The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Somehow its stats are decent across the board. Here I thought it was actually a bad Spattacker. It's got good STAB (although Flamethrower is pretty late for keeping it as a Growlithe...) and nice abilities (well, Intimidate) with decent stats. Its movepool is noticeably bad though and it has major trouble against waters no matter how you build it, only getting Iron Tail, Flamethrower and Return as powerful moves. I guess it gets Aerial Ace and Dig, but they aren't the strongest of moves without STAB.

7/10

Edited by Ninja Caterpie

Oh good lord. It looks like Farfetch'd became a cat.

Delcatty has no stat over 70, which means it'll never really be super useful, or even really plain useful to begin with. It's movepool is massive and all, but it sucks at using those moves. 65/55 Offenses are worse than Farfatch'd's, and we know how much of a joke his stats are. Not to mention Skittys are a 2% encounter rate, so good luck finding one without wasting too much time (and even so, Delcatty is a big waste of time). You've got to stick with this silly Skitty for four gyms, and it's 260 BST (which is LOWER than freaking Dittos). Then you give it a Moon Stone, and you get this awesome Delcatty who has a 380 BST, which is LOWER than freaking Beautifly and Dustox!!!. And unlike them, Delcatty has no utility to speak of other than being a slave for Strength. Delcatty's some kind of cruel joke.

1 + 1 bias (Skitty's pretty cute) = 2/10 - I really can't see it as worse than Nosepass due to being better at attacking (which is what in-game is all about).

This. Tallying, but the thread might come a bit late.

EDIT: Yes, I counted Joker's +2 bias, because Spectakitty is awesome. This is the ONLY time.

Edited by ZM456

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Nosepass: 0.93

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Skitty/Delcatty: 1.71

Goldeen/Seaking: 2.01

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Nincada/Shedinja: 3.69

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Nincada/Ninjask: 4.13

Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking: 5.36

Geodude/Graveler/Golem: 5.64

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud: 5.81

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: 7.00

Makuhita/Hariyama: 7.50

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam: 7.56

Magikarp/Gyarados: 8.25

Shroomish/Breloom: 8.27

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Underrated.

Why does it matter that Fire was only special? Arcanine has the same Sp. Atk stat as Venusaur - 100.

Now that I see it, Arcanine is fairly decent base stats.

Well... that odd move pool might need some work, otherwise its still alright.

Yeah, underrated.

Poison/Flying means an awesome 4x Fighting resistance to Brawly. But Zubat's main attacking moves, Leech Life and Astonish (no Flying STAB until Lv.21 sucks) will run out of PP before taking down the gym, so it isn't really good there. Afterwards, Poison/Flying doesn't help at all against any of the coming gyms.

Crobat is faaaaaaast (base 130), and has pretty sweet offensive stats (90 Atk/70 SpA). Sludge Bomb/Fly/Shadow Ball gives it nice offense, and the fourth move can be pretty much anything. It gets better next gen though.

6.5/10 - One of those Pokemon that's nice to have around, even though it never really helps you in the key battles.

Edited by Lucina

Crobat is faaaaaaat (base 130)

Are you missing an 's'?

Anyway, Crobat is fine but its movepool is really bad if you try and get it early. Later on, 90 base attack is a fine stat to use Sludge Bomb and Wing Attack off but a slightly larger move pool would be nice. It can only really use Sludge Bomb, Wing Attack, Steel Wing and Shadow Ball as a movepool, and that doesn't really give the best coverage for three TMs worth. I guess it could use Giga Drain but it's so weak off 70 Spattack you might as well just Sludge Bomb whatever it is.

-.5 bias because GODAMN BATS IN ALL OF THE CAVES

6/10

Edited by Ninja Caterpie

+1 bias for being one of my faves.

8/10.

Pretty damn good, and if you give it the sooth bell asap, it'll probobly evolve at like lvl 24-25.

Also, Shadow Ball, Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Sludge bomb, CRay, Toxic+Sub, and Giga drain are all fun.

And if it gets a good high-power HP Physical!!!!

Damn, so underrated, I ****ing love this thing.

A little better than the FR/LG Zubat since it can actually evolve into its third tier form this time, and has access to Fly and Sludge Bomb. There might not be much competition for Giga Drain, but it's not the best candidate for Shadow Ball since it's afraid of Psychic and unlikely to OHKO the big threats. You never really need it in any major battles and it's painful to get it to the point where it learns Wing Attack and evolves, but from there it's pretty good at OHKOing generic trainers. So are a lot of other things though. 4.5/10

Crobat is very underrated. It does perform well, exceptions of Wattson, Liza/Tate and Steven.

I love his attack and speed. Ends up VERY fast, but move pool is pretty small and doesn't end up covering much in the end.

Crobat is quite fragile as well. So I'd say 7/10.

