Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

@Refa: I can only use it once.

Articuno, niiiiiice. IMO you should vig strawman/blitz.

Well, I can't do that unless the rest of you agree and do your part.

Oh, also, I was contacted by a neighborizer last night. I'm not going to out their identity yet. We haven't talked yet, but I'm hoping to get some update to my reads after hearing from them.

I haven't really read the thread in-depth, so sorry if my reads are a bit lacking. I'll see if I can get some solid opinions out.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I haven't read the last three pages either but nothing important probably happened in them anyways.

(The realest talk: Doing that ASAP)

Ngl I keep rereading the thread and I really can't find anyone as scummy as Manix, that d1 was terrible. Crysta's play is quite different from her play in SS mafia but her reads don't make sense to me.

I have nothing on iris or BT lol.

Idk anything about Prims but I want to think he's town because we have the same read on Manix. Ditto with shin.

Town reading pb and refa because they're following their town meta.

Actually with shin it is more that he has made a lot of reads that I agree with but there are those occasional inconsistencies like the recent one that he made about coughing crysta that are just wtf to me.

Also I'm still salty that LG didn't claim and it's not even because he was Dokuta.

Anyways, this makes me feel worse about Crysta because she like picked both sides of the argument WRT LG without having any stance on him (I mean, I'd be fine if she outright said "I can't get a good read on him" but her content didn't reflect that thought process).

Would be okay with lynching Blitz's slot at this point (because apparently there's no vig) as well.

People I don't have reads on: Iris, Manix, Prims, Shin, Strawman. Iris and Prims just need to post more (and by post more, I mean post at all), I don't remember why Manix voted LG at the time (was it consolidation?) but otherwise wasn't really bothered by him, Shin I just can't read and am hoping that someone else does it for me, and I felt good about Strawman but his empty unvote made no sense at the time and he kind of disappeared after that.

##Vote: Crysta

If it makes you feel better, I have problems reading Shin, too. Hell, he had a vote on me last phase, and I had to ask him why!

WRT that vote by Shin: I think I answered everything in my last D1 wall. If not, hit me over the head.

SF security is rejecting my post for some reason. Last time this happened it was because of a SB post I was quoting. This time I'm quoting BBM, lemme post the quote separately and see what happens:

Can you screenshot the error? Once the game's over, can you post it? This sounds super-de-duper WEIRD.

Quick question to all the players: who do you feel more strongly is scum, Crysta or Manix?

Will answer this when I'm done reading through the topic, though that kill makes me suspect Manix.

Everyone is varying degrees of null, and not nearly DISGUSTING enough to talk about.

RUDE. What about ME?!

going to preface this post with a partial claim so things don't get too out of hand. i'm decoy, targeted blitz n1. for hopefully obvious reasons

What.

I targeted Blitz N1 and got no redirect message. So either that's a host error, or you're lying. And if this is the death of me, then so be it - my flip should explain everything I've done up to this point.

That's would be harder to do than you'd think it is.

Actually, fuck it, I'm going to claim. I'm a conditional dayvig with a couple of not-fun restrictions. I can't use my shot unless my target is at minimum votes for a lynch, and it ends the day phase when I use it. I wasn't going to claim it originally, but then I was reminded it ends phase as well so it's really not that different from getting a lynch in, I guess ;/

Hmmm. . .I might be able to prove my role in conjunction with yours. But this hinges on whether or not we're on at the same time, and the number of votes on Manix.

Since I'm the one that's calling BS on Manix's role. . .

##Vote: Manix

Nothing short of SB telling me that I was redirected will move this vote. Also, please be careful about voting for Manix after this point - unintended things may happen otherwise.

---

Oh, right, everyone else.

Paperblade - thoughts on Crysta?

Crysta - me commenting on the lack of conviction in Shin's vote was yet another observation that needed to be made. Though if you haven't figured out WHY I'm pointing out things, even small ones, oh well. Shouldn't be an issue by the end of the day, assuming that several things fall in line (and the fact that I had to do a bit of claiming anyway).

Marth - what's your current opinion on me (counterclaim nonwithstanding)?

Prims - What happened to Aublia?

Everyone else - don't have much else to say, I have to cook dinner then do something else. I might post something later tonight.

@eclipse

As for eclipse, I don't like the votes she has made but they make even less sense as scum especially if crysta is actually town. If crysta is scum, then it's weird that she just threw more attention on her buddy but can be read as distancing, but if crysta is town, then flip flopping between two town reasons makes even less sense as scum.

Also kinda dropped the meta part after you started claiming that you were rolecrumbing.

I kinda doubt that's a counterclaim. There's no reason for Manix to redirect actions on his scumread to himself, regardless of his alignment, because that would sound weird at the massclaim stage.

I'm assuming decoy means its the other way around.

@eclipse

Also kinda dropped the meta part after you started claiming that you were rolecrumbing.

I kinda doubt that's a counterclaim. There's no reason for Manix to redirect actions on his scumread to himself, regardless of his alignment, because that would sound weird at the massclaim stage.

I'm assuming decoy means its the other way around.

The decoy I'm thinking of redirects nonkilling actions to self. If it's the other way around, it's still questionable, since I can't see why Manix would be killed (I'd imagine someone like Refa to be a more likely target).

Oh, as for why - I suspect it's a fake, since there were multiple calls for a vig on Blitz. Hence, mostly sane people wouldn't target him. However, a vig target is exactly who I want to target.

Prims - What happened to Aublia?

