I Find That Felica is Better Than Jakob

Captain Karnage

Flame Shuriken or not, most easily accessible Felicia builds are terrible at combat. Jakob reclassed to Paladin/Great Knight is a unit who starts lolbroken and stays strong for the entire game.

Jakob's best asset is reclassing to Paladin and stomping over everything, Felicia is much more a support unit.

What these two said. Trust me on this. Jakob roflstomping as a proper Jeigan as Paladin/GK is preferable to Felicia's Flame Shuriken shenanigans. She can heal and is a good asset early game, but Jakob can stomp, yo.

does jakob go past level 20 if he's not a butler?

Yes. Yes he does.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even if I feel he's not worth it in the long run outside of being a skillbot, his utility in the early game as a reasonably durable and strong 1-2 range unit is obscenely useful for chapter 8 conquest, and he does the job of being a skillbot much better than Felicia does anyway. Plus two demoiselles on conquest is redundant in the early game.

What these two said. Trust me on this. Jakob roflstomping as a proper Jeigan as Paladin/GK is preferable to Felicia's Flame Shuriken shenanigans. She can heal and is a good asset early game, but Jakob can stomp, yo.

The big issue I have with this is that on Conquest, you'd have no healer for chapter 12 short of having to burn another heart seal that you might not be able to afford to have to use.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The big issue I have with this is that on Conquest, you'd have no healer for chapter 12 short of having to burn another heart seal that you might not be able to afford to have to use.

To be fair all you have to do is capture the shrine maiden behind Hinoka the chapter before and then just talk to her once and boom, there's your stand-in.

To be fair all you have to do is capture the shrine maiden behind Hinoka the chapter before and then just talk to her once and boom, there's your stand-in.

To be fair, I might have gotten Anna and could be using her instead of Niles.

IMO Jakob is more of an Oifey than a proper Jagen, same goes for Felicia.

Edited by General MacArthur

The Pot chapter isn't that difficult and some of the pots even heal your units, and there are these things called healing items, that come in handy.

It's just three chapters into his recruitment, and it's a healer. It shouldn't be too hard. And outside of your specific scenario you need to bring him anyway for the treasure.

Be that as it may, if I can get Anna before chapter 11, Niles's prospects for an extended stay on the team are looking very, very dim...

You have concoctions by 12, you don't even need a healer for that particular chapter as previously stated.

Only 3, and while the pots may heal, as the game tells you, you'd need a guide to know exactly which ones heal. At any rate, it's hella inconvenient to rely on healing items that are either on the verge of being obsolete or very limited for my main form of healing.

Only 3, and while the pots may heal, as the game tells you, you'd need a guide to know exactly which ones heal. At any rate, it's hella inconvenient to rely on healing items that are either on the verge of being obsolete or very limited for my main form of healing.

The pots are random every time you reload the map (going back to MyCastle, but saving on the prep screen keeps the same ones), although I believe they are set from the first time you load the map on Lunatic and don't ever change.

Although it has been a while since I've played the map, so I could be remembering wrong. I might test it out once I get there again.

It's good to go through and write down which ones give the important buffs, or at least remember them. It makes strategizing much easier.

Also, don't forget Azura has her PS. I know it's no substitute for actual healing, but it's something to keep in mind.

Edited by Emerson

Aren't a few of the pots fixed? I've never played the map or seen anyone play the map without the first medicine pot being def+4.

And Levant, if your only response to my very simple capture-based solution to your healer problem is to say "I don't care about capture, I don't know what to tell you.

Felicia did't end up impressing me when I used her. The amount of damage she does with normal weapons drops like a rock and she's already struggling to do significant chip damage before the flame shurikens arive. I did't use her anymore when I got the weapon so she could improve after that, but she still faces competition.

Jacob performed a bit better. Crappy magic did't prevent him from being an ok healer in a pinch and he did quite a bit more damage then Felicia.

Flame Shuriken nerfs Felicia's avoid. She's already frail. In other words, she might be able to do some damage on player phase, but then she's in a world of trouble. About the only thing she has over Jakob IMO is status staves.

Jakob, on the other hand, can take a hit, offer a relatively unique aura on Conquest, reclass to something else, or continue his Butler duties, acting as a debuff unit. I think I know which one I like better.

None of the pots in Chapter 12 are random, they're all fixed.

My god, you people should verify your assertions before you spew them out.

To be fair, I did check multiple wikis among other websites for the info, and nothing said whether it was true or not.

And I did say I could've been remembering wrong.

Either way, it doesn't actually have anything to do with the main point of this thread.

Edited by Emerson

To the people that quoted me: I think the game would be much more balanced if reclassing wasn't available. Pally Jakob breaks the game until Camilla comes around who also breaks the game but does it even HARDER if reclassed, and then Xander comes along breaking more of the game especially if he gets Hero and Charlotte.

