The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

The turn transpires. Healing occurs and exp is gained.

Joviana unleashes the Greatforger's power. A green light envelops the trees before her, and suddenly leaves strike out at two of the enemies! Thief A and B both take 15 damage, and Joviana gets 20 exp.

(73, 83, 41, 41, 80, 81, 16) Nautral magic, bonus skill and res (one point off each!)

--

begins.

"Master Timaeus! That must be the power of the Greatforger," Camellia expressed. "Are you sure we should not bring more attention to this group?"

"Intriguing... even so, our pursuits should likely lead elsewhere," Timaeus responded. "I've heard coastal Koerm is worth investigating as well. Unless things start to look better for us dramatically quickly, then I think this is ill advised."

"If you say so. Then I will lead one last charge. That one bears the marks of the dragons!"

Moves:

Camellia moves to H7, attacks Kaya, and moves to H5 after.

Thief A moves to H7 and also attacks Kaya.

Thief B moves to J9 and attacks Mikhaila.

Attacks:

Camellia hits for 11 damage against Kaya (30, 87), but is hurt for 5 by Dragon's Rage! A knife attack (5, 92) deals 3 more to her. Kaya gets 14 exp and a level up from the exchange.

(94, 11, 8, 50, 62, 3, 66, 80) Strength, magic, and luck!

"What a strange power..." she observed, before backing off.

One of the thieves approaches for further attacking on the not-really-defenseless healer, ultimately dealing 4 total (37, 53) but taking 8 (53, 93). Since Kaya leveled up this was a terrible attack. Kaya gets 27 more exp and 2 more wexp.

The last thief's attack is also ill advised. While it does hurt Mikhaila for 7 (39, 82), the counterattack (55, 94) damage of 10 is more than it can bear. 27 exp/ 2 wexp for her!

It is Turn 7 and only named enemies remain!

begins.

TWgLMHi.png

--

Spreadsheet.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another surge of power from the Greatforger, Raz lifted her head. Whoa, they couldn't do much about that, huh? It seemed that things had certainly shifted towards them... unless the mage had more tricks up his sleeve. Well, we can't give him the time, them. They could use the momentum gained to brush off that conflict for good, probably. "Let's go!" Walking up first, Raz made an attack against the retreating foe.

Raz to G6, cast Illuminate at Camellia.

Aria to H-7 heal Kaya.

Edited by Xinnidy

"Gah... Ha. You shouldn't mess with us if you don't want to face this power then. I've been given a blessing and it protects me against those who would try and end me."

Though Kaya's words were bold, the wounds were in reality nothing to laugh off. She stood as strong as she could for right now though, not wanting the enemies to notice how badly she was hurting.

Thankfully, Aria came to heal her fairly quickly and she was able to hold more strongly than before.

Edited by scorri

"I'm too old for your lectures, Kaya," Telmara hissed, feeling her wounds close up, the sensation showing her just how wounded she really had been. She didn't especially feel most of it, and she'd gone through worse, but maybe it would do to pay more attention to herself... "Let me take care of myself in battle," she grunted, this new woman approaching and striking at Kaya. Now that wouldn't do.

"Hey! Horse bitch! Eyes here if you want someone to fight! Attacking a woman holding a staff and a dagger, pretty low when you've got real fighters to go at!" Let's show her just how real these fighters are...!

Raz was already on the move, and Telmara wasn't about to hesitate.

Telmara to I6, Gust that foolish rider

"Hmmph. If you need me to let you take care of yourself in battle, then let me do the same. I know how to fight and I don't mind doing it when I need to." She couldn't help but be slightly irritated by the woman. It was like nothing she did was right so far as Telm was concerned. Ugh whatever. Just let her be reckless and heal her when it backfires. That's all you can do.

Raz pokes away at Camellia, (60, 98) scratching at her for 2 damage but Illuminating her. 13 exp/1 wexp!

Kaya is quietly healed up by Aria, 11 exp and 2 wexp for her.

And finally, Telmara's wind strikes true as well, dealing 8 against her. 13 more exp/ 1 wexp.

Camellia snarled at the incoming attacks. "Does your snake blood influence your mind so deeply, demihuman, or would you speak so regardless? You're not in a position to speak of dark tactics if you'd strike out of reach. And were this woman scared to fight, then why would she position herself on the front lines? If only I was as strong as I once was- you wouldn't dare to speak against my Venus Gospel then!"

Edited by Reinfleche

Between the warping reinforcements, weird stuff in the environment, the dishonest jackass up ahead, and the whiny ass who went after Kaya, Kolmar had had enough.

