The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

i been sleep

Disinnocence

(guitar hero was my intro to rock music tbh) so this post-punk revival band went full bore and named themselves after a tune by The Smiths, now that's adorable. i like how much space they give each member to play like a lead instrument; makes sense that a music rhythm game would be the best home for them. gonna have to agree with disinnocence and say that the drums are what matter. kinda like fellow revivalists The Strokes: if one of their songs comes on i listen for drums and only drums

Excellen

ooh, this i like. most "indietronica" types sound as if they're trying to hide in their music, but this guy really wants you to hear his well-thought-out lyrics. intrigued enough to put on his self-titled album and run some dutch thru the illuminating google translate online service

Knight Falchion

ye olde-timey jazz singers forever, honestly. this stuff's such an easy sell to me, i say, as i listen to it for free, on youtube

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ANTHONY FANTANO DIDN'T LIKE THIS RECORD, but who cares what that MELON FAced cUCK who should go back to reviewing MEMES. but yeah, it's foxing, a band who has terrible luck with their tours vans. this song is about the bassist's experiences in afghanistan. pretty sad stuff man, but it's pretty," said DisinnocencE calmly. This brings our Personal Afghanistan Experience Songs up to two!

De Zevende Nacht: quite pleasant; I enjoyed the subtle instrumentation and the dynamic change going into the chorus. Everything blended nicely too!

Witness: can I, too, summon the powers of the banana clan if I recite the hymn? I hope further listening will answer this question

De Jour de l'Ouverture: great voice, easy to listen to, plus French always sounds great when sung

Indica: the melon is good for finding music I might like that I've never heard of, but I've always taken his opinions with a grain of salt (or several). That said, I like parts of this song (like the vocals) but felt it was a little too subdued at times

ping: 'Another breath of fresh air, this time from Germany, 2008. The album, Stadtaffe, was pretty huge in Germany back then, but I suppose it's hardly known anywhere else.'

Pretty Girls Make Graves seems like a pretty cool band I haven't heard of until now. I'll definitely check out more of their stuff later.

Spinvis is new to me as well, even though the Netherlands are only about 100km west from where I live. Very enjoyable to listen to, I really like the flow of the melody and the instrumental movement around it.

I liked most of the other stuff from the last two pages, too (haven't gone through the whole thread ;) ), but those two stood out for me.

@esme

i loved the fuck out of this dumb shit

@dijon

it was pretty enjoyable

@disinnicocnce 1

i liked it, i might check it out. the vocals i'm fine with, it's got that emo sadboy confessional aesthetic

@excellent

i can't put my finger on what this reminds me desperately of

@our very own parrheisa

not my style, but nick cave's voice is wonderful

@knight falchion

this song was adorable but it somehow reminded me of my background existential dread so thanks for that

im gonna take a nap and finish it later

I'm only a scientist in training but I'm pretty sure that exhaling follows inhaling regardless of the gas unless sudden death happens in between and that this song is good for the soul

Edited by Knight Falchion

donald trump

Witness (1 Hope): the beat may have been a bit too busy, but the spacey laser aesthetic made up for it. i'll vibe with it.

Le Jour de l'Ouverture: the violinist dying at the beginning was pretty good. i liked a lot of the subtle stuff in the instrumentation, but i will say i'm a little disappointed the song didn't break into a huge crescendo at the end, but i can respect them for not blowing themselves up.

Alles Neu: fuck those sinister strings were great. the rest of the song was pretty good, but really, i want to emphasize how good they were dude.

Inhale Exhale: my scientist licence was revoked after being involved in some... questionable experiments, but i can tell you that if you try hard enough, you probably can. it's worth a shot at least. song was good too.

time for my (not so) long-winded paragraph on "further listening: foxing."

Alright, so you liked this song? And you want more? I bet you do. Indica's probably the high point of Dealer (for me, at least), but don't let it sway you from listening to it, because it's a pretty enjoyable listen. Most of the album is very toned-down, soft and ethereal emo, post-hardcore/rock. There are some more... bombastic songs on the record (Night Channels, Glass Coughs, etc.) but the overall aesthetic is pretty quiet, almost to the point where there's not enough loud sections (the closing section of the album is too soft imo), but yet again, the whole record is very pretty and it's quality all the way through (considering your view on instrumental segues and/or interludes). Now, if you want more dynamic and exciting instrumentation but with the same style of Indica or Dealer, check out their debut, The Albatross. It's a lot shorter, but it's got more impact. It's generally louder, and more instrumentally interesting, but it's still houses the same style of their second record. Plus, there's no way you can deny the Bloodhound/Inuit pairing. It's just superb. So, don't listen to what The Melon says about Foxing, they're really good and you should check out at least a few more songs, just to make sure they're right for you.

Edited by Disinnocence

@disinnocence???

it was aight but didnt leave much of an impact

@excellen

really digging it. it gives me a big 70s vibe fsr. like he's listened to too much king crimson and mike oldfield

@knight falchion

i mean

@esme

10/10

@disinnocence

it was ok but foxing just doesnt do it for me

@ping

good shit

@dijon

that was fuken great. r&b pleases me easily

i've sorta been busy w/other things so i'm only doing today's and maybepossiblyhopefully catch up on the others later?

dijon mustard - i surprisingly liked it a lot! voice is nice and the beat is too

Nao - Inhale Exhale: "Dieses Video ist in deinem Land nicht verfügbar." So I watched two or three other videos of her music instead. Pleasant music, would listen to her again.

Saintseneca - Sleeper Hold: Wouldn't mind listening to them again, either, but to be perfectly honest, that song didn't really seem... outstanding to me, for the lack of a better word. It's a good song, but for me, it seemed to lack something special, to make me remember it. :/

long time listener, first time poster

smeeeeeee (eeeeeeeeee)

ooh got into this one fr (note: if i don't say "fr," i'm lying, bastardly). gonna look into this guy when convenient

DisinnocencE

dunno if it's cuz it's the triple crown records yt channel, but i kinda expected some Grand Rock Explosion that never came. thus, musical blue balls, self-inflicted. recovery is a long and winding road. sounded fine tho

ping

fun video but couldn't find a path to really getting into the vocals tbh (note: if i don't say "tbh," i'm lyi-

Knight Falchion

someone, not sure who, once said this band's alt-rock stuff is better than its folk-rock stuff, and i tend to agree

fun video but couldn't find a path to really getting into the vocals tbh (note: if i don't say "tbh," i'm lyi-

Random Wikipedia trivia: Peter Fox put a lot of effort into the lyrics to counteract his (in his own opinion) mediocre singing voice.

Continuing the theme, FUCKDONALDTRUMP adds; "i am fuccboi and i have not even finished listening to this song before submitting it. MF DOOM samplecore"