FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

EDIT: I just read the above post, so thaaaaat's what you did, that would explain why Zane was talking to Sigurd mid chapter in one of your rotating sig screens......

That's the end of Chapter 5. That scene is probably one of my favorite new additions (all the scenes with Zane are high up there though, he's an epic character now).

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the end of Chapter 5. That scene is probably one of my favorite new additions (all the scenes with Zane are high up there though, he's an epic character now).

You made him like the manga huh? Where he's honorable and stuff. He basically leads Sigurd to Agusty right? Then you have to fight in the castle like you planned. =P

You made him like the manga huh? Where he's honorable and stuff. He basically leads Sigurd to Agusty right? Then you have to fight in the castle like you planned. =P

Didn't you also guess that mystery chapter I posted right? You're freakin' amazing. Can you tell me what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow?

Edited by General Archibald

Bacon and eggs on crisp Italian bread.

Anyways, just want to say that I fully endorse your lack of dismounting. I also like the updates that we're getting. It's good to see everything's runnin' smoothish.

Didn't you also guess that mystery chapter I posted right? You're freakin' amazing. Can you tell me what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow?

That was me...

Any way this is looking really cool! Can't wait for the completed game. Keep it up!

Anyways, just want to say that I fully endorse your lack of dismounting. I also like the updates that we're getting. It's good to see everything's runnin' smoothish.

This, and I guess cereal for TOMORROW's breakfast. XP

You were all wrong! I had foraging with a side of nothing (both days).

Anyways, I'd like to ask people who've completed the demo to post the levels of their units. This is for my usage as I'm trying to balance out level gains without the Arena (which was a huge factor with training units in FE4). It would also be helpful to know if you focused on using specific units or just used everybody.

Used everybody:

Sigurd: L:8 EXP: 56

Alec: L: 4 EXP: 13

Noish: L: 5 EXP: 24

Arden: L: 4 EXP: 14

Lex: L: 6 EXP: 52

Azel: L:4 EXP: 24

Cuan: L: 5 EXP: 70

Ethlin: L: 2 EXP: 76

Fin: L: 3 EXP: 20

Midir: Base

Edited by AstraLunaSol

You improved Zane's eyes. Manfroy portrait is different from his picture in the portrait collection. Its a massive improvement over his old sprite and gives him more class. Chagall is missing his wrinkles but that never made sense anyway on a man his age.

I noticed a few errors with the text whilst playing the demo:

fireemblemseisennokeifub.pngfireemblemseisennokeifuf.png

My only complaints about the prologue would be that Alvis is called Albus, and the lack of recognizable boss palettes. Otherwise some great work.

Nice to see some additions to the storyline, chapter 6 is looking very interesting.

BTW, I sent you an updated version of the 'night' palette on the Pokemblem forums.

Oh and since you wished for this to be posted:

Sigurd Lv. 7 Ex. 10

Alec Lv. 4 Ex. 45

Noish Lv. Ex. 66

Arden Lv. 5 Ex. 26

Lex Lv. 7 Ex. 70

Azel Lv. 6 Ex. 20

Cuan Lv. 5 Ex. 2

Ethlin Lv. 2 Ex. 88

Finn Lv. 2 Ex. 90

Midayle Lv. 4 Ex. 60

Sigurd took most of the experience and I used Arden allot more than I thought I would.

I just saw the new palette, awesome job!

newpalettesyay.png

I've fixed most of the text errors reported, and changed Alvis's name back (I thought I did that already, I changed it when I was experimenting with names). Other than that I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the demo and updates.

Also, this may be a bit of a long-shot but I figured I'll ask anyways. Does anyone have a savestate at or near the beginning of Chapter 2 (of the original FE4)?

Edited by General Archibald

^ If she dies in Chapter 1 you lose. She has the "protected character marker" (the diamond thing) like Zephiel had in that chapter you had to protect him.

^ If she dies in Chapter 1 you lose. She has the "protected character marker" (the diamond thing) like Zephiel had in that chapter you had to protect him.

