Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

And yeah, I totally get the tendency to do that. But haven't you guys gotten exhausted of doing that too? I really have no idea where some of you get your energy because that got boring to me too.

I think I can safely say that I'm coming to terms with the inevitable and I'm feeling burned out now. This was a really interesting and engaging discussion though and it's probably the most active I've ever been in a thread.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so much snow outside so I don't think there's any roses growing around here hahaha.

Hey, we have more than enough salt now to melt all the snow in our yards and see for ourselves.

Hopefully Kotaku is just wrong in how they asked the question and the rep and PR both got confused. That wouldn't be surprising.

Hopefully. At the very least replace it with something.

And half a dozen different e-mails floating around from NOA customer service saying "the ability to use the touch screen to pet various body parts has been cut" are inconsequential?

Edited by The DanMan

Im on mobile right now, otherwise this would be me responding to walls of quotes.

If this turns out to be BS, im with CRK with watching Kotaku drown and choke.

Honestly though, i feel like we're getting a version of this where the characters appear in your room, you can choose to interact with them. But instead of petting, we use the mic to SPEAK to them and thats how the heart fills up. And they talk back depending on existing support level, their responses change. If this is indeed what we get instead, it would actually be pretty cool and kinda innovative. Literally talking to your guys.

i feel like i would like that but

god it would feel even more awkward talking to a fictional character than touching their face with a stylus

i would prefer if we could just... have like dialogue options to say to them and they'd respond. so you can just sort of have a nice moment with them without making yourself feel super awkward.

but most importantly we need card games

Edited by maybe

Honestly though, i feel like we're getting a version of this where the characters appear in your room, you can choose to interact with them. But instead of petting, we use the mic to SPEAK to them and thats how the heart fills up. And they talk back depending on existing support level, their responses change. If this is indeed what we get instead, it would actually be pretty cool and kinda innovative. Literally talking to your guys.

I don't know how well the 3DS mic can decipher spoken sentences, but this does bring up the hilarious mental images of someone screaming and swearing into the mic and the characters are just like 'nice to see you too :D'

I don't know how well the 3DS mic can decipher spoken sentences, but this does bring up the hilarious mental images of someone screaming and swearing into the mic and the characters are just like 'nice to see you too :D'

Ever played the ds Ace Attorney remake? Screaming objection six times in a row in public is fun.

And half a dozen different e-mails floating around from NOA customer service saying "the ability to use the touch screen to pet various body parts has been cut" are inconsequential?

uhhh, I imagine that we're just getting the same stock email because some people might ask can we touch their chests.

so they are giving the stock email to everyone

I'm getting burned out y'all

Ever played the ds Ace Attorney remake? Screaming objection six times in a row in public is fun.

I always found it so odd that in real life court cases you'll hear "I have an objection, your honor", and then AA turns it into what's essentially a battle cry.

uhhh, I imagine that we're just getting the same stock email because some people might ask can we touch their chests.

so they are giving the stock email to everyone

I'm getting burned out y'all

But you couldn't do that in the Japanese version, ergo that can't be cut in the American release.

It's a formality.

"Unfortunately, our various wares are not on sale right now."

"The various people slowly left the parking lot."

Edited by The DanMan

Get away from me weirdo I hate physical contact

And yeah, I totally get the tendency to do that. But haven't you guys gotten exhausted of doing that too? I really have no idea where some of you get your energy because that got boring to me too.

Hatred burns strong and lasts for a while. At least in my experience. I've kind of accepted it bitterly. I just wanna know what it's replaced with.

It's now beach volleybal.

Well if I was going to be completely realistic, I'd say NoA wouldn't go that far...that is, before this whole thing started. Now maybe we'll have hope we'll get a replacement as suitable as that one.

As for the specifics, that would be pretty fun. Of course I don't expect actual speech to text but I bet you could get some funny responses if you said something really weird.

"Hi dad!" "Go to hell Kanna." "Aww I love you too."

I think I can safely say that I'm coming to terms with the inevitable and I'm feeling burned out now. This was a really interesting and engaging discussion though and it's probably the most active I've ever been in a thread.

Your obviously not an Fttf person. This is nothing, but good nonetheless outside of the fttf environment.

i feel like i would like that but

god it would feel even more awkward talking to a fictional character than touching their face with a stylus

i would prefer if we could just... have like dialogue options to say to them and they'd respond. so you can just sort of have a nice moment with them without making yourself feel super awkward.

but most importantly we need card games

Well, i do think we are going to see some sort of use of the Live2D. So a nice chill session where they speak on their own terms or are prompted via some non-touching cue, is likely. I wouldnt say no to card games but im not getting my hopes up for something like that.

