Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

I've been finding LOTS of Marth too

And a heavy swords party in general

Which is bad for me since my team is forced to have Jeigan now, so i can't use Matthew support for the ussual "Julia vs the World" strats.RIP

Whoa you use Matthew? I never thought I'd see the day.

You could use sharena and jagen for Julia support if she is that much of a major key to your team. Sharena, Jagen, Julia, and (sword user).

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Whoa you use Matthew? I never thought I'd see the day.

You could use sharena and jagen for Julia support if she is that much of a major key to your team. Sharena, Jagen, Julia, and (sword user).

Matthew only role is because he had Poison Blow putting unit inside Julia's KO range and he had that speed aura thingy for stuff that Julia borderlines on doubling.avoid doubles

Also bonus on how against Takumi, he can trade HP with Julia if its so needed, so its pretty cool

Really the only major key to the team is Olivia, but Olivia is the best unit in the game anyway

I want a Ryoma....Then I could but desperation and life/death on him to make a make-shift hana that can counter attack on range. Add a healer with rehabilitate behind him and watch him wreck everything thats not blue. Yes I am aware how horrible this idea is

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

I wonder how Healers will do running Poison Strike + Pain will fair for the lulz? 

They'll probably be alright. 20 HP damage is nothing to scoff at, probably puts most units into OHKO range by itself, and they can heal when they aren't ripping large chunks of HP off of people, so healers with Pain+Poison Strike could be very useful on the right team composition.

Personally, I would prefer Jaffar with Poison Strike, since he can actually deal damage on top of dealing 17 (10 from Poison Strike 3 + 7 from Deathly Dagger, if I'm remembering how much damage Deathly Dagger does correctly) damage and dropping enemy defenses to pretty much guarantee an OHK on most units that aren't finished by Jaffar himself, but he doesn't have healing and his defenses are gonna be poor thanks to Life and Death (at least, I assume) so I can see a case for Pain+Poison Strike healers being better than him in certain circumstances.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Recently, I pulled a Tiki (old) with +Attack -Res and a Corrin!F with +HP -Res.

These are both three stars though. Is it worth investing the amount of feathers to turn one into a 5 star? Which one do you guys think is better out of the two?

20 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

They'll probably be alright. 20 HP damage is nothing to scoff at, probably puts most units into OHKO range by itself, and they can heal when they aren't ripping large chunks of HP off of people, so healers with Pain+Poison Strike could be very useful on the right team composition.

Personally, I would prefer Jaffar with Poison Strike, since he can actually deal damage on top of dealing 17 (10 from Poison Strike 3 + 7 from Deathly Dagger, if I'm remembering how much damage Deathly Dagger does correctly) damage and dropping enemy defenses to pretty much guarantee an OHK on most units that aren't finished by Jaffar himself, but he doesn't have healing and his defenses are gonna be poor thanks to Life and Death (at least, I assume) so I can see a case for Pain+Poison Strike healers being better than him in certain circumstances.

The question is if Deathly Dagger's effect stacks with Poison Strike or if it gets overridden by Poison Strike 3 (Deathly Dagger's effect is identical to Poison Strike 2).

Pain probably stacks with Poison Strike because, if I remember correctly, Pain activates any time you hit the opponent whereas Poison Strike activates only when you initiate combat.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The question is if Deathly Dagger's effect stacks with Poison Strike or if it gets overridden by Poison Strike 3 (Deathly Dagger's effect is identical to Poison Strike 2).

Pain probably stacks with Poison Strike because, if I remember correctly, Pain activates any time you hit the opponent whereas Poison Strike activates only when you initiate combat.

Damnit, this reminds me that I need to update my battle sheet to ignore running skills multiple times if weapons grant one skill that already exists on a unit.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ah, damnit. I forgot about that. Forget that stuff about Jaffar being better for passive damage.

I'd probably still take Jaffar tho, since he can deal solid damage before the extra 7 is applied (especially when Glimmer procs) and applies DEF & RES debuffs so my other units can kill more easily.

