Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

27 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Seems like tomorrow is going to be spent on grinding up skill fodder for inheritance. Already have some combinations in mind. Can't wait to give Roy some actually good skills.

Also, earlier on today, I made a silent promise to 5* my Eliwood if I pulled Ninian. I guess that's where my feathers are going to once this arena season ends. Sorry Sharena, you'll have to wait.

I have 3 Lon'qus on my second account. Lon'qu gets vantage. 

I have 4, yes, 4 Matthews on my second account. Matthew gets Poison strike

2 Virions for astra.

M Corrin for obstruct

2 Hinatas for Fury or Pavise.

3 Ests for shove

Let's just say, for lack of a better term:

Spoiler

Giggity

Re roll accounts are gonna be pretty retarded considering a lot of people (like me) sent home their units because they were useless. But when I heard inherit was coming I was like "Now is the time to reroll". And now I have to decide between giving sheena obstruct or poison strike XD. obstruct might be the way to go so I can give damage with sanaki and takumi will Ephraim stands behind sheena for atk boosts and debufferations.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 Virions for astra.

M Corrin for obstruct

3 Ests for shove

Reveal hidden contents

Giggity

Re roll accounts are gonna be pretty retarded considering a lot of people (like me) sent home their units because they were useless. But when I heard inherit was coming I was like "Now is the time to reroll". And now I have to decide between giving sheena obstruct or poison strike XD. obstruct might be the way to go so I can give damage with sanaki and takumi will Ephraim stands behind sheena for atk boosts and debufferations.

Valid point on sacrificing units...it makes me not feel so bad about having three Shannas, because Desperation looks like it'll be really interesting to combine with other units

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Valid point on sacrificing units...it makes me not feel so bad about having three Shannas, because Desperation looks like it'll be really interesting to combine with other units

The only other thing is that increase skill point thing. Giving stuff to natural born five star units is gonna pain in the royal behind. Synthetic 5 stars are gonna be more lit than Christmas though cause they had tons of time to get sp. Especially Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena. I could see it now:

76095350.jpg

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 Virions for astra.

M Corrin for obstruct

3 Ests for shove

Hide contents

Giggity

For my main team, Ephraim will be getting swordbreaker and maybe death blow so he can stomp on any sword user in the arena. Lilina is getting death blow to OHKO Takumi (to avoid triggering vantage), Lyn gets brash assault, and Ninian gets hone Atk (bye Olivia) as I don't run any other dragons and a defiant skill (maybe defense?) for extra survivability.

I'm considering either glimmer or dragon fang(if possible) for Roy's special skill, and threaten speed for his C slot.

For those who have Hector, I suggest pivot for extra movement and either wings of mercy or vantage for skills.

Edited by Korath88

Synthetic 5 stars will benefit more from this than summoned 5 stars, eh? There's more hope for my Freddy after all. :D

I wouldn't mind putting Wary Fighter or Vantage on him myself. I just need units that have those skills that I'm willing to dump...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Synthetic 5 stars will benefit more from this than summoned 5 stars, eh? There's more hope for my Freddy after all. :D

I wouldn't mind putting Wary Fighter or Vantage on him myself. I just need units that have those skills that I'm willing to dump...

That means less unit-dropping for feathers. Hopefully the retooled Arena and Hero Merit systems will help your units earn more feathers without more headaches

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

That means less unit-dropping for feathers. Hopefully the retooled Arena and Hero Merit systems will help your units earn more feathers without more headaches

Coolio! Because I love my Freddy and would love for him to be useful after all I did to make him a lv. 40 5 star, yup!

31 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I've been purposely keeping all of my Shannas since skill inheritance was announced. This is part of the reason my barracks is entirely full.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The only other thing is that increase skill point thing. Giving stuff to natural born five star units is gonna pain in the royal behind. Synthetic 5 stars are gonna be more lit than Christmas though cause they had tons of time to get sp. Especially Anna, Alfonse, and Sharena. I could see it now:

76095350.jpg

I still think Vantage is overrated. Skill builds are going to revolve around getting one-round kills now that it'll be easier than ever to do so, meaning Vantage is simply never going to activate. (And even if it does, Robin laughs at the pittance that Takumi deals to him.)

I'm more concerned about enemies with Death Blow making it riskier to bait and deal damage on enemy phase (for example, I found out last night that I don't have a particularly good answer for Merric due to his respectable Spd and Def and green typing), Quick Riposte making it riskier to deal non-lethal damage on player phase, and Moonbow making it imperative to land quick kills and reducing the viability of tanking.

Also repositioning skills because the AI loves to abuse those to no end.

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I'm considering either glimmer or dragon fang(if possible) for Roy's special skill, and threaten speed for his C slot.

On a neutral Roy, Dragon Fang is a flat +23 damage (+25 with Hone Atk), and Glacies is a flat +22 damage (+25 with Hone Res) with the same cooldown. You can add that to your options if you can't get Dragon Fang.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh hell yes! Who is disposable enough to gift Lilina Death Blow?