Lmao. Its just an idea of a possibilty really. (Ugh mobile use with quotes gets a bit slow and crashy)

Hatred burns strong and lasts for a while. At least in my experience. I've kind of accepted it bitterly. I just wanna know what it's replaced with.

It's now beach volleybal.

that would work pretty well

once you have an s support all the weirdly sexual lines could be replaced with innuendos about inviting them into your room and showing them your balls

i'm just still here to make stupid jokes about what they'll replace it with

Edited by maybe

Why would you guys think NoA would go out of their way to add something new into the game that Japan doesn't have? This isn't the old days where they modified Animal Crossing with western holidays. They'll just dummy out all of that, because removing it could break something else in the game.

once you have an s support all the weirdly sexual lines could be replaced with innuendos about inviting them into your room and showing them your balls

Nothing can top Subaki threatening to show you his 'imperfect side' though

Why would you guys think NoA would go out of their way to add something new into the game that Japan doesn't have? This isn't the old days where they modified Animal Crossing with western holidays. They'll just dummy out all of that, because removing it could break something else in the game.

I suppose, but it's better to look on the bright side. At least for me and probably everyone else who's speculating.

Hey, we have more than enough salt now to melt all the snow in our yards and see for ourselves.

That's all well and good but you see, you don't pet various body parts so you're going to potentially get a stock answer there, and two, even if the touch screen functionality is all gone, does that mean the entire section is gone or not? IGN video from over a month ago implied the amie area was still there.

i think we're all just making jokes at this point

as sad as it is to accept that there will not be card games, I don't think any of us actually believe that there will be card games, voltorb flip, or beach volleyball

i severely doubt they'd just flat out remove the dialogue though, since some of it is actually pretty... interesting?

like the awakening people tell you their shocking true identities

plus there was that footage where you could see the ! so that means there might be something there

Why would you guys think NoA would go out of their way to add something new into the game that Japan doesn't have?

I don't, personally. I'd be extremely surprised if it were replaced with anything at all. That won't stop me making dumb jokes though.

Edited by capmalachi

I don't, personally. I'd be extremely surprised if it were replaced with anything at all. That won't stop me making dumb jokes though.

Oh no, I'm not questioning the jokes. Putting Cipher in as a replacement would be fucking hilarious. Or go even more obscure and use the old TCG.

But I've seen some people think it'll legitimately be replaced with something else and I'm like...uh, NoA's gonna take the cheap route when they can. Like any company honestly.

That's all well and good but you see, you don't pet various body parts so you're going to potentially get a stock answer there, and two, even if the touch screen functionality is all gone, does that mean the entire section is gone or not? IGN video from over a month ago implied the amie area was still there.

But you couldn't do that in the Japanese version, ergo that can't be cut.

It's a formality.

It's highly likely there's a replacement of some sort, to answer the later part of your post.

Oh no, I'm not questioning the jokes. Putting Cipher in as a replacement would be fucking hilarious. Or go even more obscure and use the old TCG.

But I've seen some people think it'll legitimately be replaced with something else and I'm like...uh, NoA's gonna take the cheap route when they can. Like any company honestly.

Very recent gameplay demos show the question mark over My Room.

So what does that mean?

Edited by The DanMan

It's highly likely there's a replacement of some sort, to answer the later part of your post.

Very recent gameplay demos show the question mark over My Room.

So what does that mean?

A full-blown replacement is probably unlikely.

The question mark implies that it is still there or was still there in December.

Hilariously, Kotaku might have gotten accurate information in the first place, but the "confirmation" they received appears to have been the official statement from Mr. Woolslayer at Nintendo. In other words, we're still in the dark with only the original statement.

Edited by Kicking And Screaming

A full-blown replacement is probably unlikely.

The question mark implies that it is still there or was still there in December.

Hilariously, Kotaku might have gotten accurate information in the first place, but the "confirmation" they received appears to have been the official statement from Mr. Woolslayer at Nintendo. In other words, we're still in the dark with only the original statement.

You're ignoring what I quoted myself saying, as well as the existence of those e-mails:

I always found it so odd that in real life court cases you'll hear "I have an objection, your honor", and then AA turns it into what's essentially a battle cry.

But you couldn't do that in the Japanese version, ergo that can't be cut in the American release.

It's a formality.

At least they bothered to give you guys English voice acting (there's probably a lot of it too with a shit ton of characters). Who cares if you can't touch digital boobies? Go watch those Youtube videos if you miss them that much.