Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'm hyped for a Shiny Imposter Ditto to Memento itself to oblivion on me. It's going to happen, I just know it.

2Q78cX.jpg

It crashes the game now when used at the facilities.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you use a pokemon that has momento while sos chaining ditto, though?

It makes the Dittos kill themselves, meaning you can just spam A/L on Adrenaline Orbs and it'll automatically go through the chain. The first Ditto transforms into something with Recycle (And Payday, if you want Money), then you Switcheroo/Trick a Leppy Berry onto it.

But once the Dittos have Imposter, it gets scary since if a Shiny one appears, you're not getting it.

Also, fyi, people are chaining them for getting 6iv Dittos, not shinies.

Edited by Emerson

It makes the Dittos kill themselves, meaning you can just spam A/L on Adrenaline Orbs and it'll automatically go through the chain. The first Ditto transforms into something with Recycle (And Payday, if you want Money), then you Switcheroo/Trick a Leppy Berry onto it.

But once the Dittos have Imposter, it gets scary since if a Shiny one appears, you're not getting it.

Also, fyi, people are chaining them for getting 6iv Dittos, not shinies.

Do you mean 4iv? Sos chain stops at 4 iv

Also, imo just having a pokemon that can one shot the ditto is way better than letting them kill themselves with momento. The added amount of effort needed is minimal and you don't run the risk of finding a shiny ditto and it killing itself

Edited by Ninguém

Beat the game Breed/Hatch 20 eggs, go to the battle tree area. Talk to the guy standing next to the facility/pc box. He will give you the capability of checking your IV's.

Also, breeding for all perfect IV's might take a long time. Since one IV will always be randomized at best. I'd suggest you decide which stat is not that necessary, and then be content with only 5 perfect IV's in the stats that really matter...

BTW, chaining dittos will guarantee 4 Best IV's after ~50 kills. I think SOS chaining maxes out at 4 Best Iv's. If you catch 2 and they have 2 different Best IV's, then you will easily be able to make 5 IV parents, and the rest is just looking for the correct nature.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah sounds like I don't want perfect IVs lol. Forgot there was that maximum

Also, imo just having a pokemon that can one shot the ditto is way better than letting them kill themselves with momento. The added amount of effort needed is minimal and you don't run the risk of finding a shiny ditto and it killing itself

Yeah, see, that's what confuses me actually.

People keep saying you can get 6iv Dittos with the method. Am I just misinformed?

(Reading the above post's quote, it seems to me we're essentially chain breeding IVs. So 2 4iv Dittos -> Breed onto mon -> breed onto that mon's offspring -> 1 5iv offspring. Guess that makes sense.)

Also, the method doesn't use your PP, and the Ditto has Recycle/Leppa Berry. So you can go indefinitely and not have to waste Elixer/Ethers/Leppa Berries. You just have to mash A/L.

Edited by Emerson

I got lucky and found a shiny ditto when i stopped the memento chain. I wanted to catch an impostor with 4 good iv's, so I stopped it like an hour after chaining and found a shiny like 2 or 3 kills after. It wasn't an impostor though.

But yeah if you want a shiny impostor, just don't risk it and do it manually. Just have like a snorlax or something high level with high HP with the only attacking move(s) being seismic toss/holdback or something.

Edited by SlayerX

A Trevenant left the Poké Pelago...why...why didst thou betray me? I thought thou wanted beans for life.

I've begun EV training my Nihilego at last. It's one of my favorite Pokémon ever, but I've refrained from using it because I simply didn't know what I wanted to do with it. So, I just went with what my heart and put it on the course of becoming a fast special sweeper, just like almost every other poke in my collection. Seriously, if you guys want to beat me, just bring a Steel type and some bulk and I'll be unable to do a thing.

I'm in about the same part of the game as you. How did you get mimikyu?

Wonder Trade.

I feel bad, I gave them a kinda trash mon. I at least staple items onto the Pokemon if I can't give out something decent. Usually a healing item.

Wonder Trade.

I feel bad, I gave them a kinda trash mon. I at least staple items onto the Pokemon if I can't give out something decent. Usually a healing item.

oh, ok, I was just wondering if I had missed it.

Edited by Ninguém

A Trevenant left the Poké Pelago...why...why didst thou betray me? I thought thou wanted beans for life.

I've begun EV training my Nihilego at last. It's one of my favorite Pokémon ever, but I've refrained from using it because I simply didn't know what I wanted to do with it. So, I just went with what my heart and put it on the course of becoming a fast special sweeper, just like almost every other poke in my collection. Seriously, if you guys want to beat me, just bring a Steel type and some bulk and I'll be unable to do a thing.

So I'm going to assume you've kinda switched on catching Ultra Beasts?

I can't wait to start getting them myself. They all seem cool, especially Celesteela.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that if you have beans in the crate prior to midnight when a wild Pokemon is on your island, it guarantees a recruit. It worked when I wanted a shiny Rufflet to stay (and the Emolga it came with also stayed). But even if it's true, it's probably not foolproof, as one time I had three wild Pokemon on my island, and only two of them stayed while a new wild Pokemon had come to replace the one that didn't stay.

But it's worth a try, right?