It wasn't that hard to protect her as before anyway. =P, As long as you don't screw around for your escape. It just might screw up some newer FE4 players.

@Arch I'm supposed to be playing FE4 but I'm playing it on my Wii, so I guess if I had a ch2 savestate there it wouldn't work >_>

Anyway, things are looking pretty nice. I'm loving the portraits (I've only seen the ones in the screens since I'm waiting for more chapters to be released before I play anything). Keep it up bud.

I've always thought of Aideen as more of a Natasha-esque healer than a Serra-esque healer, so maybe the map sprite can be changed to FE8's cleric? IDK. Awesome work though.

Also, this may be a bit of a long-shot but I figured I'll ask anyways. Does anyone have a savestate at or near the beginning of Chapter 2 (of the original FE4)?

I hadn't cleaned out my recycle bin, so I was manage to go back far enough in time to find something for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nydynolmyan

May not be compatible with your emulator of choice. (I'm using bsnses.)

Script issues that I noticed.

"Lord Ceasar", just looks weird. Typo, perhaps.

"two years since you began training\nYour probably" - needs period before linebreak, also "You're probably"

"instil" should be "instill"

"takin Lady Eden" should be "takin'" perhaps?

Bug with Azel saving a village:

. Savestate here.

Anyways, I'd like to ask people who've completed the demo to post the levels of their units. This is for my usage as I'm trying to balance out level gains without the Arena (which was a huge factor with training units in FE4). It would also be helpful to know if you focused on using specific units or just used everybody.

Sigurd: 6.16

Ardan: 4.38

Lex: 6.53

Midayle: 4.95

Azel: 5.84

Noish: 4.97

Alec: 6.83

Finn: 3.16

Cuan: 5.77

Ethlin: 3.27

No particular focus on any given unit. Everyone took what they could get away with. 11 Turn completion.

Edited by Balcerzak

Very minor mistake but in Falaflame's description it say it gives + 5 Luck but it actually give + 5 Res, I wish I could show a picture of it but photo bucket wouldn't let me log in

Well, I've got something of an update. New video for you all.

Someone's already complained that I don't keep SF updated enough. I'm going to try and keep that in mind as I continue with the project. Sorry for the neglect!

Is there a reason for not just using FE 4's music for everyone? It's much better than 7's imo.

Also, are the weapons balanced properly like in the GBA FE's? That would be nice.

Why did you keep the enemies with no luck and crappy stats in general? The 0 luck enemies of FE's 4 and 7 always bothered me, and I think the way FE's 9 and 10 do the enemies is best; they all have luck stats and don't have horrendous durability and/or accuracy across the board.

The stats used in the FE 4 hard mode/balancing patch on this site = way better. Just take out the broken wrath/ambush combo on the bosses and the other stuff that made it very luck-based at times.

Is there a reason for not just using FE 4's music for everyone? It's much better than 7's imo.

Also, are the weapons balanced properly like in the GBA FE's? That would be nice.

Why did you keep the enemies with no luck and crappy stats in general? The 0 luck enemies of FE's 4 and 7 always bothered me, and I think the way FE's 9 and 10 do the enemies is best; they all have luck stats and don't have horrendous durability and/or accuracy across the board.

The stats used in the FE 4 hard mode/balancing patch on this site = way better. Just take out the broken wrath/ambush combo on the bosses and the other stuff that made it very luck-based at times.

Because I don't have the capacity to insert every song from FE4, that's why. Work is being done to get some tracks in but never will I have them all. Keep in mind that this is not a finished product.

Weapon balance has definitely been improved.

Since most units aren't scoring critical hits on enemies anyways having luck seems rather pointless in the Prologue. Stats match the units in the FEBinary hack which this game's engine more accurately reflects. The enemy units are less spaced out in this hack meaning that you're fighting more enemies at once. If I increased enemy stats to Hard Mode's levels the game would just take longer, difficulty would see a minimal increase. I've experimented with difficulty a lot, I'm still trying to find that perfect balance.

Oh, wow. This made so much progress since I left. D:

Good luck to the amazing updates! I'll try to test this out once I get home. x_x