Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

That tweet us from Nathan Grayson, the same guy who has caused this panic(and partly responsiblefor gamergate). He's probably covering his tracks. The problem is that email has no adress and there is no receive date as well.

If he's lying he's dug himself a hole and he's in too deep.

edit: @lobo they guy is a journalist, he knows the names of important people and credible people. He could have forged the email because there is missing information on that email Grayson showed. I mentioned it above

This is not an attack on anyone

Edit2: FROM NOW ON PLEASE DON'T BRING IN SOURCES THAT REFERENCE THE ORIGINAL KOTAKU ARTICLE OR NATHAN GRAYSON (unless it's new)

Or it could be decent to crop out the return/send addresses so that neither of them get spammed with unwanted e-mails.

Just a thought.

And seriously, e-mail forgery is taking things way too far.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he is lying, then I don't see the reason why all this is worth it... -facepalm-

So his tiny amount of credibly still stands.

If you get caught in a lie you have 2 choices

A. Admit that you were lying

B. Dig yourself into a deeper hole with another lie to back up the OG lie

Wait a minute, he has no credibility

@lobo I agree that it is decent to hide his email address but because it's hidden I'm still skeptical that he could have just forged that email. I'm even more skeptical about it because there is no receive date, it could have been an email from 2 years ago

Edited by Captain Karnage

That tweet still doesn't confirm anything though. If Woodwhatever still can't give info neither can this guy, all he said was that the quote was correct.

Okay, my disdain for that twitter user is seriously growing. He's dodging telling us what HE asked them, which, as I explained earlier, actually changes everything.

Jesus christ, you'd think with all this rumormongering and bad sources flying around someone at Nintendo would come out and say how things are to shut this shitstorm down for good. But I suppose not.

Jesus christ, you'd think with all this rumormongering and bad sources flying around someone at Nintendo would come out and say how things are to shut this shitstorm down for good. But I suppose not.

Maybe they think smugness would make it worse if they just out with it?

It is awfully weird though.

I don't think skinshipping has been shown in an American/English trailer? Maybe they haven't said anything is because it's a spoiler. Some people may not look for news in Japanese trailers or sites so it could be news to them. Hence, Nintendo didn't say a word about it even with this going on.

I hope with all the hope in the world that what Kotaku confirms to be TRUE.

... Are people seriously sending e-mails to Nintendo to make sure skinship truly hasn't been removed?

Wow, face petting is a big deal. They should make an entire game of it just for that market.

So,... I don't suppose there's anybody who could possibly be reading this that is actually considering the game because of the probable lack of skinship?

After the storm that happened over here when it was released, I'm a bit surprised only one guy has said anything in this thread along those lines.

It'll need way more than the removal of skinship for me to cross that line, but I would feel a tad less gross about buying it.

It also makes me regain a bit of hope in Treehouse as a localization team, because anticipating PR/ESRB trouble before they happen is good and something more localizers should be doing.
On the other hand, I look at the localized names, and I start missing 8-4 again.

So is there another Nintendo direct scheduled before Fates releases? They might be waiting until then to say something and show off Bors Flip.

Wow, face petting is a big deal. They should make an entire game of it just for that market.

That's what Awakening's spotpass teams should have been, beat the old heroes and you can pet them.

Here I come FE8 Selena.

So is there another Nintendo direct scheduled before Fates releases? They might be waiting until then to say something and show off Bors Flip.

He better make a thwomp sound effect when you flip him.

That's what Awakening's spotpass teams should have been, beat the old heroes and you can pet them.

The petting minigame should have been restricted to only the most bearded of males, with no option to pet anything that isn't hair.

Okay, my disdain for that twitter user is seriously growing. He's dodging telling us what HE asked them, which, as I explained earlier, actually changes everything.

That's not true. Grayson has said in other tweets related to that one the he has asked him something on the lines of "has the touchscreen based face petting been removed", and that the email from Golin was in reference to Nintendo's statement about that question (i.e. The original quote in the article).

It would be really funny if skinship was still in. Personally I do not care if it has been removed or not (although it would be a bit of a bummer, not on the big side of things though), but if it wasn't and this was all Kotaku fucking with us, I would be overjoyed because I dislike Kotaku that much.

It's so shady, so many emails, yet no real context or dates.

I mean, if they were right, good for them, but if they were wrong, I hope they get all the karma they deserve.

It would be really funny if skinship was still in. Personally I do not care if it has been removed or not (although it would be a bit of a bummer, not on the big side of things though), but if it wasn't and this was all Kotaku fucking with us, I would be overjoyed because I dislike Kotaku that much.

It's so shady, so many emails, yet no real context or dates.

I mean, if they were right, good for them, but if they were wrong, I hope they get all the karma they deserve.

then lets hope that Hulk Hogan wins his lawsuit against Gawker media

because if he wins everything under Gawker media is screwed

including Kotaku

then lets hope that Hulk Hogan wins his lawsuit against Gawker media

because if he wins everything under Gawker media is screwed

including Kotaku

That would be the most lovely thing to come out of gaming journalism.

I swear, I might sound idiotic with this (well not that I don't sound idiotic already), but I want skinship to be in the game so Kotaku can be shamed and humiliated even further. I am tired of "THIS CLOUD KINDA LOOKS LIKE YOSHI!" and "CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME POKèMON FANART".

That would be the most lovely thing to come out of gaming journalism.

I swear, I might sound idiotic with this (well not that I don't sound idiotic already), but I want skinship to be in the game so Kotaku can be shamed and humiliated even further. I am tired of "THIS CLOUD KINDA LOOKS LIKE YOSHI!" and "CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME POKèMON FANART".

One of my favorites: "The worst Pokemon generation is getting remade; here's what's new".

More than a few comments said exactly what was on my mind: "What? Didn't know they were skipping to generation 4."

Sigh, got a response back from Nintendo when I sent a question regarding the removal of skinship.

Hello,

"Thank you for contacting us with your question. At this time Nintendo of America has made no announcements nor do we have any details regarding any specific gameplay feature's inclusion or removal from Fire Emblem: Fates. While I'm happy to pass your comments along to the proper department for reviewal, we won't have any solid information for you at this time. If we do make any announcements, you'll find all the details on our official website (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew).

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Reese Nicholson"

Unfortunately, it doesn't really say anything, and the last name isn't as badass as that Woolslayer guy. I don't have a screenshot because my phone is old and stupid, so sorry. But I thought I might as well post this here.

oh Naga,

people keep forgetting that lying and the internet go hand in hand

True, but I do sincerely doubt Grayson is actually lying. I know Kotaku has an awful rep, but it would be insane for a journalist to perpetuate this so much by providing as much detail as he has just to satisfy some ransoms on Twitter if it were all a blatant lie.

If what he says turns out to be wrong, I'd wager that is was due to a miscommunication rather than Grayson intentionally reporting a lie.

One of my favorites: "The worst Pokemon generation is getting remade; here's what's new".

More than a few comments said exactly what was on my mind: "What? Didn't know they were skipping to generation 4."

Even though I agree gen 3 is the worst gen and think gen 4 is the best, that's rather mean spirited right there...