I said best unlock!! also I screenshotted the error and linked it on skype (mods don't modkill me plz), it's here and I got it to go away by switching to the lame web 2.0 text editor.

@Manix: I don't see the self-consciousness in those quotes you mentioned; in context the first one looks like he's asking you a question to get a better read on you and the second one is about what I'd expect from anybody responding to a case on them.

with that out of the way Manix's vote on Shin looks really suspect because lol calling Shin's Crysta read as a "popular opinion option" when at the time he called her out here nobody was even voting her and the earlier Crysta pressure had died out + been for different reasons. furthermore idk how you can say "nothing happened between Shin's earlier post about me and now" when like another fourth of the D1 posts happened. besides that I'm agreeing with Paper here about the amount of general throwaway comments in his play, it looks like classic scum!Manix and I'm unsure why he'd send in his decoy on the probable flake?

Crysta's vote on Shin is weak too imo. I don't think Shin's suspicion of her is that illogical; she had started talking about non-Blitz players more than before in her most recent posts at the time he said her later posts were reassuring him. following this pile-up I'm not as sure about Manix/Crysta being scum together though and I'm still thinking Manix is the better lynch.

@Marth: where's your vote? you keep posting like you've voted but I don't think you've voted.

Boron's ability should be used to secure a lynch if we can't come up with a majority, not to kill a slot we want an extra kill on. Because it's not an extra kill. In the mean time I wanna hear from Strawman again because I'm not reading the active dudes as scum and he hasn't left much an impression this game, plz post in mafia

marf I think Crysta's play is actually SIMILAR to her play in scared stoners if you go by her content, it's waffly and she doesn't go places with it. the main difference is activity. it really depends if Crysta lurking as scum last game was for like... Paperblade reasons instead of being busy or tactically lurking as a playstyle thing she could switch up if she wanted to.

furthermore idk how you can say "nothing happened between Shin's earlier post about me and now" when like another fourth of the D1 posts happened.

i'll clarify: there's no logistical jumps that even remotely gets there, at least that i can see. it feels forced

in regards to the rest of the post; okay, so maybe i'm bad at remembering what things go in what order, but it's not like you can deny shin is still jumping to popular wagons and is just trying to push them in the way of just pushing votes and not pressure.

I'm unsure why he'd send in his decoy on the probable flake?

bc if he's mafia and mafia can use others abilities et al, i have something to actually do, because i would not be confident in fucking with other actions this early as well

look i ain't gonna pretend i'm playing well but damned if i'm going down without a fight at this point

it'll help my inevitable scum games down the track since i know i can play this way as town so huzzah more meta shifts

Not gonna lie, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting reads in this game. Aside from Manix and Crysta, I don't really have issues with anyone who's been reasonably active right now. I mean, I could definitely look through the thread again to see if anything catches my eye, but if I'm not getting anything then I don't want to force myself into developing a scum read just for the sake of it.

fair enough re: decoy but

#147: Shin says Manix is lazy

#196: Shin says Manix is scummy but he can't put a case down

#258: Shin votes Manix and says Manix's vote on LG (which hadn't happened when he made his previous post) was "beyond awful"

how is this an illogical progression

maybe I am biased because his reads are basically the same as mine but nothing indicates scum!Shin over town!Shin to me here. I'd have a problem with him jumping on popular wagons if he wasn't actually adding anything to the game but his contributions themselves have been fine, it's not like he's just parroting other cases.

okay im bad at reading, skimmed right past the middle post

i still just don't think shin's other contributions have really done much. agree to disagree, i suppose.

we can AGREE TO DISAGREE but that doesn't do anything to alleviate my read if you are town. at this point your case is basically "shin's contributions haven't been much", and there are multiple town Shin games where you can say the same thing about him mostly going for targets people already find suspicious. I remember suspecting him for similar reasons in whatever anon game he was Phantom of the Opera in, also keep in mind timezones mean the bulk of the playerbase is gonna get to the thread before him anyway. do you still think he's the scummiest player? what makes him worse than crysta?

i still think shin is the scummiest player, and honestly i'd rather not let shin meta get in the way since that's unpredictable at the best of times

i understand the point about timezones, but i just don't feel like he's doing a lot.

re crysta: that's mostly because i couldn't read crysta worth shit when i tried to do so earlier

eclipse, you're thinking of martyr

decoy redirects the target's actions to the user

That answers the role part, at least. So thus. . .

##Unvote

Which means that my role's currently active on Blitz/BT.

Not gonna lie, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting reads in this game. Aside from Manix and Crysta, I don't really have issues with anyone who's been reasonably active right now. I mean, I could definitely look through the thread again to see if anything catches my eye, but if I'm not getting anything then I don't want to force myself into developing a scum read just for the sake of it.

How 'bout town reads?

. . .which I will do tomorrow, I'm tired. When tomorrow is up for debate.

Actually with shin it is more that he has made a lot of reads that I agree with but there are those occasional inconsistencies like the recent one that he made about coughing crysta that are just wtf to me.

There was a phantom vote of Shin voting on me the previous phase which was a mod errior; he might have misremembered that he actually was voting for eclipse tbh. I think him saying he wasn't going to just sit on the vote was to make sure he wasn't doing the same thing he was accusing me of.

I think he's exaggerating, and being self-conscious while not being terribly cautious.

The insistence that a player with a total post count of one is more scummy than a good chunk of the active players baffles me.

Blitz's content is significantly less... which is why I don't feel any better than when I initially did. Him being gone didn't reduce his scuminess to me, though yeah his lynch isn't going to provide much info.

I would not lynch eclipse over Blitz.