So I'm going to assume you've kinda switched on catching Ultra Beasts?

I can't wait to start getting them myself. They all seem cool, especially Celesteela.

I always loved the design, which is especially creepy to me because of a minor phobia of sea creatures, jellyfish and mantas in particular. The thing about catching Ultra Beasts is that it was all dependent on how they were handled in the story, and since they took this route, yeah, I'm okay with catching them - I still think more exciting things could've been done if that were not the case, however. I will fully admit that I exaggerated when I heard about them being catchable though.

Celesteela is apparently the heaviest known Pokémon. That's pretty freaky. In fact, I believe all the Ultra Beasts break some sort of record or have rare type combos or whatever, which I think suits them well.

Come oooon Ice/Bug Ultra Beast!

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that if you have beans in the crate prior to midnight when a wild Pokemon is on your island, it guarantees a recruit. It worked when I wanted a shiny Rufflet to stay (and the Emolga it came with also stayed). But even if it's true, it's probably not foolproof, as one time I had three wild Pokemon on my island, and only two of them stayed while a new wild Pokemon had come to replace the one that didn't stay.

But it's worth a try, right?

Gosh darn it, it's a moocher, is it? I thought it just increased the chances of them actually getting there, not staying.

Thanks for the advice, buddy, I appreciate it.

Celesteela is apparently the heaviest known Pokémon. That's pretty freaky. In fact, I believe all the Ultra Beasts break some sort of record or have rare type combos or whatever, which I think suits them well.

Heaviest and Tallest, I believe. Unless Groudon is taller.

I always loved the design, which is especially creepy to me because of a minor phobia of sea creatures, jellyfish and mantas in particular. The thing about catching Ultra Beasts is that it was all dependent on how they were handled in the story, and since they took this route, yeah, I'm okay with catching them - I still think more exciting things could've been done if that were not the case, however. I will fully admit that I exaggerated when I heard about them being catchable though.

Come oooon Ice/Bug Ultra Beast!

Honestly I'm just really pleased they all look so interesting. Celesteela peaked my interest and was the reason I bought Moon. I love that thing. Nihilego is cute too, I kinda wanna poke it.

Heaviest and Tallest, I believe. Unless Groudon is taller.

The only things taller then it are Megas... and Alolan Exeggutor. Oh, and I guess Wailord.

If we're talking about heights, here's a height chart I found for the all the Alolan Pokémon. Link for zoom.

[spoiler=Too big for Smash]0L0wy7c.jpg

I particularly like the fact that Pyukumuku is on the tip of Celesteela's head. Kartana is between Celesteela and Solgaleo if you can't find it.

Edited by Lightchao42

Pokemon Moon

GMsiJP.jpgXZ7STH.jpg

Fig8Nr.jpg

LdcMCa.jpgVd0Q2K.jpg

ZtdH1k.jpg

Bullet Seed is never a mistake.

4RXNcP.jpgaU1Jg4.jpg

BNUdrO.jpg

Named after an enemy in Mother 1 of Juana's cousin.

yQbasg.jpguBYuuX.jpg

RC7UHT.jpg

6LgwDg.jpgYyqzbf.jpg

o0isgg.jpg

Most went into HP for the better bulk and bettering the Leftovers recovery.

zOHgh5.jpg2ooynV.jpg

IRyPUL.jpg

The Este Lauter is now ready for action.

nDgLsI.jpg4LRUjy.jpg

W25Fjh.jpg

Needed for mixed attacker.

Pokemon Sun

hYq1g1.jpgT4gj5f.jpg

H6699q.jpg

My favorite NU.

Mbmkey.jpgEQW6kx.jpgZw7uwg.jpg

Needed for Baton Passing.

ogOwza.jpgNWE859.jpgAUtyPs.jpg

Needed for a mixed attacker.

SAa6ow.jpgMpui6Z.jpg

hGwlHO.jpg

Needed for leftover and Aqua Ring stacking.

l3PsZ2.jpgxEUcqQ.jpg

Flelxs.jpg

*Giggle*

He's ready for a brawl.

nW1DKk.jpgHIZLt9.jpg

9aWzpV.jpg

Named after

ngQOcl.gif

this foe. If it were a boy...it'd be named Porky.

vp9Bqa.jpguelZbU.jpg

qffDCu.jpg

of8qlv.gif

My UFO.

RE-EDITED (2nd time) 5:38PM: I had posted this too early for pushing the wrong button. -.-

Just need to get a Bounsweet after going on the third Isle to get Rosalia for Grass Whistle.

Edited by PuffPuff

It's actually tied with Cosmoem.

...Yeah.

It's actually tied with Cosmoem.

...Yeah.

There might actually be a good reason as for why Cosmoem is heavy.

You see Cosmoem might be based of Neutron Stars which are smallest and densest stars known to exist.

Also I've seen calculations of Cosmoem's height and weight and it shows that it's one of densest Pokemon out there.

If you add someone on FC and they have Sun/Moon but you haven't really done anything with them, will they still show up in the Festival Plaza?

ALSO is there any way to get that poor Stufful left in that motel room? I'm getting Hachiko vibes from it and that doesn't make me too happy.