Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Rowlet, if it stays Grass/Flying in its final evolution, will have these weaknesses/resists:

4x Weak to Ice

2x Weak to: Poison, Flying, Rock, Fire,

2x Resist to: Fighting, Water,

4x Resist to: Grass

Immunity to: Ground

With all weaknesses being common attacking moves, this thing better have a good stat spread and a great HA for it to be viable in a competitive environment...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The competitive viability of Rowlet better be good...

That's what's making me wary.

Weaknesses: fire, flying, poison, ice (x4), rock

Resistances: Water, grass (1/4), fighting

Immunities: Ground

Effective against: Water, ground, rock, grass, fighting, bug

Fire types and other flying types do them in, as well as that quad ice weakness meaning it can't take any form of ice damage. It's also risky to send it out against rock.

I feel like the flying type benefited from this more than the grass type, as electric types do neutral damage.

I don't think that what they showed of the region is the whole thing because it looks to me that the way it's zoomed in, it's like 50% zoomed in which is too close up considering how we can see a lot of the buildings and structure in great detail and their size proportions are pretty big with the size of the island.

Maybe multiple islands to travel to as part of the whole region? That would be pretty neat. (IGN 7/10 too much water)

Edited by carefreejules

The site has a few more details on the starters, plus some concept art:

Rowlet's Leafage move involves it shooting its' feathers.

Litten's hair stands up on end during certain attacks.

Popplio can snort bubbles and is shown H2Owning Rowlet.

I'm pissed already. Apparently America, Japan and Australia get it on Nov 18, while Europe has to wait till the 23rd. WHY DOES EUROPE ALWAYS GET THINGS AFTER EVERYONE ELSE?

Because Europe has a tight concentration of different countries, each with its own language.

Japan has Japanese and NA has English with a side of Spanglish and Frenglish (aka Canadian French and Mexican Spanish have their differences from pure French and Spanish).

The trailer is
AWESOME!

I'm so hyped. I'm loving Litten and Rowlet (it has a leaf bowtie!!!) and the Moon legendary has officially sold me. I'm definitely getting Moon.

And I LOVE the way the region looks. It's absolutely gorgeous.

It still follows the possibly coincidental themes of the starter trio.

Rowlet: A bird, thought to be descended from the dinosaurs

Litten: Tiger, from the Chinese Zodiac.

Popplio: A seal, something that lives an amphibious lifestyle

I kinda want to see a Grass Crocodile, a Fire Snake, and a seabird Water starter. Eventually, I'll take these 3 for now.

Well, as disappointed as I am, I decided that I hope Litten evolves into a cool tiger with the shiny form resembling a gorgeous white tiger. I'd be real happy with that!

Because Europe has a tight concentration of different countries, each with its own language.

Japan has Japanese and NA has English with a side of Spanglish and Frenglish (aka Canadian French and Mexican Spanish have their differences from pure French and Spanish).

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that the game comes with all the language options as default. Therefore this shouldn't be an issue, and if it is the issue, then as previous games have shown, it'd take a LOT more than five days. Fates took months to get from Japan to USA, and that's barely anything compared to Japan to Europe. Basically, it's less the fact that it's a delay and more that it's a really rather arbitrary delay of five days, which gives little to no actual reason for why it's delayed a whole total of five days.

Honestly, the starters at first weren't that good when I first looked at them, but after looking at them multiple times, they started growing on me. That and they're adorable! Mostly...Rowlet. It and Popplio are cute, but Litten kinda has that "tough but cute" thing going on (just like Sneasal/Weavile).

Now the legendaries...the Lion one looks pretty cool and the other one is...a work on the eyes. I'm not saying it's bad, but when I watched the trailer,it was kinda hard for my eyes to identify it(and it kinda hurt my eyes trying to stare at it). Although, it did remind me of Nightmare(that assist that blankens the screen in Smash 4) and Middo(I think that's his name, he's the final boss of Return to dreamland) from Kirby. It still does look cool, despite it's reveal hurting my eyes.

The trainers are looking good and I'm also happy people are pretty proportional and not chibi. Don't hate the Chibi look, just prefer this instead.

Now the region looks great...although I need to see more of it before I can say much else.

Actually that last part is for the whole game in-general. I need more info that we'll hopefully get in the near future! (...still crossing my fingers for a good, challenging difficulty and good post game content......a guy can hope...and dream...and pray......PLEASE GOD, LET IT HAPPEN!!!) ;3

....oh, and for which version...? Well, seeing how much of a night person I am, probably Moon. My mind may change, but Moon seems like the one I'm gonna get.

I usually go with a Water type starter during each run, but it looks the worst this time around in my opinion. I'm going with a Fire type this time.

Man, more people need to vote for Sun. :( So many more are voting for Moon. If a huge percentage of people get the same version and like 10% people get the other one, it'd be kind of hard to find players to trade with for version exclusives and all. Not saying this is what will happen (the poll is like 66% Moon and 33% Sun currently, not counting the undecided group), but it's possible with the way things are going in the poll now. And we all know the GTS is just about always full of crap. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I love how fast the Pokemon fandom is:

*snipped for size*

Looks like they've already started growing on people.

Looking at the starter's artwork on the official site has definitely helped me warm up to them.

I have a lisp so that automatically chose Moon for me before even seeing the legendaries. Poppolio might be the first water starter I skip unless it evolves into something cool. It takes the elements I hated about Oshawott and stretches them out. Ugh. Rowlet is legitimately cool as hell and I hope Litten becomes a tiger down the line.

Man, more people need to vote for Sun. :( So many more are voting for Moon. If a huge percentage of people get the same version and like 10% people get the other one, it'd be kind of hard to find players to trade with for version exclusives and all. Not saying this is what will happen (the poll is like 66% Moon and 33% Sun currently, not counting the undecided group), but it's possible with the way things are going in the poll now. And we all know the GTS is just about always full of crap. xP

I'll be getting both but not sure which I'll mostly play. But I do agree the GTS is terrible

If there isn't a third version, I'll pick Sun. Shiny Saberleomon is pretty awesome.

This is the first gen where I'm indifferent to every starter, but I'm not judging too hard until we see evolutions.

Legendaries confirm Sun for me. Something about the Moon one looks off to me, I think it follows the crescent shape too closely. The lion is pretty cool and basically a perfect fit.

What got me most excited this time around wasn't the pokemon, but everything else. The game looks great and the return of customization is an instant +50 from me.

I have a lisp so that automatically chose Moon for me before even seeing the legendaries.

I don't get what you mean here? What does having a lisp have to do with Pokemon?

I like lions way more than bats, even though I think both of these legendaries are boring and unoriginal as heck, and I like the sun more than the moon (I'm a bright sunshiny type person, ya know), so I'm still picking Sun for now...if I'm not repeatedly disappointed down the line.

Edited by Anacybele