• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Will we be getting Axe Peggie's? I mean, we got Axe Raven and Sword Caeda & Catria. I really wanted to see an Axe Subaki...

Has there ever been a Pegasus knight in the series that wielded axes? I'm interested in the idea of an axe Pegasus but who would be the most likely candidate?

Also hoping for lance wyverns. All of them have been axe wielders so far. And speaking of wyverns, they're the only class in the game that doesn't have a generic enemy version. (aside from manaketes and dancers)

Edited by Korath88

Just now, Korath88 said:

Has there ever been a Pegasus knight in the series that wielded axes? I'm interested in the idea of an axe Pegasus but who would be the most likely candidate?

Also hoping for lance wyverns. All of them have been axe wielders so far.

Nope, there has never been an axe pegasus knight. Always lances and swords (and sometimes staves).

I suppose Jill can be a lance wyvern knight.

I mean, so I guess Skill Inheritance is inheriting skills...from the same character via merging?

Apparently, the potential skill expansion thing is in the form of some new item coming soon, too?

Oh, and Lloyd from Tale- I mean, Blazing Blade is coming, too, and we'll finally get Navarre and Xander. If we can. :P

I'm super excited about the new battle rules. Now that Defense is a thing, healers instantly become a lot more valuable :O

EDIT (since I hadn't finished reading the infodump): The biggest thing by far imo is the fact that they're completely overhauling how Arena matchmaking works. Instead of being solely based off BST, it's now based off a combination of 4 factors: Character level and rarity, number of merge bonuses, base stats AFTER removing skill effects (like Fury), and equipped skills (to balance out having OP skills from inheritance). This is HUGE!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

@eclipse"While I'd love to argue this, it's the wrong topic to do so.Ā  The tl;dr is that you're ignoring Virion's niche."

Want to continue this here, m'lady? (I just love a good discussion)

Edited by Birdy

10 minutes ago, Birdy said:

@eclipse"While I'd love to argue this, it's the wrong topic to do so.Ā  The tl;dr is that you're ignoring Virion's niche."

Want to continue this here, m'lady? (I just love a good discussion)

Sure~!

I use Virion as a debuffer.Ā  The -7 Speed debuff means that neutral Virion will double enemies with 33 Speed, assuming that he attacks again in the same turn, for a total of three attacks.Ā  This is over half of the necessary charge for Astra. . .assuming the enemy survives 44 Attack three times in a row (48 if Olivia is glued to him, like she should be).Ā  Ranged + Seal Speed is very useful both on offense and defense, especially if you're against a unit that refuses to be ORKO'd (like Sharena).Ā  This is why I prefer +Spd on Virion over +Atk - his job is to hamper the opponent's Speed, so something can double and kill them.Ā  Once skill transfer becomes A Thing, I'm going to find a random unit with Spd+3 and pass that on - once my Virion hits 5* level 40, he'll have 37 Speed (hooray +Spd), which means the only characters he won't get three attacks on are Hana and Lon'qu (and maybe new Elibe characters).

Hector completely and utterly shuts him down, though.Ā  He can take one non-Raven attack (unless it's +Atk Linde, who might be able to OHKO him), and MAYBE one of those, too (Cecilia might have other ideas, though).

58 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sure~!

I use Virion as a debuffer.Ā  The -7 Speed debuff means that neutral Virion will double enemies with 33 Speed, assuming that he attacks again in the same turn, for a total of three attacks.Ā  This is over half of the necessary charge for Astra. . .assuming the enemy survives 44 Attack three times in a row (48 if Olivia is glued to him, like she should be).Ā  Ranged + Seal Speed is very useful both on offense and defense, especially if you're against a unit that refuses to be ORKO'd (like Sharena).Ā  This is why I prefer +Spd on Virion over +Atk - his job is to hamper the opponent's Speed, so something can double and kill them.Ā  Once skill transfer becomes A Thing, I'm going to find a random unit with Spd+3 and pass that on - once my Virion hits 5* level 40, he'll have 37 Speed (hooray +Spd), which means the only characters he won't get three attacks on are Hana and Lon'qu (and maybe new Elibe characters).

Hector completely and utterly shuts him down, though.Ā  He can take one non-Raven attack (unless it's +Atk Linde, who might be able to OHKO him), and MAYBE one of those, too (Cecilia might have other ideas, though).

Seal Speed is a pretty good C-skill, I believe so aswell. Speed is probably the most important stat in the game, until Wary Fighter/X_Breaker skills decide to drop in, so reducing Speed is definitly useful. I'll probably put some Hone_X Skills, since they are group wide and can be taken into effect even on the first battle, higher on the worthĀ list though.

When you say 'assuming that he attacks again in the same turn', do you mean that he will attack an enemy > Olivia will dance > Virion will attack again? If so, to make Olivia glued to Virion for that purpose is a HUGE investment. Dancer + pretty much every unit is a potent combo most of the time.

Your plan when Skill Inherit comes out (tomorrow?) is not bad, though I believe that with the right skills, all the archers could be good.Ā You could even give seal speed to all the archers that outclass him. Then again, you could also give things like daggerbreaker and Assassin's bow to Virion from Setsuna, though she has much more innate speed which I value a lot.Ā Also, you're assuming your +SPD and +3SPD inherited Virion into account and taking neutral stats from all other characters, I'm not sure how fair that isĀ xD.

I won't really deduct points from getting beat by Hector or (+ATK)Linde, they do that to a loooot of characters unfortunuatly ;_;. Ā 

Ā 

It's not so much that I find Virion unusable, I think that every unit has their own strong points and useful effects. Seal speed is definiatly useful, but if you need two characters, of which one a buffing dancer,Ā to down one enemy, I generally don't think that's a good thing since I feel that's the minimum you should be getting to mostly win battles without deaths. And once Inherit Skills come out, he loses that which sets him apart from other bow users. If you need more damage then there's Klein / Jeorge /Ā Takumi (with Close Counter probably not inheritable) who are faster and have more ATK, Niles is better against Magic, Gordin tanks physical attacks better. You can put in the time to make him a good unit, but you can do the same with the other archers, which to me end up better in a lot of cases.

Edited by Birdy

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Does sully have a sapphire Lance? That's probably why if it's like that. Other than that, then I guess 19 defense is good and I'm a total moronĀ ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Looks like I was ninjered by Thor. Well st least swords won't be a problem. Now you can't take a hit from axes worth a rats behind. Even so, axes aren't really abundant so I guess green tomes are more of a threat.

Yeah, she has that. It counts too on enemy attacks ? Didn't know that... But makes sense.

I have Stahl with her, but I think Leo or Henry are good options too.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Nope, there has never been an axe pegasus knight. Always lances and swords (and sometimes staves).

I suppose Jill can be a lance wyvern knight.

Altenna is FORCED to use lances. I mean, I care less about her weapon than I did for Lachesis (and Nanna's), but they just can't give her something other than Gae bolg. Trabant and Areone too with their Gugnir. I guess?

Edited by Sartek

19 minutes ago, Sartek said:

Altenna is FORCED to use lances. I mean, I care less about her weapon than I did for Lachesis (and Nanna's), but they just can't give her something other than Gae bolg. Trabant and Areone too with their Gugnir. I guess?

These three seemed too obvious to me that I didn't even think of them >.<

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

once my Virion hits 5* level 40, he'll have 37 Speed (hooray +Spd)

Are you seriously going to 5 star a Virion? Serioisly? Say "5 star virion" out loud and then ask yourself if thats what you really want do. You don't at least have a Gordin or something? If you do, 5 star him and give gordin Virion's Astra! Now you have the same thing with shove, vantage, and +3 Atk. In fact if you have another Virion you can give him seal speed too. (Sp will be an issue but Gordin gets sp easy. Mine has 900 at 4 stars from using him to do everything). But of course, you can do what you want. Some people do 5 star characters for other reasons besides logic . . . . . . . .

Also it says arena is going to be changed with regards to matchmaking. It will go by stars and levels now! I find this ironic because Anacybele was saying this same exact thing XD Either she is a Nintendo spy or she's a psychic >ā€¢>

Since people still say it after the announcements; As far as I understood the explanation, skill inheritance won't work between different characters, only between the same unit, Marth -> Marth, Gordin -> Gordin, etc. , making it only a SP-saving option, but people still say its like a transfer of skills from like Lon'qu Vantage to Takumi, which I don't believe after todays announcements (and prefer balance-wise). I'd love a 100% certain source for my assumption, but I don't think there is one yet.

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Since people still say it after the announcements; As far as I understood the explanation, skill inheritance won't work between different characters, only between the same unit, Marth -> Marth, Gordin -> Gordin, etc. , making it only a SP-saving option, but people still say its like a transfer of skills from like Lon'qu Vantage to Takumi, which I don't believe after todays announcements (and prefer balance-wise). I'd love a 100% certain source for my assumption, but I don't think there is one yet.

You misunderstood the announcement, if that was the case, there won't be any skills to transfer between identical units.

The announcement is basically saying that in April, if you fuse a unit that has inherited a skill into another unit, those inherited skills will be transferred over as well.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You misunderstood the announcement, if that was the case, there won't be any skills to transfer between identical units.

The announcement is basically saying that in April, if you fuse a unit that has inherited a skill into another unit, those inherited skills will be transferred over as well.

I don't think I did, especially the last sentence in the explanation with how Sol would be otherwise lost in the current merging and the fact that its a Marth to Marth example makes me believe I am right. I do not mind to be proven wrong, but from what is given, I don't see the process you mentioned.

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I don't think I did, especially the last sentence in the explanation with how Sol would be otherwise lost in the current merging and the fact that its a Marth to Marth example makes me believe I am right. I do not mind to be proven wrong, but from what is given, I don't see the process you mentioned.

Marth doesn't have Sol by default. That Marth from the example must have got it from somewhere else, which is another unit entirely.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

They're talking about Sol being lost while fusing, not inheriting. If you were right, Marth wouldn't even be able to get sol in the first placeĀ 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Marth doesn't have Sol by default. That Marth from the example must have got it from somewhere else, which is another unit entirely.

Ah, thanks, I just assumed Marth had Sol, for some reason. That actually proves it then, thx and my bad. (Except if IS screwed up with the example big time, ha)

Same to you Korath ;):

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Monkey Cheez was trying to prolong the inevitable but it's still happening. We are all going to die everyone. Hopefully you have your armorĀ teams ready though, cause I have mine! On my second account I already have 2 swaps a smite and a drawback ready for transfer (watching auto-battles is gonna be hilarious) *rubs hands together*Ā Its gonna get nasty . . . . . .

Seems like tomorrow is going to be spent on grinding up skill fodder for inheritance. Already have some combinations in mind. Can't wait to give Roy some actually good skills.

Also, earlier on today, I made a silent promise to 5* my Eliwood if I pulled Ninian. I guess that's where my feathers are going to once this arena seasonĀ ends. Sorry Sharena, you'll have to wait.

Edited by Korath88