FE4 Advance - R.I.P.

Arch

Hmm, okay...

I think giving enemies luck stats like in 6/8/9/10 would be pretty ballin', and making certain bosses very powerful would make the game more epic. Fighting a totally shitty Gandolf/Shagall/etc. is pretty boring, and Eltoshen's stats look horrible for his level and supposed storyline power.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think giving enemies luck stats like in 6/8/9/10 would be pretty ballin', and making certain bosses very powerful would make the game more epic. Fighting a totally shitty Gandolf/Shagall/etc. is pretty boring, and Eltoshen's stats look horrible for his level and supposed storyline power.

What is that luck going to do other than complicate my unit coding by making me have multiple enemies with different luck?

Eltosian has the Mistolten and the same stats he had in FE4, nothing has changed about him.

I find Gandolf in this version much more difficult, he got a weapon upgrade (Hand Axe before now he has a Tomahawk). I don't know how Shagall is yet since I haven't reached his fight.

You are just looking at stats and that's only half of the equation. Eltosian has a 30MT weapon.

Edited by General Archibald

It's going to make enemies suck less. Less free criticals for you and a bit more evd/hit for them. Seeing the 0 is also ugly. It's complicated to just give every class a base luck stat and growth? I wouldn't really know much about the coding, but I know everything works on class bases and level ups. Just change the 0 to something else, right? One of my biggest problems with FE's 1, 3, 4, and 7 is that enemies have no luck.

The stats he had in FE 4...sucked for his level and supposed power.

The weapon upgrade is cool. Have you played that hard mode patch for FE 4? It's ballin'. You should use a balance of that. I found the original FE 4 to be very boring in terms of gameplay since you can mow down the enemies too easily due to their horrible spd/evd/0 luck/etc.

It's going to make enemies suck less. Less free criticals for you and a bit more evd/hit for them. Seeing the 0 is also ugly. It's complicated to just give every class a base luck stat and growth? I wouldn't really know much about the coding, but I know everything works on class bases and level ups. Just change the 0 to something else, right? One of my biggest problems with FE's 1, 3, 4, and 7 is that enemies have no luck.

Could be wrong, but the classes don't have a set luck base and thus wouldn't have a growth either.

Luck, on enemies anyway, would then have to come from the individual character values for enemies. I imagine that a lot of these are now dedicated to the increase in FE4 characters. Not to mention the potential for balance flaws down the road.

As such, yes. Having 0 luck would be a bit easier. And inconsequential.

I can't give units random luck, I'd have to use precious unit slots which I can't afford to waste. It is inconsequential anyways. Luck acts as a small buffer to minuscule crit rates, it isn't worth the work to implement.

Edited by General Archibald

Some spelling errors I noticed (some other people may have already noticed these, but still...)

FE4A_errors.png

The first box has the blue arrow outside the dialogue box.
The second box has the article "the" repeating twice.
The third box has "Caesar" misspelled as "Ceasar." [unless the latter spelling is a matter of personal preference]
The fourth and fifth boxes are missing a period (.) after the words "training" and "base," respectively. Furthermore, the fourth box has misspelled "you're" should be "your."
The sixth, eighth, ninth, and tenth boxes should have a comma (,) after the words "right," "happening," "savages," and "treasure," respectively.
The seventh box has "instill" misspelled as "instil."
The eleventh box has the following:
H
is Majesty...

Also, whenever Alec, Noish, and Arden are positioned around an enemy as such:

TriangleAttackerror.png

It gives the following error message:

Unsupported BIOS function 59 called from 03007f88. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour.

Other than that, I took enjoyment out of it. :awesome:

Edited by Tauro

Custom triangle attack failure much? What'd you do this time, Arch? XD

jk, ^but you sure did a thorough job of proofing it. Technically the 'your' mistake was not a spelling error but a misuse of the word. Sorry had to get technical

• 2 weeks later...

You know, Inui, if you really care that much and could find a way to give enemies luck without using a character slot, I bet Arc would be happy to give enemies luck. If not, well, you're out of luck (no pun intended).

Edited by Lightning

You know, Inui, if you really care that much and could find a way to give enemies luck without using a character slot, I bet Arc would be happy to give enemies luck. If not, well, you're out of luck (no pun intended).

Out of fortune.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I subscribed here because I wanted to tell you that I tried the remake, and find it awesome. I hope this will get finished some day. I have not played much to the pre GBA FE, because they don't appeal to me graphically, and your remake really makes me feel like playing the whole game. I wish I had some hacking skills to help you.

Seriously, I wish every FE game was remade in this GBA style. It would be awesome.

um FE2 & 5 would be the only games that don't have a remake yet. With SD &NM theres no need for a GBA remake of 1&3

For me there is... ;) It would be so much better to get a sort of compilation of FE1, FE3 and the BS games on one single GBA game ! The DS FE graphics and chara-designs suck.

Ok so while I enjoy Lunatic and MU you can worry about a GBA remake ;)

Edited by JosefLior

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so while I enjoy Lunatic and MU you can worry about a GBA remake ;)

An advantage would be building support concos and giving FEDS characters personalities in GBA style games.

Also I thought this hack was dead, great to know it's alive :)

• 4 months later...

Got really tired of being pestered about FE4A, so I decided to keep progress on the down-low. I figured now would be a good time to give an update, given the milestone that has been reached.

ch5-1.png

[spoiler=About 1 Minute Later]AlvisVsSigurd.png

I don't mind. Because destiny said so. :(

I found FE4 a little boring. But the GBA tilesets will sure give a little life to it, imo. :newyears:

:Arvis:

I hereby sentence you to death for your acts of treason. No visits to the king today, Sigurd.

If only.... oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt