FE10 Tierlist 2017

Vika: She has the same issues as Tormod and Muarim, only worse because once you finally get her back in part 4, you already have Naesala who's obviously loads better. 1/10

Rafiel: Herons all get a very low score from me because they can't fight and are very fragile and level up so slowly. They can't do anything for you except refresh units which is the only reason they don't get a big goose egg from me. Rafiel can restore four people without needing to shift which is nice, so he doesn't get a 1/10 either. 2/10.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 10 for Rafael. I'll do the same for reyson.

Also the lower tauroneo was me. I don't think being good a few chapters makes you in the 6 range. Even ilyana is less of a pain overall to me.

Edited by Augestein

I voted 10 for Rafael. I'll do the same for reyson.

Also the lower tauroneo was me. I don't think being good a few chapters makes you in the 6 range. Even ilyana is less of a pain overall to me.

Personally, I couldn't give Rafiel that high a score when he only has 4 maps before endgame, for which I prefer Reyson, and he's screwed over by most of the chapters he's in before endgame.

And I agree on Tauroneo as well - there's no way that I could give him a high score when he's only really good in part 1, where I'm better off training the other guys so I don't suffer later.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I gave him a 10 because if you use a ton of laguz, it's not a braindead decision to give reyson the laguz gem. But celerity on Rafael bothers the team less overall no matter what you use. Canto is hot stuff though. It makes it easier to use the healing passive.

I gave him a 10 because if you use a ton of laguz, it's not a braindead decision to give reyson the laguz gem. But celerity on Rafael bothers the team less overall no matter what you use. Canto is hot stuff though. It makes it easier to use the healing passive.

I guess you have a point, but that's a really specific situation, and with most non-royal laguz being lackluster in RD...

I agree - and it doesn't help Rafiel's case when most of his pre-endgame maps make it hard to get the most out of him.

Not sure what you're talking about. 1-8 is the only problematic one. 1-E is tight and slow, making it easy for him to keep up. 4-1 is rather condensed, so you don't have to move far in general, making keeping him around not difficult. He may need a boost in 4-4 but it's not much different. He doesn't need to always be refreshing 4 units to be useful.

I guess you have a point, but that's a really specific situation, and with most non-royal laguz being lackluster in RD...

This too is not a good generalization, as I can name multiple non-royal Laguz who are good: Volug, Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, Skrimir (technically royal but he doesn't have Formshift), Giffca, and arguably Mordecai are all decent-at-worst out the gate and for quite a while. Muarim, Nealuchi, Lethe, Ena, Nasir, and Gareth are all useful for a few specific maps. Really, the only non-royal laguz who don't do well anywhere are Vika, Kyza, Lyre, and Kurthnaga. Proportionally, it's not much different from Beorc.

I'm not disagreeing that most people probably won't use a ton of non-royal Laguz, just pointing this out.

Not sure what you're talking about. 1-8 is the only problematic one. 1-E is tight and slow, making it easy for him to keep up. 4-1 is rather condensed, so you don't have to move far in general, making keeping him around not difficult. He may need a boost in 4-4 but it's not much different. He doesn't need to always be refreshing 4 units to be useful.

This too is not a good generalization, as I can name multiple non-royal Laguz who are good: Volug, Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, Skrimir (technically royal but he doesn't have Formshift), Giffca, and arguably Mordecai are all decent-at-worst out the gate and for quite a while. Muarim, Nealuchi, Lethe, Ena, Nasir, and Gareth are all useful for a few specific maps. Really, the only non-royal laguz who don't do well anywhere are Vika, Kyza, Lyre, and Kurthnaga. Proportionally, it's not much different from Beorc.

I'm not disagreeing that most people probably won't use a ton of non-royal Laguz, just pointing this out.

1-E gets cramped at times (particularly the part where I'm trying to funnel most of my units through the stairs), and there are longbow archers to watch out for at the upper portions of the map. 4-1 is fog of war - needless to say, that's bad for Rafiel, especially with fliers out and about. 4-4 might be his best pre-endgame map, but that ain't saying much.

Aside from the hawks and Skrimir (and Giffca for obvious reasons), just how many of those are endgame material? (I'm not counting Nasir and Gareth because they join during the middle of endgame, or Ena, who's only available for it)

1-E gets cramped at times (particularly the part where I'm trying to funnel most of my units through the stairs), and there are longbow archers to watch out for at the upper portions of the map. 4-1 is fog of war - needless to say, that's bad for Rafiel, especially with fliers out and about. 4-4 might be his best pre-endgame map, but that ain't saying much.

