Rezzy

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rezzy, your Cubs just won the World Series too, how about that? :o

We can both celebrate a team winning a championship, isn't that cool? (My Penguins won the Stanley Cup in June!)

Class? Base stats? Inventory?

Congratulations! Hope you feel better soon.

Well, I can say she has incredible Luck, for sure.

Did you pass down any good skills? Galeforce?

In all seriousness, I am glad to hear it went well.

Aptitude, for sure, and I think she's got Rally, considering the Cubs won the World Series right after she was born.

Hey Rezzy, your Cubs just won the World Series too, how about that? :o

We can both celebrate a team winning a championship, isn't that cool? (My Penguins won the Stanley Cup in June!)

Indeed, it was a very eventful day for us. Est has perfect timing. And keeping with her name, she comes right at the end of the baseball season.

Congrats to your penguins. I've had some of my other Chicago teams go all the way in my lifetime, but I've always been mostly a baseball fan, so this is the one I've always really wanted.

Est being born right before the Cubs winning can only mean one thing: She totally belongs in the arena, where she can put her skills and her money to work! :P:

How are you and your husband holding up?

Congratulations! Glad to see that you both seem to be fine.

I hope Leo's feeling well too, now that he's no longer the only center of attention. ;)

Indeed, it was a very eventful day for us. Est has perfect timing. And keeping with her name, she comes right at the end of the baseball season.

Congrats to your penguins. I've had some of my other Chicago teams go all the way in my lifetime, but I've always been mostly a baseball fan, so this is the one I've always really wanted.

I'll say! And I'm unfortunately not as big on baseball as you, I'm much more of an NFL football fan and to a lesser extent, NHL hockey fan. I don't watch much regular season hockey, but playoff hockey is pretty exciting and it was awesome watching the Penguins win it all the first time I actually seriously followed a playoff series! They actually won it exactly seven years to the day after their previous championship (June 12th, 09 they won, and now June 12th, 2016 they won it).

But I do still go Pirates for baseball since it's the Pittsburgh team. And ironically, a Pirates game is the only one of the three I've actually gone to before in person. Though it was when I was little and hadn't yet decided which I liked best. These days I kind of avoid it all together because of sensitive hearing. I cheer all Pitt teams just like you cheer Chicago teams though. You must from Chicago or near it, I guess? I'm from right in Pittsburgh. :P

Congrats, dude!

Growths rates ? Base stats ? Was the paralogue difficult ?

I missed something, is her First Name Est or Esther ? Both are very nice though. Est means Is or East in French and Italian (where the sun raises by the way), and its FE archetype is great for a baby, frail at first, but grows into a strong person and Esther means Star and is close to Ether/Aether that is the personification of the upper sky in Greek mythology. Great names for a FE fan

Congrats, dude!

I missed something, is her First Name Est or Esther ? Both are very nice though. Est means Is or East in French and Italian (where the sun raises by the way), and its FE archetype is great for a baby, frail at first, but grows into a strong person and Esther means Star and is close to Ether/Aether that is the personification of the upper sky in Greek mythology. Great names for a FE fan

It's Esther. I guess I'm the only person that doesn't like the name at all.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, November 4, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 4, 2016 - No reason given

Sorry for the double post, this hotel internet is not that great.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope recovery is going well!

What were her stats?! Or is that private? :)

Thanks, well, her stats came out like so...

HP: 10 Very low, but as long is it's not Fates, she should be able to build this up

Strength: 1 She will get weighed down by just about everything until she gets this to level up a few times

Magic: 20 She was born in the midst of a storm, tornadoes and everything. I think it was the same storm system that caused the rain delay for the World Series. She should make a great mage.

Skill: 1 par for the course, but she's not very coordinated yet

Speed: 5 Decent for her level. She's fast enough to poop twice in one round.

Luck: 30 She was born right before the Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.

Defense: 1 I'll have to keep her away from attacks until she's able to level up a bit

Resistance: 3 Still a bit low until her immune system develops, but she's off to a good start with her breast milk and vaccinations

Weapon Proficiencies: I'm not sure. She hasn't been able to wield anything yet. She does have a breath weapon and spit up attack with unlimited uses. With her high Magic stat, I think she might do well as a mage, but she had no idea what to do with one of Leo's tomes when I gave it to her. I think Dr Seuss might be D rank, though.

Silliness aside, she was 6lbs 13oz and 19in long.

Est being born right before the Cubs winning can only mean one thing: She totally belongs in the arena, where she can put her skills and her money to work! :P:

How are you and your husband holding up?

