and all I see is

[spoiler=Burn it down, salt the ruins]

nero-fiddles-by-leviathansmiles.jpg

Seriously, the only way that could be worse would be if you loaded the game after downloading that DLC and the title screen became a nude picture of Reggie captioned 'my body is ready'.

Pay per pet. Five bucks a touch. Ten bucks to get the... "dirty" lines.

"SHIT THIS IS HOW IT WORKS NOW MERCER DEAL WITH IT"