Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'm curious, why Voltron?

Because Solgaleo is a metal lion, pretty much. And also that psychic bond stuff they added in the new Voltron (or at least I think they added, I haven't seen the original Voltron dub in years).

Also, I cared about Lillie at first, but now that I think about it I feel like the game is trying too hard to make me care about her. It's one of the fastest ways to make me not care about a character.

I had the same problem, at least early on. There were so many forced interactions between her and the player character, but those interactions were also almost completely devoid of any personality on Lillie's part. I only really started liking her during and after the events of Aether Paradise, when she started acting like an actual character instead of a plot device.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Lillie and Gladion would've done better to be combined as one character. Lillie is relatively stagnant only to make one big jump in character growth after the events of Aether Paradise, and Gladion just jumps around a lot and -outside of becoming less antagonistic towards the player- is a pretty flat character overall.

N still beats them in my book, hands down.

O5OSO3.jpgOZRxU7.jpg

MT0ooH.jpgJmoGW6.jpg

I think I've outdone myself.

This is wonderful. This secondary personality is what I wanted with it. "Likes To Fight". Time to get one more from my other game and hopefully a Shiny one with the Juuichi Masuda method.

Edited by PuffPuff

I find it interesting that thy main villain of this game and Lysandre are perfect foils for each other, which doesn't happen in terms of series villains(bar Maxie and Archie) who aren't stoic, cold sociopaths.

Though Guzma and Giovanni are good foils too, though thats with their team organizations and less with themselves.

To me, Lillie and Gladion would've done better to be combined as one character. Lillie is relatively stagnant only to make one big jump in character growth after the events of Aether Paradise, and Gladion just jumps around a lot and -outside of becoming less antagonistic towards the player- is a pretty flat character overall.

N was still the superior character to me, but Lillie is high up there in terms of character development. That hasn't changed.

N was still the superior character to me, but Lillie is high up there in terms of character development. That hasn't changed.

I think Lillie's Character was so shallow for such a big portion of the game, that it really is no surprise she had such a big change near the end of the game. I mean it was really easy, just have her change her almost non-existent personality.

[spoiler=Ultra Beasts and legendary Pokémon]So I just heard all Ultra Beasts, Cosmog, Cosmoem and the legendaries, Necrozma included, all have a metallic sound in their cries and learn skills only on prime numbers save for level one. That's pretty neat, I wonder if that means they're all Ultra Beasts and that Sungaleo, Lunala and Necrozma just left Ultra Space so long ago that they've gotten used to the climate and gotten rid of that energy that comes from the Wormholes.

I hope that means Necrozma will play a more important role in an upcoming game, or at least gets shown some kind of love in the same way Zygarde did, but story importance would be preferable.

[spoiler=Ultra Beasts and legendary Pokémon]So I just heard all Ultra Beasts, Cosmog, Cosmoem and the legendaries, Necrozma included, all have a metallic sound in their cries and learn skills only on prime numbers save for level one. That's pretty neat, I wonder if that means they're all Ultra Beasts and that Sungaleo, Lunala and Necrozma just left Ultra Space so long ago that they've gotten used to the climate and gotten rid of that energy that comes from the Wormholes.

I hope that means Necrozma will play a more important role in an upcoming game, or at least gets shown some kind of love in the same way Zygarde did, but story importance would be preferable.

That wouldn't surprise me.

At least with Necrozma. I mean, look at the thing!

8wJ5VvW.png

sMqYDkB.png

It's pretty bizarre looking even if not an UB, especially among legendaries we've gotten. Plus the way it attacks (it looks like it's having the worst migraine of its life) and the fact if you pet it in the wrong spot it freezes you...

That wouldn't surprise me.

At least with Necrozma. I mean, look at the thing!

8wJ5VvW.png

sMqYDkB.png

It's pretty bizarre looking even if not an UB, especially among legendaries we've gotten. Plus the way it attacks (it looks like it's having the worst migraine of its life) and the fact if you pet it in the wrong spot it freezes you...

