I Find That Felica is Better Than Jakob

Captain Karnage

Reclassing him to get skills is a decent idea though. Tsubaki, that is. Never felt the need to take Hinata out of his base class set.

Edited by Refa

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this is funny because

Tsubaki and Hinata get so much worse when you reclass them out of their base classes.

Both make incredibly competent Blacksmiths and, if you do the right supports, Spearmasters. Unlike Hinata, Subaki has the SKL to handle Oni Chief as well.

As well as generals and wyverns but ehh...

Reclassing him to get skills is a decent idea though. Tsubaki, that is. Never felt the need to take Hinata out of his base class set.

Hinata can get shove for drafts!

Conquest Lunatic and Birthright Lunatic are very different games. Conquest Lunatic keeps the same stats as in Hard Mode, only changing the gimmicks of the map, ammount of enemies and enemy skills. Brithright Lunatic beefes up enemy stats marginally while still keeping enemies at a lower level than in conquest. This means that in Birthright your units will be at lower levels while also perform worse against enemies. It's far harder to work around weaknesses in Birthright, specially when you get units like Ryoma that so damn ridiculous.

In Conquest even the famed Xander has his own weaknesses to magic as well as lacking speed, while Camilla is prey to bows. Yet experience is more abound, thus leveling and strengthening units is easier even in Hard mode because enemies are at simply at higher levels. Just picture this, Birthright chapter 22 still has unpromoted enemies, while Conquest chapter 18 is all promoted enemies. Units in birthright other than the few you dump everything into, namely Corrin and Ryoma, do not get higher than level 20/15 by chapter 27.

Why do you speak as if Ryoma himself was frail? He has terrific HP value for Fates, good defense and on top of that he has good avoidance and on top of that Guard Stance blocks.

By my standards, a liability's a liability, and the different circumstances of Conquest and Birthright do jack shit to change that. Arthur is a really blooming big liability, with hit rates I can't rely on, a tendency to be at risk of critical hits, and he ain't nearly bulky enough to make up for it.

Well, that's certainly something I can agree on - nobody's perfect.

Erm, because his class has "Fragile Speedster" written all over it? It especially shows once Birthright takes off the kid gloves. And once again, evade isn't nearly as reliable in Fates as it was in, say, GBA.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What were the developers smoking when they made a slow, unskilled Samurai, anyway? Or a slow Sky Knight? Low strength, I can see, since Marcia in FE9/10 also had sort of low strength, but low speed on a class that runs on that stat? Come on, people!

What was even the point?

Oh, yeah, I know. Forcing you to use their royal equivalents, that's what. It is also what bothers me most in Fire Emblem Fates. That they try to force you to use the Royals, male Royals especially.

By my standards, a liability's a liability, and the different circumstances of Conquest and Birthright do jack shit to change that. Arthur is a really blooming big liability, with hit rates I can't rely on, a tendency to eat a lot of critical hits, and he ain't nearly bulky enough to make up for it.

Well, that's certainly something I can agree on - nobody's perfect.

Erm, because his class has "Fragile Speedster" written all over it? And once again, evade isn't nearly as reliable in Fates as it was in, say, GBA.

Agree 100%. Shaky hit rates are the reason I don't usually use Charlotte, Setsuna, Hinata, Niles, Ryoma or Camilla in no-grind playthroughs, either.

Ryoma especially is overhyped as all get-out. In my opinion anyways.

What were the developers smoking when they made a slow, unskilled Samurai, anyway? Or a slow Sky Knight? Low strength, I can see, since Marcia in FE9/10 also had sort of low strength, but low speed on a class that runs on that stat? Come on, people!

What was even the point?

Oh, yeah, I know. Forcing you to use their royal equivalents, that's what. It is also what bothers me most in Fire Emblem Fates. That they try to force you to use the Royals, male Royals especially.

Agree 100%. Shaky hit rates are the reason I don't usually use Charlotte, Setsuna, Hinata, Niles, Ryoma or Camilla in no-grind playthroughs, either.

Yeah, well, it ain't like IntSys hasn't churned out characters whose growths run counter to their class before *cough Meg hack*. And if you want to levy character select forcing complaints against a FE game, I suggest you look elsewhere. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, well, it ain't like IntSys hasn't churned out characters whose growths run counter to their class before *cough Meg hack*.

You've got a good point there, although this time, it goes right down to their max stat modifiers, too, which matters in terms of post-game/online shenanigans.

Need a cough drop? ... That was a lame joke. I apologize.

Edited by DragonFlames

I'm not sure I've ever seen Ryoma have anything less than 95% hit even on Lunatic, unless an enemy was using Swordbreaker.

Camilla also is super reliable at hitting, so whats up with that?

What was even the point?

Bolded part #1: The game does very little to force you to use Takumi or Leo... or honestly any royal outside of Camilla in Conquest 10, though I do agree that Ryoma/Xander/Camilla are very good units out of the gate who stay good forever so it's fair to say the game encourages their use.

Bolded part #2: None of these characters have remotely bad hit. Hinata uses an accurate weapon type (which offsets his slightly shaky skill), Niles has a mid-accuracy weapon and 9+50% Skl is perfectly fine for his join time, and Camilla/Ryoma join with extremely high skill for their point in the game and Camilla has an axe rank to help make up for lower axe hit.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

I still feel like it ruins the game and is just a convenient excuse for developers to give us crappy characters like all three mentioned above.

I'd much rather have an entire cast of competent units and the skill scroll system (added to personal skills and some character having class skills they shouldn't start with sometimes) than the reclass system.

Because IS hasn't churned out crappy characters before, right? Seriously, I'd say Tsubaki and Hinata actually have something going for them, which is more than can be said for the likes of Wendy, Meg, Lyre, or FE9 Rolf.

From where I'm standing, you might as well be asking the impossible with a game with an entire cast of competent units. About the only way to accomplish that would be to make said game really easy.