Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine, I ended up getting a Litten later by trading the most valuable Pokemon of them all, Castform.

You couldn't find anyone trading a Litten for something more reasonable?

I got mine by trading a Rowlet I bred once I got Ditto.

Also, Weavile is, in my experience, the most sought-after pokemon. I got all the tapus, the two sun-exclusives UBs and Solgaleo from Weaviles. Though I found 8 razor claws but never found a single Castform in the wild. But I guess the fact that you can breed Castform, but not easily multiply Razor Claws may be why Weavile seems more valuable on the GTS.

I've got my other two starters by playing the other version then deleting one of the files after transferring it to my other game to get the third one.

EDIT: Still need to finish breeding Rosalia then Comfey for my Bounsweet. Getting her this set...

Bonsweet

Ability: Queen Majesty

Nature: Jolly

Held Item: Shell Bell

-----

-Grass Whistle

-Play Rough

-High Jump Kick

-Meditate/Safeguard

EV's

-252 Attk

-252 Speed

-6HP

Edited by PuffPuff

You couldn't find anyone trading a Litten for something more reasonable?

I got mine by trading a Rowlet I bred once I got Ditto.

Also, Weavile is, in my experience, the most sought-after pokemon. I got all the tapus, the two sun-exclusives UBs and Solgaleo from Weaviles. Though I found 8 razor claws but never found a single Castform in the wild. But I guess the fact that you can breed Castform, but not easily multiply Razor Claws may be why Weavile seems more valuable on the GTS.

I bred like 20 of them, so I could trade you one if you want.

There are definitely more sought after Pokemon, but it's just hilarious to me that a completely useless Pokemon (Castform) is so sought after.

Even though Castform has one of the biggest selections of all time...

Here are my sets for mine...

xew6Gt.jpgnw5tyJ.jpgg6XGrZ.jpg

Rain Form

-Thunder

-Rain Dance

-Double Team

-Surf

Sunny Form

-Sunny Day

-Solar Beam

-Fire Blast

-Double Team

Hail Form

-Hail

-Blizzard

-Thunder

-Double Team

Can actually alternate it's forms more easily now that the TM's are infinite for use. It's stats aren't actually all that bad if for the right investment.

-----

f1jGnz.png
*Giggling*

wdVfe6.jpg
fgqVRd.jpg

One of my several Pokemon claims. *Hides*
---The absolutely worthless Pokemon are...---
-Unown
Because all they can use is Hidden Power and will get walled by many. Even with a Choice Specs.
Male Combees and Male Sandlits
-Can't evolve
-Zen Mode Darmitan
Their tiers are limbo because you cannot make them any good whatsoever. Not even with favoritism.
Edited by PuffPuff

So I finally went ahead and bothered beating the league. Was procrastinating doing that since I wanted Vulpix with Freeze-dry in my main team, but she ended up doing absolutely nothing due being about 20 levels below the rest of the team by the end. What's more embarrassing however, is that I forgot to nickname said Vulpix and now Hall of Fame simply records her as "Ninetales" (used Ice Stone just before the last fight). I also forgot to have Marowak learn his Ghost STAB.

Interestingly, after spending much of the game with an overleveled team thanks to Exp.Share, suddenly I was only couple levels ahead when I got to the League (not counting said Ninetales).

Also, I ran out of money while flying around Alola buying all the TMs I missed lol

Here's something interesting that I found, a theoretical tree of life graph of the Pokemon world:
Click on the image itself if you want to see a bigger version.

That's really cool! (Small nitpick though: I'm not sure ghosts should be given their own branch like that. It would make more sense to have them be separate akin to the artificial species. Then again, they can breed and hatch from eggs...)

No complaints since it saves you trouble to having to grind some at the end of the game.

It's still easy after skipping the trainers and just going on straight through the plot. Cuz, faster levelling due to being underlevelled gets you more EXP than usual.

Edited by PuffPuff

Welp I got the box legendary last night.

It's named Nebby. I dunno, I just couldn't bring myself to name it anything different. Is that normal?

Far as I can tell, yeah, most people name it that.

Personally, I feel it's kinda disrespectful to Lillie to name it anything else. Yeah, she's a fictional character, but she makes you care for her!

Tbh i have a friend who renamed it based on semantics. "Cozzy not Nebby." I got a bit mad.

That being said, almost done with the main story. I kinda don't want it to end.

I bred like 20 of them, so I could trade you one if you want.

There are definitely more sought after Pokemon, but it's just hilarious to me that a completely useless Pokemon (Castform) is so sought after.

Oh I traded one a while back (IIRC I got it for an Oranguru), but thanks for the offer.

And I had the same thought when I was getting Scizor and Lucario in exchange for Castform. At least Weavile is a good pokemon.

Welp I got the box legendary last night.

It's named Nebby. I dunno, I just couldn't bring myself to name it anything different. Is that normal?

Same. I think it's a pretty cute name though, so that helped.

Yeah Nebby is a cute name.

I'll probably keep the second Cosmog and name it something different.

I named it New Nebby.

I was thinking Better Nebby since it was actually a good nature, but I decided against it.

I had no idea Castform was so wanted.

Oh, I'm on Poni Island. I couldn't sleep last night so I got there.

I already knew ahead of time Lusamine wasn't a good person, but I didn't see any of the dialogue so it still came to me as a surprise how damn harsh she was. "I have no children" kinda stung.

I also didn't expect the Aether Foundation grunts to have that theme. It seems more fitting for an Ultra Beast imo...

Very, very normal.

I ended up naming Solgaleo "Voltron" and Lunala "Tsukuyomi." While I like Lillie, I wasn't really that attached to Nebby, so I didn't end up keeping that nickname.

I'm curious, why Voltron?

Far as I can tell, yeah, most people name it that.

Personally, I feel it's kinda disrespectful to Lillie to name it anything else. Yeah, she's a fictional character, but she makes you care for her!

I just don't name anything in general.

Also, I cared about Lillie at first, but now that I think about it I feel like the game is trying too hard to make me care about her. It's one of the fastest ways to make me not care about a character.

I named it New Nebby.

I was thinking Better Nebby since it was actually a good nature, but I decided against it.

Geez that's kinda slightly cruel.

But it's also hilarious.

Anyway I beat the main story.

Uh wow. I wasn't expecting a final boss to be that hard. I'm pleasantly surprised though. Since I have homebrew I've been uploading screenshots, so time to sort them and then put some more up.

Might have cried at the final picture with Lillie and Nebby.

Team at the end:

Primarina, Salazzle, Arcanine, Lycanroc Midnight, Tsareena, and Lunala

I only started caring for lillie towards the end... and then she left and stopped having character development, so i stopped caring much about her. I hated her interactions with Nebby, and the whole struggle with Nebby getting out of the damn bag and getting lost and lillie getting in trouble for it. I just didn't care much for that type of personality, it got really annoying that she always got in trouble and then expected to survive without using pokemon. Yeah sure you'll protect nebby >_>. What happened after Lusamine and shit was a nice shift though. So her character growth is really nice i guess.

Edited by SlayerX

Blargh. I hate how rare Politoed is. And how even rarer it is to have with a King's Rock.

Compound Eyes Butterfree.

If your not catching it, give Thief to Butterfree for it being one of the best to obtain attached items.

Edited by PuffPuff