Yeah, I sure hope so. Something just feels missing and wrong with it, although that might just be the nature of Ultra Beasts as a whole, or the lack of importance it has in the story, but it's why I want to see more of it. The fact that it's only Psychic type whereas Solgaleo and Lunala are Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost respectively makes me think it might get an additional typing somewhere down the line.

So far...no luck yet.

Over 200 eggs hatched. I'm on a hunt for a shiny Bounsweet(Hatching for the egg moves). Ribonbee(S.O.S) and Toucannon(S.O.S) because they all look extremely good and it's just a matter of S.O.S chaining to get the other two which you can usually find after about approximently 500 chains at the very most since the odds increases more the longer your chains last.

Edited by PuffPuff

I had the same problem, at least early on. There were so many forced interactions between her and the player character, but those interactions were also almost completely devoid of any personality on Lillie's part. I only really started liking her during and after the events of Aether Paradise, when she started acting like an actual character instead of a plot device.

The problem with Lillie, at least early on, is that she seems to be there just to make the player feel important in needing to protect her. She's got the guts to be able to flee from Lusamine with Cosmog to protect it for sure, but once she does that it seems like she relies on you, the player, to actually do stuff because she's not a trainer. Her character development is nice, but at times it still feels like the game is trying to endear her too much to us, to make sure that we REALLY like her.

Although the XY rivals weren't super interesting and all of them needed more personality, I did like that they weren't forced down my throat. They weren't following me around all the time, unlike Lillie who's always just there with so many cutscenes.

RCrPS7.png

This should be the new Ho-Oh.

It's beak is in that of Ho-Oh's feathers. It'll be a even easier task since the odds are only 4096 and only about 500 with the Masuda method.

RCrPS7.png

This should be the new Ho-Oh.

It's beak is in that of Ho-Oh's feathers. It'll be a even easier task since the odds are only 4096 and only about 500 with the Masuda method.

Have you tried finishing the pokedex? If you do, the game will give you an item that increases your odds of a shiny by like 2.

N is one of my favorite characters, hands down. Much as I like Alola, nothing in the story could give rise to someone as interesting as him.

So far...no luck yet.

Over 200 eggs hatched. I'm on a hunt for a shiny Bounsweet(Hatching for the egg moves). Ribonbee(S.O.S) and Toucannon(S.O.S) because they all look extremely good and it's just a matter of S.O.S chaining to get the other two which you can usually find after about approximently 500 chains at the very most since the odds increases more the longer your chains last.

If you go far enough into the game, Ribonbee shows up as a wild Pokemon without SOS.

N is one of my favorite characters, hands down. Much as I like Alola, nothing in the story could give rise to someone as interesting as him.

If you go far enough into the game, Ribonbee shows up as a wild Pokemon without SOS.

Thanks.

Must be one of those like the Red Gyarados encounter.

@Slayer X

Not that I ever complete the Pokedex which is impossible now until next month.

Edited by PuffPuff

The problem with Lillie, at least early on, is that she seems to be there just to make the player feel important in needing to protect her. She's got the guts to be able to flee from Lusamine with Cosmog to protect it for sure, but once she does that it seems like she relies on you, the player, to actually do stuff because she's not a trainer. Her character development is nice, but at times it still feels like the game is trying to endear her too much to us, to make sure that we REALLY like her.

Although the XY rivals weren't super interesting and all of them needed more personality, I did like that they weren't forced down my throat. They weren't following me around all the time, unlike Lillie who's always just there with so many cutscenes.

While Lillie does seems to be overly fragile in the beginning of the game, and it does seem like the games focus too much on her fragility at times, it actually becomes rather interesting when you compare Lillie's personality at the beginning of the game to the way she was probably raised.

To me, it always seemed like Lillie wasn't used to the "freedom" she had recently "obtained" for a lack of better word, it seemed like that the reason she was relying on the player character a lot it's because she was probably used to someone telling her what do all the time. Considering the way Lusamine raised her, it's obvious that making her own decisions was something completely new to Lillie.

