QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a student at the Realschule, Wittgenstein was influenced by Austrian philosopher Otto Weininger's 1903 book Geschlecht und Charakter (Sex and Character). Weininger (1880–1903), who was also Jewish, argued that the concepts male and female exist only as Platonic forms, and that Jews tend to embody the platonic femininity. Whereas men are basically rational, women operate only at the level of their emotions and sexual organs. Jews, Weininger argued, are similar, saturated with femininity, with no sense of right and wrong, and no soul. Weininger argues that man must choose between his masculine and feminine sides, consciousness and unconsciousness, Platonic love and sexuality. Love and sexual desire stand in contradiction, and love between a woman and a man is therefore doomed to misery or immorality. The only life worth living is the spiritual one—to live as a woman or a Jew means one has no right to live at all; the choice is genius or death. Weininger committed suicide, shooting himself in 1903, shortly after publishing the book.[66] Many years later, as a professor at Cambridge, Wittgenstein distributed copies of Weininger's book to his bemused academic colleagues. He said that Weininger's arguments were wrong, but that it was the way they were wrong that was interesting.[67]

Oh and here's one existential comic strip that has Wittgenstein.

http://existentialcomics.com/philosopher/Ludwig_Wittgenstein

to live as a woman or a Jew means one has no right to live at all; the choice is genius or death.

I agree with this, that is why I became a Jewish robot.

Edited by Help

generally if they randomly ask me what my red flags are then I know something is up

I'm a pretty good judge of character

ok actually if they start talking actual shit about a supposed friend behind their back that's a pretty fuckin massive red flag

not "haha @Lord Raven is a total nerd can you believe he still plays ike in smash" or something, but like actual vicious shit, especially if it involves spilling secrets one would expect should be kept in confidence

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

oh if they start spouting this shit that's right out