"Hey, shitty life choices on a horse! You could've fought the 'demihuman' fair and square, but chose not to. You could've stayed put, but chose to ride away instead. So don't fucking whine about it when we treat you like the cowering bitch you are." He didn't feel like advertising Telmara's name to them, even if "demihuman" sounded more like "subhuman with sugar coating" to him.

"You don't have to fight, just heal," Telmara said back awkwardly, unsure of how to rebuttal, and feeling unsure in having to rely on other people. Her own wounds were the fault of that as well, so used to fighting solo, so used to being able to. She snarled back at the rider, as her spell connected, chomping at the bit to curse her back for her words, but Kolmar stepped in before she could. She shrank, her wind stolen, and more barking would have left her feeling further awkward of the situation. All she had were icy eyes for this woman, knowing full well how strong her own magic used to be.

You talk as though something had stolen from you, as well, but this entire battlefield would be an inferno if I could just... If I could just...! ... Ugh! When does this torture end!? I thought it would go back with time, but every time I cast a spell, I put more into it than I have! I try to do more than I can... It tears at me! I shouldn't have to rely on these people like I'm some weak, little... "UGH!"

Mikhaila felt the bite of steel at her side as one of the summoned fighters swung at her, though she quickly dispatched him with a counterattack from her own blade. The enemy seemed to be thinning, but were not entirely dispatched, though it didn't take long for a different conflagration to pop up.

"Can the both of you not save your squabbling for a time when we aren't being bared down upon by a strange wizard and their cohort? We've more pressing matters at present." She called towards both Telmara and Kaya, shaking her head a bit. One of them was going to distract themselves to death at this rate...

"Just heal, huh? I'm trained to fight. I'll fight if I see a reason to fight. So move back and let me handle this. Oh, and hold this for a second." She sprinted past Telmara as she tossed her staff to the woman. As she passed the mounted woman, she grabbed her leg and pulled. Her momentum combined with her strength resulted in the other woman being pulled off in a clatter of metal. Sliding down to one knee, she kept her one hand on the other woman's arm and placed her dagger at her throat.

"Hold still or else you might now like the result. And you! Big guy! You'd better give up or your friend here is going to bite it!"

Kaya to I-5, stab the nice horsie lady

Edited by scorri

"Silence, fool!" Camellia shouted back at Kolmar. "Even with just this blade in hand, I'd have no trouble with you. Do not shout petty insults if you won't advance yourself!"

Aaron's attack hit her true (50, 40) for 8, but Camille's counter is a blow scarily close to his neck (49, 1) for the same amount. Still, 14 exp snags a level for his efforts.

(96, 2, 19, 80, 6, 63, 8, 28) Strength, Speed, Defense- a level anyone would be glad taking!

While Kaya's grab isn't the cleanest (94, 70), nonetheless Camellia falls hard. That's 53 exp for Kaya.

"Ridiculous," she spoke under her breath- but she did listen to Kaya and remain still.

"That's enough of that," Timaeus spoke. With a wave of his hand, Camellia vanished before appearing at his side in a golden shimmer, her horse running towards her. "This battle is a fruitless one. We shall meet Dimitrius, then head towards Koerm instead of the forest- you've seen for yourself that they're hardened enough for that."

"Yes, your majesty," the rider spoke a bit dejectedly, apparently not noticing her change in title usage before mounting her steed and pointing her sword at the group. "I won't forget this! The next time we encounter each other in battle, you won't be so lucky." She headed off down the road she'd travelled before, leaving only the time mage with the group.

"I was wrong to assume this task would be simple earlier. For now, you are worthy opponents." Timaeus conceded to the group. "I must be leaving. And you all certainly can't be following- thus I bid you farewell." The man unbuttoned a part of his cloak, withdrawing a tome and his face coming to view for a moment- red eyes paired with golden hair that stopped just around his neckline. "I am Timaeus, the most powerful mage of all Dominus in my prime. History will remember me soon enough- and you would be wise not to forget." Flourishing his arm, the whole of the group was enveloped in a bright light...

Timaeus and Camellia have retreated. Map 2 was completed in 7 turns!

[spoiler=bonus experience]Kaya receives no bexp.

Joviana receives 40 bexp.

Telmara receives no bexp.

Aaron receives 40 bexp.

Kolmar receives 35 bexp.

Itzal receives 40 bexp.

Raz receives 35 bexp.

Mikhaila receives 15 bexp.

Aria receives no bexp.

--

Time stood still. For exactly how long, none of the nine could tell. But when it resumed, the mage was nowhere in sight. The light in the sky hadn't seemed to change much, at least- the time could not have changed too drastically, but beyond that was uncertain.

"Wh-what was that?" Aria asked nervously. "I've never even heard of spells like that... but nobody is hurt from it, right?" She looked back at the battlefield- aside from some blood on the ground, no real signs that the battle had even happened remained, with all the summoned foes vanishing. "Those strange sand enemies, and now that spell... at least everyone's okay. Oh, but who's still hurt from the battle? I can help you if you need it..."

"Wha-- Kaya, wait!" Step back she says! Well, let's see just how well she... Telmara's thoughts were quickly silenced as Kaya managed to bring the woman down and off her horse, even if it hasn't been the most clean. She huffed, dropping her staff. "Show off..."

There was little time for griling, as everything seemed to happen at once, after that. The woman was warped, the man's intimidating visage was revealed, and time was--

Suddenly she could move again. She collapsed onto her tail as quick breaths filled the air around her. What a terrifying sensation... Did he actually stop time? Timaeus... The name fits the motif, at least. Still...

Aria spoke up, was everyone alright? Telmara thought back to moments before, who had been hit hard-- "Raz!" She turned and slid towards their mini-mage, looking her over to make sure things were fine. "Are you okay? You're not dying on me, right?"

"Nobody hurt, eh?" Kolmar growled. Kaya's staff work was enough to keep him on his feet, but it was hardly okay. It would be a bit before he could call himself fully healed. However, the looks on everyone's faces told him that this wasn't the time or place to bring up his worries. At least they didn't have to worry about corpses.

"So, where to?" he grumbled to himself.

The banter with the enemy was lost on Raz, both parties were making each other angry. Personally, she was more a fan of the more silent approach in combat, though she wasn't all that experienced in it either. In the end, both Kaya and Aaron advanced to beat the horse rider down, but she was then warped to safety at the last minute. That man, Timaeus, had retrieved a tome and--

"Oof!" Raz fell to the ground, having lost her balance. Ow, what was that? Calling the experience bizarre wouldn't do it justice. Time seemed to distort, things just... weren't moving. Did he just warp... time and space? She sat on the ground, looking up to the skies in vain reflection. There's so much for me to learn about this man...

She was shook off by a familiar voice. Telmara had approached her, which was... new. She hadn't expected Telmara to be the one talking, rather than being talked with. "Huh? I'm... I think fine." She scratched her head, "Took some nasty hits, was bleeding a bit more than I should've, but I patched the wounds a little. Kaya also healed me during the fight, so... I think I'm fine? Could use some rest after this." It was a good thing she wouldn't scar too easily now, but Raz only had so much blood to afford losing!

"Dammit... We need to get stronger. He's not going to be backing down and we're going to face him again I suspect..." Kaya slowly pushed herself up, still slightly unsteady after that magical attack.

Glancing around, she grabbed her staff from where it had been dropped and walked over to Aaron. "Here, let me help." Channeling her magic through her staff and into the armored man, she gave a satisfied nod as his wounds closed. "I wonder if I made a mistake... Showing off my power to them. Well, I suppose if nothing else, I helped show we're not to be taken lightly."

Edited by scorri

"O-Oh... Right. Sorry..." Telmara lowered her worried hands, relaxing down some. "Saw that you got hit pretty hard during the fight, so... I-I just wanted to make sure you weren't, er... Still hurt. And, yeah..." Awkward. You're so awkward. This is why you never made many friends at the university. I know you're trying, but this is painfully awkward... "W-Well, then... Glad you're alright. Sorry for, uh... Yeah." She found the ground and started having a meaningful staring contest with it, flipping her tome out and going over some of the most recent pages. "Should... Check on the others, I suppose... But, y-you can check on Kaya."

Telmara's quick... embarrassment? at Raz's refusal left the explorer a bit puzzled, tilting her head. "Uh... huh." She nodded back, thinking she understood what was going on. "It's the thought that counts, right? I'd be feeling much worse if I were still hurt and nobody came to look after me. Thanks!" She gave the snake lady a thumbs up, though Telmara seemed to have quit all eye contact by that point. "Uh, are you fine?" He took a step closer, slightly leaning towards Telmara to examine her face. "You took some hits too, right? Are you still feeling something?" Maybe she wasn't properly healed yet!

Well, that strange display of magic had taken care of a few issues, at least. The squabbling had been swiftly put to a stop, and the fighting was over, both positive. On the negative, however, the odd summoner had gotten away, nowhere to be seen... how bothersome. As the exorcist began to take a step, a thorn in her side, or rather, a knife wound, made itself evident. It wasn't overly deep, but it was still better off taken care of swiftly, lest it get infected. Stepping over to Aria, she dropped her hand from the wound as she reached the healer.

"Took one last hit before we finished the spectres off, if no one is in urgent need, it'd be nice to have it taken care of."

After using the Greatforger to harass the enemy, Joviana watched as the enemies went on a suicidal charge against the group. Insults were slung back and forth between the group and the lady on the horse. She was too far away to actually listen to any of it, but she could tell that the situation was getting ugly. Why do these people have to always insult their opponents before slaying them? There's nothing to prove in battle...

Then, everything happened too fast. The horse rider fell, and the mysterious mage rescued her, and claimed to be a Time Mage. Just as she was about to move towards him, everything seemed to stop. And then, he seemingly vanished. It took a few moments for her to put the pieces together, but she finally did, to her horror.

Wait...did he just stop time? That's incredible...and terrifying! Then he could've...easily stolen the Greatforger from me, without any struggle. So why didn't he? Are we being led into another trap?

Trying to clear her head of these thoughts, she ran back to the group,checking to see if everyone were ok. She first talked to Raz, having been concerned about her after seeing her almost collapse earlier. "Are you ok, Raz? I was frightened when I saw get ganged upon by the enemies. Are you in pain, still?"

"Ah, sure," Aria responded to Mikaila, approaching the swordswoman and healing her wounds using the stave. "You guys are so strong! Even though they weren't real people except for two, it was scary, but you didn't seem bothered at all. You just use all your amazing powers like your talismans or Kaya's special spells. I wish I could be like that." She smiled when the healing was done. "There, hopefully you feel all better! If not much else, I am glad I can help in that fashion."

Aaron breathed a deep sigh of relief as Timaeus left. Just what the heck is that magic? Was he just toying with us that whole time, or no? Kaya hurried to him with her staff, and reminding him that he'd taken a pretty thorough beating from the rider and the constructed soldiers. He was grateful for the help, even if his next few words didn't reflect it too well.

"Whatever your powers are, I hope they're capable of standing up to that." he responded,. He wasn't one to back down from a challenge, but this was certainly a trial. "If he considers an opponent, then I doubt this is the last we'll seen of him. Regardless of that..." A twinge of concern was on his face now. "You should rest. The last thing we need is you collapsing again." Perhaps the first time had been some kind of fate-induced coma, but that didn't make the priestess immune to exhaustion.

Edited by SB.

"I don't know if they can beat that. It wasn't anything I've seen before. Still it's not like our group isn't made up of powers that no one has seen before. Like my own magic." She grinned and raised an arm, twisting it to watch as the gold magic sparkled around the tattoo forming into scaled armor. She shrugged and flicked her hand to disperse the golden glow.

"As for the taking a break, I will but only because there's no one that needs to be healed right now. That whole thing was special. I mean, unless we run into the power of another gift. That might trigger something again, but it doesn't look like the Greatforger will cause it again given how it was used again in this battle and I didn't react at all." She stretched slightly and glanced around at the rest of the group. "It seems like we might be able to move on from here pretty quickly though. Everyone seems to be able to move pretty easily and there's no reason to linger here."

"That's true." Aaron nodded, thinking not only of Kaya's dragon magic, but also the power of the Greatforger. They'd only seen it in action twice, but both times it'd proven capable of powerful magic no ordinary wizard could perform. Thinking of that eased his worries a little, but not massively.

Aaron hadn't been worried about Kaya collapsing due to the afformentioned strange wizardry, but he didn't feel like pressing the issue. "That man mentioned leaving to search... Koerm, wasn't it? Perhaps we should follow them." he mused. Was proceeding to the forest still the correct course of action, or should they make a change of plans? He wasn't sure.

"Mmm, no I don't think that we should follow them. While we were able to beat those summons that he had, he was holding back. He never actually directly attacked us, except for at the end. I think that we're better off avoiding him for now. The forest might now have exactly what we're looking for, but it does have the bonus of avoiding someone that is, by all indications, stronger than us." She looked around at the rest of the group. "I think that if we want to take him on, we need to get stronger as individuals and as a group. There's no way that lone horsewoman was his only partner too. And she was holding back as well. Continuing on our path for now..." '...a terrible misfortune.' "I think it's the best move. We've no other real leads except for a path to avoid."