Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Alek said:

After many rerolls to get Lucina, manage to snag this opening roll. Definitely keeping this set.

3e1QsQm.png

It's a shame you didn't get Lil Tiki, but that's a really good starting point, nice pull.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Lucina is carrying my whole team atm, with some help from RallyAttack!Sharena and Tank!Oboro. I ditched Alfonse because he refused to get speed. :/

qpi2Fto.png

Strong, tanky and fast. <3 But 500SP for Aether is ridiculous. ;_;

And World of Blazing is pretty nasty, so just brace yourselves. xD I'm at 7-2 now.

No 5 stars for me. Max I got was a 4 star Jakob, which was pretty cool to me at least. 

Team I am running with ATM is Selena, Virion, Shareena, and Jakob. It's working pretty well right now. Also have Cherche and Corrin reserved for other circumstances. I could really use a healer though.

Edited by Tolvir

The game's out and yet I still can't download it because its kinda region locked..... so guess I have to play the waiting game.

So for those of you playing the game, Got a couple of questions

1. Are the songs remixed/reimagined or are they just copy pasted? If its the former, is Beyond the Distant Skies remixed?

2. Is everything in the game purely requiring Internet to play the game?

3. With the units being chibi, does it feel natural using them or it takes time getting used to that sort of thing?

4. Are units stats based on their original appearance? Like Ryoma being overpowered in Birthright and now here in Heroes, he's not like that at all?

5. Is weapon Durability there? If not, then do the weapons have any side effects like in Fates?

@Harvey

1. Mostly remixes. I'm not the best recognizing FE music so I can't give a detailed answer.

2. Yes. Always online. If you don't have some sort of signal the game won't load.

3. I have no problems. I don't think it's any different as the map sprites in previous games, specially the GBA and 3DS ones. The "chibi" style really I find more reminiscent of Paper Mario.

4. Eeeh... it's early to judge since I doubt anyone has tried every single unit, but I want to say don't take their original appearance as evidence of anything. For example, Gwendolin (Wendy) sucked in the original FE6 yet I'm kicking ass with here here.

5. No weapon durability. Weapons are actually more like skills in this game, since they are locked to a unit and can be upgraded as you progress (haven't tried it myself yet).

@Harvey

1. The songs are definitely rearranged. I don't remember what Beyond the Distant Skies sounds through so can't weigh in on that.

2. The game is online-only, yes.

3. Chibi battle animations don't bother me a tiny bit. They're rather cute, and every bit is preceded by a cut-in.

4. No idea about Ryoma, bit Lilina is a nuclear bomb with cardboard defences. Don't think it's actually based on their original appearances through, and more on their star ratings.

5. No durability here. Some weapons have unique properties, e. g. Brave weapons reduce your speed but make you double immediately.

Edited by Vaximillian

I assume you cannot summon Alfonse, Shareena, and Anna. They start as 2 star units, but I feel compelled to raise them just the same. Will I ever get the ability to make them 3, 4, and 5 star units?

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

The game's out and yet I still can't download it because its kinda region locked..... so guess I have to play the waiting game.

So for those of you playing the game, Got a couple of questions

3. With the units being chibi, does it feel natural using them or it takes time getting used to that sort of thing?

5. Is weapon Durability there? If not, then do the weapons have any side effects like in Fates?

3. Art styles are very varied. Jagen and Gunter are drawn with a more western, medieval influence with correctly proportioned faces. And Arthur is a straight up american comic book design.

5. Hidden weapons make a return from fates, and will drop the target's defenses for a single turn. There are also attainable skills that apply effects, such as forcibly moving a target when you initiate combat, or buffing/debuffing nearby units after combat.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

She was drawn by Senri Kita for this game iirc, so I can see it.

Shanna's art, for the curious

Hide contents

3GTyKz6.pngFdQgKjD.pngAGQgwtH.pngLT01Dwr.png

EEEEEEEEEEE~!

Shanna!

*explodes into multi-colored confetti*

I am totally going to try to get her and make her awesome in this game!

Edited by Frosty

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Harvey

1. The songs are definitely rearranged. I don't remember what Beyond the Distant Skies sounds through so can't weigh in on that.

There goes my hope....:P

So the levelling up? Is it the same that you can only raise them upto lv 20?

4 minutes ago, Harvey said:

There goes my hope....:P

So the levelling up? Is it the same that you can only raise them upto lv 20?

You definitely can go over lv20. The level-up-for-crystals interface indicates a maximum of lv40.

After lv20 you can pay badges and feathers to add a star to the unit and reset their level.

Edited by Vaximillian

^That...doesn't sound so tactical...does it?

EDIT: Then again, you had units that can overlevel in some games so I guess its bound to happen and make them better at some point.

Also...is Raven in this game yet?

Edited by Harvey

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

^That...doesn't sound so tactical...does it?

EDIT: Then again, you had units that can overlevel in some games so I guess its bound to happen and make them better at some point.

Also...is Raven in this game yet?

Yes.

Level and stats reset when you star up. the only thing that carries over is SP and skills. So feel free to keep levelling her for SP, but don;t feel pressured to, it won;t change her stats.

Even though my Gunter only has three stars, he's still clearing levels by himself. Hopefully I can get him to four stars soon, if I don't waste everything I have on getting Henry to five stars.

8 minutes ago, Reiyson said:
  Hide contents

Full_Portrait_Raven.png

Here you go.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looking at this magnificent creature......is such a joy! You know? I really don't care about their chibi appearance anymore! Just GIMME RAVEN! Although the hair seems to be more of a brown side than a red...idk.

Ok I take it back, I want to try this game out! If only because I realized that some of the art is AMAZING AS HELL!

But it just makes you wonder...why can't Eliwood be drawn by this artist instead of what its ended up now.

um...any idea if Geese is there too?

Edited by Harvey

It's just something that happens when you get multiple artists on a game(which you kind of have to do with this many characters), some will suit your tastes, some won't. Just try and get the ones you like and use them as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looking at this magnificent creature......is such a joy! You know? I really don't care about their chibi appearance anymore! Just GIMME RAVEN!

Ok I take it back, I want to try this game out! If only because I realized that some of the art is AMAZING AS HELL!

But it just makes you wonder...why can't Eliwood be drawn by this artist instead of what its ended up now.

They have alot of different artists but you can appreciate that they put effort into each one. : ) 
I really love the artwork for every character. Im glad we have such a thing exist to begin with.

Lucina is kinda broken all the way until like, Chapter 7 (Blazing Blade) lol. She hits hard enough to one-shot most things already, AND she can double them. Night Sky and Luna are just for flashiness. Her Falchion heals her every three turns, has 16(!!!) Might, and nukes young Tiki, who I believe is the scariest tank in the game right now. Then she can also give Attack +2 adjacent allies if you spend the SP. If it weren't for the fact that my Lucina got 3 levels with no stat ups in a row (do growth rates decrease at higher levels? Sure feels like it), she'd still be blatantly OP. The fact that I also have 5* Camilla (Brave Axe+ OP) to cover her weakness also helps.

Are Roy, Marth and Lyn also this strong? Lyn's calvary and armor effectiveness should be extremely handy.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I can't speak for Marth or Roy, but Lyn has the Sol Katti, not the Mani Katti. She does all of her attacks before her opponent if she initiates below 50% HP, but has no effective damage. Compared to Lucina she has more Str/Speed, but doesn't get access to healing through Aether of Falchion. She /does/ get Galeforce if you spend the SP to get Astra and then Galeforce itself, so she's a really strong player phase offense unit.