I did say 1-E gets tight ("cramped"). What's wrong with that? He can still get two at once, and doing so can get them to said longbow archers. The fliers in 4-1 are pretty far out of the way and it's not difficult to keep Rafiel protected.

The point: these maps do not work against him. He's fine if you pay attention.

Aside from the hawks and Skrimir (and Giffca for obvious reasons), just how many of those are endgame material? (I'm not counting Nasir and Gareth because they join during the middle of endgame, or Ena, who's only available for it)

Volug and Ranulf may take a bit of extra work, but they can certainly be good endgame material. But so what? As I mentioned, in proportion it's not much different from Beorc. You have your group that is good long term, the ones that have immediate use and probably won't be used again, and then the bad ones. Only two, Kyza and Lyre, actually have a solid chunk of screen time and are bad, and Kyza can actually be made okay with effort.

I did say 1-E gets tight ("cramped"). What's wrong with that? He can still get two at once, and doing so can get them to said longbow archers. The fliers in 4-1 are pretty far out of the way and it's not difficult to keep Rafiel protected.

The point: these maps do not work against him. He's fine if you pay attention.

Volug and Ranulf may take a bit of extra work, but they can certainly be good endgame material. But so what? As I mentioned, in proportion it's not much different from Beorc. You have your group that is good long term, the ones that have immediate use and probably won't be used again, and then the bad ones. Only two, Kyza and Lyre, actually have a solid chunk of screen time and are bad, and Kyza can actually be made okay with effort.

What's this about the fliers being "out of the way"? Last I checked, some of them do come after you, and I'm not sure that it's worth risking my game to fliers I can't track just so Rafiel can refresh someone.

Maybe that's true on paper, but in practice, beorc tend to improve much faster than laguz.

Vika - same as tormod and muarim, except she's way worse than both. to be fair she's pretty solid in that swamp chapter and the raven evasion is pretty cool, but that's about it. 3.5/10.

rafiel - along with reyson, probably the best refresher in the entire fire emblem series. i know the optimizing crowd prefers him because he can refresh 4 from the get go without a gem in endgame, but what he can do is pretty awesome either way. 9/10

Vika: the least of the Tormod group has all the same problems plus is not as good as Muarim and Tormod. 3/10

Rafiel: Dancer that uses four space, but moves less doesn't have canto and only has a couple of chapter so he is a 9 would be 10 otherwise. 9/10

Nailah

Growthrates (%)

HP: 60

Strength: 30

Magic: 15

Skill: 20

Speed: 20

Luck: 45

Defense: 30

Resistance: 30

Skill: guard, glare

Affinity: wind

Nailah is the very first Laguz royal you get, and Laguz royals are OP in this game. To say it short: She’s a beast. She destroys everything in part 1. Even untransformed she can onerund some knights. She returns in part 4 and even there she literally eats everything. Only the swordmasters in 4-4 survive if she doesn’t activate savage

Nevertheless she’s probably the „worst“ Laguz royal in the game because Caineghis is much stronger and Tibarn and Naesala are fliers. Sure, Naesala starts only with S-strike but there are a couple of chapters you to fix it and he has more room to grow for being lower level.

In 1-8 she’s really appreciated to save lots of turns and in 1-E you can use her as panic button.

Glare is very nice to give some free kills to the other units, but the hitrate is very low.

Since her exp. gain is very low till the end and her growthrates aren't good anyways you should only use her if you don't have any other choice.

In endgame she's definitely a great choice. She needs only one speed point to double Ashera's aura.

9 / 10

Black Knight

No growthrates because already maxed level.

Skill: imbue, nihil

Affinity: darkness

BK is very hard to rank for me since he’s only playable for three maps and is maxed level already.

In 1-9 he tries to protect Micaiah somehow.

In E-1 you are forced to bring due to story reason. He serves there as a wall and panic button as Nailah.

He returns in 3-6 after a few turns where he’s needed the most. He can be placed unequipped on the frontline to block the Laguz. Your allies from the second line (Leonardo, Edward, Micaiah…) can claim some kills easily.

In the latter two chapters he mainly serves to protect your allies. He’s not really here to be used in combat unless you have no other choice.

unranked

Notes:

• Added Soul's and Eclipse's votes.
  • Cut Vika's ten and one of Rafiel's tens.
  • Also made the current poll public.
Edited by Eleanor Hume

Nailah

She's a Laguz royal. She's a freakin' beast. However, she's probably the worst of the royals, Caineghis is better and the other two are fliers. But she's still a beast.

