Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

charlie_

I'd sing "Lost in Thoughts All Alone", but then I'd guarantee that no one come back.

Since a lynch I do not want is happening, I'm just going to leave my vote where it is. The lack of activity between the time I fell asleep and now is awful.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more because there wasn't any Crysta to talk about than dropping the read. I'm not planning on weaselling out of my associative read on Crysta, it's just that I am open to the possibility that I'm wrong - although I don't think I am. Like I can see it comes across as uncommitted, but HEY.

I don't get how there wasn't any Crysta to talk about. She's been posting a lot during D2, but you haven't really said much about it (apparently you DID say something and I missed it, but my point's still valid).

Don't think Shin's going to be on any time soon so just going to come clean with my thoughts here because I really don't agree w/Crysta or Eclipse's interpretations. The only thing I'm seeing is a NICE BUS. Seriously, the only reasons I can think of for Shin dropping his Crysta read with barely any explanation are 1) He townread her after her wall posts or 2) He dropped the case because there was no support for it and there wasn't any thing to be gained from continuing to pursue it. Him pressuring the slot so hard later on in the day seemed off considering his general play, but I didn't really think much of it at the time considering he was still voting my main scumread. It makes more sense in the context of a bus now though why he'd go all tunnel vision after Manix was most likely going to be the lynch of the day. It also explains THAT POST. There's literally no scum benefit for him being like "yeah these two people that I know to be town could be scum together, you guys, but I'm not 100% sure so I'm just going to act noncommittal about it anyways" because that would be instantly debunked on a town flip. It only makes sense if he knows that one of them is scum (Manix) and is setting up a lynch on a future day without trying to look too opportunistic.

tl,dr; Lynch this slot if I die. Actually, do it even if I don't die.

I don't get how there wasn't any Crysta to talk about. She's been posting a lot during D2, but you haven't really said much about it (apparently you DID say something and I missed it, but my point's still valid).

Don't think Shin's going to be on any time soon so just going to come clean with my thoughts here because I really don't agree w/Crysta or Eclipse's interpretations. The only thing I'm seeing is a NICE BUS. Seriously, the only reasons I can think of for Shin dropping his Crysta read with barely any explanation are 1) He townread her after her wall posts or 2) He dropped the case because there was no support for it and there wasn't any thing to be gained from continuing to pursue it. Him pressuring the slot so hard later on in the day seemed off considering his general play, but I didn't really think much of it at the time considering he was still voting my main scumread. It makes more sense in the context of a bus now though why he'd go all tunnel vision after Manix was most likely going to be the lynch of the day. It also explains THAT POST. There's literally no scum benefit for him being like "yeah these two people that I know to be town could be scum together, you guys, but I'm not 100% sure so I'm just going to act noncommittal about it anyways" because that would be instantly debunked on a town flip. It only makes sense if he knows that one of them is scum (Manix) and is setting up a lynch on a future day without trying to look too opportunistic.

We both see "scum logic", though we used different means to get to the same point. :P:

Bro, that's a solid case on me, I'd totally vote me.

No, I mean I can see the logic behind it but the likelihood of stuff seems like a bit of a stretch. Either I'm Manix's worst scumbuddy ever or I'm literally setting myself up for failure with two town lynches. I don't think I'm above catastrophic failure, but it's kinda not likely. I'm all yours bro if you want to TALK TO ME.

We both see "scum logic", though we used different means to get to the same point. :P:

The ends justify the means!

...Okay, they don't. But it felt like a very smart reply to say.

Bro, that's a solid case on me, I'd totally vote me.

No, I mean I can see the logic behind it but the likelihood of stuff seems like a bit of a stretch. Either I'm Manix's worst scumbuddy ever or I'm literally setting myself up for failure with two town lynches. I don't think I'm above catastrophic failure, but it's kinda not likely. I'm all yours bro if you want to TALK TO ME.

Hey, Mr. Worst Scumbuddy-Kun. I agree with the latter but most people would consider you to be town on the former (especially considering you voted Manix pretty early on in the day IIRC), which is why I don't see it as be bad play (especially if you were considering switching off to Crysta later on in the day). But yeah, things that I wanted to ask you.

