Heirs of Fate-End

Dai

Just finished playing this DLC and...

TOTALY WORTH IT!

The plot of the whole story was intriguing enough to where I couldn't wait until the next part came out and the feels, omg the feels when you have a child against their parent and Shigure's plan to sacrifice himself is just asdfghjkl.

Of all the DLCs I've played so far for Fates this whole little series is probably the best and I really love how they made Anankos' reasons for attacking the other realms the cliche "I seek world domination" thing and that,instead of full on destroying him, he dies alongside Lilith <3

Hehe, I like the subtle reference to Hidden Truths with Ophilia and Sollei being Owain and Inigo's children respectfully and having the gems that were meant to send the latter 2 back to Ylisse (though I wonder how Anankos' confused the kids for their fathers though).

I wonder what happened to your avatar too, Anankos said you were spared from being turned into one of his army (unlike the others)...but what became of you since you were spared?

I do wish that the credits had pictures of all the children reuniting with their fathers but it seems they only did the royals and the two Kanas, which is a shame.

And lastly, Matthew Mercer and Rena duet map theme...so much yes :D

Now to wait for the credit version of Matthew Mercer singing is put on YT :3

It already is. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks^^

Also, I keep hearing people say that there's a bad ending to the story that happens when the kids die, has anyone actually proven that?

Yes, I was so focused on the father/son conversations (hard to achieve all of them without leaving units vulnerable!) and so a couple of kids died. I didn't realise we had to keep everyone alive and the ending was awful. :(

It was a great DLC to the end. Best use of $10 scrounged up desperately out of pocket change in 2016 so far.

Keeping everyone alive was a bit of a challenge since I also wanted to get as many child-father conversations as I could, and I was using Shiro/Gaiu-I mean Asugi pair up to take down the right hand, which took far longer than it took Ignatius/Midori pair up to take down the left, meaning I couldn't get those two (or Midori/Ignatius) back down to the bottom center to get those three to talk to their fathers. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, because Nina and Caeldori weren't able to get anywhere close to their fathers before they were one-rounded by Ignatius and Shiro.

Yeah Shiro and Ignatius were VIPs in this DLC. What can I say, Generals are actually pretty cool in my book (even though I much prefer speedy units)

Corrins once again are special snowflakes even as victims -- out of all of the non-variable parents, only Corrins didn't get killed by the Vallite army (most likely got captured).

I think they did that so the player does not see the avatar's face (in the images of the children reunited with their parents, Corrin's face is obscured. They're too good for the camera I guess).

Azura was in the Japanese version too so I don't know why it was a surprise.

Yes she was there, but in Japanese, she only says "Swayed and being swayed" (the literal translation.) In english she sings the final part of the song with Shigure.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Watched on YouTube and while on the one hand I'm like "good they actually tried to make Anankos less one-dimensional and boring", on the other I'm really annoyed it took 2 Hidden Truths + 6 Heirs of Fate DLCs to reach a not even that impressive level of character development for the big villain.

Watched on YouTube and while on the one hand I'm like "good they actually tried to make Anankos less one-dimensional and boring", on the other I'm really annoyed it took 2 Hidden Truths + 6 Heirs of Fate DLCs to reach a not even that impressive level of character development for the big villain.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

Also, am I the only one who wasn't all that impressed with Mercer's singing? He's a fantastic voice actor, don't get me wrong, but I felt that his singing voice was a bit wobbly and shaky here and there.

Also, am I the only one who wasn't all that impressed with Mercer's singing? He's a fantastic voice actor, don't get me wrong, but I felt that his singing voice was a bit wobbly and shaky here and there.

I felt it was a good performance. For me at least, it was just hard to hear because... well I've never known my 3DS to have amazing sound output, headphones or not.

Edited by Xenomata

The "wobbliness" quality of Matthew Mercer's singing does bother me a little but I thought it was a wonderful performance nonetheless. He sounds great.

Regarding this arc, the child-parent conversations are lovely. How I do wish they'd get more lines if the appropriate child were to land the finishing strike as well.

I liked this DLC. It was pretty nice.

The thing is, how often does Matthew Mercer sing right? Shigure's Japanese voice actor has TONS of singing experience from prior roles thanks to Character singles and other singing opportunities. So, he's gonna sound more polished and experienced. His voice actor is even singing for his character in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

If this was one of the few times that Matthew Mercer sang, then he did a fine good job in my book for someone who doesn't sing on a daily basis.

Edited by carefreejules

Yeah, that really sucks.

Taking all of the depth of the villain out and putting them in optional DLC's was an awful idea.

It's both sad and ridiculous, in a way. Sad because he only wants to relive his glory days (only to find out each world is pretty much Fated to see Valla as a deserted land) and ridiculous because of the lengths he went to attempt to achieve that ("Insanity is doing the exact same f---king thing over and over again expecting s--- to change.").