DLC is another thing. If the player is willing to pay up, he deserves the easier game. Grinding is also another story but the game gives you ninjas, scarlet and Ryoma so BR would need a whole overhaul to be difficult, and by REV it was pretty clear they weren't caring. I'd ban it too.

But reclassing needs to go. I know it won't happen and that it is here to stay, but i really wish reclassing died with fates. Or at the ver least that you could only reclass between the character's two natural promotions and nothing more.

Felicia would have been great, but she is a magic unit in CQ. You'd either need to be a kid character, Corrin, or someone with a very easy to fix flaw (Leo) to be a good magic unit in that game. In BR and REV she can still be as useful as JAkob if reclassed to strategist, depending on how much you rely on staves and support.

Flame Shuriken nerfs Felicia's avoid. She's already frail. In other words, she might be able to do some damage on player phase, but then she's in a world of trouble. About the only thing she has over Jakob IMO is status staves.

Flame Shuriken doesn't nerf her avoid hard enough to stop her from reliably dodgetanking magic up until Anathema+Enfeeble+Freeze combos on C26.

Also, in all maps but 17 and 19 (which counter magic anyways) it is absurdly easy to cover for Felicia. I'd say 21 as well, but part of the game there can involve freeze/entrap on Stoneborns.

Felicia, as a maid, can be used offensively literally in the same manner as you'd use Elise. The big difference is that she does need slight help to ORKO beefier low res targets like Onis and MoAs, in compensation for providing debuffs in attack stance. Or you can go strategist and have her magic and weapons become stronger there, too. With Elise available this is a little questionable in CQ, but she destroys things really hard in BR and REV.

To the people that quoted me: I think the game would be much more balanced if reclassing wasn't available. Pally Jakob breaks the game until Camilla comes around who also breaks the game but does it even HARDER if reclassed, and then Xander comes along breaking more of the game especially if he gets Hero and Charlotte.

DLC is another thing. If the player is willing to pay up, he deserves the easier game. Grinding is also another story but the game gives you ninjas, scarlet and Ryoma so BR would need a whole overhaul to be difficult, and by REV it was pretty clear they weren't caring. I'd ban it too.

But reclassing needs to go. I know it won't happen and that it is here to stay, but i really wish reclassing died with fates. Or at the ver least that you could only reclass between the character's two natural promotions and nothing more.

Felicia would have been great, but she is a magic unit in CQ. You'd either need to be a kid character, Corrin, or someone with a very easy to fix flaw (Leo) to be a good magic unit in that game. In BR and REV she can still be as useful as JAkob if reclassed to strategist, depending on how much you rely on staves and support.

Flame Shuriken doesn't nerf her avoid hard enough to stop her from reliably dodgetanking magic up until Anathema+Enfeeble+Freeze combos on C26.

Also, in all maps but 17 and 19 (which counter magic anyways) it is absurdly easy to cover for Felicia. I'd say 21 as well, but part of the game there can involve freeze/entrap on Stoneborns.

Felicia, as a maid, can be used offensively literally in the same manner as you'd use Elise. The big difference is that she does need slight help to ORKO beefier low res targets like Onis and MoAs, in compensation for providing debuffs in attack stance. Or you can go strategist and have her magic and weapons become stronger there, too. With Elise available this is a little questionable in CQ, but she destroys things really hard in BR and REV.

To be blunt, I seriously doubt that. Also, I don't really see Hero as worth it for Xander because other than maybe Axebreaker, which is a level 15 skill, and thus won't see much practical use, it doesn't give him jack that's worth "ooh"ing or "aah"ing over.

In what universe does a -20 avoid penalty "not nerf her avoid hard enough to stop her from reliably dodgetanking"? One where all the enemies are as blind as Zubats?

To be blunt, I seriously doubt that. Also, I don't really see Hero as worth it for Xander because other than maybe Axebreaker, which is a level 15 skill, and thus won't see much practical use, it doesn't give him jack that's worth "ooh"ing or "aah"ing over.

In what universe does a -20 avoid penalty "not nerf her avoid hard enough to stop her from reliably dodgetanking"? One where all the enemies are as blind as Zubats?

Hero only slighlty increases osme of Xander's stats, yes. But it gives him HP+5 for extra tankiness and Sol for even more survivability (remember that Xander has good skill which is made even better by Hero). Add that to Charlotte's stat bonueses and a possible Strong Ripóste if you A+ Laslow and Xander rocks the game even harder than before.

Felicia is still dodgetanking reliably because WTA+Tomebreaker+high spd+really high luck means she will have one heck of an avoid stat against mages. Attack stance helps as well, especially since her damage output generally needs a little boost if you are not fighting unpromoted enemies.

Edited by guedesbrawl