eclipse

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

*sword

You're right, oops. xP

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You ditched effie . . .  . .  . 

Reveal hidden contents

*jumps off of cliff*

Effie is maaaaaaad good though. I wish you could trade in this game. Oh well, she's gone now. What are you gonna do? One day I will make a full armor team though. The people will laugh, but I will show them the powers of the force!

I also don't like her at all... And armors aren't that good. Effie could be the best one, I don't know, but none of them are that great when they have such poor movement and can get one-shot by mages.

Speaking of which, I ran into a Sheena in the tower once, and for some reason, Frederick's hammer didn't have armor effective damage on her. She definitely looked like an armor to me. What happened here? I've never heard of any skills that negate effective damage.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Arcanite

Isn't this the map that has a Hector and some kind of mage, or am I misremembering >.<

...I think my two star Draug is trying to run away at the thought! xD

I think I'll stick with levelling up Ursula for the new focus... Maybe if I get a spare ten years, I can work on my four armours. Shame I can't bring across the Effie from the other account, since she's at least in the 30s -.- Still haven't got Sheena and Hector... and that's it for armours in the game. The game needs more armours :O I would say Zephiel should be the next grand hero 'cos of this... but I'd rather have Michalis :D

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're right, oops. xP

I also don't like her at all... And armors aren't that good. Effie could be the best one, I don't know, but none of them are that great when they have such poor movement and can get one-shot by mages.

Speaking of which, I ran into a Sheena in the tower once, and for some reason, Frederick's hammer didn't have armor effective damage on her. She definitely looked like an armor to me. What happened here? I've never heard of any skills that negate effective damage.

Sheena has Svalinn shield, which does negate effective bonuses.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Isn't this the map that has a Hector and some kind of mage, or am I misremembering >.<

...I think my two star Draug is trying to run away at the thought! xD

75.png

There is no mage there, but there are the three FE7 lords, a lance armour and an archer.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah you're right. The things that make effie such a good hero is her combination of skills but that res is a killer. Also sheena has svallin shield so that was probably the other thing

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Reveal hidden contents

75.png

There is no mage there, but there are the three FE7 lords, a lance armour and an archer.

Ah so @Cute Chao if you really wanted to try you can send/station Wendy and let Eli wood kill himself. Let the drugs swarm Hector, ignore the archer cause he's probably going to do nothing, and then let gwen take down the other Lancer and lyn.

This is all speculation though so depending on stats it might not go that way lol

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah you're right. The things that make effie such a good hero is her combination of skills but that res is a killer. Also sheena has svallin shield so that was probably the other thing

Armors never have good res.

Also, what a stupid skill then.

I don't like the arena anymore. It's not possible to win. At least without fucking luck. Too many broken Takumis and self-healing Lucinas and bullshit. I'm done with it. I'm tired of blowing all my dueling crests for this.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

1) Armors never have good res.

2) Also, what a stupid skill then.

1) Except Effie has Wary Fighter which, coupled with her massive HP pool, lets her actually survive mages for a while.

2)That's an interesting skill that only two other characters have. Michalis (who comes in the next Grand Hero battle, by the way) is immune to bow effectiveness, and Camus (who comes some time in the future) is immune to anti-cavalry effectiveness.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1) Except Effie has Wary Fighter which, coupled with her massive HP pool, lets her actually survive mages for a while.

2)That's an interesting skill that only two other characters have. Michalis (who comes in the next Grand Hero battle, by the way) is immune to bow effectiveness, and Camus (who comes some time in the future) is immune to anti-cavalry effectiveness.

1) Probably not for as long as actual high res units.

2) I don't think Michalis will be immune to bows. Not when an archer is in the summoning focus for his battle. That would be pointless if he was immune to them.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Armors never have good res.

Also, what a stupid skill then.

The thing sheena is she actually has good resistance, 33 at base which is more than M robin, a tome user. The other thing is sheena doesn't have as much attack as other armored units either so it balances out a bit.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

2) I don't think Michalis will be immune to bows. Not when an archer is in the summoning focus for his battle. That would be pointless if he was immune to them.

