The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

Aaron gritted his teeth. We can't let them overwhelm us... There was more to their advesary than met the eye, but as long as they kept beating down his creations they would be alright. He hoped.

Aaron to H15, Iron Axe Soldier A

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telmara hits the soldier (17, 91) for 11, and learns a bit. They certainly don't bleed, but a bit of what seems to be sand flows from the wound before disappearing. She gets 10 exp and a tome wexp too.

Raz hits her enemy (50, 75) for 9 while the fighter whiffs (86, 60)! Her Endorphins kick in too. Almost at that full gauge! 10 exp and 1 bow wexp for her.

Aaron slays the soldier (35, 60). That's one small step for this battle, and also a small step only tangentially related to his dreams of being a king at all (step one: not dying). 30 exp and 2 wexp for him.

In summary: gj

Taking potshots at enemies that can't fight back is usually seen as dirty. Except in an actual battle, where surviving counts.

Kolmar to H16, chuck a javelin at Fighter B

"Oh... I knew it." He would have to get used to oddities such as this. It was not as if he hadn't been prepared to see absolutely everything possible. They seemed to behave like human soldiers, and follow orders like them--something like what he'd seen with greatforger, with the river? To materialize things out of thin air... "living" or not, it must have been all the same if not a similar concept. He pondered it as he prepared to charge forward.

Itzal to G16, use cutlass against fighter A

Kolmar's aim isn't the best (65, 91), but he does hit (Charisma strikes again). That's 10 damage to Fighter B and 10 exp/1 lance wexp for him!

Itzal strikes deftly! Much too fast for the fighter to hit, and he deals 19 damage total (39, 20) (70, 23) (85, 69). That nets a kill and 30 exp/2 wexp. That marks C rank swords for him!

Edited by Reinfleche

Mikhaila strikes down the axeman (63, 91) for just enough damage, netting herself 30 exp/ 2 sword wexp. Nice.

Aria moves up to E8.

Enemy phase will come up whenever I can get it, scorri's computer is totally busted for a while so this might take some time. Sorry!

Sorry for the delay! The new map is not a terribly elegant solution for now, but it is by far my easiest possible replacement for the time being.

--

begins.

Archer A moves 1 space left and fires an arrow at Itzal (66, 66 (lol)) to hit for 9 damage.

The other enemies move up a bit mostly, except Soldier C who stays in place.

Unknown uses Greater Conjure to summon three new units, all much closer to him.

--

It is Turn 3.

begins.

This is your map for now.

And this is your normal spreadsheet.

If you guys would prefer this map to be ON the regular spreadsheet, tell me. Or I could upload a picture of this as a file.

Edited by Reinfleche

There were yet more of the images now. Will he keep making them to replace the ones we kill, or...?

"Is everyone doing okay? If he keeps making those things, we should break out and find another way through." Right then, Raz bet on him being unable keep controlling them and maintain pace with the group. Hopefully her hunch was right, or didn't need to be tested.

Raz to E16, fire with her iron bow at Mercenary image A, quickswap to her Illuminate tome.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, November 16, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 16, 2016 - No reason given

There were yet more of the images now. Will he keep making them to replace the ones we kill, or...?

"Is everyone doing okay? If he keeps making those things, we should break out and find another way through." Right then, Raz bet on him being unable keep controlling them and maintain pace with the group. Hopefully her hunch was right, or didn't need to be tested.

Raz to E16, fire with her iron bow at Mercenary image A, quickswap to her Illuminate tome.

Heals heals heals from Kaya. 11 exp 2 wexp and Itzal back at full HP!

such heals

Raz chips away for 8 (29, 81), then Adepts for 8 more (12, 94). 10 exp/ 2 bow wexp.

Aaron smacks the mercenary (18, 32) but takes a counterattack (74, 19), dealing 10 and taking 8. 10 exp/ 1 axe wexp for him too.

That's it!

Edited by Reinfleche

Sand? What the... They're not alive, then. Constructs? Of some form? I've never seen magic like this either... What's going on? It seemed that their new mage friend was packing some rather impressive secrets... Secrets that Telmara wanted to pry out of him. They could figure that out when they got to him.

Telmara to J14, Gust Merc B

The two mages of the TURBULENT WINDS attack and both get a dank kill. (89, 44) and (64, 77). Mercenaries down!

30 exp/2 wexp for Joviana, 33 exp/2 wexp for Telmara and a level up!

--

(88, 63, 43, 53, 52, 36, 48, 2)

Skill, luck, and resistance for Telmara [from natural rolls]

Of course they wouldn't bleed real blood. If they're magic constructs... they have to have been built from something else. But what? And how? Itzal squeezed his eyes shut, and opened them again; he would concentrate on the fight. He charged for one of the... animations.

Itzal moves to G15, attacks Archer A with Cutlass

Huh. They didn't leave any for me. And here I thought I'd be able to kill stuff without having to clean off the blood afterwards.

Kolmar to H16 (and on the off-chance the archer is alive, chuck at Javelin at him)

Itzal smacks the archer man for 13 damage (45, 47), netting 10 exp/1 wexp. Then Kolmar hits straight on with his javelin (1, 75) for 11 more.

somehow this archer was level 3 so he gets 33 exp (and 2 wexp)

Aria moves up to G16 and doesn't heal Itzal because he's not hurt.

Enemy phase will come later tonight!

Edited by Reinfleche

... or this morning.

--

Enemy phase begins.

Soldier B moves in to strike at Raz at E15 using his steel lance (2, 71) for a 15 damage hit! Raz hits back with Illuminate for 5 at least. The soldier Quickswaps to his Javelin.

Archer B follows up to D15 on the soldier's move (63, 92), hitting for 12 more. In what is an increasingly likely trend, Raz barely hits that guy too (90, 78).

In total Raz gets 20 exp and 2 wexp, but is clinging on at only 3 HP.

Mage A moves to the brush on J11 to hit Aaron (42, 17) for 11 damage! At least he gets 1 exp.

Other enemies move up a bit but are in no place to attack.

Lastly, Unknown uses Greater Conjure, but only for one adjacent unit. How mysterious.

--

It is Turn 4. Player phase begins.

Map (sf code being kinda weird right now so long url): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4OED8FHIsrqLFUZikc0F8KrR2Hiw_6EZhFt_RLV-zI/edit#gid=2025100520

And your spreadsheet!

Edited by Reinfleche

The others would take care of the nearby enemies, right? Cleaning blood off of his lance was a pain, but cleaning sand/dust/whatever the crap the enemies spilled out of his mouth was even worse.

Kolmar to G13, equip Javelin if it isn't already armed

"Aaron! Watch yourself!" Tch... For all the armor he's wearing, it does little against magic. He has to be more careful! Kaya and Aria aren't right next to us, and if he takes another shot like that, it'll chop him right in half... Fool. "J-Just head back to Kaya... And Aria." Telmara could handle a mage like this, but maybe not alone, with the other constructs collapsing on them.

"M-Mihkaila, we have to do this together, to take care of it quickly. F... Follow my lead!"

Telmara to I12, gust mage A (98 hit, 9 damage)