What do you want to see in Zelda U/NX?

Alex95

Oh gosh, it would be so badass it you could have the Darknut stuff !

70e.png

As you can see in this picture, Link can wear armor, which means that Link wearing a Darknut armor quite possible!

Maybe you could get them from the Darknut themselves, by defeating them!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outfits, you say? I think that amiibo should give extra outfits and weapons. I want Link to save Hyrule dressed as Ganondorf for maximum irony, or maybe as Cloud with the Buster Sword. Maybe Luigi will finally get his day? The possibilities are truly endless.

I so want amiibo to play a bigger role than just a partnered Wolf Link (though that is cool). I said I wanted to see Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf earlier as a "helping character," but having Link run around a Pikachu outfit or Zero Suit would be pretty hilarious.

I so want amiibo to play a bigger role than just a partnered Wolf Link (though that is cool). I said I wanted to see Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf earlier as a "helping character," but having Link run around a Pikachu outfit or Zero Suit would be pretty hilarious.

Though I don't have those amiibo... I need fanart of that, sounds hilarious. :P:

It'd be amusing if you could have TWW!Link and Human!TP!Link follow you as assists though. Even though I have a mental role for the former in the game for the nutty TWW!Decline line theory

Though I don't have those amiibo... I need fanart of that, sounds hilarious. :P:

It'd be amusing if you could have TWW!Link and Human!TP!Link follow you as assists though. Even though I have a mental role for the former in the game for the nutty TWW!Decline line theory

I know how to find Zero Suit Link (just simply look that up), but not sure about the Pikachu one. Could probably draw that for you, if you want :D

I'll be happy if the Zora Armor returns in some fashion or some blue styled tunic (Not quite his promotional artwork like blue clothes though), or like Sheika clothes so I can have NINJA LINK.

Edited by Jedi

Good dungeons, interesting items (that aren't purely for combat), a game that doesn't waste my time.

Good dungeons, interesting items (that aren't purely for combat), a game that doesn't waste my time.

Yeah dungeons are an interesting question in this whole thing, its one of my only worries in the game is that like since the world is so big, and bosses are on in the main field areas, does this mean dungeons will be weaker? Or will they just be as good as before.

As much as I dislike aspects of TP and dislike SS nearly as a whole, things both of them had really well down was the dungeons, but thats usually a Zelda thing thats down, but I can only wonder if this more open ended approach is going to weaken dungeons.

I see no reason why an open world would suddenly make Nintendo forget how to design good dungeons. Unless designing all the shrine somehow messed them up, which I doubt. They been doing very well with dungeons in recent years I have no reason than to believe they would suddenly regress in this area. I'm pretty sure they prioritized making sure the dungeons were good before they created all the shrines and so forth. But no game is perfect so we'll see, but as weak as Wind Waker is in the dudgeon departments (at least in my opinion) it's still a great game. Also where is this bosses on the main field thing coming from, I have heard no confirmation of that being a thing I'm sure the dungeons will have proper bosses. Are you referring to the guardians as they're not so much boss is as they are high level enemies...

Ooh, if I can dress Link up as Ike, count me in. :D

I'll draw this too :)

I'll be happy if the Zora Armor returns in some fashion or some blue styled tunic (Not quite his promotional artwork like blue clothes though), or like Sheika clothes so I can have NINJA LINK.

We have the "Ice Tunic" (I currently forget what it's called), so it's safe to assume that other "environmental tunics" will appear.

...I'm just going to start drawing Link as everyone.

For the dungeons, I heard there's only going to be four main/story dungeons. Seems like they're putting their focus on the various shrines scattered around Hyrule. But from what we've seen so far, none are lacking in the creative department. Some may revolve around the current dungeon mechanic (such as the Magnet), but it still looks well done.

I'll draw this too :)

We have the "Ice Tunic" (I currently forget what it's called), so it's safe to assume that other "environmental tunics" will appear.

...I'm just going to start drawing Link as everyone.

For the dungeons, I heard there's only going to be four main/story dungeons. Seems like they're putting their focus on the various shrines scattered around Hyrule. But from what we've seen so far, none are lacking in the creative department. Some may revolve around the current dungeon mechanic (such as the Magnet), but it still looks well done.

To be fair, Majora's Mask only had four dungeons and they were some of the most complex dungeons in the series.

If that's good thing or not, depends on the player.