Speaking of Lusamine's relationships with her children, it seems that Lillie and Gladion are the two different results of what can happen to a child with a overly controlling parent.

They either become completely lost without their parent telling them what to do, like Lillie, or they try too hard to rebel and become something that their controlling parent hates, like Gladion.

It's really quite fascinating how Lillie's and Gladion's personalities are so different and yet realistic when you consider the type of upbringing they both had.

While Lillie does seems to be overly fragile in the beginning of the game, and it does seem like the games focus too much on her fragility at times, it actually becomes rather interesting when you compare Lillie's personality at the beginning of the game to the way she was probably raised.

To me, it always seemed like Lillie wasn't used to the "freedom" she had recently "obtained" for a lack of better word, it seemed like that the reason she was relying on the player character a lot it's because she was probably used to someone telling her what do all the time. Considering the way Lusamine raised her, it's obvious that making her own decisions was something completely new to Lillie.

Speaking of Lusamine's relationships with her children, it seems that Lillie and Gladion are the two different results of what can happen to a child with a overly controlling parent.

They either become completely lost without their parent telling them what to do, like Lillie, or they try too hard to rebel and become something that their controlling parent hates, like Gladion.

It's really quite fascinating how Lillie's and Gladion's personalities are so different and yet realistic when you consider the type of upbringing they both had.

I agree that the way Lillie and Gladion's personalities are written come off as pretty realistic and it's not bad in of itself. But like how certain people IRL will bother me with their personalities, having a realistic personality doesn't mean that I'll like it even if it makes perfect sense in context. Actually, a lot of personality types bug me IRL, so lol.

15 out of the 16 Myerr's Briggs types, right?

Seriously though, I've been doing the Battle Tree lately and the allstar team of Ash-Greninja/Alolan Marowak/Celesteela (the first two being suggested to me by Knife) is doing fantastic. Ash-Greninja in itself is kind of a ridiculous lead with Waterium Z (and after it KO's, its stats get boosted which making sweeping even easier, and the fact that it already comes with great IV's and you don't need to EV train it is a serious boon. Alolan Marowak covers its weaknesses and has pretty good bulk, which lets it take a few hits and dish them right back with that T H I C C CLUB. It also helps that it has Lightning Rod, so it can switch into a lot of the relevant attacks that Greninja is weak too. Celesteela has immunity to Earthquake and covers types that the first two aren't perfect against (although in retrospect, it'd have done better with an Electric move over Flamethrower), and having a really good wall is well uh...really helpful.

Ash-Greninja in itself is kind of a ridiculous lead with Waterium Z (and after it KO's, its stats get boosted which making sweeping even easier, and the fact that it already comes with great IV's and you don't need to EV train it is a serious boon

You don't need to EV train Ash's Greninja? It already comes EV trained?

If that's so, then you just saved a lot of my time haha

You don't need to EV train Ash's Greninja? It already comes EV trained?

If that's so, then you just saved a lot of my time haha

Ev's are full in speed and then split 50/50 in Att and spA

Not liking how convoluted it is to get necessary evolution items. (Namely King's Rock and Razor Claw)

you can buy King's rock in the battle tree, according to Serebii... Razor claw is a shit to get though. Rare item on a rare pokemon in a high level area (so you have to level up a Butterfree sufficiently to reliably use thief+compound eyes method)... why Gamefreak, why....

Oh yeah funny story about last night kinda.

So I was going out to capture Guzzlord. I kind of got lost on the way there and ended up in the Battle Tree. Most of my Pokemon were ko'd besides Nebby and I believe my Type: Null. Green and Red come walking up and I go "it's okay I'll just say no to fighting them." Only to be forced into fighting one of them. I still beat Green, but at the time I was angry. Dammit man.

Also unsure if this was talked about but anyone have a particular trial captain or kahuna they liked?