I always wanted to use this guy, but I only have a LeafGreen, gosh darn it.... Oh well. This game is probably its worst performance, because no fire fang. Also, this generation is bad for fire types, but it can learn some physical moves, like extreme speed. Also, its special attack is still excellent in spite of it not being as good as its attack, so it still has great offense. I'd give it a 10 just for bias because it's in my top five fire types, all of the others most likely being starters. At least don't rate it lower than Ninetales, because it outclasses it in almost every way, and sort of the same with Rpaidash. Charizard might have it beat, though.

Edited by I don't play for turns

8/10. Awesome bases and nice abilities, but the movepool is lacking (with only Return, EXTREMESPEED, Dig, Aerial Ace and Flamethrouwer as notable attacks [iron Miss doesn't count]).

+1 bias for being a favorite. I think it's an interesting concept, and looks way more badass than Golbat. Though I like its sleeker designs as opposed to the weird wide/fat ones.

Pretty much everything everyone else has said here. I have a soft spot for poison types, and Crobat's one of the few flying types I absolutely love. Kudos to making Zubat worthwhile. 7/10

+1 bias for being one of my faves.

8/10.

Pretty damn good, and if you give it the sooth bell asap, it'll probobly evolve at like lvl 24-25.

Also, Shadow Ball, Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Sludge bomb, CRay, Toxic+Sub, and Giga drain are all fun.

And if it gets a good high-power HP Physical!!!!

Damn, so underrated, I ****ing love this thing.

^ This. Tallying.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Nosepass: 0.93

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Skitty/Delcatty: 1.71

Goldeen/Seaking: 2.01

Surskit/Masquerain: 2.88

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Nincada/Shedinja: 3.69

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Nincada/Ninjask: 4.13

Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking: 5.36

Geodude/Graveler/Golem: 5.64

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud: 5.81

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Zubat/Golbat/Crobat: 6.71

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill: 7.00

Makuhita/Hariyama: 7.50

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam: 7.56

Magikarp/Gyarados: 8.25

Shroomish/Breloom: 8.27

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: 8.39

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Also underrated.

5/10. Stuck with worthless garbage for attacks until level 25, when it learns Bubblebeam, and you can't catch higher level ones to circumvent the horrible start until you get the Good Rod.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Paras/Parasect: 2.15

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Zubat/Golbat: 3.25

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: 4.21

Venonat/Venomoth: 4.28

Vulpix/Ninetales: 4.38

Meowth/Persian: 4.44

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume: 4.92

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Psyduck/Golduck: 6.00

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Growlithe/Arcanine: 7.78

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Diglett/Dugtrio: 7.9

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Mankey/Primeape: 8.96

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

Clefairy/Clefable: 9.50

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking: 9.75

Charmander juuuuuust beat Growlithe.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

ZM watches Chuggaconroy too? :D

It's basically like Zubat. Both are uber common, both have terrible movepools until the mid twenties (where they get Wing Attack or Bubblebeam, respectively). Only difference is that Tentacool here has an advantage over Flannery.

7/10

This is Poliwag before people started farming them for Drizzle Politoeds.

I think Poliwrath is an attempt to be a mixed fighter. Only problem is that its offenses are lower than all the fully evolved fighting-types in this game (85 Atk lololol, 70 SpA and 70 Speed). It can go mixed (and it probably should to avoid getting outclassed by the other fighters). It gets all the fun fighting toys (Brick Break, Rock-type moves, Earthquake), the water-type toys (Water moves and Ice Beam), and then some other oddities (Psychic and Hypnosis). So it's got a nice movepool, but it lacks the stats to really use them well. As with all fishing Pokemon, you're getting it underlevelled (Good rod why you come so late!!!).

6.5+1 bias = 7.5/10 - Low movepool and underlevelled-ness hold it back. Bias is from Drizzle Politoed and all of its Drizzle glory (I like rain teams).

-Great Availability

-Has Pay Day (Only Pokemon that can learn it aside from Skitty (which you have to breed for)) which you can make money, as the amount increases more upon it's level after every use. Plus it's the only way to make cash in wild Pokemon battles. As well as the first gen.

-Has Pick Up if you don't evolve it.

A definitive Pokemon to have, as it is certainly great for resources and it's an absolute moneymaker. Another great way to make money without the Amulet Coin. Pay Day+Pick Up. Yes. Don't evolve this Pokemon. Ever. If you don't, it'll be wonderful for resources. But won't do well against the E4 and Champion. But because of great availability and great for resources....

9.5/10

Edited by アイネ

ZM watches Chuggaconroy too? :D

It's basically like Zubat. Both are uber common, both have terrible movepools until the mid twenties (where they get Wing Attack or Bubblebeam, respectively). Only difference is that Tentacool here has an advantage over Flannery.

7/10