Music is great, nice to see some details pulled from Hidden Truths DLC, and twin Kanas (even having a C-support with one another!) complete with twin Omega Yatos are pretty hype. Map (on Normal difficulty, that is) isn't too particularly hard to clear, especially if you're not too focused on going after the special father+child and uncle+nephew/niece conversations.

Corrins once again are special snowflakes even as victims -- out of all of the non-variable parents, only Corrins didn't get killed by the Vallite army (most likely got captured).

inb4 Corrin amiibo allows Corrins of opposite gender to S-support and have twin Kanas

Well Corrin IS Anankos' child...I don't get why he'd kill him/her. My guess is that he called his army off wherever Corrin was so they wouldn't kill his child

Those are my thoughts exactly.

I think it seemed 'wobbly and shaky' because he was trying to sing in Shigure's voice. It's hard to sing when you aren't using your natural voice so I think he pulled it off amazingly since I don't think he actually sings much.

Honestly, I think they didn't do character development for him, I just think that they had that planned him to be like he is in the Heirs of Fate DLC, but with so many people wanting their waifus and hounding them for a release date I think they had to make kids a thing, thus making them having to change some stuff.

Well Corrin IS Anankos' child...I don't get why he'd kill him/her. My guess is that he called his army off wherever Corrin was so they wouldn't kill his child

That is true though in Revelation, he only cared that Corrin is of his bloodline just for the purposes of possession. And as shown in Conquest and Revelation, he's willing to use a person's death to obtain a new puppet.

I think I would have liked it more if...

we didn't has a dues ex machina of the fourth verse bring back everyone who died in every Birthright/Conquest timeline (or rewinding time, its really not clear how this even works). It is just so silly and really invalidates everything in Fates, given how easily it fixed everything. Why didn't we even have its existance brough up at all ever in the actual plot.

Why do we have this apparently kill Anankos innevery non-revelations timeline. How is Lilith strong enough to send like 20 people between worlds when Anankos could only do 3. Why do we have random generic kids solving the Anankos problem when our actual Birthright/Conquest playthroughs were destroyed (then fixed) of screen? Why should we care about anyone in this DLC when they are random parallel versions of the characters?

I mean, finding out this all happened because failed Revelations Corrin was a srub and actually died on the Anankos fight at least confirmed my suspicions that he/she is a incompetant idiot, so theres that...

Edited by TheWerdna

I think I would have liked it more if...

we didn't has a dues ex machina of the fourth verse bring back everyone who died in every Birthright/Conquest timeline (or rewinding time, its really not clear how this even works). It is just so silly and really invalidates everything in Fates, given how easily it fixed everything. Why didn't we even have its existance brough up at all ever in the actual plot.

Why do we have this apparently kill Anankos innevery non-revelations timeline. How is Lilith strong enough to send like 20 people between worlds when Anankos could only do 3. Why do we have random generic kids solvinh the Anankos problem when our actual Birthright/Conquest playthroughs were destroyed (then fixed) of screen? Why should we care about anyone in this DLC when they are random parallel versions of the characters?

I mean, finding out this all happened because failed Revelations Corrin was a srub and actually died on the Anankos fight at least confirmed my suspicions that he/she is a incompetant idiot, so theres that...

Didn't they say Azura couldn't sing the fourth verse?

Edited by eclipse

Didn't they say Azura couldn't sing the fourth verse?

Yes, but Shigure totally could. I mean, he would die when he used it to kill Anankos, but apoarently resurrecting countless timelines with it is totally a thing he can do. Like i get why it wasn't used, its more that is never even gets mentioned. It just comes out of nowhete

Edited by TheWerdna

Which is annoying because I really wish Fates did more of its own thing. We did not need Future Past 2: Electric Boogaloo. If I wanted to play Future Past, I'd go play Future Past again. Do something new Fates, please.

If you notice your post was edited by me, it was to fix tags. Sorry~!

It took me a while to finish this DLC. This is one of the few times where I had the volume up in this game, because goddamn Shigure has a sexy voice.

This map's gonna be a pain in the neck to spam, since I really like Point-Blank Shot.

Had to do crazy things like have Shiro wreck stuff with a Dual Katana. Ignatius was easily MVP here, for tanking every last non-magical hit. Siegbert gets honorable mention for baiting Leo and surviving like a boss.

Gotta go get the bad ending now, which shouldn't be too hard since Kaden's a dodgy guy.

Exactly.

IS has taken TOO well to DLC here; Awakening's was completely fanservice and separate from the main game.

Exactly.

IS has taken TOO well to DLC here; Awakening's was completely fanservice and separate from the main game.

As if the amounts of disc-locked content aren't enough proof as is...

As if the amounts of disc-locked content aren't enough proof as is...

Really, that's why I'm not buying any of it. I bought the LE of their game and that's it.