Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

I can understand that Blitz asking random questions is like his scum meta but he has literally one non-joke post which is why comparing it is a crapshoot.

My point to you and marth was that a lsrge part of your prims case and marths eclipse case was based on people not playing rvs 'the correct way' and using that for a case after rvs is over is kind of weak.

You really misunderstood my case then it seems, since I didn't even consider Prims' vote an RVS vote really

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also fwiw even before he was seen online there was a chance of Blitz avoiding the game. But it's also possible he was just busy

That's fair but he wouldn't know he was being cased, so there'd be no reason for him to avoid the game. It's still possible that he's busy (even now), but the fact that he had enough time to go on SF but didn't even drop a "hey I've been busy which is why I didn't do anything" is what makes me okay with him being vigged.

Might be eating at deadline so consolidation time.

##Unvote

##Vote: Lord Gaius

BT8kXvo.jpg
Lord Gaius (Clefable, aligned with the Town) was lynched Day 1
[spoiler=role pm]

Gaius, you are Clefable, the Fairy Pokémon. You are the OG fairy in fact, holding the title before the Fairy type even existed. You take solitary moonlight strolls as you reminisce about your life on the moon or something, I don’t really know. You might actually be from space but seem to care less about destroying shit than Deoxys does.
Your abilities are:
Moonlight (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with “Moonlight USER”. You will user your super mysterious space powers to heal your target, allowing them to survive any attempts made on their life that night. You may only do this three times per game.
You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Typical.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send actions.

You get three guesses for who BBM picked. The first two don't count.

wtroxFy.png

BBM (Sceptile, aligned with the Town) was killed Night 1

[spoiler=role pm]

BBM, you are Sceptile, the Forest Pokémon. I’m not sure how you’re literally a bunch of trees but there you go. You jump around really quickly and have weird blade-type-thingys that grow out of your arms that you use to beat people up, but otherwise you’re not very notable. Anyone who likes you must be kind of lame.

Your abilities are:
Screech (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with “Screech USER”. You will catch the target off guard, making sure that every other night action that targets them succeeds, as long as you do.
Leaf Blade (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with “Leaf Blade USER”. You will slash at the target and prevent them from carrying out any actions that night. However, because your base attack is pretty low, your target will shrug it off unless you used Screech on them first. If this happens, your action will ‘succeed’ but have no effect.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

I know this is a really shocking revelation to all of you but you should go and lynch some mafia members.

It is now Day 2. With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 8 to hammer early. You have a little over 72 hours to decide on a lynch.

i am somehow awake

also previous comment about 9am was wrong, it's more like 6:30-7am for phase end times. even better

i'm probably going back to sleep so stuff later, sorry

Also I'm still salty that LG didn't claim and it's not even because he was Dokuta.

Anyways, this makes me feel worse about Crysta because she like picked both sides of the argument WRT LG without having any stance on him (I mean, I'd be fine if she outright said "I can't get a good read on him" but her content didn't reflect that thought process).

Would be okay with lynching Blitz's slot at this point (because apparently there's no vig) as well.

People I don't have reads on: Iris, Manix, Prims, Shin, Strawman. Iris and Prims just need to post more (and by post more, I mean post at all), I don't remember why Manix voted LG at the time (was it consolidation?) but otherwise wasn't really bothered by him, Shin I just can't read and am hoping that someone else does it for me, and I felt good about Strawman but his empty unvote made no sense at the time and he kind of disappeared after that.

##Vote: Crysta

The way Prims jumps on him and then defends the wagon unsettles me. Do you think that Blitz's comment was scummy enough to warrant a 5 vote pile up? Don't you think it's weird that so many people took it seriously?

I'm singling out Prims specifically here because I feel like he, more than Gaius and Crysta, had issue with the question itself rather than the general feeling/tone of the post, if that makes sense. Like he did not even consider that it was a typo (whereas I get the impression Gaius and Crysta considered that and found it scummy anyway)

I took Blitz's question as him responding to Crysta saying "I didn't feel like it could advance the game state very much" by going "so why are you slightly advancing the game state now". I didn't consider it might be a typo. I want to say I didn't talk about the general tone of Blitz's post because "feeling" reads aren't great talking points on ED1, but uh that's not even true because I outright said I felt like he made the post to look active. if you want me to talk about tone reads I also thought Blitz's jokevote on Gaius looked forced.

Still reading.

Refa, go read Manix's post where he voted Gaius

He literally just jumped on it last minute with a "yep this guy's mafia" without saying a single thing about Gaius before

SF security is rejecting my post for some reason. Last time this happened it was because of a SB post I was quoting. This time I'm quoting BBM, lemme post the quote separately and see what happens:

I still expect more from Manix. My point was like... yes, Manix can be lazy and surface level, but only when he's not engaged. And I feel like Manix is at the point of his mafia career where he's normally less engaged when he's scum. I know how that stage feels; I'm there too, Prims is there, and Paperblade has probably been there since before I started playing mafia. shrug. I don't think Marth and Manix are buddies though.