Only units with death blow 3 are Alfonse, Hawkeye, Ursula, Effie, and Klein. There aren't really any viable choices :/

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Only units with death blow 3 are Alfonse, Hawkeye, Ursula, Effie, and Klein. There aren't really any viable choices :/

Well, you can always sacrifice your spare Ursula, there's two for a reason.

Just now, Korath88 said:

But...but I can only get two of her. Plus she is the only unit with blazing thunder. So I'd suggest being careful if anyone is going to user her for skill fodder. And as we don't quite know how skill inheritance is going to work, she is also the only blue tome user that is effective against cavs..

14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Oh yes, I did keep the inferior one. She now will come in handy! Death Blow 3 means +3 PP Atk over Lilina's vanilla Atk +3, right?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh yes, I did keep the inferior one. She now will come in handy! Death Blow 3 means +3 PP Atk over Lilina's vanilla Atk +3, right?

Death Blow 3 gives +6 atk, but only if you initiate the attack. So yes, you are correct

Edited by Kiran

Guys, why am I suddenly seeing a ton of Marth in the Arena? Almost every battle I did today had a Marth, and one battle had two Marths. Is he suddenly OP?

I still can't win much either, by the way, even with Olivia and Lissa doing things. But at least I've been able to do the daily quests.

Guys, why am I suddenly seeing a ton of Marth in the Arena? Almost every battle I did today had a Marth, and one battle had two Marths. Is he suddenly OP?

I still can't win much either, by the way, even with Olivia and Lissa doing things. But at least I've been able to do the daily quests.

Well as you know the arena is getting reworked. It's gonna go by stars and level so just wait until early April, then arena is gonna be easy as pie. He isn't suddenly OP, maybe more people are using him for Ninian counters/manakete team counters.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well as you know the arena is getting reworked. It's gonna go by stars and level so just wait until early April, then arena is gonna be easy as pie. He isn't suddenly OP, maybe more people are using him for Ninian counters/manakete team counters.

Yeah, but that's not until April, sadly. So I'm still stuck with this headache for another half a month... Still, I'm so glad for that rework.

If it's to counter manaketes, that does make sense if Falchion has effective damage against them. It would also explain why I'm seeing several Chroms and Lucinas too. They all wield Falchions.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but that's not until April, sadly. So I'm still stuck with this headache for another half a month...

Welp, M Robin is always a counter so just use him until that half a month passes. They say time flies when you're having fun so do what I do; watch funny Internet videos all day :)

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Welp, M Robin is always a counter so just use him until that half a month passes. They say time flies when you're having fun so do what I do; watch funny Internet videos all day :)

You can also play Path of Radiance as you were going to. (That's what I'm doing right now)

I'm dreading two things: skill transfer wrecking the arena, and needing to rehaul my team for the next week's arena.
Was it leaked who will be the next season's bonus heroes?

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

He would need some more levels, but it's an idea.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can also play Path of Radiance as you were going to. (That's what I'm doing right now)

I'm dreading two things: skill transfer wrecking the arena, and needing to rehaul my team for the next week's arena.
Was it leaked who will be the next season's bonus heroes?

Nah it wasn't leaked. Probably gonna look something like, Ursula, (everyone in the new banner) and 2 people no one cares about. Which is pretty much what all the focuses are gonna be like from now on:

Grand Hero

Focus

Random people like Gwendolyn

I'm kind of worried about skill inheritance too, but I'm confident they'll restrict the most ridiculous things, like putting Axebreaker on lance units, at least. Mostly I'm worried about Vantage and hoping it will be limited to sword units, since it's generally associated with Myrmidons in the series.

...But if not, I have a Takumi and I'm loading him up with the skill first thing once the system is out. I'm sorry, everyone. (I've been starting to switch my defense team for theme rather than power after I get a good win, though.)

Just now, Phoenix_Kensai said:

I'm kind of worried about skill inheritance too, but I'm confident they'll restrict the most ridiculous things, like putting Axebreaker on lance units, at least. Mostly I'm worried about Vantage and hoping it will be limited to sword units, since it's generally associated with Myrmidons in the series.

...But if not, I have a Takumi and I'm loading him up with the skill first thing once the system is out. I'm sorry, everyone. (I've been starting to switch my defense team for theme rather than power after I get a good win, though.)

Gordin and Anna both get vantage so it's definitely universal.

All you can do is fight fire with fire or make some completely retarded teams like a full savage blow, poison strike team. (JUST REALIZED YOU CAN HAVE BOTH OF THOSE AT THE SAME TIME).

I've been finding LOTS of Marth too

And a heavy swords party in general

Which is bad for me since my team is forced to have Jeigan now, so i can't use Matthew support for the ussual "Julia vs the World" strats.RIP