On an unrelated note, I kinda wanna make a team tomorrow of Ursula (with Blarblade and Moonbow, courtesy of the spare Odin I got yesterday), Eliwood (for Red coverage and Hone Cavalry, to be plucked from the next Gunter I pull), Frederick (for Green coverage and Fortify Cavalry, plucked from my spare Jagen), and Jaffar (here to apply debuffs and kill things, though I may give him Dance and Hone ATK from one of my spare Olivias so he can have some extra utility) or Clarine (gonna give her the Pain+Poison Strike combo for lols, and Rehab/Heavenly Light/Live To Serve from Wrys because Ursula won't benefit from Swift-Winds Balm that often compared to a whole-team heal, and it helps keep Clarine alive). Would this have a chance of working?

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

and Jaffar (here to apply debuffs and kill things, though I may give him Dance and Hone ATK from one of my spare Olivias so he can have some extra utility)

The probability of being able to do that is slim to none.

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Aww... I wanted a dancing assassin tho.

Ah well, I can still give him Pivot or something, yeah?

The repositioning skills are probably unrestricted. At least, I can't find a reason why they'd restrict those.

Reposition and Smite both move an ally 2 spaces and are great on teams with armors. Pivot is good on an armor itself (lets you leapfrog allies). Draw Back is obnoxious beyond belief in the hands of the AI.

With skill inheritance just around the corner, I started looking at my units and came up with this:

I've seen a lot of people say they want to remove Triangle Adept from Sanaki and give her something like Death Blow, but in regards to my particular Sanaki (She's got Atk as a boon and she got +1 Atk from merging), I'm considering giving her Rauðrraven+ from a spare Henry to take advantage of Triangle Adept. If I read the damage formula right, her overall attack after a +4 Atk from Hone/spur/rally atk against a green or grey enemy would be 78, guaranteeing a 1HKO against any Green/Grey units with neutral HP and Res and no boost from merging(the magically tankiest green/grey unit I could find was Sheena with 45 HP and 33 Res for a total of 78 effective HP against magic).  

She also gets G Tomebreaker from Henry, but that's kind of overkill since no green mage will survive for a second attack. I could also give her Dragon Fang from a spare Sophia, but again, that feels like overkill. 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The repositioning skills are probably unrestricted. At least, I can't find a reason why they'd restrict those.

Reposition and Smite both move an ally 2 spaces and are great on teams with armors. Pivot is good on an armor itself (lets you leapfrog allies). Draw Back is obnoxious beyond belief in the hands of the AI.

Yeah, I've run into that. It's so annoying.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

With skill inheritance just around the corner, I started looking at my units and came up with this:

I've seen a lot of people say they want to remove Triangle Adept from Sanaki and give her something like Death Blow, but in regards to my particular Sanaki (She's got Atk as a boon and she got +1 Atk from merging), I'm considering giving her Rauðrraven+ from a spare Henry to take advantage of Triangle Adept. If I read the damage formula right, her overall attack after a +4 Atk from Hone/spur/rally atk against a green or grey enemy would be 78, guaranteeing a 1HKO against any Green/Grey units with neutral HP and Res and no boost from merging(the magically tankiest green/grey unit I could find was Sheena with 45 HP and 33 Res for a total of 78 effective HP against magic).  

She also gets G Tomebreaker from Henry, but that's kind of overkill since no green mage will survive for a second attack. I could also give her Dragon Fang from a spare Sophia, but again, that feels like overkill. 

That sounds amazing. Though, you should probably give Sanaki Moonbow or Luna instead of Dragon Fang, so she can maybe do some damage to Blue enemies sometimes (and overkill Green/Colorless enemies even harder), and maybe Threaten RES for the same reason (unless you need Hone ATK for something). And for the B slot, I'd say go with Daggerbreaker or Bowbreaker, depending on whether Takumi or Kagero is the bigger threat to your team.

Ooh, I can't wait for Michalis, I just hope I have enought to beat his map at least in the lower difficulty. (I think my Lyn could be able to handle him?)

Also, I want to lv up Narshen,make him at least a 4 star to have more axe users aside of Hawkeye, but right now I'm trying to lv up the Askr siblings and Anna, is this a good idea? To rise their stars to 4?

I need a bit more of variety too... And I don't have a ninja/thief/similar user, but I got 2 Jacobs, is him good? Or I keep trying to summon someone else? (I want Kagero but my luck dissapeared after Leo arrived haha)

5 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Ooh, I can't wait for Michalis, I just hope I have enought to beat his map at least in the lower difficulty. (I think my Lyn could be able to handle him?)