I see no reason why an open world would suddenly make Nintendo forget how to design good dungeons. Unless designing all the shrine somehow messed them up, which I doubt. They been doing very well with dungeons in recent years I have no reason than to believe they would suddenly regress in this area. I'm pretty sure they prioritized making sure the dungeons were good before they created all the shrines and so forth. But no game is perfect so we'll see, but as weak as Wind Waker is in the dudgeon departments (at least in my opinion) it's still a great game. Also where is this bosses on the main field thing coming from, I have heard no confirmation of that being a thing I'm sure the dungeons will have proper bosses. Are you referring to the guardians as they're not so much boss is as they are high level enemies...

Well its more i'm just worried that it won't be the focus of this game at all, considering you can beat the game without doing anything other than just going to the final boss (confirmed not to the intended way to play the game, but it exists). It would suggest that dungeons could be an afterthought in comparison to the previous games in the franchise, these are probably baseless worries, but its just something I considered.

Edited by Jedi

Well its more i'm just worried that it won't be the focus of this game at all, considering you can beat the game without doing anything other than just going to the final boss (confirmed not to the intended way to play the game, but it exists). It would suggest that dungeons could be an afterthought in comparison to the previous games in the franchise, these are probably baseless worries, but its just something I considered.

Fair enough, but I'm the kind a guy that gives the benefit of the fit of the doubt so until I see dungeons that lack quality, I am going to assume they likely will be of quality as Nintendo's track record of late has been good.

Did you hear about the four dungeons thing from the treehouse or something I have heard it nowhere I'm just wondering what your source is.

Regardless even if it is true my favorite game of all time is majora's mask and it only has four dungeon so no big whoop.

Did you hear about the four dungeons thing from the treehouse or something I have heard it nowhere I'm just wondering what your source is.

Regardless even if it is true my favorite game of all time is majora's mask and it only has four dungeon so no big whoop.

I heard from several places. Zelda Informer and IGN to name a couple. But I'm honestly not sure if it's true or not. With as big as the world is, it would be strange if there were only four main dungeons...

Majora's Masks dungeon were very well done. Complex, but a lot of fun and full of variety, especially considering the time-frame development.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-zelda-u-to-have-4-main-dungeons-with-100-mini-dungeons-weather-patter

This is one place where I found it. 4 Majors Dungeons and more than 100 mini dungeons. Somehow I feel the dungeons will let me down. I mean 100+ mini dungeons sounds nice, but I don't think they would differ too much.

As long as they have enough variety it'll be golden. I mean as stated earlier, MM only had 4 dungeons and they were some of the best (in my personal opinion) in the series.

If its more like Elder Scrolls where most caves/dungeons are copy pastes, well it'll be slightly annoying.

I'm going to have to agree with Jedi, if the dungeons are MM-calibur I'm not going to mind. Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple are my favorite dungeons in the series <3

If they're weak... I'd be pretty bummed.

I'm going to have to agree with Jedi, if the dungeons are MM-calibur I'm not going to mind. Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple are my favorite dungeons in the series <3

If they're weak... I'd be pretty bummed.

Great Bay is quite interesting to navigate, I only really find it annoying when I'm trying to get the Stray Fairies haha. I also think Snowhead and Woodfall do a good job at being fairly challenging for earlier dungeons. Plus I love dungeons that use snow/ice themes in general.

Woodfall surprisingly sticks out despite all the other forest like dungeons too, it takes the swamp aesthetic more, and i'm just gonna have to gush more and more hahaha, Stone Tower was really fun because it challenged all your forms and was just plain interesting to roam around in, I just hope they keep the good dungeon roll up, Zelda dungeons have usually always been fun to at least go through once.

Edited by Jedi

Great Bay is quite interesting to navigate, I only really find it annoying when I'm trying to get the Stray Fairies haha. I also think Snowhead and Woodfall do a good job at being fairly challenging for earlier dungeons. Plus I love dungeons that use snow/ice themes in general.

Woodfall surprisingly sticks out despite all the other forest like dungeons too, it takes the swamp aesthetic more, and i'm just gonna have to gush more and more hahaha, Stone Tower was really fun because it challenged all your forms and was just plain interesting to roam around in, I just hope they keep the good dungeon roll up, Zelda dungeons have usually always been fun to at least go through once.

Yeah, they're pretty good too, I'm just massively biased for Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple.

I more or less agree with what you said, though.

^^ its just nice to talk to another Majora's Mask fan, I hope we get something kind of like the mansion in Twilight Princess or even the Goron Mines as well, because I adored those too.