In the chapter michalis appears in he has Iotes shield which says "Negates effectiveness". So yeah. He probably will have fliers to help him though so maybe that's why. Takumi users will be so hype

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1) Of course not, but it's not her job. She's designed to be a stone wall with a mighty punch that can tank magic in a pinch, buying you some needed time.

2) He is the original “immune-to-bows” character in the series. Also, Sheena still has her immunity and that's fine. There might be fliers on his map apart from him.

EDIT: oh hell yes, I forgot Sheena tanks magic like a champ. Go pink!

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Considering previous Grand Hero battles, his map will most likely be inspired by the map you fought him in his original game. And his mal was full of fliers, which is why Gordin is there.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Arcanite

It would involve training them up... I might if I can bring it up. Wendy's 28 so she's not bad, but Draug's only 14/ 1 / 1 so would involve effort. Ahhh... effort... Those 2500 shards would be handy right now xD

You have a little over 2 weeks so if you play hard enough you might be able to do it. It only took me 3 days to get felicia from 2 stars level 1 to 4 star level 25 (I have no social life so maybe a little bit longer for you). All you need is an Olivia and some will-power!.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

2) He is the original “immune-to-bows” character in the series. Also, Sheena still has her immunity and that's fine. There might be fliers on his map apart from him.

EDIT: oh hell yes, I forgot Sheena tanks magic like a champ. Go pink!

Just because he had something in the game he appears in doesn't mean he'll have it here. We just got a tome-less Lucius. Raven doesn't use a sword here. And so on.

Pink sucks, imo. Blue and yellow are the best colors to me...

Seems I'm back to only being able to win fucking beginner battles in the arena. Too many fucking healers, Takumis, and self-healing units. Every battle I try has at least one of these. I don't have any of those that I can use myself. I have one healer, but it's a 3 star Lissa which is too weak even if I leveled her up more. Also, people here seem to say healers suck, so there's no point in upgrading her (and she does only heal a whopping 7 HP total anyway). I have better priorities for upgrading anyway (Sharena, female Corrin, both Robins...).

I would like to complete the new daily arena quests, but I'm not doing anything more there. It's too unfair and difficult.

Edited by Anacybele

May I make a suggestion Ana? Try limiting to 2-3 units. That actually lowers the difficulty of the enemy team quite a bit. 4 units is quite overkill especially with the ones you have. I've been doing that and still managed over 3000 points (although I had the help of Lachesis). If not, I don't know what else there is.

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

May I make a suggestion Ana? Try limiting to 2-3 units. That actually lowers the difficulty of the enemy team quite a bit. 4 units is quite overkill especially with the ones you have. I've been doing that and still managed over 3000 points (although I had the help of Lachesis). If not, I don't know what else there is.

What do you mean "the ones I have"? I have high level units, one of them at last being a 5 star at lv. 40. Maybe I'm not the best player (I still have trouble winning in the tower...), but I would not say I have bad units, if that's what you mean. I think I just need to learn more about strategy in this game. It doesn't feel as similar as normal FE at all. I knew it would be different, but I guess not this different.

As for your suggestion though, maybe that could work. I still have to make one of them Jagen for the bonus (though my god he can't hit well. He's only good for tanking magic because of his res and Aegis. Why must he be my only 4 star bonus unit...), but making Freddy my axe/green and Palla my red/sword might be enough. I want to level Jagen up a little more first though.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just because he had something in the game he appears in doesn't mean he'll have it here. We just got a tome-less Lucius. Raven doesn't use a sword here. And so on.

Hackers have already leaked the stats and skills of future grand hero battle units, and Michalis has Iote's shield. They were right regarding Ursula's skills, so there's no reason that they would be wrong here.

12 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Hackers have already leaked the stats and skills of future grand hero battle units, and Michalis has Iote's shield. They were right regarding Ursula's skills, so there's no reason that they would be wrong here.