Also, I want to lv up Narshen,make him at least a 4 star to have more axe users aside of Hawkeye, but right now I'm trying to lv up the Askr siblings and Anna, is this a good idea? To rise their stars to 4?

I need a bit more of variety too... And I don't have a ninja/thief/similar user, but I got 2 Jacobs, is him good? Or I keep trying to summon someone else? (I want Kagero but my luck dissapeared after Leo arrived haha)

If you already have Lyn, I personally wouldn't bother with Alfonse (unless you just like him, of course), but Anna and Sharena are pretty solid. Sharena, especially, is worth taking all the way to 5* imo as she becomes one of the best lancers in the game. 

You don't strictly need a colorless unit, but if you really wanted one, Jakob's pretty decent. I don't have him though, so you should probably get input from someone else that does. 

EDIT: Do you have any mages? All of the units you listed seem to be physical, and I think adding in a unit that deals magic damage would help diversify your team more than adding a colorless unit. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

so no one is finding lucius viable at all? maybe when the updates in april roll he will be more viable? also i prefer to use the assult weapon over pain at lvl 30 he has 38 atk for me so idk. when inherit skill some ill give him renewal from lissa for sure and if anything he is a great counter to mages right? i mean yes he has no defense but most mages dont have a great defense so what makes a healer with decent attack rated as c tier?

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

That sounds amazing. Though, you should probably give Sanaki Moonbow or Luna instead of Dragon Fang, so she can maybe do some damage to Blue enemies sometimes (and overkill Green/Colorless enemies even harder), and maybe Threaten RES for the same reason (unless you need Hone ATK for something). And for the B slot, I'd say go with Daggerbreaker or Bowbreaker, depending on whether Takumi or Kagero is the bigger threat to your team.

With the exception of the slower charge time, Dragon Fang is going to be better than Moonbow or Luna.

Even comparing Draconic Aura (increase damage by 0.3x Atk, 3 cooldown) with Luna (-50% Def/Res, 3 cooldown), Draconic Aura is going to be better. On a neutral Sanaki with Raudhrraven+ with no buffs (50 Atk), Draconic Aura is a flat +15 damage (unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle), which means you need to be attacking an opponent with at least 30 Res for Luna to deal more damage. Having a +Atk nature and possible buffs only makes that gap wider.

And actually, Iceberg (assuming she can get it) (increase damage by 0.5x Res, 3 cooldown) will hit slightly harder on a neutral Sanaki (34 Res) at +17 damage (again, unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle).

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

so what makes a healer with decent attack rated as c tier?

If the healer has Kindled-Fire Balm, they are B-tier. Otherwise, they are C-tier. Healers are typically inferior to purely offensive units in the short confrontations that occur in arena matches, and staves have very little offensive power.

In extended confrontations, such as some of the maps against 5 or 6 units or the upcoming defense mission type, healers are more valuable.

Note that the tier list is specifically for arena use so only a character's merit in an arena team is taken into consideration.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the exception of the slower charge time, Dragon Fang is going to be better than Moonbow or Luna.

Even comparing Draconic Aura (increase damage by 0.3x Atk, 3 cooldown) with Luna (-50% Def/Res, 3 cooldown), Draconic Aura is going to be better. On a neutral Sanaki with Raudhrraven+ with no buffs (50 Atk), Draconic Aura is a flat +15 damage (unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle), which means you need to be attacking an opponent with at least 30 Res for Luna to deal more damage. Having a +Atk nature and possible buffs only makes that gap wider.

And actually, Iceberg (assuming she can get it) (increase damage by 0.5x Res, 3 cooldown) will hit slightly harder on a neutral Sanaki (34 Res) at +17 damage (again, unaffected by effective damage and weapon triangle).

If the healer has Kindled-Fire Balm, they are B-tier. Otherwise, they are C-tier. Healers are typically inferior to purely offensive units in the short confrontations that occur in arena matches, and staves have very little offensive power.

In extended confrontations, such as some of the maps against 5 or 6 units or the upcoming defense mission type, healers are more valuable.