1) What do you think of Crysta's posts after her wall post?

2) What do you think of Manix having very similar thoughts on Crysta as you do (albeit he considers her null scum)?

3) Any new thoughts on non Manix/non Crysta slots?

4) I don't have a fourth question.

5) I also don't have a fifth question.

FUCK this actually makes sense

i feel dumb

Two of those questions are really tough, bro. I can answer the first three though. I'll give you a good FART too.

1) The wallpost actually has some good content, like the read on eclipse makes sense and like I can't point out any faulty logic. However, it's the timing that bothered me. Things are better than D1 but I still feel a degree of distancing from Manix. If it wasn't for the dynamics with Manix, I'd probably be more null on Crysta, but their reads on each other seem really unnatural in their development. I also get "I don't mind if Manix gets lynched really but I don't really feel too strongly vibes from her.

2) My answer in song form;

But seriously, this is what makes me think they could be scum together. Manix's main thoughts on Crysta were that he couldn't form an opinion on her, which is weird when he decides to vote Crysta on the basis of voteparking. It might be because Crysta's his only alternative to himself being lynched, but it comes across as an unnatural.

3) Marth: He's taken his time to make jibes and laugh at stuff but I'm looking back and wondering when he last actually did something PRODUCTIVE. His post this morning was pretty nice, but it kinda boils down to a bunch of null reads. His blip early on in D1 wrt being self conscious was weird but it seems to have resolved. Still, there's something about his play that irks me.

eclipse: I took issues with her in D1 with regards to who she actually thought was scum. The HANDY chart she provided was nice, but I'm still finding it difficult to get a grasp of her opinions. I also don't see scum derping like that with regards to claims so that's a point in her favour. She's probably more null at this point, but I'll see what this promised wallpost offers me.

Boron and Paper have been surprisingly absent, I can't actually recall very much about them. I legitimately can't actually form an opinion on them, so much in fact that they got a shared read. Boron's seemed relatively focused on certain aspects of the game, but that's more null because it's not necessarily tunnelling.

Iris needs to exist.

Refa-bro: I actually get the feeling that Refa is legitimately trying to find scum. He's challenging points but still managing to have reads despite being open minded about stuff. In fact, I think he's actually responded to most of the big reads people have. I am literally going to rage if he's scum, but I really think he isn't.

Town: Refa-bro

Null: Most of you chumps

Kinda Scummy but not enough to call a full read: Marth, Eclipse

Scum: Manix, Crysta

Incredibly Handsome: Shin

BT. - Hi, I see you. Anyway, the interaction with him/Prims is a little strange - they're both mentioning each other in an offhand-sort of way. Not outright accusations of scum, though, which strikes me as odd. It's what I'd expect out of a bus attempt. However, I'm not hard-reading BT. as scum (more like null ATM), so this is one of the many things I'll mention and sit on for now (go read my D1, I have a reason for doing this).

Boron - I'd be a bit more comfortable if she showed up to use her role on Manix right now, but eh. Due to her role existing, I'll have to modify how I target people. Her content isn't scummy (worst I have of her is no mention of Marth as a read, which isn't enough to build a case on), but there's the outside chance that her role exists as scum to keep me honest. Call it paranoia, but eh.

Crysta - Didn't really have a problem with her slot past D1, and still don't. She's formulating reads, which is important, because they can be referred back to at a later date.

eclipse - Two possibilities happen: Either I die tonight, or I rip the Manix wagon a new one come D3.

Iris - Vig target, since this is the only slot that will give zero associative reads on Manix during D2. Next.

Manix - I'm still not feeling this lynch. I'm kind of miffed that he didn't have the motivation to respond to the cases on him, but that last wall he put up should be useful.

Marth - I can understand being a little out of it during the first half of D2, but it's nearly phase end, and there should be SOMEONE worthy of your attention by now. Also, that Manix vote is lame, given the timing. This slot should've been lynched over Manix IMO.