9/10

BK

There's no denying that the BK is another beastly unit, NOTHING can hurt him! That could warrant a perfect 10/10 score, but...you don't get him for hardly any maps, and he could easily steal much needed experience points from other unites who really need it if you use him as a crutch too much.

8/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Nailah - Look at those stats and that formshift. Nothing needs to be said. Well, except that lack of ranged combat puts her down a bit. 9/10

Black Knight - Combat-wise, a literal perfect unit in that he kills anything he comes in contact with at 1-2 range and can't be hurt in the maps when he's under your control. Put down a bit by poor mobility and the late join in 3-6, but still a godsend for unprepared players. 9/10

Regarding Reyson and teams of laguz, I want to point out that since Reyson doesn't see combat, a Laguz Stone works well in place of a gem; his gauge likely won't empty on most maps. And you can buy loads of those right before Endgame. So even teams of many laguz (I've run an all-laguz endgame team) don't really weaken the case for Reyson.

Nailah: 9.5/10. Absolutely awesome for 9 maps. There are some knocks on her like no Canto or 2 range but she's one of the hardest units to kill in the game, and gets four pre-endgame maps, the most of any laguz royal. Maybe it's just me but some of the maps she can help out on are unusually difficult, like 1-E and 4-4, which makes her OPness there invaluable. Also I'd certainly argue she's better than Naesala even only considering their shared availability (her notably better atk/def/luck/no bow weakness is more valuable to me than Canto, and the flying doesn't matter in Endgame aside from E-1 a little), but ultimately this is irrelevant.

Zelgius: I have a hard time giving him a score, since he's a pure temp. But... obviously great in 1-9 (can be essential easily enough), and the only knock on him in 1-E is that he only has 6 move, so he isn't as good as Nailah for murdering thieves and the siege tome user. But he's still "you win the fight" so yeah. In 3-6 I rarely find him relevant but he does instantly win the fight again if you're having trouble. I guess 8ish seems fine?

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

Nailah - Who cares about growths, she'll murder everything with her bases. If she had any sort of 1-2 combat, she'd break the game in half. 9.5/10, with bias because she looks like she'll rip your heart out.

Black Knight - His movement is meh, and he doesn't gain experience properly. Still, anything that challenges him dies, so leave him next to some irritating reinforcement spawn point and laugh. The desert sucks. 7.5/10, mostly because I'm salty that I can't keep him.

Edited by eggclipse

nailah - fantastic, obviously. the swamp chapter and endgame of part 1 become extremely trivial, though you probably still want to train your other units. then she joins the mercs in part 4, and is still useful because her movement is well appreciated in oliver's mansion. 9.5/10

black knight - yeah so the first time i played this game my db units were terrrrible, and wow the huge surprise and sigh of relief when mr. burger king arrives in 3-6. essential to clearing 1-9 obviously. great tank and distraction in 1-e. he's almost useless in the desert chapter, because you have naesala and ideally haar+jill and his movement is awful, but that's ok. have to say, major props to the devs for how they handled this unit. after path of radiance, it's really cool and chilling when he makes his surprise appearance for the first time in this game. 9/10

Edited by Radiant head

I love Nailah. Her only downfall is lack of 2 range but she has some other tools at her disposal that makes this less of a problem. Great movement but she can still climb ledges, no gauge to worry about, she can even Glare enemies to feed kills if you're lucky. Her availability isn't even that bad considering how strong she is. I use her to just destroy those damn thieves in 1-E since no one else can really catch them.

I'm kind of at a loss of how to rate the Black Knight. Despite being functionally invincible he really only shines in 1-9 because of the fog and tight quarters making you go on the hyper defensive to keep Micaiah safe. He's not as useful in 1-E as you'd hope due armor knight movement although you can literally toss him at anyone for no loss. If you were poor at training, the Burger King and Nailah are your delete buttons in the part 1 finale. For the rest of the game he doesn't really do anything because he arrives so late or arrives in a position where he can't really make it to the frontline.

Nailah - Who cares about growths, she'll murder everything with her bases. If she had any sort of 1-2 combat, she'd break the game in half. 9.5/10, with bias because she looks like she'll rip your heart out.

Black Knight - His movement is meh, and he doesn't gain experience properly. Still, anything that challenges him dies, so leave him next to some irritating reinforcement spawn point and laugh. The desert sucks. 7.5/10, mostly because I'm salty that I can't keep him.

Did you vote in the poll?

Because I don't see yours.

If you never ever did it, then I'll add the votes from your comments (except for Tormod + Muarim) in my table.