Micaiah vs. Nohr Corrin (spoilers)

Sunwoo

Micaiah or Nohrmui?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better character?

When she was fighting the apostle's army she had a good reason to, the blood pact. Against the laguz alliance she doesn't have a good reason, all she can know is that it's fuelled by racism.

A racist group is aiding another racist group against a group they are racist against. It. Is. Racism.

But they are not aiding the other group because of racism, they aiding the other group becuase they called for help.

The fact that they are both racists group is irrelevant when the motivation is not racism.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, May 19, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, May 19, 2016 - No reason given

Doublepost

Edited by Tricky Drick

But they are not aiding the other group because of racism, they aiding the other group becuase they called for help.

The fact that they are both racists group is irrelevant when the motivation is not racism.

Call for help > Aid? You're just saying it in different words. What reason would they have to aid them, besides enjoying hunting laguz?

When she was fighting the apostle's army she had a good reason to, the blood pact. Against the laguz alliance she doesn't have a good reason, all she can know is that it's fuelled by racism.

A racist group is aiding another racist group against a group they are racist against. It. Is. Racism.

Micaiah specifically says they are fighting the Laguz at Begnion's request. Begnion is at war with the Laguz which makes their request one for military aid. If Micaiah thought Pelleas was just out for Laguz blood, why even wait for Begnion to ask? Micaiah believes there is another reason for Pelleas cooperating with Begnion and she was correct.

Are you saying that an action can't be considered an act of war just because the involved parties are racist? I guess the Americans were just a bunch of racist bigots for fighting the Japanese in the Pacific theater. I mean, if some American soldiers looked forward to killing Japanese soldiers, any other reason for fighting becomes void.

None of this matters because this is what Lehran wanted to happen. Lehran, discontent with waiting another 200 years, allowed the Senate to become so corrupt they burned down Serenes Forest. This lead to a falling out between most of Tellius and the Laguz Nations, save Crimea and Gallia at the national level. The Senate manipulated Ashnard into killing and driving out the Laguz into Begnion, allowing the Senate to enslave them, and further causing tension between Laguz and Beorc. Ashnard then invaded Crimea, which lead to Path of Radiance, which lead to Radiant Dawn. Micaiah's actions DO NOT FUCKING MATTER! Lehran created a situation that would make asses out of everyone involved just so Ashera would pass judgment. Also, I have a headcanon that Soren overthrows Pelleas, Sanaki abdicates to Micaiah, and Kurth forcibly unites all the Laguz nations, with only Crimea having the same ruler it did prior to judgment.

Call for help > Aid? You're just saying it in different words. What reason would they have to aid them, besides enjoying hunting laguz?

Because they are allies?

Daein's liberation ended with an alliance between Daein and Begnion. And if Daein and Begnion are allies, it's only natural for one country seek the help of the other, and it's also only natural for the other country answer said call. That's the whole point of an alliance.

Daein had no such alliance with the Laguz, thus, other than the fact that the country was still being rebuilt, Daein had no reason to refuse Begnion's call for help.

Edited by Water Mage

What reason would she have for fighting the apostle's army on the bridge in chapter 3-11, before she knew about the blood pact?

Her silly faith in Pelleas apparently. I admit i forgot about that, but it doesn't change anything regarding her first attack on the laguz alliance. She couldn't know she was also going to be fighting the apostle's army, so as far as she could tell it was still fuelled by racism.

Micaiah specifically says they are fighting the Laguz at Begnion's request. Begnion is at war with the Laguz which makes their request one for military aid. If Micaiah thought Pelleas was just out for Laguz blood, why even wait for Begnion to ask? Micaiah believes there is another reason for Pelleas cooperating with Begnion and she was correct.

Are you saying that an action can't be considered an act of war just because the involved parties are racist? I guess the Americans were just a bunch of racist bigots for fighting the Japanese in the Pacific theater. I mean, if some American soldiers looked forward to killing Japanese soldiers, any other reason for fighting becomes void.

You keep saying the same stuff, begnion requests for aid, micaiah has to follow her orders. Tell me why they would aid Begnion, seeing as your whole argument is based off that. Because from where Micaiah sits, the answer is because they enjoy hunting sub-humans.

Because they are allies?

Daein's liberation ended with an alliance between Daein and Begnion. And if Daein and Begnion are allies, it's only natural for one country seek the help of the other, and it's also only natural for the other country answer said call. That's the whole point of an alliance.

Daein had no such alliance with the Laguz, thus, other than the fact that the country was still being rebuilt, Daein had no reason to refuse Begnion's call for help.

They were not allies. Both Sothe and Micaiah are shocked that Pelleas is aiding Begnion, and Sothe wonders why they are even talking to them.

Edited by BruceLee

Her silly faith in Pelleas apparently. I admit i forgot about that, but it doesn't change anything regarding her first attack on the laguz alliance. She couldn't know she was also going to be fighting the apostle's army, so as far as she could tell it was still fuelled by racism.

You keep saying the same stuff, begnion requests for aid, micaiah has to follow her orders. Tell me why they would aid Begnion, seeing as your whole argument is based off that. Because from where Micaiah sits, the answer is because they enjoy hunting sub-humans.