Note that the tier list is specifically for arena use so only a character's merit in an arena team is taken into consideration.

lucius skills set doesnt seem to be that bad overall since he has pretty good attack and a decent anti mage on top of being able to heal for massive amounts. i understand that healers are not valued in arena but i feel like lucius being a tank healer can be of some use in arena overall as an offensive team due to his res bulk and lets say paired with someone like hector who can tank well when it comes of physical damage.

11 minutes ago, Shiro said:

lucius skills set doesnt seem to be that bad overall since he has pretty good attack and a decent anti mage on top of being able to heal for massive amounts. i understand that healers are not valued in arena but i feel like lucius being a tank healer can be of some use in arena overall as an offensive team due to his res bulk and lets say paired with someone like hector who can tank well when it comes of physical damage.

If I'm making the correct assumptions of the wiki's limited data, neutral Lucius has 35 Atk (+10 flat damage) with Pain and 42 Atk with Assault. Neither of those can be considered "pretty good" considering that staff damage is halved after subtracting Res. He might be able to tank magic decently well (35 Res), but he does very little back in return except against the few physically defensive mages. He also cannot take advantage of the weapon triangle to tank specific threats more easily. His low Def and mediocre Spd leaves him very vulnerable to physical units.

In short, the current metagame involves setting up positioning and taking out the bulk of your opponent's forces (at least 3 units) within 1 or 2 turns of first blood due to the fact that turtling is not an effective strategy with the amount of damage units can deal to each other in one round of combat. There's simply not enough time for a healer with weak offensive presence and no offensive support to place B-tier or higher in usefulness.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh. I didn't know that. I was just thinking that Moonbow/Luna would perhaps let Sanaki hit Blue enemies for solid chip damage, which I'm not sure she can do a decent job of normally thanks to Triangle Adept. Still, after seeing your calculations, Iceberg/Draconic Aura would probably be better outside of vs. Blues (and probably even then, too, unless the enemy's RES was high). Or maybe Glacies/Dragon Fang, but I'm not a fan of the charge times on those.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just noticed that I have a spare Niles,so I could pass her Iceberg if it's possible, since as good as Dragon Fang would be in terms of damage (+26 in my case), Iceberg's lower cooldown makes it more useful on a unit like Sanaki that shouldn't be tanking too many hits and won't be doubling a lot. 

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Huh. I didn't know that. I was just thinking that Moonbow/Luna would perhaps let Sanaki hit Blue enemies for solid chip damage, which I'm not sure she can do a decent job of normally thanks to Triangle Adept. Still, after seeing your calculations, Iceberg/Draconic Aura would probably be better outside of vs. Blues (and probably even then, too, unless the enemy's RES was high). Or maybe Glacies/Dragon Fang, but I'm not a fan of the charge times on those.

I don't plan on having Sanaki face a blues. I'm thinking of trying out a magic based team with Nino and Linde + another unit (whether it's Azura, Eirika or Nowi, I'm not sure yet). So the rest of the team could handle Blue and Red while Sanaki destroys Green/Grey and can help against Red. And yeah, as I said above, the damage from Dragon Fang is appealing, but the cooldown isn't. 

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I just noticed that I have a spare Niles,so I could pass her Iceberg if it's possible, since as good as Dragon Fang would be in terms of damage (+26 in my case), Iceberg's lower cooldown makes it more useful on a unit like Sanaki that shouldn't be tanking too many hits and won't be doubling a lot. 

I don't plan on having Sanaki face a blues. I'm thinking of trying out a magic based team with Nino and Linde + another unit (whether it's Azura, Eirika or Nowi, I'm not sure yet). So the rest of the team could handle Blue and Red while Sanaki destroys Green/Grey and can help against Red. And yeah, as I said above, the damage from Dragon Fang is appealing, but the cooldown isn't. 

Haha, I wouldn't plan on Sanaki 1v1ing a Blue either, but it's gonna happen sooner or later, and I would like her to have something approaching a fighting chance when that happens.

And for your fourth slot, maybe try Ninian (if you can pull her)? She's a dancer, so she'll be really useful for that alone, but she's also a magic unit (dragon), and she can buff adjacent allies when she attacks and she can teleport next to your other units when her HP gets low, so she could be what you need.

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

I'm really hoping to put Dance on Lucina or something. Not sure how restricted it is though. No idea what else is possible... it's going to be crazy.

And I wanna put it on Jaffar. I doubt we'll be able to do that (gotta keep dancers unique), but I really want to.