We're doing well. I think after a couple months in the Deep Realm, she should be ready for the Arena. I'll play on Casual mode, though, since I don't want my baby getting hurt.

Congratulations! Glad to see that you both seem to be fine.

I hope Leo's feeling well too, now that he's no longer the only center of attention. ;)

Leo's doing well. He's got a mix of curiosity, excitement, and jealousy going right now. He's not quite sure what to make of her, yet. As long as he's got his Daddy's lap to himself, he seems okay.

I'll say! And I'm unfortunately not as big on baseball as you, I'm much more of an NFL football fan and to a lesser extent, NHL hockey fan. I don't watch much regular season hockey, but playoff hockey is pretty exciting and it was awesome watching the Penguins win it all the first time I actually seriously followed a playoff series! They actually won it exactly seven years to the day after their previous championship (June 12th, 09 they won, and now June 12th, 2016 they won it).

But I do still go Pirates for baseball since it's the Pittsburgh team. And ironically, a Pirates game is the only one of the three I've actually gone to before in person. Though it was when I was little and hadn't yet decided which I liked best. These days I kind of avoid it all together because of sensitive hearing. I cheer all Pitt teams just like you cheer Chicago teams though. You must from Chicago or near it, I guess? I'm from right in Pittsburgh. :P

I've only been to baseball games of the major sports, but I've been to several games. I averaged going at least once or twice a year for most of my life, until med school happened, then I didn't get to go for like 7 years. I managed to go to a Cubs/Cardinals game and take Leo, too this year, which was nice.

Been a while since I checked this thread but looks I got back just in time. Congrats Rezzy! Here's for a very healthy Est.

Who passed down hair color?

Well, Leo got my hair color for sure, it was reddish when he was born, and now a light blond.

Est, we shall see. Her hair is mid to dark brown, but it has a lighter brown/blond at the root in some places, so closer to my spouses auburn sort of shade. It's almost like my sister's hair, too. With babies, you usually have to wait a few weeks/months before we can gauge their true color.

Congrats, dude!

I think I figured out her stats above. The paralogue went smoothly enough, but we had a storm. I'm not a huge fan of the rain mechanic, it just makes everything move slower, and makes things tedious. Next paralogue, I might try to find someone who can hack it to make it clear weather.

Esther is her official name, but I like nicknames. Leo is short enough to not really have a short form, but anything longer I like to shorten up.

Congrats! I hope your children have a wonderful life!

Thank you much!

It's Esther. I guess I'm the only person that doesn't like the name at all.

Oh well, if everyone liked the same names, it would be boring, because the same names would be too common. Oddly enough, it seems that Esther has been making a come-back, after years of being associated as an "old lady" name. And Rachel is now barely more popular than Esther, after spiking in the 80's-90s.

Thanks, well, her stats came out like so...

HP: 10 Very low, but as long is it's not Fates, she should be able to build this up

Strength: 1 She will get weighed down by just about everything until she gets this to level up a few times

Magic: 20 She was born in the midst of a storm, tornadoes and everything. I think it was the same storm system that caused the rain delay for the World Series. She should make a great mage.

Skill: 1 par for the course, but she's not very coordinated yet

Speed: 5 Decent for her level. She's fast enough to poop twice in one round.

Luck: 30 She was born right before the Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.

Defense: 1 I'll have to keep her away from attacks until she's able to level up a bit

Resistance: 3 Still a bit low until her immune system develops, but she's off to a good start with her breast milk and vaccinations

Weapon Proficiencies: I'm not sure. She hasn't been able to wield anything yet. She does have a breath weapon and spit up attack with unlimited uses. With her high Magic stat, I think she might do well as a mage, but she had no idea what to do with one of Leo's tomes when I gave it to her. I think Dr Seuss might be D rank, though.

Silliness aside, she was 6lbs 13oz and 19in long.

Oh boy, the spit-up! It felt like it'd never end. On the plus side, I had fresh sheets nearly every day (until I grew smarter/lazier and started putting towels down).

And aww, petite girly. Anya was around that size (weighed a little more at birth, but dropped down to just over 6 lb and took 3 weeks to regain to birth weight), too! I love petite babies. Easier on the arms, too, haha.

Est, we shall see. Her hair is mid to dark brown, but it has a lighter brown/blond at the root in some places, so closer to my spouses auburn sort of shade. It's almost like my sister's hair, too. With babies, you usually have to wait a few weeks/months before we can gauge their true color.