I keep saying it because you keep ignoring the reality of Daein's position in the world. Begnion's reason is because they are at war with the Laguz Alliance. Daein's reason is because they don't want to piss off a country that could easily topple them if they didn't cooperate. That's just common sense, and Micaiah suspects another reason which is also true.

Are you completely detached from the concept of following orders and that NOT following orders can have deadly consequences?

Are you completely detached from the concept of following orders and that NOT following orders can have deadly consequences?

That was the excuse the senior Nazis had at Nuremberg, but did that save them from the noose? Hell no, they got the fucking noose anyway!

That was the excuse the senior Nazis had at Nuremberg, but did that save them from the noose? Hell no, they got the fucking noose anyway!

So, essentially, damned if you do, damned if you don't?

Don't take my posts out of context, please. I'm talking about Daein's inability to resist Begnion's might, not the excuses war criminals make for themselves.

Daein's reason is because they don't want to piss off a country that could easily topple them if they didn't cooperate.

Begnion can topple Daein anytime it wants, doesn't mean you should do anything they tell you to.

And it was not an order, it was a request.

Why is it okay for Micaiah to fight the Apostles forces but not okay for them to fight the Laguz forces? Both were ordered by Begnion because they are Begnion's enemies.

I've proven "blood pact" is not a valid answer to this question, try again.

If she thought Pelleas was motivated by racism, why fight the apostle?

Begnion can topple Daein anytime it wants, doesn't mean you should do anything they tell you to.

Yet you thought that the blood pact was a valid reason to fight?

Edited by Tricky Drick

And it was not an order, it was a request.

"Request", as in please help us (and by the way, if you don't, we'll nuke your fucking country and you'll forever be Daein's worst ruler ever.) As I said before, the entire reason Micaiah's anything is ever questioned is because no one even is aware that they are being manipulated, even the manipulators themselves. Sure, the Blood Pact is contrived, but I personally think that if you are unaware of being under a Blood Pact, you will try to justify why you are following it. Once you find out, however, you find out that you can neither stop it nor get anyone not bound by it to help you stop it.

This is probably just my opinion... but are we even getting the full picture?

Micaiah mentions bounties were offered. Are the soldiers' motivations the racism, or the bounties? Both? If so, which one is actually the main one, or are they both giving equal motivation? Who is putting up the bounties anyway? Is it Begnion? If so, does the soldiers then think they can use the rewards to help with the reconstruction of their country? So they fight to be rewarded and use the reward to help their country? If it's true, then is that their main motivation or a side motivation?

Who knows. We never get an answer regarding the common soldiers. We only know that racism plays a part. But not if it's the main part, or one of the lessers ones. The only one, or one of many.

Nothing in the game suggests she considers racism to be Pelleas' motive, that's the point. Also, I think you're getting your quotes mixed up.

I mean, if we want to be specific, Lekain ordered Pelleas to attack the Laguz Alliance and then in turn Pelleas ordered Micaiah to lead the assault on them. And while Micaiah can oppose Begnion (even though that would be a very stupid move, blood pact or no), Pelleas and Daein as a whole can't.

Edited by AzureSen

I pointed out earlier that the laguz alliance had already proposed a peace treaty and were marching back to their countries when Micaiah and her soldiers ambushed them. No one seems to be bothered addressing that.

I've proven "blood pact" is not a valid answer to this question, try again.

I already answered that, scroll up.

Nothing in the game suggests she considers racism to be Pelleas' motive, that's the point. Also, I think you're getting your quotes mixed up.

Yeah, that question is directed at BruceLee. I quoted NekoKnight because I've showed that the original answer to his question is faulty reasoning.

I already answered that, scroll up.

You said blood pact, I told you that Micaiah fought the apostle before she learnt about the blood pact. You need to answer it again.

There is very much that suggest Pelleas' motive is racism, that i've already pointed out numerous times. I am getting very annoyed with this discussion.

You said blood pact, I told you that Micaiah fought the apostle before she learnt about the blood pact. You need to answer it again.

And i answered you again dude, scroll up ffs.
Edited by BruceLee

I pointed out earlier that the laguz alliance had already proposed a peace treaty and were marching back to their countries when Micaiah and her soldiers ambushed them. No one seems to be bothered addressing that.

Zelgius offered a peace treaty, but it was overruled by the senators before Daein's involvement.

Senator: That does sound lovely, I admit. But hasn't General Zelgius ordered

all forces to cease fire for three days?

Lombroso: Who is in charge here, my lord? Must you follow Zelgius's orders?

Senator: Hah, I see your point. I shall leave everything to you, then. Make

Begnion proud, Lord Lombroso.

She couldn't know she was also going to be fighting the apostle's army, so as far as she could tell it was still fuelled by racism.

On the bridge, she does know she is fighting the Apostle. So that's not an answer either.

You need to answer it again. If you don't, I assume you can't.

Edited by Tricky Drick

Actually, they didn't. Zelgius offered the choice, with a three-day cease-fire to think it over. They instead choose to use the time to retreat, and a peace offer was never officially done. And then the Senate overruled Zelgius cease-fire since they outrank him.

Edited by Acacia Sgt