Paperblade - Needs to put a bit more thought process out there. I can read him, but I can't say the same for everyone else in the game. Assuming I survive to D3, I'll have a LOT more to say about his vote.

Prims - Other than the comments I made WRT BT., he's starting to become. . .forgettable. He's not as bad as Marth, but it's pretty bad by Prims standards. Will definitely pay more attention to this slot come D3.

Refa - Pushing cases? Check, sort of (could've done more exposition on Manix earlier, though). Considering other reads while pushing a case? Check. Probably doing the most work in this game.

Shin - Really Bad Post aside, he gets a special mention for actually interacting with Manix in a way that produces a good associative read. The lack of conviction seems to be a running thing, but that's not really enough to drive a case. Also, his reads seem. . .outdated. Like, he saw everyone's most recent content, but decided that it wasn't really enough to change his reads. It's a little strange because of everything that's happened (like Yours Truly hard-defending the lynch target). Which of my opinions are hard to understand, and why?

Strawman - On one hand, Strawman is passive by nature, so I don't expect him to rip things apart. He's expressed one more solid scum read than Marth, but the rest of his content is just. . .there. He'll need to answer "who is scum, why are they scum, and why are they still scum after answering cases" come D3. . .repeatedly.

If I survive to tomorrow, looks like I'll be sitting on Paper/Prims for better reads on them.

how is it unnatural? I literally said

I agree that his vote on Gaius because he didn’t clarify the specifics of what he meant with the “case holes” was pretty weak and sounds tacked on there. Do I find it worse than Blitz asking those questions and flaking? Ehh… can sheep if content doesn’t get better.

so naturally when he did post content (or rather said he didn't really want to post content) my read on him worsened

and why's the timing bothersome? it was right in the beginning of d2 which meant people could read it and still have time left to interact with me about it/do other scumhunting.

lol his reasons for continuing to scumread literally boils down to what manix did with his weak vote; his previous problems with my fixation on blitz in the wallpost seem to have been abandoned

pretty sure he just can't bring himself to abandon the future mislynch yet

more I think about it the more I think that if Boron is scum she doesn't claim that role and just blows up a townie who gets too many votes

#helping

Thanks Paperblade. Do you have any other thoughts?

Don't have time to respond to or even form an opinion on anything, working on resumes OP.

I read through the last page of this game (23), but I'm literally about to start a Skype conversation in one minute so I don't know if I can make an in-depth post. eclipse, do you really want me to use my role on Manix or what?

The only person that benefits from it is me, and there's literally no other viable counterwagons. My selfish part wants you to use it, my more practical part would rather you use it next phase.

Also, I was about to say I totally mentioned Marth, but I guess I mentioned him quite a while ago as a town read. He's been kind of slipping off the radar and I can't remember anything else he's actually done lately, so I'm feeling less good about that town read. Shin's catching a lot of heat, so I'll check that out next phase (partly because I hadn't really read through Shin's posts earlier).

@eclipse: If everyone else who's here is all right me using it, then sure

Upside is that if Boron's town and dies, she's used her role, and I'll be happier about using mine in future phases. Downside is that the lynch is gonna happen anyway.

Selfish part wins, so yeah, use it.

As an australian, Manix was prepared for all kinds of dangerous creatures but not Serenes Forest Mafia games.

ESFDiR3.png

Manix (Togekiss, aligned with the Town) was lynched Day 2

[spoiler=role pm]

Manix, you are Togekiss, the Jubilee Pokémon. That’s a pretty weird title but whatever, I guess Gamefreak doesn’t even know what you are. You’ve come a long way from being the Metronome spamming omelette you once were, and now spend your time making players ragequit by constantly making them flinch. Good work.

Your abilities are:
Follow Me (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with “Follow Me USER”. You will get your target’s attention and force them to target you with all of your night actions.
Air Slash (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with “Air Slash USER”. You will attempt to make your target flinch and prevent them from carrying out any night actions. However, since this is kind of luck based, it will only work during even night phases.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends in 24 hours and 3 minutes (at XX:20 on computer clocks since SF time is fucked). You have until then to send in your night actions.