Oh well, if everyone liked the same names, it would be boring, because the same names would be too common. Oddly enough, it seems that Esther has been making a come-back, after years of being associated as an "old lady" name. And Rachel is now barely more popular than Esther, after spiking in the 80's-90s.

Yeah; looking back Niko's hair was quite dark when he was born, and he's super blond now.

And for sure! :)

Heh, she's bigger than me when I was born. I was only 6 lbs 5 oz and probably a little shorter. Yeah, I've always been small, I suppose. I think some stupid meds I had to take as a kid hindered my growth even further though.

And yeah, it'd be boring if everyone liked the same names for what you said. I really hate common names too, because...well, them being so common makes them repetitive and boring to use again. So names like Mary, Sarah, Katie, John, George are completely out of the question for me (and imo, most of these are ugly names anyway).

Another reason I would adopt a girl over a boy, in fact, is that while I have a name picked out for a girl (Elincia), I have no idea what I'd name a boy. Bryan is my favorite name for a boy (it's the reason I used it for one of my major fan characters), but I have a cousin named Brian and I kinda don't like repeating names already used in the family, even if the spelling is different. I like the name Ike a lot (not just because of the FE character either lol) too, but it'd be awkward alongside a girl named Elincia since I ship the two characters. I also like the name Raymond, but that one brings back memories I don't want to remember (he was a "boyfriend" but he cheated on me and these days I don't consider him having been a real boyfriend anymore). So yeah, very hard choice to make, so I'm content with just a girl named Elincia.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah; looking back Niko's hair was quite dark when he was born, and he's super blond now.

Same with my niece, if not so extreme in the colour change. She was born with relatively thick black hair which she shed very soon and now she has dark blonde hair. OTOH, my siblings and I were all much blonder as kids than we are now, so who knows what colour Niko will end up with. :D

As far as I've seen, a newborn's hair never looks light. Mine didn't look light either, and as a little kid, I was a near bleach blonde (I'm a darker blonde now though). I think it's because newborns are wet when they first...well, come out, right? Because of the fluid in the womb? And when your hair is wet, it looks darker.

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, there IS one boy's name I'd highly consider using. And that would be Skyler, or maybe just Skye. I've seen Skye used as a girl's name too, but yeah. That's the name I used for another fan character because I liked it enough.

Edited by Anacybele

Another reason I would adopt a girl over a boy, in fact, is that while I have a name picked out for a girl (Elincia), I have no idea what I'd name a boy. Bryan is my favorite name for a boy (it's the reason I used it for one of my major fan characters), but I have a cousin named Brian and I kinda don't like repeating names already used in the family, even if the spelling is different. I like the name Ike a lot (not just because of the FE character either lol) too, but it'd be awkward alongside a girl named Elincia since I ship the two characters. I also like the name Raymond, but that one brings back memories I don't want to remember (he was a "boyfriend" but he cheated on me and these days I don't consider him having been a real boyfriend anymore). So yeah, very hard choice to make, so I'm content with just a girl named Elincia.

Elincia is a pretty name!

I don't like to use family names, either. Although I did use my husband's name for Niko's middle, because it's been my favourite name for over 20 years (actually part of what initially attracted me to my husband was his name, haha). I was only permitted to use it if I changed the spelling, though. (I've mentioned his name before but I forget if I explained the why).

Same with my niece, if not so extreme in the colour change. She was born with relatively thick black hair which she shed very soon and now she has dark blonde hair. OTOH, my siblings and I were all much blonder as kids than we are now, so who knows what colour Niko will end up with. :D

Yes! Both my husband and my brother were blond when little, and are now a very definite mid-brown. It's very common to have hair darken, of course! But I do have some cousins whose hair has remained really blond, so I guess there's always the possibility of it remaining, too.

I think one of the most fascinating aspects of genetics to me is how much we still don't know and how many exceptions they are.

As far as I've seen, a newborn's hair never looks light. Mine didn't look light either, and as a little kid, I was a near bleach blonde (I'm a darker blonde now though). I think it's because newborns are wet when they first...well, come out, right? Because of the fluid in the womb? And when your hair is wet, it looks darker.

That's definitely true. Also, newborn hair often sheds, to be replaced by hair of a different color.

Niko was still quite brown up until 4/5 months. He was really blond by about 10 months.

I was pretty much bald when I was born. My hair was practically white as a kid. It gradually became this dirty blonde/strawberry blonde color.