He has Iote's Shield in 9-1 in this very game too. He keeps it, no doubts.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What do you mean "the ones I have"? I have high level units, one of them at last being a 5 star at lv. 40. Maybe I'm not the best player (I still have trouble winning in the tower...), but I would not say I have bad units, if that's what you mean.

I didn't mean that they're bad units. I meant that a bunch people use insanely overpowered units compared to your units (your units are fine). It kinda sucks that people prioritize the strongest units rather than ones they like. And yeah, I also think you should take more time with strategy. They're also just AI, so i'm sure you can exploit them to give yourself an advantage.

As for my suggestion, I'm glad you're trying it but a heads up, it's not guaranteed. Last week, I kept losing to Takumi despite me only having 2-3 units, and a Robin.

Edited by Falcom

44 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You have a little over 2 weeks so if you play hard enough you might be able to do it. It only took me 3 days to get felicia from 2 stars level 1 to 4 star level 25 (I have no social life so maybe a little bit longer for you). All you need is an Olivia and some will-power!.

Well, during my break I got him up four levels (lvl 14 four star Draug, that is), but now I keep dying in the training tower or he keeps not getting any exp. I think I'll run Cecilia with him to clear out the lances and blue mages that keep getting me. Or could run Reinhardt to clear out everyone xD

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I didn't mean that they're bad units. I meant that a bunch people use insanely overpowered units compared to your units. It kinda sucks that people prioritize the strongest units rather than ones they like. And yeah, I also think you should take more time with strategy. They're also just AI, so i'm sure you can exploit them to give yourself an advantage.

As for my suggestion, I'm glad you're trying it but a heads up, it's not guaranteed. Last week, I kept losing to Takumi despite me only having 2-3 units, and a Robin.

Well I don't have all those OP units. It's not fair. How am I ever supposed to get more 5 star units if I can't win any arena battles for feathers? It's really not fair to players like me.

And yeah, I can see. I tried your suggestion and still lost even after giving Jagen a couple more levels. I didn't win at all. Though in my defense, the enemy team was all red units and one of them could self-heal. Of course Frederick was going to get obliterated, leaving me with two units against four.

How many fucking units self-heal? So far I've seen Lucina, Marth, Chrom, and Fae self-heal. That's ridiculously broken.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

How do you guys think Karel will compare to Lyn?

Lyn's a broken OP unit, so he probably won't be as good.

I still can't win much at all in the arena even with just three units. Everyone I face is too broken or has a massive advantage in some other way (two battles in a row were nothing but red swords, some that self-heal). I can't just delete everything and start over either, I would lose my lv. 40 5 star Frederick.

I think arena teams should be limited to one, maybe two five star units since not everyone has a whole bunch of them. No duplicate units either. And the enemy teams should be picked based on level, not stat total.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Crunching the numbers has led me to believe that Effie can tank magic better than some mages can tank magic (in particular, Linde, the very best blue mage and candidate for top 3 mages in the game) takes only a bit more less damage than Effie from green mages and has tremendously less HP than her.  I don't think anybody in the game can OHKO Effie except for maybe a Triangle Adept 3 +Atk Julia with Hone/Rally attack support that you might find in the Training Tower

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well I don't have all those OP units. It's not fair. How am I ever supposed to get more 5 star units if I can't win any arena battles for feathers? It's really not fair to players like me.

If you don't like using "OP" units, then you're gonna have a hard time doing more challenging things. That's all there is to it. If you enjoy the self-imposed challenge of using your favorites without regard for others because of "reasons", then that's your choice but when an obvious solution exists that can improve your odds and you don't utilize the opportunity because you just really don't feel like it, then there's no real other answer aside from just keep doing what you're doing. You -had- Effie, one of the most durable units in the game, and sent her out for feathers because you wanted to. 

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How many fucking units self-heal? So far I've seen Lucina, Marth, Chrom, and Fae self-heal. That's ridiculously broken.

Lissa should have self-heal too. Not cuonting Sol-users of course.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn's a broken OP unit, so he probably won't be as good.

They'll have their trade-offs. Sol Katti is an incredible weapon but Karel's got better skills aside from his weapon. Dno his stats though :(