Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

After buying Omega Ruby digitally, I've decided to not buy much digitally anymore. It's just too much of a hassle with space. Fates worked for me, but only because I bought an SD card big enough to hold it + a lot more along with it.

I... also just really like having the boxes.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the only thing that's a bitch abut living in Prague is the delivery times. I'm not getting my physical copy of Sun until Christmas. I also can't find any 3ds compatible SD cards.

You can generally use any kind of SDHC card, as long as it's been formatted before you use it. I have a 32GB SanDisc SDHC card in my regular 3DS, for example.

You might wanna call ahead of time, because I did hear some stores put them out before today and sold out. My store is in a super rural area, and had at least 2 of each out.

As for Digital, I wanted the extra eshop card money from the 50 to re-up my pokemon bank anyways so I could transfer everything. Since my area has no tax, I could have bought a 35 otherwise

Damnit I think I'll go Digital just to transfer my Y and AS pokemon to the Moon file. After all, I have to get the Pokemon Bank and get the annual suscription. And I was hoping the extra 10USD might be used for TMS#FE DLC :sob:

*rolls around with the Rowlet plush I already got :D:*

My friend also got all three plushies already. Also, physical because I don't really like going digital. I even prefer to buy CDs rather than download music. Only getting Sun because I don't have that much money to drop.

Edited by Sunwoo

Welp, I still can't deposit money on my 3DS for whatever reason, says my card just can't be used, in spite of me having used it before and having money on my account. Guess I'll have to wait those five extra days anyway unless I work something out.

Have you tried logging into your internet bank and enabling all purchases on your card? Maybe it doesn't consider the E-shop safe by default.

I had the same problem when I was trying to buy the Spirit of Justice DLC but it worked after I did that.

I never needed to do that before then though.

It is a relatively new card, but I've still used it to pay for games on both my European and Japanese 3DS, which is why I'm so confused.

I guess I could buy E-shop cards though, but I hope the ones I buy in my country can be used for a Japanese 3DS.

I don't think the E-shop cards you buy will work on a Japanese 3DS. I believe those are region locked as well.

Welp, time to use my silver tongue and debonaire charm to convince someone to use their card for me.

I'll pay back of course, I'm not a mooch.

Edit: oh, and thanks a lot for your input. I'll try contacting my bank to see what's up.

Edited by Thane

I'm buying my copy of Moon physical. Maybe it's old-fashioned of me, but I strongly prefer to get physical copies, and I only download games from the eShop when I have no other choice (the newer Ace Attorney games, Corpse Party, VC games, etc.)

I always buy physical when I can.

It makes me sad to see Nintendo push digital buys like with the DQ7 3DS theme.

I've heard this said: if a developer both develops and publishes a game physically, they get about 50%-60% of the money. Digital sales on their own proprietary platform, however, go pretty much entirely to them. It's in a company's best financial interests now to push for digital.

EDIT: And there isn't any place to discuss playthroughs of older games... Threads on older games aren't very active at all. I was also the last person to post in the Sinnoh remake thread I made, so I can't double post. I can't do Let's Plays either, as I lack the proper tools for it.

Kinda late to this but I know how it feels. same thing happened to the Mobius FF thread I created a week ago and nobody was interested beside one or two. I even got warned for double posting by an evil Exeggutor Dragon Hammer :P: ! So we just have to sit in a corner and cry in teh shadowz.

I've heard this said: if a developer both develops and publishes a game physically, they get about 50%-60% of the money. Digital sales on their own proprietary platform, however, go pretty much entirely to them. It's in a company's best financial interests now to push for digital.

Yeah, digital is all the way more convenient, since you have to deal with shipping and taxes costs, asides from dealing with retail shops. But I think they'll still stick to the cartridges with Pokemon, due to the amount of merchandise they can add to their sales. After all, afaik, Pokemon merchandise sells really well.

Edit: not to mention the amount of people here buying plushes

Edited by Quintessence

Well, just my luck. xP I go into GameStop to see if they had the Sun/Moon plushies or other cool Sun/Moon stuff, and they were stocked full of them! My Pokemon Center order already shipped, so I couldn't cancel it. Oh well, at least I'll get Popplio at all. :P

Man, I had an epic dream where I visited...some place or other, and found a magazine awaiting release containing a BUTTLOAD of new Sun/Moon images, including some new Pokemon the demo had left in. I even took pictures of it, though oddly, I was caught in my dream...XD

I swear, less than three weeks before the games come out, but it gets harder and harder to wait with each day.

Man, I had an epic dream where I visited...some place or other, and found a magazine awaiting release containing a BUTTLOAD of new Sun/Moon images, including some new Pokemon the demo had left in. I even took pictures of it, though oddly, I was caught in my dream...XD

I swear, less than three weeks before the games come out, but it gets harder and harder to wait with each day.

I've had several dreams where I've had a Nu3DS XL and thought- in those dreams -"boy I'm glad this isn't a dream".

:(

Huh, my dream self more often than not DOES know my dreams are dreams. And once or twice, I was trying to wake up from it and couldn't for awhile (they weren't really bad dreams or nightmares, just not dreams I wanted to have, I guess). I did eventually of course, but it was still crazy. It was like I had Darkrai in there and Cresselia eventually helped me. lol

I haven't dreamed about anything Sun/Moon related though, I don't think.

Here's a fun little detail that people discovered:

*snip*

Yup, it's not fake apparently.

Hah hah hah.

Saw that right after the demo released, but still funny.

Anyways, dataminers have found out that Sun and Moon have three levels of encryption. They broke through two of them easily enough, but the third... well, the odds of them getting in are quite literally astronomical (I never use "literally" ironically).

It's protected by a 128 integer password.

It's protected by a 128 integer password.

Is there any way to tell if there's a lot behind that password? Maybe the Totem Pokemon sprites are among them. I womder if there is any way to fond out the version exclusive Pokemon through the demo datamining, probably not.

And 128....that's a lot.

I don't think we're getting that information before the game's release.

Is there any way to tell if there's a lot behind that password? Maybe the Totem Pokemon sprites are among them. I womder if there is any way to fond out the version exclusive Pokemon through the demo datamining, probably not.

And 128....that's a lot.

I don't think we're getting that information before the game's release.

Even if's only the digits 0-9, it's some combination of 128 of them, meaning that there's 890,000,000,000,000,000,000 (890 quintillion) possiblities.

128 integers.

Well shit, surprised they didn't do that for the demo in the first place and went "Checkmate hackers". And the spin's pretty neat. Probably do that in the full game.